Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's start discussing the Family Gamepack

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2017
    Kind of have to disagree with the Family GP being released during the first or second week of May. Why? because they generally start releasing little bits and pieces here and there for a Pack that's coming next. And so far all we got is a second quarterly teaser on Family. I think that they'll release Family the third or fourth week of May. We are already in the last half of April. So we should start seeing a lot more about Family over the next four weeks.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Kind of have to disagree with the Family GP being released during the first or second week of May. Why? because they generally start releasing little bits and pieces here and there for a Pack that's coming next. And so far all we got is a second quarterly teaser on Family. I think that they'll release Family the third or fourth week of May. We are already in the last half of April. So we should start seeing a lot more about Family over the next four weeks.

This.
  • AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
    I would really like to see strollers and bunk beds in the coming family GP. Also more "family" interactions between all age groups.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want to see games they can play in the pool it would make swimming more fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Isn't the lead time for a GP usually a week before release?
  • IrishAussieIrishAussie Posts: 63 Member
    How did I not know of this? :smiley: Hoping for some toddler content to be added!
    ~My level of sarcasm has gotten to point where I don't know if I'm kidding or not.~
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

2 weeks.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    How did I not know of this? :smiley: Hoping for some toddler content to be added!

There's a lot of speculation that that's why one of the gurus asked what kind of toddler exclusive content we wanted to see added to the future. So that they could add some in this pack and then add more later down the line.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    What I really hope for is more things for kids and teens to do that are exclusive to them only. Activities that are not bound to objects would be best. I sorely miss Mary Mack from the Sims 2 as well as the ability to play tag and cops and robbers. Swings for toddlers and children as well as playground equipment in general would be awesome. So would be new things for teens of any kind. I'd be thrilled if they introduce temporary teen traits that make the gameplay with them more unique the same way it's been achieved with toddlers. The ability to have picnics in the parks is also something I would like. There are a hundred and one things I can think of that would be amazing to have in the game and I'm getting really hyped up, I hope this GP doesn't disappoint.
    What I really hope for is more things for kids and teens to do that are exclusive to them only. Activities that are not bound to objects would be best. I sorely miss Mary Mack from the Sims 2 as well as the ability to play tag and cops and robbers. Swings for toddlers and children as well as playground equipment in general would be awesome. So would be new things for teens of any kind. I'd be thrilled if they introduce temporary teen traits that make the gameplay with them more unique the same way it's been achieved with toddlers. The ability to have picnics in the parks is also something I would like. There are a hundred and one things I can think of that would be amazing to have in the game and I'm getting really hyped up, I hope this GP doesn't disappoint.

I want cops and robbers to and tag
    That, and I would like for the lounging in the pool to return, like what the sims in 3 use to do.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much since that's what a Live Stream does. It leads up to the release of a Pack for the game.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    I guess the one thing we can agree on is that this GP won't feature a new world lol.

I guess the one thing we can agree on is that this GP won't feature a new world lol.

I would rather they spend time on other things
  • simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    edited April 2017

I would rather they spend time on other things

Same here. A family themed pack doesn't really need a new world anyway.

Post edited by simmer_whovian on
    edited April 2017

It could have a world if it were a business venue called Family Fun World, where all the children can come and run wild like animals. :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wish they would consider more sliders for kids in CAS. I don't care how many people say oh, look at my Sim kid they look so different from the default ones. No, I'm sorry they don't. One kid looks just like another. They need more facial sliders and body sliders but really more facial sliders!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Well look at the bigger food plate in the center of the table where he is sitting down eating pancakes and the lady is on the couch reading something, there is a plate on the table that has pancakes and syrup on it, they do that type of stuff in hotels its called room service.

That's in the section about the Fitness SP though -- it's the "before" shot of sitting around being bored. And we do already have pancakes in the game (how do you think Bob got his name?); no syrup bottle but that part might have been staged.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

We could get the official announcement/trailer around May 9th or 10th -- the PlantSim challenge ends on May 4th and they might want to wait till that's over before announcing new content. If we get 2 weeks between official announcement and release, that would put release around the 23rd or 24th, which would also make sense because it's right before the Memorial Day weekend in the US and that would give US players time to play with it. The devs also might want to make sure it's out before the holiday so they don't have it hanging over their heads while out of the office for the 3-day weekend.

They could possibly put in a mini-world like with Forgotten Hollow -- maybe one with a large park in the center to feature any new outdoor items, surrounded by 4 family-friendly type lots. Or maybe they just create a couple of large parks and add them to players' Libraries that people can place in their worlds to replace the existing base game parks.
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    What I need for it:
    • Bunk beds
    • Bunk beds
    • Bunk beds
    • Bunk beds
    moss

• Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited April 2017
    I don't really see them adding a new world. It would be nice just to have an extra one but I doubt it.

ETA: Also, is anyone else hoping there will be more activities for the individual life stages like children or teens as well as family activities? Like it would be nice if our children/teens can do things like ballet
    Post edited by Simfan923 on
    1FKDfKj.png

We could get the official announcement/trailer around May 9th or 10th -- the PlantSim challenge ends on May 4th and they might want to wait till that's over before announcing new content. If we get 2 weeks between official announcement and release, that would put release around the 23rd or 24th, which would also make sense because it's right before the Memorial Day weekend in the US and that would give US players time to play with it. The devs also might want to make sure it's out before the holiday so they don't have it hanging over their heads while out of the office for the 3-day weekend.
    That's about the time that I was thinking that we'll see the Official announcement for Family too. :)
    I hope there's play pens for the toddlers and mood swings for teens and more pranks for sims
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

You think we may get more pool stuff for this pack? I hope so but they'll probably save that for a pool stuffpack.