Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 001 - Rules

Comments

• KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    Here we are again <sigh> Yep back at house 1 again after yet more problems with the Sims which resulted in me having to wipe clean both Origin AND the Sims and whilst I could have reinstalled the save files I didn't want to take the chance that they were part of the problem.

So now I have a new founder.... Amy Hawk. She's just moved in and has done a couple of days of collecting so has managed to purchase a few basic amenities. Most of the passers-by are elders, adults and teens and I'd prefer a young adult - though Paolo Rocco has jogged past a couple of times so we may have to get to know him! :smiley:

So far so good with a nice clean game. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    @Karise That's always a bummer when games corrupt or become a problem. I dislike how we cannot uninstall just one game at a time but the game as a hole as I previously had an issue with the vampire pack. Well I hope this new clean game works out! I also love the last name of your founder!

Update from my Drifter save: Finally have the shell of the house complete with just the basic amenities furinishing the rooms. The heir has successfully made it to childhood without being taken away. I'll have photos to upload later, she has also been joined by a little brother as well. He was going to be a spare but then I saw the failure thing if something happens to the heir. Oh well he's super adorable.

Can't remember if I shared the names before but the heir is Bunny Drifter and her younger brother is Cosmo Drifter. Currently having problems with Rocket and Salami marrying as she apparently works for him. Weird as he never ordered pizza and only met her on the street.
    @RubeySim Thanks. Congrats on Bunny becoming a child and being joined by Cosmo. Hope you manage to sort out the problems with Rocket and Salami.
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Karise Aww, man :( Well, at least it's a fun challenge, right? Good luck this time around! At your pace, it shouldn't take long to catch up ;)

@RubeySim Such cute names for your drifters!
    @misfit091376 Yep definitely a fun challenge and yeah I hope to catch up soon. Amy has already moved in Diego Lobo and is now pregnant so we're moving right along, lol.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Bloudwed @crissylp89 Welcome to the Drifters and I look forward to reading your stories.

@RubeySim Welcome to the Drifters and those are great names you have for your sims. I actually had a sim in one of my failed attempts with the name Masami and I was going to change it until I looked up the meaning. It was a Japanese name meaning beauty. She was also a red head. Congrats on the heir :)

@Karise I'm so sorry that you had troubles and had to start over again. I do hope that things go better for you this time around.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Thanks - seems to going well at the moment. There's been an addition to the family - a baby girl called Briony and we have a shell of a house. :smiley:
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Karise wrote: »
    Here we are again <sigh> Yep back at house 1 again after yet more problems with the Sims which resulted in me having to wipe clean both Origin AND the Sims and whilst I could have reinstalled the save files I didn't want to take the chance that they were part of the problem.

So now I have a new founder.... Amy Hawk. She's just moved in and has done a couple of days of collecting so has managed to purchase a few basic amenities. Most of the passers-by are elders, adults and teens and I'd prefer a young adult - though Paolo Rocco has jogged past a couple of times so we may have to get to know him! :smiley:

So far so good with a nice clean game. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
    Dang!! Glad 2 c u still Drifting w/us tho! :)
    I hope everything is fixed & you're game is on the straight & narrow!!
    Good luck, Drifter!! Paolo Rocca is a popular choice ;)

rXyqmuX.jpg
    RubeySim wrote: »
    Update from my Drifter save: Finally have the shell of the house complete with just the basic amenities furinishing the rooms. The heir has successfully made it to childhood without being taken away. I'll have photos to upload later, she has also been joined by a little brother as well. He was going to be a spare but then I saw the failure thing if something happens to the heir. Oh well he's super adorable.
    GRATZ on getting a shell of a home! It's such a good feeling of accomplishment when things start falling into place! :smiley:

@Karise Teach me 2 post before reading everything! Diego Lobo eh...I like his fashion sense! GRATZ on The Heir..u really r moving right along!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    New YouTube content has been added
    -DonZart ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fdiR__HTfwmhDsSLjEdRQ
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited April 2017
    @Vihisha This is such a great challenge I couldn't NOT do it. No matter how many times through. :smiley:
    Karise wrote: »
    @Vihisha This is such a great challenge I couldn't NOT do it. No matter how many times through. :smiley:

This just makes my heart so happy!! <3<3<3
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Briony is now a child and has a baby brother called Brendan. The house value is up to 23k and my game is behaving so it's going quite well.
  • ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    1.9 - Ivy, Supreme Villain (and Even Better Mum)
    214.jpg?w=700

House 001 is complete! I'm going to do a house tour before moving onto the second one, but we didn't fail! <3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
    @Thymeless Congrats on completing house 1. Good luck for house 2.
    Thymeless wrote: »
    1.9 - Ivy, Supreme Villain (and Even Better Mum)
    214.jpg?w=700

House 001 is complete! I'm going to do a house tour before moving onto the second one, but we didn't fail! <3

Congrats on finishing the first house!!
    @Karise @RubeySim Thank you so much! :smiley: I really expected to fail my first attempt, so I'm really happy <3 Also sad, though, because I'll miss Ivy and Kengo =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    I agree with @Karise this is such a great challenge that @Vihisha came up with and I would do it over again after I'm finished. I actually have a twist for my second time around.

@Karise Congrats on your heir aging up and on the nooboo :) I'm so happy to hear that your game is cooperating with you now.

@Thymeless Congrats on finishing house #1 and I wish you the best of luck with house #2

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Karise, good luck with your clean start! Sounds like you are flying through this challenge.

@Rubeysim congrats on completing the shell of the house! Congrats on the heir!

@Thymeless congrats on completing house 1!!
    House 001 is complete! I'm going to do a house tour before moving onto the second one, but we didn't fail! <3[/center]
    Yeay! GRATZ on completion of The Drifter Challenge House 001!!! =)
    I really expected to fail my first attempt, so I'm really happy <3 Also sad, though, because I'll miss Ivy and Kengo =p
    The struggle is real...but when u complete all the goals...what a sense of accomplishment eh?! =)
    It's always sad 2 leave our little pixel families behind...but what great adventures r waiting 2 b had!!
    I agree with @Karise this is such a great challenge that @Vihisha came up with and I would do it over again after I'm finished. I actually have a twist for my second time around.
    OOohhh how I'm curious what your twist is!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Karise, I'm so glad this round is going good. Lol, I've thought of using Diego just to see how the kids turn out!

@Thymeless Congrats on finishing house 001!!

@Piazzagirl1015 @illusie @Vihisha @misfit091376 Thank you! :smiley: It's been so much fun (and even more so because you've all been so welcoming and lovely <3)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    So I restarted after I cheated and failed myself, this time around is going much more smoothly. Once I ventured off from the rules I lost interest so I'm back on track.

Question though, my Sim is in the science career and I changed the generic laboratory with one from the gallery but they have harvestables from Sixam as well as others. Would it be cheating to harvest them and/or plant them at home?
    Final part of House 001 - the tour!
    It's got a download link for the house on the gallery in case anyone wants it, but it's mostly a chance for me to ramble on about shiny things :)

015.jpg?w=700
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    edited April 2017
    @Thymeless You're quite welcome The Drifter happen to be a very friendly group and we are very happy that you are now a part of it :)

edit-I just seen the house and it looks great. Excellent job!

@RubeySim I'm so sorry you had some trouble starting up but no worries as you can start over again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top