Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie Walk-Bys - HELP!

Hi everyone. I'm so glad to see there's a video section on the forum. I just started making my first TS4 vid and was really glad they still have the control-5-8 feature for moving the camera.

Here's my problem: The townie walk-by is driving me nuts. I was wondering if anyone here could help me solve this.

I'm making a video for my granddaughter's birthday based on a song I wrote when she was born. I downloaded the lot, made the set, but every time I start filming, somebody walks by and ruins the shot. I've screamed myself hoarse yelling "CUT!" =)

Thanks ahead of time for any help. If this is the wrong place to ask, I'd really appreciate a heads-up on where to go. Thanks!
Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif

Comments

• JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    I can't find cheats on this but I know there's a "Stop visitor's cheat. Can anyone remember it? I need this by Sunday. I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. I'm ready to kill every townie. Wait...

Maybe I could start on a new neighborhood. @Rosemow you seem to be a wonderful resource for so much and I hate to bother you since you're already helping so many people. Do you have any ideas of how to solve this? @Corwim do you make movies? @Laebeth ? @Veriona? @WrathofCath Help! Please? =)
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    edited April 2017
    Well if there's a wall, climb over it, under it, go around it or...bulldoze it. I think perhaps this is a clear sign I need to NOT use TS4 to make this video, or perhaps just do screenshots. Meanwhile if anyone stops by and has ideas, I will be forever grateful. I haven't played since Wednesday because I got so frustrated and simicidal by this problem.

Edit: Been searching on Google in between checking out way-to0-many threads to keep up with. So loving the creativity here.
    edited April 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :)
    MC Command Center mod may help you.
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    It may help to post on the help thread for the mod, and simmers there may be able to help you with settings to use.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest

wNbhwti.gif

@Rosemow

YES! Thank you so much!
    I should have asked you first. THANK YOU! I will check that out now. Thanks so much. May you be showered in an abundance of kindness and love today for all the help you give to others.

@rosemow

This: (From the site -- using the mod now)
    The MC Population module contains functionality related to creating new homeless Sims or moving out elders.

The homeless population happens by replacing the Sim(s) that Sims 4 is requesting with Sim(s) specific to the settings. From my personal testing, 99% of the time, this is a single Sim. This is due to Sims 4 requesting a jogger…or a walker…or a mailman…it’s kind of insane really. How many jogger/walker/mailmen do you need?! I just intercept the request from Sims 4 for whatever and replace the request with our own Sim request.

This functionality runs automatically, so there are no command-line actions for mc_population but below are the settings.

This is exactly what I needed. Brilliant. Too bad I didn't ask sooner! I'm not too worried about anything except my little one loving it and don't want her confused by a sad, strange man walking by. =)

Thanks so much again.
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I don't make sims vids and when I play I always stalk people walking by LOL :D My sims are literally neighborhood creepers. Glad Rose was able to find you a mod :) Have fun making your vid for your little one, share with us when you are done.
    edited April 2017
    @Veriona and @Rosemow thank you.

I managed to get a preview done. Obviously I have to redo and take out the noise or tone done the waterfall somewhat). My husband will record the music via Audacity. I'm out of practice on my accoustic but he just built a 7-string electric and it has a beautiful sound. I'll try to sing. If it sucks too much it will just be lyrics and music.

♪ I Know Where the Blueberries Grow ♫

The beautiful lot is by Piekxi (Waterfall Lake House) and I think it's Maxis curated. I only changed it a little and built a cabin to fit the song.
    Post edited by Jazztizz on
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The preview video is so very special ! <3 It is lovely! You are doing it so very well! :) It is very nice that you have made simversions of your family.
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @Veriona and @Rosemow thank you.

I managed to get a preview done. Obviously I have to redo and take out the noise or tone done the waterfall somewhat). My husband will record the music via Audacity. I'm out of practice on my accoustic but he just built a 7-string electric and it has a beautiful sound. I'll try to sing. If it plum too much it will just be lyrics and music.

