Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm coping with lots of stress, since my exams are approaching in only months to come. I have tight schedules and it's hard to fit in the required revision to pass these tests. I'm desperate to get into the college of my dreams, I have to be ready to face these next few months as best as I possibly can.

I forgot to mention that I'm also dealing with lots of friendship troubles, ranging from cheating to petty words. I guess this all sums up my life, I'm counting down the days until I can relax.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    I'm coping with lots of stress, since my exams are approaching in only months to come. I have tight schedules and it's hard to fit in the required revision to pass these tests. I'm desperate to get into the college of my dreams, I have to be ready to face these next few months as best as I possibly can.

I forgot to mention that I'm also dealing with lots of friendship troubles, ranging from cheating to petty words. I guess this all sums up my life, I'm counting down the days until I can relax.

Hello @AvaSims4080
    Exams are very stressful and pressure filled. They add extra stress onto you, on top of the pessure of doing your normal studies. There is also the ongoing knowledge that you need to,achieve a certain grade on the exams so as to enter the college that you wish, to enrol in your dream career course. I send hugs to you <3 Try to take each day one day at a time. When there is opportunity to do revision then use that time wisely. It is very important though to also have just " me time" to just relax and do what you like doing. It may just be for a very short time, but you will return to your studies feeling renewed and can then take in to your mind what you need to know for the exams, Try making sure that you keep eating meals to keep your energy levels up, as well as getting sufficient sleep each night. Sleeping will help to renew your body physically and mentally, and help you cope with the exam stresses.
    I wil keep you in my thoughts over these next months as you are preparing for the exams.
    I am sorry that you are having friendship troubles also. That would add to the stress and anxiety that you are experiencing.
    I hope that your exam revision goes the best that it can <3
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited April 2017
    @rosemow I learned basically nothing from the job shadowing I did (not job shadowing but I have no other thing to call it)

First two weeks on the Thursday at the Ablities Centre and first week I did cleaning the field house equipment and then the front desk 2)Cleaning again and then the Excursive office

Third&Forth weeks-library Third week (something) and the back-checking books back in, etc and fourth week sorting children's books and then being in the archives upstairs

Five week-at a nursery (not a children one, plant one) did price tagging and then all the members helped move plants around an area

6 week no job shadowing but want to Durham College (which i graduated from-and it was a waste of my time)

another week we were at a Chamber of Commerce

first two weeks of the final four weeks- at a farm/petting zoo of sorts cleaning out a stall and then doing something else? (I also helped dried off a newborn lamb) Then the 2nd week at the farm everyone did separating the sheep's wool from the hay(?) or something and then cleaning out some other animal)

Last two weeks-retirement home spend time with the day-programmer (the entire time) and 2nd week I did the laundry

(and it last from Feb til March)
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @rosemow I learned basically nothing from the job shadowing I did (not job shadowing but I have no other thing to call it)

First two weeks on the Thursday at the Ablities Centre and first week I did cleaning the field house equipment and then the front desk 2)Cleaning again and then the Excursive office

Third&Forth weeks-library Third week (something) and the back-checking books back in, etc and fourth week sorting children's books and then being in the archives upstairs

Five week-at a nursery (not a children one, plant one) did price tagging and then all the members helped move plants around an area

6 week no job shadowing but want to Durham College (which i graduated from-and it was a waste of my time)

another week we were at a Chamber of Commerce

first two weeks of the final four weeks- at a farm/petting zoo of sorts cleaning out a stall and then doing something else? (I also helped dried off a newborn lamb) Then the 2nd week at the farm everyone did separating the sheep's wool from the hay(?) or something and then cleaning out some other animal)

Last two weeks-retirement home spend time with the day-programmer (the entire time) and 2nd week I did the laundry

(and it last from Feb til March)

Hello
    I am sorry that the course wasn't very helpful for you :( It doesn't sound like it was a course that was suited for what you needed for help to obtain a job. The course may have been beneficial for other people, but was not suited for you. There may be a future course that can both better equip you to find work as well as help you to find a new job itself.
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    @mcrudd That image message put me to sleep last night before bed, happy tears knowing complete strangers knew how I felt. I wanted to reply after I read it, but I figured I'd take that opportunity to get some much needed shut eyes :)

But then I wake up to that scammer post... wow just WOW! This is why I refuse to use social media. I did for 2 days have facebook just to help me grieve about my lost, but I deleted it, felt too much for me. I'm glad you didn't fall for it in the end though that you were coached how to spot these fakes. I have no idea how such people sleep at night. *hugs* This is not relating to scam artist, but one of the reasons why I dislike social media. In my area a nice couple had lost their dog, it somehow escaped their fenced yard. They posted on facebook of our town and even posted flyers all around town. They had to take everything down online as some "animal lovers" were disgusted that the dog was not fixed. Their flyers were ripped off poles/tress all around town. The comments I read off their facebook about it was disgusting. Till this day I have no idea if they found their dog or not, the whole thing just made me sad and disgusted at how people can be.

