Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old School Sims, anyone?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not Sims 1 - I gave all of those to my Godson when he was 8 - he will be 18 the end of the month - lol but I still play Sims 2 and Sims 3 all the time. Lots more than Sims 4 as I prefer them both over 4.

I wish I could go back to sims 2 but I hate how if you visit a lot its still the time you left your home when you return. I also don't like how only yoir house ages besides the 3 you can pick.

Other than thay it's a perfect game to me.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not Sims 1 - I gave all of those to my Godson when he was 8 - he will be 18 the end of the month - lol but I still play Sims 2 and Sims 3 all the time. Lots more than Sims 4 as I prefer them both over 4.

I wish I could go back to sims 2 but I hate how if you visit a lot its still the time you left your home when you return. I also don't like how only yoir house ages besides the 3 you can pick.

Other than thay it's a perfect game to me.

There is a mod for that (check the Community Time project). After a sim goes to a community lot, when you go back to the home lot the sim will be shown as "away" (just as if they were working) and the sim will only return to the home lot at the time they left the community lot. It only works when you get a cab though (not when you walk to lot; I'm not sure if it works with private cars).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I never played the original. I began my "gaming madness" with Sims2. So glad EA offered the Sims2: Ultimate Collection. I had the entire series, but my little grandson, when he was still a baby, managed to destroy the base game disk. Once in a blue moon I'll play it. I've even played Sims3 here and there. But I always come back to Sims4.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm playing it on my pc. It's so nice to have the game back, brings back so many wonderful memories! Though, I've forgotten how hard it is to keep all their needs up and them happy. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Not often anymore but when I get nostalgic I'll boot it up and give the little ancestors of my current game a spin around the block :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I had the Sims 1 back in the day when it first came out but wasn't able to get it to run on the computer I had at the time. I would love to go back and try it though because it does look really challenging to keep up with the Sims needs and to keep everyone alive and happy in general. I would definitely purchase it if they ever put it up on Origin and I might still try to buy it and give it a try someday.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah, sometimes when a mood strikes. Wow, it's hard to take care of them and feel TS4 is sooooo easy compared to The Sims original. But I like to go back now and then and make Sims try to earn more gold coins from doing those magic tricks on stage and or duels. I also like to try to see if I can get my Sims up to a high level in show biz of some sort or work on them all but truth be known I did that when the game was current but find I'm not able to do that in my old age...complicated and hard. lol It's a huge challenge even more so than when I was younger. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member
    edited February 2016
    Nope, I missed the TS and TS2 train. I was just about to graduate HS when TS came out. I spent those years TS years "studying." ;) Around the time TS2 was out, I actually asked my (now ex) husband if he thought I would like The Sims (because I played 0 video games at the time and he was much more gaming-knowledgeable), and said I was interested in playing it, and he talked me into checking out Second Life instead because it was "the same thing" (looking back, I think he was just being cheap because SL is free :p ). So I played SL during the TS2 years.

When the topic came up with my current SO, by then TS3 was out, he said he thought I would like it and he came home with a copy of TS3 for Xbox 360 the next day. <3<3<3 Obviously I haven't looked back.

I still don't play many other games. Occasionally I play Cities Skylines, and I like Soul Calibur and Tekken - but mainly I just sim.
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They need to make S1 a pack like they did with S2, then everyone that wants to play it again or for the first time will be able to.
  • Options
    JessiebrumJessiebrum Posts: 21 Member
    yeah, I play since 2000! and I was just seven year old, it's hard for me to understand woohoo, but that's was fine by me haha
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    My computer can't run any of the older games :(
    Compatibility mode is your friend on newer systems :)

Never moved on from TS2 and occasionally TS1. TS3 just never captured me the way the older games did and with TS4 I only bother with the CAS demo to update my Self-Sim as an avatar on here.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    hellojewbyhellojewby Posts: 1,316 Member
    I still play ALL of them. lol
    I put a bunch of money in the Sims franchise, I'm not about to give ANY up. But as it stands, I play Sims 2 the most. Then Sims 3. Then Sims 1. Sims 4 gets the least play atm. I'm sure that will change when toddlers/weather/pets comes along. Right now, there isn't enough to keep me interested. Not to mention the endless "packs" that come out. Too much money involved in this game. I'm doing things differently than before. Wait for reviews and purchase only for sure wants.
    let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
    *Team Seasons*
    XtR6m6.png
  • Options
    NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    I still play Sims 1. I'm an old school Simmer and have been for the past 15 years. In fact, I do almost all of my YouTube videos on The Sims 1. My username is SariaFan93.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/videos
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    If the solution for vista works fine, I will back at ts0.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)