♪ I Know Where the Blueberries Grow ♫

The beautiful lot is by Piekxi (Waterfall Lake House) and I think it's Maxis curated. I only changed it a little and built a cabin to fit the song. Michael and I are recording the song on Audacity. He's doing the guitar (he just finished his building 7-string!) and I'm going to attempt to sing it :p

I just messaged you asking about the odd loud sound when you zoomed in on the sims. Glad you were able to find a player's lot to shoot the video in.
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hahaha! I got such a kick out "Elaine" doing her 'thang' :D I am so glad you figured it out @jazztizz, with the help of our Lovely @rosemow. :)<3 She's always so quick and thoughtful to respond with a helpful answer.

I would have been absolutely no help at all... I only play enough, to test out whatever it is I've created. I keep saying I will set aside some time to play in earnest, but it hasn't happened yet. Most probably, never will. :p

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! I'm sure she's going to LOVE her gift! :blush:

Oops! Edited to say How very talented you are, to write a song for your precious granddaughter! The video looks amazing so far! I'll bet she'll just Love seeing her simself. B)
    @Veriona thanks! That's the waterfall. I'll be putting it on silent for the actual vid to time the music. This was just a quick thing to show you.
    edited April 2017
    Hahaha! I got such a kick out "Elaine" doing her 'thang' :D I am so glad you figured it out @jazztizz, with the help of our Lovely @rosemow. :)<3 She's always so quick and thoughtful to respond with a helpful answer.

I would have been absolutely no help at all... I only play enough, to test out whatever it is I've created. I keep saying I will set aside some time to play in earnest, but it hasn't happened yet. Most probably, never will. :p

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! I'm sure she's going to LOVE her gift! :blush:

Oops! Edited to say How very talented you are, to write a song for your precious granddaughter! The video looks amazing so far! I'll bet she'll just Love seeing her simself. B)

I think it's great you playtest @WrathofCath. I have outplayed myself a bit hence why I began learning to build. The game seriously needs some work on the gameplay tbh, my sims sometimes randomly stand around doing nothing or the town is a ghost. I have downloaded homes before blown away by the gallery images to only find some things are blocked and I had to spend hours figuring out what the plum. I like gameplay better on S3 tbh, S4 has a lot more work ahead of them.

@Jazztizz It's a good start. Good to know that sound will be omitted, I first thought it was my speakers.

@WrathofCath hehe yeah that Elaine dance always makes me laugh. Yes I agree @Rosemow is so great and appreciated. Thanks so much for your birthday wishes. =) My enthusiasm is burning through my stamina though eesh. Even if I don't have time to do the entire song I'll make sure she at least has a really cool teaser by Sunday. ^_^ I know what you mean about getting caught up in building. The building challenges are really fun.

@Laebeth nope not your speakers. Just a raging waterfall of DEATH! (ENG)

eN2jPvH.jpg
    Jazztizz wrote: »

@WrathofCath hehe yeah that Elaine dance always makes me laugh. Yes I agree @Rosemow is so great and appreciated. Thanks so much for your birthday wishes. =) My enthusiasm is burning through my stamina though eesh. Even if I don't have time to do the entire song I'll make sure she at least has a really cool teaser by Sunday. ^_^ I know what you mean about getting caught up in building. The building challenges are really fun.

@Laebeth nope not your speakers. Just a raging waterfall of DEATH! (ENG)

eN2jPvH.jpg

Gasp, I'm not @Laebeth... and to think you were my main squeeze :P
    I loved the emperor's new groove, llama face.
    @Veriona ooops! Sorry! :lol: I totally mixed you two up -- sorry about that hehehe. I loved ENG too. My youngest son can recite the entire movie. (Videous repitidus FTW)
    To @Rosemow @Laebeth @Veriona @Corwim @WrathofCath to the creative folks on #oneroomoneweekonetheme challenge, especially and to this community. thanks so much for the being here. Grief sux and this is a bright beautiful place to recharge and heal and not think about RL -- a'tal a'tal. (Well, much).

