Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else likes 70s 80s 90s Stuff?

Just wondering who all likes this pack. I hardly hear anyone ever say anything about it but i just installed it recently and discovered i really like it. The thing that initially sold me on it were the rap, disco, rock stations from TS1. Man those songs hit me right in the feels every time. But once i checked out all the objects and clothing that came with it too, i found that i REALLY like this pack. Ive used so many of the outfits and items. Its probably my fav stuff pack so far.
Ive gone back to basics with ts3 and am only playing the base game for now. So im really able to put all the stuff from 70s 80s 90s to good use.
Just curious how many of you like this pack? Is it your fav? And if its not your favorite, then which Stuff Pack do you enjoy the most?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I love several of the things in it. The only thing I wished was they made it available for the teens to wear. Some of those outfits are very cute on teen, adults...not so much.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I like it, it's one of 2 stuff packs I actually bought. I use a lot of the grunge items on my rebel sims, and so many of the outfits actually look awesome with different patterns on them.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Oh yes before I forget, there is a mod that will turn the electric guitar into an actual electric guitar that is included in this pack.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=497908
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I love several of the things in it. The only thing I wished was they made it available for the teens to wear. Some of those outfits are very cute on teen, adults...not so much.

I agree. There are a few female outfits that would be perfect for teens.
    And thanks for the electric guitar mod! ;) I'll def be checking that one out!
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    I like it, it's one of 2 stuff packs I actually bought. I use a lot of the grunge items on my rebel sims, and so many of the outfits actually look awesome with different patterns on them.

They really do. CAST is such a powerful tool. Just the right color combos can really make some of those outfits look awesome
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    I never had any issues with the quality of items in that SP (except the electric guitar that the mod helps to make better), just wish there had been more of them. :)

My favorites would have to be Diesel and High End Loft, but I suppose 70s80s90s ranks up there highly with them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I think that @CravenLestat might have some awesome screenies of some of his sim models showing up some of the awesome outfits from this SP... :)
    igazor wrote: »
    I never had any issues with the quality of items in that SP (except the electric guitar that the mod helps to make better), just wish there had been more of them. :)

My favorites would have to be Diesel and High End Loft, but I suppose 70s80s90s ranks up there highly with them.

I wish there would've been a few more items too. Particularly a lava lamp and maybe a real disco ball.
    Its funny you mention those other two SPs because those are the only other ones i got. I have 70s 80s 90s, High end loft, and Diesel. Those were the only 3that seemed to appeal to me.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    I think that @CravenLestat might have some awesome screenies of some of his sim models showing up some of the awesome outfits from this SP... :)

Awesome! If so @CravenLestat please share :) would love to see em.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2017

I have lots of screenies and videos.Here is a roller disco made with that set.Am building something still in game or would post pics.

Roller Disco,Shot several scenes to show it from all angles.Start at 2:12 mark show 3 sims roller skating there pan out shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opaVVPkr0T4
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif

I have lots of screenies and videos.Here is a roller disco made with that set.Am building something still in game or would post pics.

Roller Disco,Shot several scenes to show it from all angles.Start at 2:12 mark show 3 sims roller skating there pan out shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opaVVPkr0T4

Wow. I really like how you used the floor and wall lights for a roller rink. I never wouldve thought to use them for that. It looks like a really cool place. Plus your simmies looked to be enjoying it too
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thank you @PlumDiddy Here are some outfit pics

Whole outfit in this SP

28ti26u.jpg

The 80s workout outfit in this SP

9hos38.jpg

This top from this SP

wtdmkk.jpg

This top too

2m512zl.jpg

These shorts and in above pic in this SP

30k7n80.jpg

This outfit

s28pwk.jpg

This top in the next two pics are from this SP

tamr2v.jpg

fvg3d3.jpg

This outfit in next two pics from this SP

ekrous.jpg

29gfjux.jpg

These ripped pants

2zxw6t3.jpg

This top

25su0x4.jpg

This outfit

j7rqra.jpg

Lots more in this set but so much awesome in it.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    Thank you @PlumDiddy Here are some outfit pics

Whole outfit in this SP

28ti26u.jpg

The 80s workout outfit in this SP

9hos38.jpg

This top from this SP

wtdmkk.jpg

This top too

2m512zl.jpg

These shorts and in above pic in this SP

30k7n80.jpg

This outfit

s28pwk.jpg

This top in the next two pics are from this SP

tamr2v.jpg

fvg3d3.jpg

This outfit in next two pics from this SP

ekrous.jpg

29gfjux.jpg

These ripped pants

2zxw6t3.jpg

This top

25su0x4.jpg

This outfit

j7rqra.jpg

Lots more in this set but so much awesome in it.

