March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC hair and eye color questions

emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
Hey everyone- happy to say I'm back to the sims 2! I've missed is so! I do have a few questions however that I hope someone can help with: where can I safely download more hair eye and skin tones? Also can these be genetically passed to my sims children ?

Comments

• DeadGiveawayDeadGiveaway Posts: 13 New Member
    GoS, tumblr, modthesims... there's lots of sites, you just have to look around. As far as these things passing down, each specific custom bodyshop item (that is, hair, eyes, skin) generally has to be geneticized, or made to work that was in game - unless it's a default replacement.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Mod the sims has everything and is safe. I use Lilith's skins on my sims http://lilith-sims.tumblr.com/
    coolsims is great for hair styles, they come in different shades of color then maxis ones. http://www.coolsims.net/

As long as the CC is binned or default replacements, they will be passed down to children.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I just cant get any of the downloads to work... Could it be because I have windows 10 and most of these are for XP?
    emilymsims wrote: »
    I just cant get any of the downloads to work... Could it be because I have windows 10 and most of these are for XP?

Have you got everything working? If not where are you placing the CC? It doesn't matter which Windows version you are using. If you have placed everything in the Downloads folder, it should show up. Unless it is a installable package, in that case you need to use the sims 2 clean installer for that, but I have never had to do that for CAS stuff.
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Yeah I still haven't gotten it to work- maybe I'll try another group of downloads and see if that helps. Any other pointers are greatly appreciated!!!
    Hmm that's odd. Does your Downloads folder have a capital D? Do you have mods and CC enabled in game? I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be working. Unless it came with special instructions, but I have never had any CAS stuff do that.

Have you had any luck getting something to work yet?
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    First idea: Go into your control panel next time you load the game and check the "show Custom Content enabling dialogue at start." When you load the game after that, click yes, and then turn off the "show Custom Content dialogue at start," part. That should enable all hair, eyes, etc. in bodyshop and CAS.

If you've been downloading mostly recolors of furniture, you may need Numenor's CEP, which enables recolors of maxis items. (You can make the fancy victorian loveseat green or turquoise instead of just red, pink and purple, for example.)

For custom modular stairs, fireplaces, and lighting, you may need the Scriptorium mod. (Don't install the radiance lighting mod unless you really want it - it's not necessary for the mod and some people get graphics difficulties.)

Hope that helped!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]