Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

Comments

• Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I am so done with you.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I am so done with you.

cool
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I've noticed this too. I'm not a racist, but this bothers me. It's great that The Sims has some diversity now, but too much is too much 'cause every other sims is dark skinned and has an Asian or Indian name.

classic smdh

Like i said i'm not a racist, in fact my group of friends is really diverse too (another classic btw) and i don't judge people (or sims) because of their looks.
    I was just saying that my game just generates too much of them, so no need to shake your head thank you :lol:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

The only thing that has made me a bit paranoid is a townie with my own name wandering about Newcrest. A very old English name but not too common!

I agree. An Alien, one of my sims met at a bar on Alien's Night had my name too.

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    I've noticed this too. I'm not a racist, but this bothers me. It's great that The Sims has some diversity now, but too much is too much 'cause every other sims is dark skinned and has an Asian or Indian name.

classic smdh

Like i said i'm not a racist, in fact my group of friends is really diverse too (another classic btw) and i don't judge people (or sims) because of their looks.
    I was just saying that my game just generates too much of them, so no need to shake your head thank you :lol:

Thank you! My saying. -

@celeste821 If you can't be constructive you better write nothing at all. All you did so far is juming to conclusions.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited April 2017
    OK so out of a mixture of interest and uber procrastination, I counted my not in world townies and found 41/78 had asian names which is actually less than I was expecting, I think what's actually annoying is that 34 out of 78 of these names were repeated names for different households, and that's even after I've previously changed them up a little bit. Looking at household management, for the most part, I like the diversity of my townies although the game seems to generate no black sims for some reason.

There is a larger issue with name mismatching and repetition. Also a lot of townies I've never seen before, so I'm wondering if the game only shows you a certain few at a time, which might make it seem as if all the townies only have the same 4 surnames, when they actually don't.

Is there a way to stop townie generation though? Because I'm fairly sure my game has gone waay over the automatic cull limit (I have no culling with MC command center)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2017
    i get a lot of japanese sims in my game. interestingly enough most of them actually look japanese
    almost makes me wonder how EA programmed this xD
    never really considered it a big deal but yeah I guess it's kind of annoying?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    This is quite possibly the most upsetting thread I have ever been a part of. Woke up to nine pages of this plum. I am so sad in response to some of the comments on this thread. If the thread has any positivity, it has gone over my head, as it is drowned out by so much negativity. It is so strange and rude how much people do not realise the things they are saying are racist. I am pretty sure in a place like San Myshuno Asians are not foreigners anyways...
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
    edited April 2017
    Blargian wrote: »
    This is quite possibly the most upsetting thread I have ever been a part of. Woke up to nine pages of this plum. I am so sad in response to some of the comments on this thread. If the thread has any positivity, it has gone over my head, as it is drowned out by so much negativity. It is so strange and rude how much people do not realise the things they are saying are racist. I am pretty sure in a place like San Myshuno Asians are not foreigners anyways...

I'm sorry you feel that way. But where I come from we have the right for free speech to express our dislikes without ending up in jail.
    The word "foreign" is a wide and popular/common saying and really not paired with discriminated feelings/meanings behind it.
    Even politician use it.
    Using the word foreign does not express hate nor a racist attitude in my eyes, it never had and never will.
    Even I am a foreigner to other countries.
    If you feel offended by the topic I suggest you do not participate. The Topic is "too many of one kind in my game" mainly.
    What some of the Simmers here made of this thread is out of my hand.

• celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

I'm sorry you feel that way. But where I come from we have the right for free speech to express our dislikes without ending up in jail.
    The word "foreign" is a wide and popular/common saying and really not paired with discriminated feelings/meanings behind it.
    Even politician use it.
    Using the word foreign does not express hate nor a racist attitude in my eyes, it never had and never will.
    If you feel offended by the topic I suggest you do not participate. The Topic is "too many of one kind in my game" mainly.

funny how you have free speech but others are not afforded the same when they disagree or exercise theirs
  • edwie22edwie22 Posts: 100 Member
    OK this is how I see it... I've lived everywhere during the past 10 years so I am acquainted with this and I knew the intention the developers had when adding diversity to a city, however:

Those who have CL will get spawned sims with mostly Japanese, Indian and Nepalese names (that is the case in my game, even a couple Sri Lankan).

