Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited April 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 67 - Footprints In The Sand
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=mesquite repose&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 109490
    TOTAL COST: 111490
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/VmGsG
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is a modern house with landscaping to make try to make it feel like the house is out in the middle of the desert. The backyard is enclosed for the toddler & family area. I made the adult area out behind the rock landscaping to feel really secluded (if you ignore the big road beside it ;) ).

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sfyph1.png
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    @e1990r
    e1990r wrote: »
    Okay... I made my pool MUCH smaller so I can have the well. Now I need to go through and play test everything I changed/ moved..... again.
    I like to have my builds playable because I do use them for myself. Also, I find it annoying when I download a house and it is not playable.

Son of a gun! I had no idea the blinds were interactive, this is very good news, indeed! I must get my Family to try the blinds. (Though they are not always obedient to my commands!)

@FoundMarbles what is this about interactive blinds?! I didn't know blinds were interactive.
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    FORUM ID:glen1974
    ORIGIN ID:glen1974
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: 'La Mirage' https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1EF83B8C2AC111E78B44D7A18CD2F0D0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=glen1974&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:2000
    BUILD COST:120106
    TOTAL COST: 122106
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/KRl2v
    ENTRY DETAILS: modern family holiday home with open plan kitchen leading to split level dining area. Teen boys bedroom on the ground floor along with downstairs toilet and storage cupboard in the hall way. Upstairs is toddlers room, family bathroom and family games/reading room. Master bedroom includes built in closet space, ensuite bathroom and balcony with views over the pool. Back yard contains swimming pool and slip n slide to keep the teens entertained. A custom made sandpit likewise is for the toddlers. For mum and dad there is a hot tub and bar.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    uZHYmmk.png
    WA5RdgH.png
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    What a fabulous array of builds, each and every one so wonderful and unique, an amazing display of creativity :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    I'm going to echo what someone else said earlier here... It's incredible beyond belief that all of these builds came from the same exact footprint. We're a talented bunch! Too bad we don't run a firm in real life!
  • e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    @FoundMarbles I do not think the blinds are interactive. I just use "bb.moveobjects on" and place a set of the same blinds in between so that they look more realistic, especially for larger windows like the ones from the vintage stuff pack.
    Also, thank you everyone for the compliments on my build.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited April 2017
    If it's not too late:

FORUM ID:withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID:withlovejulien

LEVEL: Established
    LOT: 3 bed 125K mission
    LOT COST:2000
    BUILD COST:122956
    TOTAL COST: 124956
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/W9HIM

ENTRY DETAILS: A mission style vacation home with indoor and outdoor entertainment and low-care landscaping natural to the environment. Includes multiple balconies and other outdoor spaces to make the most of the climate with horseshoe pit, natural spring pool, a natural secluded spot under a copse. Parents use the oasis under the copse or their private balcony as a great getaway from in the evenings. The patio is specially set up as a secure play area for the toddlers so mom can keep an eye on them while working in the kitchen.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

T1aibIS.png

Xjuj8wn.png
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    @e1990r
    Okay... I made my pool MUCH smaller so I can have the well. Now I need to go through and play test everything I changed/ moved..... again.
    I like to have my builds playable because I do use them for myself. Also, I find it annoying when I download a house and it is not playable.

Son of a gun! I had no idea the blinds were interactive, this is very good news, indeed! I must get my Family to try the blinds. (Though they are not always obedient to my commands!)

@FoundMarbles what is this about interactive blinds?! I didn't know blinds were interactive.

I MUSTA BIN SLEEP WALKING - Sorry (Sleep computing?)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited April 2017
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: 426 Sandy Shoe Lane
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 115815
    TOTAL COST: 117815
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/QakyN
    ENTRY DETAILS: With this being such a large lot, I felt it was necessary to split it into 3 zones. The front yard has a mixture of grass, gravel and drought resistant landscaping. The back yard has more grass and no prickly plants and thus designated as the kids area. The back-back yard is natural landscaping blending into the surrounding environment.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    QVtcATI.png
    h07IQl1.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on

@withlovejulien Gorgeous house, it was worth waiting for! It's not to late until midnight, I think.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    @FoundMarbles I do not think the blinds are interactive. I just use "bb.moveobjects on" and place a set of the same blinds in between so that they look more realistic, especially for larger windows like the ones from the vintage stuff pack.

I try to be careful about bb.moves because sometimes the families will still use an item or they yell about not being able to use. I try to be sure all interactive items can be used. Being new at the game, I am now going over my first builds to test and make some obvious corrections. Unplayable houses are probably from beginners like me BUT I learn fast! (From people like you!)
    Thanks, @FoundMarbles

I could definitely relate to needing multiple sets of pictures after discovering something you want to change!