We finished the video just now. I really like how it turned out for the short amount of time we had. I hope she will love it. I hope you like it too. =)

I Know Where the Blueberries Grow" for Evie Joy
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited April 2017
    The video is so very beautiful ! :) It is so very special and lovely! <3 Evie will be delighted and very happy when she watches it! The song that you have written is so very nice! It is very nice that you have turned the simversions of your family blue after they have eaten the blueberries :) The laughter in the background is a very nice touch.
    It is a very precious privilege to have my name included in the credits. Thankyou very much <3
    @Jazztizz That was such a sweet simvid for your little one. The music was so calming and very fitting of the video. I watched your Running for Joy video, you are as sweet as you look. So glad you my online girlfriend <3 hehe
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Oh @Jazztizz! Evie is going to LOVE it!!! You guys did such a Wonderful job putting the video together and it is absolutely Lovely! Enjoy your day with the birthday girl tomorrow and I can't wait to hear what she has to say about her very special gift. :blush:
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner @Jazztizz ! But like Cath, I wouldn't have been any help in this case as I don't make videos and wouldn't even know where to begin lol! :smile: So happy though @rosemow was able to help out, wonderful! B)

And the video turned out sooooo good! Love your cute poem and song and the video perfectly accompanies it, it's a wonderful and an absolutely marvellous birthday gift, so sweet! <3

And on a side note, The Emperor's New Groove is THE funniest Disney movie ever, absolutely love it! :smile:
    rosemow wrote: »
    The video is so very beautiful ! :) It is so very special and lovely! <3 Evie will be delighted and very happy when she watches it! The song that you have written is so very nice! It is very nice that you have turned the simversions of your family blue after they have eaten the blueberries :) The laughter in the background is a very nice touch.
    It is a very precious privilege to have my name included in the credits. Thankyou very much <3

@Rosemow you visited my showcase too so I will reply what I wrote there. @Rosemow thank you. = ) She loved it. I just heard. They are across the ocean so I have photos and I got the cutest one after her party. Sleepy little girl, asking to see "her" video from Grammy one more time before bed. That, for me, is the best "Grammy Award" ever. ^_^
    Oh @Jazztizz! Evie is going to LOVE it!!! You guys did such a Wonderful job putting the video together and it is absolutely Lovely! Enjoy your day with the birthday girl tomorrow and I can't wait to hear what she has to say about her very special gift. :blush:

@Wrathofcath it's official. My daughter said she really liked it and asked to see it before bed again. Very happy! I got the cutest photo. (They are in the UK). I really appreciate you taking the time to view it.
    Corwim wrote: »
    Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner @Jazztizz ! But like Cath, I wouldn't have been any help in this case as I don't make videos and wouldn't even know where to begin lol! :smile: So happy though @rosemow was able to help out, wonderful! B)

And the video turned out sooooo good! Love your cute poem and song and the video perfectly accompanies it, it's a wonderful and an absolutely marvellous birthday gift, so sweet! <3

And on a side note, The Emperor's New Groove is THE funniest Disney movie ever, absolutely love it! :smile:

@Corwim thank you! = ) I have a lot to learn about videos and I'll have some time to learn next month. Thank you for your kind comment. My husband and I are working on orchestration. I wasn't able to get the vocals ready in time. I wrote it on my acoustic but really love the sound in on his guitar. He learned this really quick to be in time for the rush but he has such a great bass line in mind for the final song. When it's done I'll let everyone here know.

Thanks so much again everyone. <3
    Veriona wrote: »
    @Jazztizz That was such a sweet simvid for your little one. The music was so calming and very fitting of the video. I watched your Running for Joy video, you are as sweet as you look. So glad you my online girlfriend <3 hehe

@Veriona thank you. = ) I'm sorry I missed this comment yesterday. I was exhausted and replying to several threads and my wall. I missed one of @Corwim 's comments too on my Gallery. If I ever do that again (or if I've done it in the past) please just quote and post again. I really appreciate the time you took to visit the video. <3