Do I have a problem with that? not at all, but where are the Korean names? Thai, Chinese, Burmese, Vietnamese, Mongolian? it would have been nice to create the database with all those. I have gotten a couple of arabs too. While we're at it, the game should spawn people from all over, Albania, Venezuela, Turkey, Russia, Nigeria, Croatia, Jamaica... the diversity should be bigger than what it actually is.

I do think the pop in San Myshuno resembles Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Sydney to an extent.

For those who are uncomfortable with the names but like to use those townies, its as simple as changing their names in CAS. We cannot control the kind of sims that the game is spawning, not even with mods.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Well, it was obvious from the start that some folks with their forced "political correctness" come over and blame the op for being a racist, even though @LuvMySimz explicity stated in their op post that they're NOT racist, but people need to blame a person who just wanted to point out a problem in their game, which is that the diversity is too much for them, and what happened? Some people thought it was necessary to blame the op for something that they didn't even said, even said the opposite of it. I don't understand this at all. That's everything I will say about it, and now I go back to the actual topic.

I'm with you, op. I like diversity in the game and appreciate the idea, but it's just unrealistic that 90% of the game generated sims are of foreign origin. Like others already pointed out, it's also ridiculous that the names don't even fit the appearances of the sims at all and it seems too random for me. And it needs to be fixed that so many sims are spawned with these names. I don't know how it is in other areas and countries, but where I live were foreigners a minority all the time, not 90% of the population.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »
    Well, it was obvious from the start that some folks with their forced "political correctness" come over and blame the op for being a racist, even though @LuvMySimz explicity stated in their op post that they're NOT racist, but people need to blame a person who just wanted to point out a problem in their game, which is that the diversity is too much for them, and what happened? Some people thought it was necessary to blame the op for something that they didn't even said, even said the opposite of it. I don't understand this at all. That's everything I will say about it, and now I go back to the actual topic.

I'm with you, op. I like diversity in the game and appreciate the idea, but it's just unrealistic that 90% of the game generated sims are of foreign origin. Like others already pointed out, it's also ridiculous that the names don't even fit the appearances of the sims at all and it seems too random for me. And it needs to be fixed that so many sims are spawned with these names. I don't know how it is in other areas and countries, but where I live were foreigners a minority all the time, not 90% of the population.

I will also thank YOU very much for understanding my point. Thank you! girly-knicks.gif

And you can believe me when I say that I have NOTHING against people with different nationalities.
    I will NOT let anybody rule my way of thinking just by making bad comments and accusing me of being racist.
    I will ALWAYS stand up for my believes and NOBODY, no matter what, will EVER change that.
    I made it pretty clear what my problem is/was in my game. I got rid of the problem now by just deleting CL...LOL

You negative people out there just keep on going putting words in ppl's mouth that they've never said nor meant. That's just fine.
    What else is there to expect in the iNet from people hiding behind their screens just killing time trying to turn
    others down for their way of thinking because of low self-esteem. I'm so used to those kinds.
    There is NOTHING you could say to hurt my pride because I made my point clear as it can be.
    You want to jump to conclusion and make up your own stories, go ahead!
    And here are some “CLASSICS” for you. I have “foreign“friends” and you know what? My best friends are of Asian,
    Native American and Afro-American origin LOL.

