Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2017
    General question: plants that are sticking through other plants are considered as a mistake? I mean, it's pretty natural lol
    example:
    6fMM99Y.jpg
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Great builds so far everyone! It's fun to do a family home! I am working on a unofficial entry at the moment and then I'll do an unofficial of the room for my mom. And, start on the new just for fun Monthly. Which I am really excited about! :)

Hi @kerplukee :) if they are just touching and it isn't really obvious then your fine. But, say one of those flowers sticking halfway into the cactus or say the leaves going all the way through the cactus to the other side that would be a placement issue. Or if a bush is sticking so far into another bush that it just looks like a odd mess then that again would be a placement issue...I hope that helps? Just try and keep them a bit away from the walls or foundation and not overlapping each other to much. Try and make sure they aren't sticking into obvious things like tree trunks, plant pots other plants with big leaves or things like that and right through rocks so they are poking out the sides and center. That last one happens a lot lol Again I hope that was helpful and I can't wait to see your Build!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member

ENTRY FORM

QC challenge no: 44
    Origin ID: MyFavoritedesign
    Are you a novice builder: Yes
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Pancakes Pique Hearth, Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: =New Family Home=
    Gallery Link: Here

6G32MCg.jpg

OpjbqUX.jpg

npTsnlr.jpg

lmAE5c2.jpg

NIxQiKC.jpg

LW5r4OS.jpg

More Images:
    7HX1Vwg.png

Sim Entry

Origin ID: MyFavoritedesign
    Sims Gallery Name: Tabitha and Drake
    Gallery Link: Here Images:

ftqrevx.jpg

9Yk2lTl.jpg

Backstory:
    Tabitha is one of the most popular food blogger. She likes to take pictures of food for her blog.
    Drake is a former successful basketballer. Now he is a sport coach.
    They are very happy with their new modern home and they are looking forward to the birth of their first child.

7HX1Vwg.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    The exterior design of New Family Home looks very nice! @MyFavoritedesign :) The architectural stucture of the building looks great! Very nice red and black colour of the exterior. The vertical row of lights on the front exterior is a nice touch. The car port looks great! It is nice that there is an upper level patio over the top of it. The roofing looks great! The patterned flooring in the front outdoors area looks very nice. It is great that there is a nook area for sims to have fun playing basketball.
    Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The red , black and white colour scheme of the interior looks very nice! Very nice design of the living room! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there on the red and white seating, watching tv. The fruit wall pictures, rose and fruit bowl on the coffee table are nice touches in the room. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room. The curtained windows sitting nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them. Very nice nursery and kids room ! The starry curtains and the flower prints on the wall look pretty! The animal wall pictures are cute for the kids to see! They will have fun playijg with the toys in the room. It looks very nice how the red,black and white colour scheme has been used in the master bedroom. The white floor looks very nice with the red and black walls. The black hearts are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The fruit pictures look nice placed either sides of the windows. They are nice touches in the rooms, to reflect Tabitha being a food blogger. Very nice design of the kitchen! The island oval bar stool counter looks great! The flowers on the counter are pretty for sims to see whilst sitting on the stools dining. Very nice furnishing of the office! The food pictures on the walls, the fruit bowl, and fruit/drink chair display look nice and suit Tabitha's career well! She will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The items are nice touches in the honeycomb shelving. Your simversions of Tabitha and Drake are very nice! Tabitha's red glasses and lipstick are nice touches.
    It is a very nice home for the family! :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thank you @rosemow if I can get it all done lol

Hello @MyFavoritedesign your build and sims look wonderful!! It looks great how you've pulled red throughout the whole build! And, the baby's room is adorable! I love your backstory on your couple! it's similar to the one I had in my head! My Drake is still a sports star (because they are young adults still) I was thinking more like Olympic athlete in running. My Tabitha wears glasses as well but, isn't as glam as yours lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @MyFavoritedesign Wow, what a beautiful home. And your sims are gorgeous too!

@lisa17ann and @cbear13 I have a question. Does the home has to be a modern style? Seems like that's the majority. I know it's meant for a young adult couple but when hubby and I were younger, I think we would've chosen a different kind of home. But this house isn't for me, it's for Tabitha and Drake. The house I created was more like @Sim_plicity 's traditional suburban home. Would that be okay? I've finished the outside and started the inside but if it's not right, I will make another one.
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @popettypop2012 it doesnt have to be modern style they just dont want it to be old fashioned, they are a young couple so they want it to suit their age

@MyFavoritedesign welcome to the qc comps and what a way to start, fabulous entry and love Tabitha and Drake

I am loving all the entries so far they are all so different but all look amazing cant wait to judge
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Thanks, @cbear13 I hope that my house turns out okay and that Tabitha and Drake will like it.
    Thank you @rosemow you are such a sweetheart

Thank you @rosemow so much for your wonderful review of my house and my sims! <3
    Thank you @lisa17ann and @popettypop2012 so much for your lovely comments. :):)
    Thank you @Cbear13 for your warm welcome and thanks for all the very kind words. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Wow I thought the challenge was over :D I'm a little lost in time, but I was working in my house and finish it soon. Now I see I have time, yay. I have been fixing my RL work and of course my new sim game, downloading and rebuilding the map is huge but fun at the same time. I'm so in love with the vampires (and my fake fairies) that it is hard to try building something "real" :p I hope my house for this challenge do not look so plain. So far everyones houses are so cool!