Maaan. So awesome. You really have a knack for patterns and putting colors together nstuff. Some of those clothes are completely unrecognizable with the way youve put them together. I think my fav is picture #2. the one of the sim in the workout gear ;) for some reason shes making me want some Lifesavers lol
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Me for the colourful clothes I need them for one of my sims and the objects are quite interesting.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Me for the colourful clothes I need them for one of my sims and the objects are quite interesting.

They are. I was pleasantly surprised how much i liked the pack. Ive used just about every object it came with.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    The SP is alright (I love the grungy Kurt Cobain clothing and hairstyle, that outfit alone made it worth buying for me) but I regret they sort of missed some other great looks. It all looks a bit uncool and not everything from that period in time was uncool. I would have loved it if they'd added a Madonna look in her Desperately Seeking Susan/Like a Virgin phase for instance. Or Grease. To me it all looks a bit too 70s 80s 90s party instead of actually coming from that period.

ETA: The outfits look stunning on your sims as usual @CravenLestat , very much helped by the amazing patterns. I wonder by the way, what style does this refer to...?

28ti26u.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing people dressing like that during those years.
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The SP is alright (I love the grungy Kurt Cobain clothing and hairstyle, that outfit alone made it worth buying for me) but I regret they sort of missed some other great looks. It all looks a bit uncool and not everything from that period in time was uncool. I would have loved it if they'd added a Madonna look in her Desperately Seeking Susan/Like a Virgin phase for instance. Or Grease. To me it all looks a bit too 70s 80s 90s party instead of actually coming from that period.

ETA: The outfits look stunning on your sims as usual @CravenLestat , very much helped by the amazing patterns. I wonder by the way, what style does this refer to...?

28ti26u.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing people dressing like that during those years.

I agree that i think it was a bit of a missed opportunity as far as other looks are concerned. You say the kurt cobain hair and clothing did it for you. The ts1 music is what sold it for me lol. But overall im really pleased with the pack.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    This is the heir I started playing with as soon as the SP had been released ;)

Silas_063_zps5a80bb89.png

I didn't know about the TS1 music, I'll check that out as soon as I open my game! Rap, disco and rock?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited May 2017
    @JoAnne65 Silas <3

I actually bought it because I want to complete my collection, and I liked some of the grungy stuff. I just...Have it...But barely use it honestly, except for a certain lamp I guess. But as I didn't live yet in any of those eras I can't really say anything else.
    @JoAnne65 You def should give it a listen. The music is really good. Im pretty sure the rap and disco stations came with TS1 House Party. The rock station im not so sure of. It either came in another pack or was in the base game. But I remember throwing crazy partys with that music and the dancing cages and colorful dancefloor lights and buffet tables. That was a lot of fun!
    The music in Sims 1 and 2 was always top notch.
    And that outfit your sim is wearing is my fav of 70s 80s 90s too! I wish they wouldve thrown in a couple more like it.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    @CravenLestat I love your venue and your clothing recolors. Makes me like those meshes better. I liked them before, but when I see what you did with them I love 'em.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

They are. I was pleasantly surprised how much i liked the pack. Ive used just about every object it came with.

Here is my best fav objects from the pack (I got a list in English because I don't know the name of )

Low Wider Lounger
    Zzzzap CoffeeTable
    Create-a-Table
    Boomin' Box
    Zeemuth Television Set
    Lightsplosion
    Starlight Party Ball
    JuxtaPlant
    IndustroShelf
    HoverFlame Floating Fireplace

and the paintings !

My sims Salomé loves the colourful clothes I think they suits her very well.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • 1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    The very high waist purple pants with big, decorative belt loops, neck scarf and cap are very reminiscent of late 80's clothes. I had some black satin gaucho pants with a waist like that I wore all the time. :D Come to think of it, it was an acetate satin that faded to purple in direct sunlight. Those are MY pants!!! :o
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Having lived through the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc this stuff pack contained nothing new or startling for me. Some nostalgia, maybe, lol. I always like adding new things to my game. The only stuff pack I have not bought is the Katy whatsit one with all the sweet stuff. I just can't make myself want that sort of thing in my game.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    I love ot a lot, cause I'm a huge fan of old rock'n'roll and disco, my soul belongs to this awesome music and lifestyle. I'm so in love with this stuff pack and I even converted the blue guitar for TS4. I hope we're gonna get some TS4 60-70-80 stuff.