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Huiiie_07 wrote: »

I will also thank YOU very much for understanding my point. Thank you! girly-knicks.gif

And you can believe me when I say that I have NOTHING against people with different nationalities.
    I will NOT let anybody rule my way of thinking just by making bad comments and accusing me of being racist.
    I will ALWAYS stand up for my believes and NOBODY, no matter what, will EVER change that.
    I made it pretty clear what my problem is/was in my game. I got rid of the problem now by just deleting CL...LOL

You negative people out there just keep on going putting words in ppl's mouth that they've never said nor meant. That's just fine.
    What else is there to expect in the iNet from people hiding behind their screens just killing time trying to turn
    others down for their way of thinking because of low self-esteem. I'm so used to those kinds.
    There is NOTHING you could say to hurt my pride because I made my point clear as it can be.
    You want to jump to conclusion and make up your own stories, go ahead!
    And here are some “CLASSICS” for you. I have “foreign“friends” and you know what? My best friends are of Asian,
    Native American and Afro-American origin LOL.

People always find something to blame others for, it's a big problem nowadays, but it's good that you don't care about. I wouldn't either. They aren't worth any of your time :)
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    And @ts1depot showing pictures of your Sim's phone book doesn't prove anything. What that proves is who you allow your Sims to meet and greet.

First of all, l made it perfectly clear that I don't micromanage my relationships. The sims meet who they want to meet because part of my gameplay style is to just to sit back and watch who my sims will generate friendships or feuds with.

Secondly, you know as well as I do that sims meet and greet each other on community lots, at BBQ picnics and at social events all the time. They also have spontaneous conversations break out on the sidewalks on the street, and they chat all the time at work. So painting a picture that the only sims that can show up in an address book are the ones you "allow" to meet and greet is not true, and I think you know that this is not true. I can't speak for when Free Will/Autonomy is switched off but that's how it works when it is on.

I came back to this thread because you answered me. I counted yesterday how many Non Played /Not In World Sims I have who have CL names. There were more than 150 out of the 160 Non Played, Not In World Sims. I would think that is overkill wouldn't you? Just because one doesn't have a problem most in the vanilla game do. (And many were repeat names and not kin at all) that's not a generator working properly in my book. ETA: And no, their ethnic skin tone, hair, etc. didn't match names at all. In my game it is a problem with the name generator. And that has nothing with racism, it's common sense.

I solved it by deleting CL and all it's townie creations. Now my game is back to "normal" and no more generated odd and triple names. And another good deleting effect is that I also got rid of the bugs that came with the EP. And now even my Vampires look "normal" lol.
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited April 2017
    Well I think that the Sims 4 is not the best game for townies and premades, Sims 2 was and is the best in that area. But the good thing is that Sims 4 has excellent town and world population modification tools itself (household management). It´s so easy to just bullzone the whole town and replace it with sims you like. Also you can go to the unplayed households tab and modify the townies. Just click on the pencil looking button and it will take you directly to CAS where you can replace them either changing them or loading sims from gallery. I have done this many times and it does not take too much of your gaming time if you have sims saved in your gallery. Just delete townies you do not like and replace them from your gallery. Another option is to just quickly change them to match your tastes. You can change almost everything, name, clothing, hair etc. Personally I don´t like realistic sims or even human sims. I usually replace townies with aliens, vampires, berry sims, banilla sims or other characters. I give them mix matched names from the internet´s name sites. When you do this couple of times you will become very fast at it. So, when you start a new game just check the unplayed townies tab every sim week and tweak the townies who moved in. It also helps if you make a save where you have bullzoned all the world you wan´t to replace sims and keep that save separated from others so every time you start a new save you have empty worlds to start with.
    Post edited by Jadeleine on
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member

Even politician use it.
    I agree, coming from a country where we do speak freely, and yes, we got too many of one kind all the time. I have now uninstalled City Living with your help. And thanks to you, I can now play my game with the diversity I wish myself. You're the best. :smiley:

Even politician use it.
    I agree, coming from a country where we do speak freely, and yes, we got too many of one kind all the time. I have now uninstalled City Living with your help. And thanks to you, I can now play my game with the diversity I wish myself. You're the best. :smiley:

