Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* Supported Graphics Card List (The Sims 4 Edition)

Comments

• Options
    VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member
    edited February 2017
    What about NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB?
    I just bought my new PC and I still have plenty of money to spare to buy upgrades, etc...
    Is that graphics card good or should I buy a new one?
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Venay wrote: »
    I just bought my new PC and I still have plenty of money to spare to buy upgrades, etc...

ask @chesterbigbirf about upgrades. Are you only playing the sims?
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited February 2017

The GTX 1050 Ti is good for the sims games, might not be enough for other games though, Depending on what you play.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    VenayVenay Posts: 59 Member

Yeah, just the sims.
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member

Yeah, just the sims.

Your Good to go then ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Cee_theSimluverCee_theSimluver Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone please help me out?
    I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M series
    my Sims4 game is running poorly and performance is really slow.
    Do I need new VG Drivers?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Can someone please help me out?
    I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M series
    my Sims4 game is running poorly and performance is really slow.
    Do I need new VG Drivers?

Make sure the game is using AMD not intel http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/776882/sims-4-and-switchable-graphics-how-to-nvidia-amd/p1

The game does require updated drives. In the beginning of the game your video card may have been able to run the game on med/high. That may not be the case as the game adds more and more. The game becomes more powerful as you add more and more. You cant upgrade a laptop's video card and processor. You are stuck with the specs you buy. You can try lowing your graphic settings and or lowering your in game resolution. Put the game in laptop mode. Try playing the game in 32 bit mode if your in 64 bit mode

How do I run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4?
    If you are on a 64-bit version of Windows and would like to run the 32-bit version of The Sims 4, do the following:

Right click on The Sims 4 tile in Origin.
    Select “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

If you have large inventories they can also slow the game down.
  • Options
    PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    Are the GTX 1060 and 1070 good enough for TS4 (and TS3 too)? I didn't see them on the list
  • Options
    Are the GTX 1060 and 1070 good enough for TS4 (and TS3 too)? I didn't see them on the list

yes
  • Options
    AidaSimmerAidaSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    Mine is AMD Radeon HD 7400M
    Will it run/support the game? I really want to play it :'(
  • Options
    Actually will it be able to run/support any sims game?
  • Options
    AidaSimmer wrote: »

I dont know how well it will run TS3 or 4. It's a laptop. May run earlier eps on TS3. The heavier ones you might have a problem with. TS4 it was at medium settings at the beginning of the game and so much has been added to it. You can try TS4 and ask for a refund within a 24 hour trial period. There maybe a free trial. Ask @rosemow.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    AidaSimmer wrote: »

I dont know how well it will run TS3 or 4. It's a laptop. May run earlier eps on TS3. The heavier ones you might have a problem with. TS4 it was at medium settings at the beginning of the game and so much has been added to it. You can try TS4 and ask for a refund within a 24 hour trial period. There maybe a free trial. Ask @rosemow.

Hello.
    There is a 48 hours free game trial of Sims 4 available. This is a link to the page with details about it

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/free-games/trials
  • Options
    okay, thanks everyone
  • Options
    JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Hey I'm not sure if someone answered this but what about the AMD Raedon 460 or 480? Im also looking at the Nivida 1050ti?? Please and thank you! Im making my purchase tomorrow!! Excited!!
  • Options
    JSimmy wrote: »
    Hey I'm not sure if someone answered this but what about the AMD Raedon 460 or 480? Im also looking at the Nivida 1050ti?? Please and thank you! Im making my purchase tomorrow!! Excited!!

all three cards meet requirements
  • Options

ok thank you! Also do you know which card will run the best for The Sims 2, 3 & 4? Including their expansion packs? Greatly appreciated :smile:

• Options

ok thank you! Also do you know which card will run the best for The Sims 2, 3 & 4? Including their expansion packs? Greatly appreciated :smile:

Your welcome. All of them meet recommended requirements to run all three games. the 480 card is better than the 460 card and the 1050 ti. I don't own any of these cards to say which the games may like better so to speak. I'm an Nvidia user. I personally don't like AMD's control panel. If you play heavier games than the sims the 480 would be good. If your just playing the sims 460 or 1050 ti will be fine
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 Thanks so much! I decided to go with the Nividia 1050ti and got a great deal on it! Too bad it comes in two weeks! Now I just play the waiting game haha! Thanks for all your help again! I'll be in another area when I need to transfer files!
  • Options
    @JSimmy Your welcome . The 1050 ti is a good card. Enjoy it
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2017
    How accurate is this list?