And since I take pictures after I move my Sims in to play test, I feel like I do in real life: I need to straighten up the house before having company over and there's always something I forgot! (In this case, the potty needed cleaning and there's always dishes I miss somewhere!)
    Thanks, @FoundMarbles

I could definitely relate to needing multiple sets of pictures after discovering something you want to change!

And since I take pictures after I move my Sims in to play test, I feel like I do in real life: I need to straighten up the house before having company over and there's always something I forgot! (In this case, the potty needed cleaning and there's always dishes I miss somewhere!)

LOL, Yup, sometimes my family moves things and I have a really hard time finding them. Once, someone dropped a dead fish in the dining room and I did not see it until I loaded the pictures for viewing. I had to wait for it to be removed because I could not pick it up in live or in build.
    @FoundMarbles I am still new at building. I just remember playing others' lots (before I knew about moo) and was really frustrated because I wasn't able to use most things. While it did look pretty, it was not functional. I just learn from them and test everything... generally after I take the pictures.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @withlovejulien and @gmcrozier - you both just snuck in under the wire!!

Can I just echo the sentiments already expressed within the thread, totally awestruck by the creativity, ingenuity and imagination showcased throughout this challenge! You all started with the same basic footprint, it's amazing!!

Oh and by the way Challenge #67 - Footprints in the Sand is now officially closed
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    #BnS68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown

So the equinox has passed (vernal or autumnal depending on where you live), the atmospheric light is changing slowly and it’s time for another designer showdown!

Brief: Renovate THIS SHELL into a house with at least 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. Feature in some way one of the pastel colors found on the example wall at the front of the lot (this wall can, of course, be eliminated in your final design). The color does not necessarily have to be on a wall or the same wall texture. The color should be pastel and as close to the examples as the game permits (especially for furniture and objects). This does not have to be the only color you use—it just needs to be featured in some way.

WHAT CAN AND CANNOT BE CHANGED:

Walls:
    Exterior walls cannot be eliminated or added on to with other exterior walls.
    The wall height may be changed.
    Foundations may be added to the walls.
    The footprint of the house may be moved to any place on the 40 x 20 lot that the game will allow. (The house must be built on the Sandy Run lot in Newcrest.) It may be rotated 180°, if you wish. (Rotating 90° won’t fit on the lot.)

Windows and Doors:
    Every wall panel that currently has a window or door must continue to have a window or door, but a two-panel window (or door) may be substituted for two one-panel windows (or doors) that are on adjacent panels or vice versa. Same goes for three windows adjacent to each other.
    Windows or doors may not be added to wall panels that do not currently have them.
    Any style window or door may be used
    Doors may be substituted for windows and vice versa as long as they occupy the same space.
    Window height can be adjusted up or down as the game allows.

Roofing:

Any style or configuration of roofing or no roofing at all is allowed.

Porches and Exterior Balconies:
    Porches and exterior balconies are allowed as long as new exterior walls are not used to create them. You may attach an extra foundation to the house for this purpose. Fencing, columns and half-walls may be used.

Architecture:
    Any style you want
    Other structures (garages, pool houses, etc.) may be placed on the lot (using exterior walls) as long as they are not attached to the main house.
    Extra stories above may not be added, but one basement level may be added.

Interior Design:
    The interior space can be divided with walls, fencing and half walls, however you want.
    Staircase(s) must be added. (Staircases may also be added to the exterior of the house as long as new exterior walls are not created.)
    Interior flooring may be eliminated as desired: for sunken rooms on the ground floor (with foundation) and/or on the upper floor to create areas open to the ground floor.
    Keep in mind the featured pastel color in your interior design. Otherwise, you have free reign.

EeiUxn5.png

Landscaping:
    The lot must be fully landscaped.

BUDGET: §202,500 (§2,500 for the lot; §200,000 for everything else)

Sim challenge:
    None this time around.

Room challenge:
    None this time around.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    There's always so many great entries in and the end! I can't imagine pouring through all the pictures. I'll echo the sentiments of so many, that the job of judging will be tough. I really like this next challenge-starting now- LOL!
    @BuildnShare Whew!

The next challenge looks like fun!
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    For the pastel wall, in front of the house. Can we delete that or do we have to keep it?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @SyddyB206 It says in the description that you can delete it.
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    For the pastel wall, in front of the house. Can we delete that or do we have to keep it?

I moved it to the side but am keeping it for the color reference until I finish the challenge.
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2017
    @BuildnShare - LOVING the new challenge! You really went into a ton of detail, which is really appreciated. Can't wait to get started!

And...we can use half walls attached to the exterior of the house? Like, to be used for a porch, etc?
    Post edited by misscbong on
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @BuildnShare wow, looks like a fun spring challenge! I've got a few real-life design challenges en queue, going to have to sit this one out but look forward to seeing others' builds. Good luck and happy building, everyone! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top