Aww thank you! Glad I could help :)

Jadeleine wrote: »
    Well I think that the Sims 4 is not the best game for townies and premades, Sims 2 was and is the best in that area. But the good thing is that Sims 4 has excellent town and world population modification tools itself (household management). It´s so easy to just bullzone the whole town and replace it with sims you like. Also you can go to the unplayed households tab and modify the townies. Just click on the pencil looking button and it will take you directly to CAS where you can replace them either changing them or loading sims from gallery. I have done this many times and it does not take too much of your gaming time if you have sims saved in your gallery. Just delete townies you do not like and replace them from your gallery. Another option is to just quickly change them to match your tastes. You can change almost everything, name, clothing, hair etc. Personally I don´t like realistic sims or even human sims. I usually replace townies with aliens, vampires, berry sims, banilla sims or other characters. I give them mix matched names from the internet´s name sites. When you do this couple of times you will become very fast at it. So, when you start a new game just check the unplayed townies tab every sim week and tweak the townies who moved in. It also helps if you make a save where you have bullzoned all the world you wan´t to replace sims and keep that save separated from others so every time you start a new save you have empty worlds to start with.

Thanks I know all that, but I got tired of the hassle and bugs CL gave us and deleted the EP as I've posted above, and I'm very happy I did. My game works fine again and so does the name generator.

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Why is everyone calling this simmer's request racist? They aren't calling for the removal of Asian sims entirely, they just want equality in between races and ethnicities. They want 20% of 5 ethnicities or 10% of ten, not 99% of 1 and 1% of another. If someone was asking for less Caucasian sims, would they still be racist? Its not a lot to ask.
  • charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    oh no, for once white people aren't being the major population in a game! Its so crazy that other races didn't start shouting about how there were to much before! lol
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This. This is my problem:

34042112462_d593a4691b_o.png
    34068510921_3c22926c4b_o.png

His name it Tetsu Wantanabe. Aside from being dressed hideously, does he look like a very accurate representation of most Japanese men? However, my game generated about 5 other males with the Wantanabe surname all with goatees... even one with the multi-colored dreads. That's my problem.

Asian cultures are beautiful. It's not that I don't want them in my game. I just want them to LOOK more representative of themselves. My aunt is from Hong Kong (adopted) and my best friend is half Chinese/Japanese. They don't look like this. Sure, anyone can dye their hair. That's fine. But there's something seriously off about Maxis skin tones and eye shapes. I think it's also the facial bone structures that throw it off too. Every culture has certain characteristics in skull shape. Archaeologists even use a huge catalog of skull shapes to determine the ethnicity of found skeletons.

That's what bothers me. I understand that not all cultures have a wide variety of first and last names. (How many Muhammads and Kims are out there?) So to English countries, all the names sound the same because some areas of the world don't have as large of a selection as say, America. It's important to keep in mind that America is comprised of so many cultures that first names and surnames have much more variety here. I see the last name Gonzalez or Hernandez, and that feels as American to me as Smith or Jones.

When I look at townies, I see potential mates. If the races better represented themselves, and there was more diversity between all races, I would be fine with that. But the guy in my pictures above is sleeping with no one. I might play a blended family, but that means I want blended genetics. A blonde, blue eyed man with pale skin and Asian eyes is not exactly giving me much to work with.

I came across a Watanabe in my Manage Households and she was quite lovely -- I darkened her skin just a bit, gave the eyes a bit more of an angle, and changed her hair color from blond to black and was quite happy with her. And she's even a vampire. May have to save her to my library for a future save.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SeliosSelios Posts: 81 Member
    i don't think you're racist. but probably the reason why people are saying you are is because your title (in combination with the original post) kind of makes a claim that only white people aren't foreigners, which barring any politically incorrect mumbo jumbo, is just plain incorrect.

Foreigner is not the word to use here. If you are upset that there aren't enough white sims, then just say that. There's nothing wrong with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top