Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

divorce

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I began my Sims odyssey in August 2005 with Sims2. I allowed one divorce, just for grins and giggles, because I caught the Dad flirting with the live-in Nanny I had created. I was oh, no you don't! I had him move out. The five children were so distraught, I deleted the family to start them all over again. Clean slate, you know?

In the course of my Simming, I can count on one hand the number of divorces I've elected to have in my game. (I'm rather old school, Traditional in my thinking and come from a long-line of married forever couples. The until death do us part crowd.) I'm closing in on 43 years, myself. So, I try to keep my Sim couples happy and in good communication with their chosen spouse. One couple in my legacy family I'd begun in Sims3 had some issues. He kept cheating on her. When she finally caught him in the act (well, not woohoo, precisely, but close to it out in their hot tub). She divorced him. Once in awhile she'd allow him to come visit their daughter.

My poor singer Sim had problems, however. He was a five-star Celebrity, Rock Star. (Boy, did he rock the house.) His problem was, despite the bevy of good traits he had (I tried to give each Sim a bad trait in Sims3 to balance them out) he couldn't hang onto a gal to save his precious pixalated little life. SP was simply against him. He found a gal, they fell in love, got engaged and he brings her to the family Gift Giving Day dinner. What does she do — right in front of him, and everyone else? Hit on his only sister's husband! (I showed her, I put her in permanent time out, straight into the game bin. Bet she won't do that again. :p ) Later on, he met Torrie Windsor, another Sim I made. She was interesting and interested in him. This one was a keeper, or so he thought. They got married and since he was anxious to start a family of his own and not just be the 'fun' uncle, she got preggars on their wedding night. Seems this wasn't Torrie's desire. She kept (autonomously) placing the newborn out on the front lawn of their house in the rain, at NIGHT. No, it wasn't a routing problem, nor did she possess the insane trait. Otherwise, concession might have been sought, by way of a solution. The first time she did this, I sat in my desk chair aghast. I immediately brought my singer Sim home after his concert. Generally, he'd hit the dance club to relax. He rescued his tiny son, and then the two fought verbally.

I continued on with this family. Sure enough, when it rained next, again Torrie brought the helpless infant outdoors to place him on the lawn, in the rain, again at night. It was hard listening to that baby wail as the rain pelted him. Horrible. Again, I brought my singer Sim to the rescue. Happily, his gig had just ended, so he didn't have to risk his career walking out of his gig. After he secured the baby in his crib, again they parents fought. Apparently, their previous fight was such that they must have been on the skids. The option to 'break up' was suddenly in the menu. :open_mouth: I paused in my chair for a moment, considering what I should do. I selected the 'break up' action and then immediately went into Edit Town to move her out. There was no way I was going to let that witch have custody of her son.

My singer Sim took all kinds of flack from friends and fans, alike, but I had him sue for slander. And guess what? He WON. Well, duh, look who had custody of the infant.

Like I said I rarely have my Sims divorce. Generally, it's just too hard on the children.

Man I wish we had that kind of drama and game mechanics in TS4. It's just too happy and sunny all the time. Even butterflies and rainbows get boring after a while.
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    edited April 2017
    I let a divorce happen ages ago, it's such a rare occasion. I'm so guilty of letting my games be perfect, although I crave good drama. If a divorce happens again, I'll let one of them move out and I'll let one of them visit their children on a daily basis!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited April 2017
    I began my Sims odyssey in August 2005 with Sims2. I allowed one divorce, just for grins and giggles, because I caught the Dad flirting with the live-in Nanny I had created. I was oh, no you don't! I had him move out. The five children were so distraught, I deleted the family to start them all over again. Clean slate, you know?

In the course of my Simming, I can count on one hand the number of divorces I've elected to have in my game. (I'm rather old school, Traditional in my thinking and come from a long-line of married forever couples. The until death do us part crowd.) I'm closing in on 43 years, myself. So, I try to keep my Sim couples happy and in good communication with their chosen spouse. One couple in my legacy family I'd begun in Sims3 had some issues. He kept cheating on her. When she finally caught him in the act (well, not woohoo, precisely, but close to it out in their hot tub). She divorced him. Once in awhile she'd allow him to come visit their daughter.

