Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, Please, Please . . .

Give us more stair options. Like spiral, "L" shaped, the ability to customize and build your own stairs with multiple landings, etc.

Comments

• LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I do miss spiral staircases
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    And please fix the vampire causing deaths by emotion influence then blubbing for hours like a child. Unrealistic!!!!
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Yes, please! I am working on designing a build right now that could really use a spiral staircase. I am trying to figure out how to make it work without one. The stairs just take up so much space.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    Yes please! This would be amazing.
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Give us more stair options. Like spiral, "L" shaped, the ability to customize and build your own stairs with multiple landings, etc.

Yes...a stuff pack for builders please! I would like to be able to manipulate the stairs to make them curve for my mansions...not just spiral. Maybe a sim mansion stuff pack with all of the above
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    that would be so nice to have spiral stairs and the L shaped ones..
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

Yes...a stuff pack for builders please! I would like to be able to manipulate the stairs to make them curve for my mansions...not just spiral. Maybe a sim mansion stuff pack with all of the above

They would never make a SP for builders. Those are features that would need to be patched in, but i do think and agree that they should add spiral staircases.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited February 2017
    There was a post on the game ideas forum about them. I'd love to see the ladders come back too. Regular staircases have too big of a footprint if you build smaller houses.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Yes, PLEASE. Having a larger variety of stair cases is a must. Also, beyond the actual spiral staircase, I would love to see a wider curving one, too.Two of my friends in high school lived in tracts across the street from each other, by the same builder. Both, coincidentally, had the same floor plan. (There were other significant similarities to these families, which I will not go into on this thread.) Suffice it to say, that the staircase in both homes was a wide, spiral-like set of stairs, as opposed to that tight spiral. It started on the right landing upstairs curving slowly outward and then ended on the raised platform of the foyer. The one family would place their tall Christmas tree near the foyer step on the livingroom floor. We had to reach the top to decorate from the stairs themselves. I would very much love to recreate this house, but can't do to the limited stairs.

The U-turn stairs and the L stairs could be created were we to get interior platforms, as in Sims2 that the stairs could attach to. It would even be an improvement (a Sims4 innovation) were you able to connect the steps on an angle. I've been in houses where the 'maid's entrance' had the stairs at a angle from the main staircase into the kitchen. My Legacy Challenge house was an attempt to recreate this house, but without the possibility of the L-shape or U-turn staircase, it can't properly be recreated. I'm totally grieved that the old mansion has since been torn down, by short-sighted city planners in Los Angeles, who didn't know what a treasure trove of history it was.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I would love to be able to make a staircase like the one in Scarlet O'Hara's house in Gone With The Wind.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Don't forget elevators that Sims can actually use and not 'teleport' into :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Don't forget elevators that Sims can actually use and not 'teleport' into :wink:

Yes I miss elevators from nightlife...it was cool when it wasn't glitching and my sims weren't getting stuck
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I would love some different stairs. I always use the spiral staircases in TS2 and I used them in TS3 as well. I'd also like to see the ladder make a return. I loved that addition to TS3. Staircases that work with diagonal builds would be great too. The regular stairs work alright, but they're harder to place in a way that seems natural.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Also the ladder stairs would be nice to have back. So many uses for these ,like tree houses and attic bedrooms , lofts...ect
    Laugh out loud. Often
    Yes and the curvy stairs you see in mansions that start wide at the bottom and get narrower closer to the top. I was thinking maybe a way for us to really customize the stairs to fit our needs
    Also...I'm a new member and I really want to post links and pics...If you come across any of my post and you really dig my comment...can you help a Sim sis out and like, quote, awesome it lol. Thank you...love you fellow simmers :-) .
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    Also the ladder stairs would be nice to have back. So many uses for these ,like tree houses and attic bedrooms , lofts...ect

My thought exactly. Ladders were so useful. Like basements and nectar cellars. In TS3 I have built several 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagons with hang out areas on the roofs or a small bedroom on top like an RV. Ladders were so versatile and only took a 1x1 space.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    They moved my thread. I hope those interested in this will find it.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They moved my thread. I hope those interested in this will find it.

Well the thread is full of good ideas and now that toddlers are out of the way they can work on other things :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • groucho_starxgroucho_starx Posts: 2 New Member
    We already had to wait for spiral stairs in TS3 for about two years after the initial release of TS3. Not much longer and it will have been 3 years since the release of TS4 and still no spiral stairs. It is things like this that make it painfully obvious to me that EA's only concern is milking as much money out of us consumers as possible. Releasing toddlers and vampires in a free patch doesn't make the stink of EA's greed any more palatable. >:(
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You would think by the fourth version of a game, that they would have figured out that we want to build our own stairs and how to do it so that it is a base game feature. It can not be that hard to create a multi-tiered platform for a base from which we can place stair sections. And circular stairs should be a base game object by now, period.
  • IrishAussieIrishAussie Posts: 63 Member
    Yes please! I always have trouble with stairs and it would be useful to have more custom options for stairs! Totally agree :blush:
    ~My level of sarcasm has gotten to point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not.~
  • MiniMajestyMiniMajesty Posts: 12 New Member
    This isn't a type of stair, but I would like for corner pieces to stairs? I feel like it looks really awkward when you have stairs on two sides of foundation and there's nothing in the corner...
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Yes!! I would love to have more stair options. I really miss the ability to have either L-Shaped or U-Shaped stairs in my sims homes. Plus, Spiral Stairs would work the best in smaller homes and are a real space saver!
  • SydcupcakesSydcupcakes Posts: 79 Member
    Would be really nice to have more stair options. I would like to see more options for rooms under the stairs for smaller houses. I put a bathroom behind one but every time a sim used it they would get embarrassed that another sim saw them through a solid set of stairs