BTW all the bar & bowling lots were awesome <3 I have not play the bowling stuff yet :| I need more simming time! :#
  • Sim_plicitySim_plicity Posts: 98 Member
    @MyFavoritedesign omg your house is so beautifully modern, it looks amazing inside and out! Your kitchen and office take the cake, you did a great job!
    Origin ID: Sim_plicity1994

emere wrote: »
    Wow I thought the challenge was over :D I'm a little lost in time, but I was working in my house and finish it soon. Now I see I have time, yay. I have been fixing my RL work and of course my new sim game, downloading and rebuilding the map is huge but fun at the same time. I'm so in love with the vampires (and my fake fairies) that it is hard to try building something "real" :p I hope my house for this challenge do not look so plain. So far everyones houses are so cool!

BTW all the bar & bowling lots were awesome <3 I have not play the bowling stuff yet :| I need more simming time! :#

Hello @emere :) I am sure that your home for the sims will be very nice! I will look forward to seeing it! It is great that you are enjoying having Vampires and fairies in your game.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I had a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer. First, can I withdraw my entry and replace it with another lot? I was seriously bummed at how plain the exterior of my house looked and started another lot with more curb appeal. If not, that's fine.

Second, on this new lot I have, has a four tile space in front of the front door. I added a two tile door and had a tile left for decoration on either side of the door. But when I place the one tile window boxes on either side of the door, the frame of the window box either disappears in the wall or ends up on the frame of the door. I assume, this will be OPA no-no. Is there anyway to fix this? Here's the photo when I moved the boxes so the frame didn't disappear into the wall and now the frame rests on the door frame.

05-01-17_6-19-16PM.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    We havent started judging yet just @lsnishi make sure you edit your entry form and let us know when the right one is up.
    Its fine about the window boxes just make mention of it on your entry form so we don't take points there is some cases like this where one tile items do stick and in this case you can't move to avoid both, i would avoid the sticking in the wall.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks @Cbear13! I'll probably finish this new lot in a couple of days. I can tell I'm getting better since I'm actually checking items when I'm placing them. The OPA is working for me. Hahaha, I like this lot better on the exterior but like the layout of the interior on the other lot better. You just can't win...:)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • kerplukeekerplukee Posts: 180 Member
    Origin ID: valednr
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): the hub-Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: Laguna Blanca
    Gallery Link: here
    Images (3-6 max):8mGIQQV.jpg
    qqrLoxh.jpg
    KY91Bwo.jpg
    gGE5h0e.jpg
    Z6s5NyF.jpg
    more: here
    The exterior design of Laguna Blanca is so very nice! @kerplukee :) The archways look very nice in the build. The double garage looks great! The flowers are a pretty touch along the middle of the driveway. The planter box windows are a nice touch.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The kids bedroom is very nice! The circles floor print and the vertical row of rosettes on the wall are colourfully nice in the room. The starry curtains add a nice look to the room, and the posters look great on the wall. The kids will like reading books in their bedroom. Very nice design of the office! It is a very nice light filled room for Tabitha to enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting at the desk table doing her work on the computer. The wall colour looks nice. The food picture on the wall reflects well her career, and it is nice that she proudly is displaying on the wall the rosette awards that she has achieved in her career. The flowers are a pretty touch on the desk table. Very nice dining room! The type of curtains there give a very nice look to the room. The flowers on the table top and candles on the side wall table are nice for sims to,see whilst dining at the table. Nice corner armchair nook for,sims to enjoy sitting resting there after a meal. The design of the kitchen looks very nice! The island workbench is great! Very nice eat in windows breakfast nook. Sims will have nice views of the outdoors whilst eating meals there. The fruit bowl , mugs rack and items on the wall shelves are nice kitchen touches in the room. The flowers on the workbench and plant wall decor add a very nice colourful touch to the room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thanks so much @Rosemow! @lsnishi - just chip the cake off the counter and bring it. I'm a huge fan of blue food.

@steskens - Nice!! Love the textures you chose and that studio for her blog is awesome!

@myfavoritedesign - great colors in your house and the kitchen is very chic. You also have quite the fun couple. LOVE her glasses.

@kerplukee - Love the rusticness of your build and your use of half walls. The wide tiled staircase is really cool.
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited May 2017
    Origin ID: RivendellStar
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced or Advanced level: Advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Hallow Slough, Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: NewlyWed Nest
    Gallery Link: Here
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    [img][/img]Front_zpsmounnvwr.jpg LivingRoom_zpsgmhypjl3.jpg Kitchen_zpsqh094uh6.jpg Bedroom_zpszwhiougr.jpg Nursery_zpswjdjq1tp.jpg Office_zpsaudgjco3.jpg
    Post edited by RivendellStar on
    jiyKE8j.png

Thank you @Ainsleyf so much for your lovely comment. :)
    7HX1Vwg.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top