My poor singer Sim had problems, however. He was a five-star Celebrity, Rock Star. (Boy, did he rock the house.) His problem was, despite the bevy of good traits he had (I tried to give each Sim a bad trait in Sims3 to balance them out) he couldn't hang onto a gal to save his precious pixalated little life. SP was simply against him. He found a gal, they fell in love, got engaged and he brings her to the family Gift Giving Day dinner. What does she do — right in front of him, and everyone else? Hit on his only sister's husband! (I showed her, I put her in permanent time out, straight into the game bin. Bet she won't do that again. :p ) Later on, he met Torrie Windsor, another Sim I made. She was interesting and interested in him. This one was a keeper, or so he thought. They got married and since he was anxious to start a family of his own and not just be the 'fun' uncle, she got preggars on their wedding night. Seems this wasn't Torrie's desire. She kept (autonomously) placing the newborn out on the front lawn of their house in the rain, at NIGHT. No, it wasn't a routing problem, nor did she possess the insane trait. Otherwise, concession might have been sought, by way of a solution. The first time she did this, I sat in my desk chair aghast. I immediately brought my singer Sim home after his concert. Generally, he'd hit the dance club to relax. He rescued his tiny son, and then the two fought verbally.

I continued on with this family. Sure enough, when it rained next, again Torrie brought the helpless infant outdoors to place him on the lawn, in the rain, again at night. It was hard listening to that baby wail as the rain pelted him. Horrible. Again, I brought my singer Sim to the rescue. Happily, his gig had just ended, so he didn't have to risk his career walking out of his gig. After he secured the baby in his crib, again they parents fought. Apparently, their previous fight was such that they must have been on the skids. The option to 'break up' was suddenly in the menu. :open_mouth: I paused in my chair for a moment, considering what I should do. I selected the 'break up' action and then immediately went into Edit Town to move her out. There was no way I was going to let that witch have custody of her son.

My singer Sim took all kinds of flack from friends and fans, alike, but I had him sue for slander. And guess what? He WON. Well, duh, look who had custody of the infant.

Like I said I rarely have my Sims divorce. Generally, it's just too hard on the children.

Man I wish we had that kind of drama and game mechanics in TS4. It's just too happy and sunny all the time. Even butterflies and rainbows get boring after a while.

Wow, perhaps I'm blessed, or it's ye olde luck of the Irish (45% Irish according to my DNA), but when I made my first attempt at Pinstar's Sims4 Legacy Challenge, I was blessed with drama I never could have anticipated. I didn't have the prospective bride move in until right before the wedding. (I insist on dressing my Sims for the Event.) It was so early in the game, and I was still trying to get used to the UI, I didn't think to check her age. This was also before the patch that told us the age of the Sims. So, you can imagine my shock and then horror when immediately after the couple said their vows, she suddenly has GRAY hair, as in Elder. :open_mouth: So much for that Legacy, eh? I persisted and played the game against my moral values. I let my Founder have an affair. So, since he'd been dating a different Sim before his would-be wife caught his attention, I just kept them as friends. He poured his heart out to her about his situation and did what most very good friends would do. She offered to help him out. As in volunteered to be his baby mama. :open_mouth: It was wild and crazy and fun. Unfortunately, I blew this game once into the second generation. There just was no recovering. I mean, I was even going to go back and find the mother of his children, restart their family and go on from there. That's when I learned the walk-by's aren't the same, even in the same town. She had died in my game, and there simply was no going back.

Happily, I kept the story blogs about it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have had a few divorces...sometimes you need a little drama to spice the game up.

In my current save...

Lily and Victor Feng are divorced because Lily was angry when she got pregnant. She had twins..lol Victor moved to Oasis Spring is now seeing Nina Caliente and has the kids. Lily does come by and walks right in to tend to the toddlers...lol. So much for the hate children trait.

Mortimer and Bella are divorced. Morty is with Dina now and he has the kids too. Bella moved to city and is dating a chef.

