Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Style B" has won the art style vote!

Comments

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I am happy we are getting to vote at all. This process is so much fun and just makes me love this game more. I can't wait to be a part of the next step. I do love cottages so I am glad B won.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited April 2017
    I voted for style B so I'm pretty glad to see that it won. Can't say I'm too pleased with some simmers reactions to it on here, though. So your style choice didn't win, boohoo.
    That doesn't mean that the style chosen will be tacky, or that we will have farmers (seriously?) or that you need to rant on about it in numerous posts on this thread. Good grief.
    We can't have both because that defeats the purpose of this voting process in the first place.
    The fact that a gaming company is legitimately allowing us to help build a game that we have loved for years is INSANE (in a great way), and an opportunity that some of us should be more excited about, regardless of whether or not every detail chosen was what you voted for.
    I for one, am still stoked to see where this all goes.
  • CupcakeViolenceCupcakeViolence Posts: 124 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    I voted for style B so I'm pretty glad to see that it won. Can't say I'm too pleased with some simmers reactions to it on here, though. So your style choice didn't win, boohoo.
    That doesn't mean that the style chosen will be tacky, or that we will have farmers (seriously?) or that you need to rant on about it in numerous posts on this thread. Good grief.
    We can't have both because that defeats the purpose of this voting process in the first place.
    The fact that a gaming company is legitimately allowing us to help build a game that we have loved for years is INSANE (in a great way), and an opportunity that some of us should be more excited about, regardless of whether or not every detail chosen was what you voted for.
    I for one, am still stoked to see where this all goes.

I completely agree with you! I basically hate the forums because people are always unhappy ad it bums me out

I'm just psyched they're letting us give input!
    Come check out my selection! Finding her Prince Charming

Or my blog
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2017
    These barrel chairs from TS3

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD8.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    The objects I would like to see return:
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    Thumbnail_200x200.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • Mikecp21Mikecp21 Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope we get a new town!! Worlds are soooo small!
    The jar lamps from TS3:
    Thumbnail_300x300.png#
    Thumbnail_300x300.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • ElimarnaElimarna Posts: 1,484 Member
    Mikecp21 wrote: »
    I hope we get a new town!! Worlds are soooo small!

They won't include a new town in a Stuff Pack.

I'm thrilled that B won. I looked at both carefully and spent far more time than I should have picking but in the end I felt like I already have style A in my game, like, thirteen times over, especially on the clothing end of things. I love the country chic look, though, and can't wait to see what all we get to vote for next!
  • A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    I'm not big on the country style, especially since we don't have any rural worlds, so I'll see where this goes and continue to contribute.
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing (that's what the art style looks like, I can't see any washers, just a sink)!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/

I've been thinking the same thing!
    As long as I get solar panels, washers/dryers, and a laundromat I'm good.
  • reinadelmarreinadelmar Posts: 21 Member
    I agree with people about wanting the old washer style - reminds me of my grandma's old ringer and tub. Looking at this picture (sooo annoyed I missed the vote and seeing what option A looked like but I like the more bohemian style for this kind of pack, personally) is it that sims would hand-wash using the tub under sink? I think if so, that an old crank ringer would be awesome to go along with that means. I adore the dried herbs hanging on the wall. Ok and another thought..would they do something like craft their own candles out of beeswax, have bees?? Sorry I love bees.. :D
  • reinadelmarreinadelmar Posts: 21 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing (that's what the art style looks like, I can't see any washers, just a sink)!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/

GAAAAAAAASP I didn't even consider that we might get hand washing. Omg, that would be EPIC. They already hinted we might get ironing too <3 But yeah, neither of the concept images showed a washer and dryer.

That's because washers and dryers would be voted for in the new gameplay item part of the vote this summer. It's well explained on the first blog how the process will work.

• Theme Vote (April 3rd - April 6th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
    • Art Style Vote (April 10th – April 12th): Select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
    • Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
    • Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.
    • Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
    • Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

I would have been happy with either but I'm glad B won. Can't wait to vote for the objects.

Thanks for reposting this reminder of how it's broken down, it's good to review since you can't see that at the top of the threads pertaining to this pack :smiley:
  • GFAMILY4SIMSGFAMILY4SIMS Posts: 5 New Member

Yes, yes, yes! I am so glad style B won. A SEWING MACHINE and POTTERY WHEEL would fit right in, and I hope to see them included. They could be great additional activities that would add to the workbench activity we already have. Please consider this. Thanks. ;)
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    If we managed to get an expansion pack around the same time that added a more rustic feel (think Appaloosia Plains from TS3), I'd be ecstatic. I voted for this style because I don't want all of my homes to feel...modern and sharp and clean, but that won't mean much if the world itself is kinda meh, you know?

I ALSO WANT SOME CLUTTER! GIVE ME HOMEY CLUTTER!!!! I NEEEEEED IT.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I agree with people about wanting the old washer style - reminds me of my grandma's old ringer and tub. Looking at this picture (sooo annoyed I missed the vote and seeing what option A looked like but I like the more bohemian style for this kind of pack, personally) is it that sims would hand-wash using the tub under sink? I think if so, that an old crank ringer would be awesome to go along with that means. I adore the dried herbs hanging on the wall. Ok and another thought..would they do something like craft their own candles out of beeswax, have bees?? Sorry I love bees.. :D

I like bees too, but I think, since it's a Stuff Pack, that laundry will crowd other major objects and animations out.
    We could hope for bees with Seasons or Pets, however.
    And a ringer washer would be awesome. But only if it's realistic and takes all day. I had one in college, and I spent most of my Saturday mornings down in the basement doing the wash.
    A ringer washer might add too many animations to do properly. Though I can just imagine the silly and fun things the Gurus would have Sims do with one.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well, I didn't really want Eco stuff at first as I imagined it would be modern stuff with solar panels and wind turbines, same as we had in the past. But when I saw art style B I was very pleased because I imagined living off the land, hanging laundry out in the wind etc. I voted for B, I think it is a gorgeous style.

I hope that we get more than one 'extra animation' item in this pack, but I know it is going to be limited so am not sure what I would prefer them to be. There are so many things I would like!

I can't wait to start voting on the items.

Edited to add: if you make us any deco shelving, can we please have plenty of slots on them and lots of items that will actually fit on them? It is so frustrating to have so few decor items that can be placed on shelves.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    The objects are pretty well done ! ;)
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I missed the vote. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    At this point I hope they just patch in Laundry because this stuff pack really don't appeal to me unless they have stylish hair and clothes.
  • epohjul17epohjul17 Posts: 11 New Member
    I have an idea that I've wanted on sims for a while. I was wondering if you guys could fashion some jackets like leather or fabric or a flannel ones that you can mix and match with different shirts. Cause sometimes I see a shirt and think that it would look great with this jacket that I see while scrolling down. Do you understand? Anybody else agree?
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Missed the vote
  • crazygrl32084crazygrl32084 Posts: 114 Member
    Love that style B won.. Now I just need fairies..
    we're all mad here...
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Sadly I missed the vote :( How do you find the web page to vote for the pack stuff each time? I found the community-stuff-pack-kickoff page (was able to vote there) and the community-pack-style page (was unable to vote there...survey did not come up). Help would be appreciated...would love to vote in today's one. Thanks! :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Enya0606Enya0606 Posts: 1 New Member
    I´d like to have in the new pack solar equipement or solar panels! Something that has to do with renewable energies at least. Or that the sims can ride a bike... because I think in eco living it´s about how to live in a more eco-friendlier way!
    I´ve already voted wich clothes etc. I want but I am still a bit dissapointed that style A did not win.
    I´m looking forward and hope that the pack will be great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top