The reason I ask is that I have a GT 720 and according to this list it is Orange, meaning while I can play Sims 4 I can't play it on High settings.

However, here is the problem. I have been playing on High settings for over 300 hours now with close to 15 mods and 700 pieces of CC active without any problems, so at least for me, the GT 720 should be in the black column not the orange.

Does this list need to be updated again or am I just lucky? I can run a vast majority of newer games on a GT 720 card in medium to high settings, so the GT 720 shouldn't have any problems graphic wise with the Sims 4.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    johnjet wrote: »

The reason I ask is that I have a GT 720 and according to this list it is Orange, meaning while I can play Sims 4 I can't play it on High settings.

However, here is the problem. I have been playing on High settings for over 300 hours now with close to 15 mods and 700 pieces of CC active without any problems, so at least for me, the GT 720 should be in the black column not the orange.

Does this list need to be updated again or am I just lucky? I can run a vast majority of newer games on a GT 720 card in medium to high settings, so the GT 720 shouldn't have any problems graphic wise with the Sims 4.

One the person who started this thread has not been in the forum in a long time. The list has not been updated in probably over a year and no one can edit it. The game has added allot since this list and the game is now more demanding.

Also if you have a 720 card, it is very low end and not designed to run this game. It is fine for steaming movies. I would say your lucky it will run the game. Every computer is different. No two computers are the same. You could have 10 computers same make and model and they will all be different. Your computer will somehow run this game but 9 other of your same computer won't.

are you playing the base game only? I suspect if you added every EP and pack you might have more game issues. The more you add to the game, the more demanding the game becomes
  • Options
    johnjetjohnjet Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2017

One the person who started this thread has not been in the forum in a long time. The list has not been updated in probably over a year and no one can edit it.

Also if you have a 720 card, it is very low end and not designed to run this game. It is fine for steaming movies. I would say your lucky it will run the game. Every computer is different. No two computers are the same. You could have 10 computers same make and model and they will all be different. Your computer will somehow run this game but 9 other of your same computer won't.

are you playing the base game only? I suspect if you added every EP and pack you might have more game issues. The more you add to the game, the more demanding the game becomes

No, its just a 720 for desktop PC, not laptop (I'm one of those people who think laptops should not ever be used for gaming). That's why the listing of GT720 in the PC section in orange, seems strange.

As I mentioned above, lots of mods and custom content active and all the EP, GP and most of the stuff packs. So, that is why I am just questioning the accuracy of the original post.

• Options

One the person who started this thread has not been in the forum in a long time. The list has not been updated in probably over a year and no one can edit it.

No, its just a 720 for desktop PC, not laptop (I'm one of those people who think laptops should not ever be used for gaming). That's why the listing of GT720 in the PC section in orange, seems strange.

This list was posted when the game first came out. It's a player made list and not an EA list. It should have never been posted since it is not maintained at all. The 720 card for desktop or laptop (laptop is weaker) is still a very low end card. GT cards are not designed to run 3d games that have requirements. GTX cards are designed for gaming 3d games. The minimum specs for this game are for base game only with no game add ons. To play the whole complete game as the game adds more and more you need to look at recommended requirements on the EA packaging ( disc) or the EA web. The game requires a GTX 650 or better to handle all the add ons to this game. The game is not complete.

From the EA web, Desktop requirements to survive the complete game ( when it is completed)

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space