I downloaded the Pleasants and a few other Sims2 sims. Daniel and Mary Sue are divorced. Daniel had a kid with Katrina Caliente and Mary Sue kicked him out.

LOL those Calientes.

Mary-Sue is stealing Don Lothario from his girlfriend who he had twins with. The girlfriend and Mary Sue had a big fight but Mary Sue is still with Don.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    The closest I had to a divorce was a couple with two children who planned to marry. The father was an alien and shortly before the wedding he was abducted, I interpreted that as him being seduced by a former lover. When his pregnancy was showing, the couple parted ways. Dad kept the older girl and the baby, mom took the middle child. The parents look out for all their kids, but I won't bring them together again.

It is not unusual in my game that two sims live together as a couple and have children without being married. So techn ically they cannot divorce. But those that do marry usually stay together until the end. Or when a marriage really doesn't work out anymore the partners go seperate ways but stay married officially.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I've made it happen a couple of times and I always feel really bad about it after. So I don't do it very often.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Tierra588Tierra588 Posts: 8 New Member
    I had one of my sim leave his wife and rat infested apartment, for another girl. He moved into a nicer apartment with his 3 kids by his first wife, married her, and had some kids with her. The wife has to pay child support, and she's a very bitter and nasty woman now.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    It doesn't happen often in my game, but I did have Victor and Lily Feng divorce recently in my rotational save. Victor cheated on her with the nanny (they had a kid via MCCC) and then he divorced her and moved across the apartment with the nanny. He caught fire while using the grill at their new place shortly after. I regret saving him tbh; I think karma was trying to do Lily justice. c': I guess I'll just have to kill him off another way to make up for it.
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    It doesn't happen often in my game, but I did have Victor and Lily Feng divorce recently in my rotational save. Victor cheated on her with the nanny (they had a kid via MCCC) and then he divorced her and moved across the apartment with the nanny. He caught fire while using the grill at their new place shortly after. I regret saving him tbh; I think karma was trying to do Lily justice. c': I guess I'll just have to kill him off another way to make up for it.

Lol that's so cruel.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Had recently broken up two marriages because Sims got randomly married out of the blue when I wasn't paying attention.

Saw Katrina Caliente strutting down the street as a plant sim. Oh, okay~ No problem there just happened to hover over her to make sure it was her and the name displayed was 'Katrina Landgraab?' What, what??? Did Geoffrey divorce his wife to marry Katrina? I remember she was pretty peeved at the Love festival with sims throwing flowers at him and flirting him up, but nope this was not the case when I went to their home.

Instead she was married to Malcolm. XD I had him divorce her right then and there and she was severely sad and oddly enough Geoffrey too who seemed more affected by it than Malcolm.

Then, I noticed Don Lothario wasn't in the Katrina household anymore instead married from verrrrry heavy set sim. Found that amusing, but called that off by having another sim of mine flirt up his husband until they broke up. XD That sad moodlet stays (less they are non-commital) for two days.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    The only divorces I had so far in my game were with premade families. I had Nancy Landgraab divorce Geoffrey. Both of them were seeing someone on the side anyways. And Bob Pancakes divorced Eliza when he found out she was having an affair with Gavin Richards, who didn't know Eliza was married and had a child.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    The only divorces I had so far in my game were with premade families. I had Nancy Landgraab divorce Geoffrey. Both of them were seeing someone on the side anyways. And Bob Pancakes divorced Eliza when he found out she was having an affair with Gavin Richards, who didn't know Eliza was married and had a child.

As if Bob is without stain! He hit on the wife of my newlywed couple! Made the new hubby quite angry — at his wife, and this was BEFORE the jealous trait was added to the game. In all fairness, she tried to brush Bob off. I saw the negative signs swirling over her head. But her hubby was quite convinced something untoward was going on and wondering just how long it had been behind his back! Took some doing, but she was finally able to talk him 'off the wall'. Yikes. I had just started that game, too. I confess, I've never liked Bob or his pancakes, ever since.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member
    I typically don't divorce my sims... I just kill them off to avoid moving them out and having them constantly calling their children asking to come over or for the kids to come over...
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer
    I typically don't divorce my sims... I just kill them off to avoid moving them out and having them constantly calling their children asking to come over or for the kids to come over...

