Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love the new TV and radio stations this time around!

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Sorry if this topic has been done before. It's just that I had to express how much I positively love the radio and TV stations this time around. Not only is there are a broader range of music styles, I like the fact that there are more TV clips than they were in TS3. (It used to drive me crazy that there would only be 1-2 clips per station.)

I also notice how much more effort and creativity are being put into the fake TV shows, like the parodies, lol. Nice touch recreating Seinfeld here. You nailed the apartment perfectly :p :

seinfeld.png
EiFlric.png

Comments

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I do too. Have you seen the movies yet (from the Movie Hangout SP)? The Simrider movie is hilarious.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    I do too. Have you seen the movies yet (from the Movie Hangout SP)? The Simrider movie is hilarious.

No, I haven't got that one yet (still saving up for OR and DO), but Simrider sounds hilarious! Can't wait to see it when I finally get the movies pack.
    EiFlric.png
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Yippee! Some positive feedback is refreshing to see.

Me too! I especially love the movies. I actually sit there and watch them watch the movies for the whole 90ish Sim minutes (I love the dog movie and always get a cackle out of it because it literally is EVERY dog movie ever in one) :lol: I also love it's TS3 graphics and see some store content used in the clips. It's so amazing and shows the effort they put into them.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Yippee! Some positive feedback is refreshing to see.

Me too! I especially love the movies. I actually sit there and watch them watch the movies for the whole 90ish Sim minutes (I love the dog movie and always get a cackle out of it because it literally is EVERY dog movie ever in one) :lol: I also love it's TS3 graphics and see some store content used in the clips. It's so amazing and shows the effort they put into them.

I was gonna hold off on getting the movies pack for the moment (I just got OR) but you guys keep cracking me up with these stories so this might be the next one I get.
    EiFlric.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I love the Downton Abbey parody :D (last time I played there were only two clips per station by the way but maybe they added clips?). Sims 3 has 24 radio stations. That's more than enough for me ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    Wow I didn't even notice they parodied Seinfeld! It's truly the little things that makes Sims 4 great :blush: If I remember correctly, the sports channel in 3 just showed a guy talking behind a desk and a girl freezing in snow, it never even showed any sports :lol:

I love the retro radio station they added, it's always so wonderful hearing old sims music from past games, especially TS1! That station always puts me in a good mood :blush:
    edited April 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I love the Downton Abbey parody :D (last time I played there were only two clips per station by the way but maybe they added clips?). Sims 3 has 24 radio stations. That's more than enough for me ;)

I finally noticed the Downton Abbey parody. (Romance station, right?) Very cute. I think they added more clips to the newer stations, like Civic Access (I think that's the name; I can never remember it).
    Superkam64 wrote: »
    Wow I didn't even notice they parodied Seinfeld! It's truly the little things that makes Sims 4 great :blush: If I remember correctly, the sports channel in 3 just showed a guy talking behind a desk and a girl freezing in snow, it never even showed any sports :lol:

I love the retro radio station they added, it's always so wonderful hearing old sims music from past games, especially TS1! That station always puts me in a good mood :blush:

Yes, the retro station is quite a treat, gives me the nostalgic fuzzy wuzzies, and some of the music is so hauntingly beautiful, especially these two piano solos.

Oh, BTW, here's a side by side comparison of the Seinfeld set and the TS4 parody:

seinfeld.png

cca06614712423.56287ef694ffe.jpg

There's also an I Love Lucy parody.
    EiFlric.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I give credit to Sims 3 for that. The game allowed you to be very creative clearly by the television shows and movies they created.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    @ts1depot Yes, the romantic station, which is rather hilarious, because it shows Matthew crashing in his car :D (a rather important episode for people who followed that series :'( ). They did a real funny job there.

5JZ57S6.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love the black and white shows from glamor stuff
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    vg0nso.png
    They did a good job with the Late Night Comedy TV show too. They have the intermission band and everything. Pretty creative.