At least they want to be part of their children's lives... I think it's sweet. Though, it would be a pain to see the message pop constantly.
  • iMickeyNikkiiMickeyNikki Posts: 43 Member

At least they want to be part of their children's lives... I think it's sweet. Though, it would be a pain to see the message pop constantly.

It is very nice to see! But I personally, get very annoyed with phone calls and people showing up to my sims house! I just want to play with my sims and not worry about other random sims! lol
    My Youtube Channel youtube.com/c/yohosimmer

It is very nice to see! But I personally, get very annoyed with phone calls and people showing up to my sims house! I just want to play with my sims and not worry about other random sims! lol

Lol! I don't blame you. Though, when you're a vampire it is very nice to see. It makes getting plasma a whole lot easier.
  • Brieanna19Brieanna19 Posts: 307 Member
    I typically keep my couples together but I've had two big divorces in my game. I had one couple, Eric and Harper Jones, met in grade school, started dating in high school, got married right after graduating, bought their first house and immediately started their family. Eric met Don at a local hangout, quickly started a bromance, picking up on his bad behavior, going out all the time and coming home early in the morning. Long story short, Harper caught Eric cheating, not once or twice but three times. Eric gets his kids every other week but Harper is still pretty upset about it :|

** I don't like that you have to actually move the person out after a divorce, it was much easier in previous games.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I've never had a couple divorce. I like happy marriages.

I had one sim couple in the sims 3 who divorced because her boyfriend was still in high school at the time and she was out and working as an actress and flirted with an older man. When her boyfriend aged up they got married and he found out about it and broke up with her.

Aww I like your siggy gif <3 sweet cullen

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    08-30-16_10-50-05nbspAM.png Jackson, having to explain he had an affair. They did divorce, but later reunited.
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I made Sergio Romeo marry a sim I made but everytime I played with another household and then went back to their house he had cheated her with Siobhan Fyres, no matter what I tried to stop it, so I eventually gave up and made them divorce them so he could marry Siobhan. And that ended up being the best decision because since mom got little Romeo custody, ocassionaly when I take one of my multiple families to a restaurant I see Sergio, Siobhan and Romeo dinning together and I think it's incredibly cute that the game hasn't forget that in spite of the fact that he moved out and married someone else, Sergio is still Romeo's dad.
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I only had one divorce in my game :p I tend to get so attached to my sims partners, so i just can't get myself to divorce them :joy: I want to do it soon tho, but i need to find a way to not like the partner. any ideas?
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I try to have about 50% of them divorce. I play with LOTS of families rotationally! It adds drama and spices up the game!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited April 2017
    My sims very rarely get a divorce, but very rarely because atm, I just don't find the responses realistic (and, by consequence, entertaining) enough to play this out frequently. I really wish kids would be kinda sad or angry when one of their parents leaves the home (and, preferably, sometimes one, other times the other, and then again sometimes both, cause it'd be more random). I also wish there were memories so that the spouse would occasionally remember the person that left. And I wish the spouse actually hated the person they divorce them for (if there is another person), which they currently almost never do. Like, I don't even really understand why, when spouse asks another about another sim and they respond "I'm SO in love with her", why they don't care? Idk, but if you ask your husband/wife about some other person and they tell you they're ohsomadly in love, wouldn't you get angry? Disappointed? Sad? Anything? So yeah, it's primarily because of those reasons that divorce / affairs / all that stuff isn't much fun, for me personally anyway, to play. If they'd fix that, I think it'd happen more often again like in TS2 :)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited April 2017
    I've done it before for plot reasons. However when I do have married sims that I want to keep married, there is always that o,w who does the enchanted greeting which irrtated the hwck out of me. Why is there no faithful trait or something of the sort?!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    My avi sim convinced Dominque Frye to divorce his wife to marry her and so he did. Now I'm playing his legacy. I kind of give in to my sims whims more than my own. It makes the game more interesting.