@MadameLee In the states there are some plumbags who take advantage of the disability system. Back when my spouse and I had to work back to back jobs we lived in a sketchy neighborhood - drug addicts, dealers etc. It was a very scary time in our life, we even got robbed. There were some nice friendly neighbors (though very slim in numbers) that needed the disability more than others. One was a nice lady who had fallen during work and now is on disability and relies solely on it. Guess what, she was robbed by the same plumbags who are also in the system - but these were the drug dealers (just bad people in my book) taking advantage of the system. So my heart goes to you, our system here needs work too.

@AvaSims4080 I'm sorry to hear about your friendship troubles. I have had many of that in my life in the past and had to let go of some of these friends as it just bought too much toxicity into my life. I hope you sort things out and also find some relax time, even if it's just a short 5 minute break for your upcoming exams. Keeping you in my thoughts you land the college of your dream. I never went to college as I sacrificed it so my spouse can go instead, money was tight for us as we married very young and wanted to do things on our own. I don't regret it though as my husband landed the job he's always wanted to be in. His happiness means more to me than anything. So I hope this for you too <3
    You are very caring to have given up going college so that your husband could go instead @Veriona <3 It is very beautiful that your husband's happiness means so much to you. You have a very special relationship. It will carry you through the harder times in your life in all that life holds.
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    @rosemow - I'm pretty confident that they hate me due to their nonstop bullying through class every day, but I don't think they'll ever regret. That's just how people are these days in this generation, and it's so sad. I didn't know my generation would get this bad.. but wow. I'm actually not old enough to go to a therapist myself- I have to go with my parents. And my parents are against the idea of going to a therapist, so I highly doubt I'll get a therapist, but I don't know what to do now, except talk to depression hotlines. Maybe when I get back to school, I can ask my counselor to recommend me a therapist- I don't know- I heard you can do that, but I'm not too sure. Or I can ask my cousin- she's an expert on helping out her family like me.

@MadameLee - I'm so sorry. :anguished: Being bullied by vice principals is hard to imagine and I could possibly never understand why'd they do that to you. That's so horrible. It must've been a very horrible

@Veriona - Thanks! It was a username I made up when I was like in the 7th grade or something, but I don't really like it anymore haha. That's really good advice that I could take with me- that bullies are there as just an obstacle that we just have to get over. I tried to forget, but what they did still haunts me from time to time. I honestly see no point in bullying; most of it is for their personal gain and ego or just wanting to do it because they want to "sound cool". Most people are like that in school. Also, thanks for the movie recommendation! I might watch those two movies.

@Jazztizz - Thank you <3 That's pretty much all I have to say because I don't know what else to say.

Thanks everyone for the kind messages. They really mean a lot to me in this time of need. I cried a lot this morning just reading through them. So thank you from the bottom of my heart <3
    @Veriona - Thanks! It was a username I made up when I was like in the 7th grade or something, but I don't really like it anymore haha. That's really good advice that I could take with me- that bullies are there as just an obstacle that we just have to get over. I tried to forget, but what they did still haunts me from time to time. I honestly see no point in bullying; most of it is for their personal gain and ego or just wanting to do it because they want to "sound cool". Most people are like that in school. Also, thanks for the movie recommendation! I might watch those two movies.

Thanks everyone for the kind messages. They really mean a lot to me in this time of need. I cried a lot this morning just reading through them. So thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

@Linds_the_kitty I like all things cat and those who use cat references as I see cat lovers (all animal lovers in general really) as good kindhearted individuals :) I will tell you what one of the bullies who apologized to me years later after high school told me, "I bullied you because you let me." At first I glanced at her, but then I understood. So don't let them get to you, be your own hero and stick up for yourself and know your worth more than the plum words they throw at you <3

I'm glad you had a good cry, I did too last night while reading your post. I feel we had a connection as I had the same troubles when I was your age and knew exactly what you were trying to convey. If you ever feel like no one is listening, know I am always here and if I could reach through the monitor this would be us right now <3

xVdrdvH.gif

Have a great weekend, remember I'm just a type away on the forums :)

P.S. When you do watch those movies, lets talk about it ok?
    edited April 2017
    Hello @Linds_the_kitty
    It would be good to talk things over with your cousin. She may be able to help you find a therapist, as well as she can discuss with your parents that it may be beneficial for you to visit one. She may also be willing to go with you if and when you see a therapist. She sounds like a caring person , that would want the best for you and your health.
    Crying when you read the messages will help you. Tears bring our deep feelings to the surface and can bring healing inside. You have us all here supporting you and thinking of you.
    Sending a hug to you <3
    @Linds_the_kitty when I said I was bullied by vice principals is that I got suspended from school (once for a week) just because I had to fight back because I tried to tell teachers but they didn't believe me (once I got suspended just by asking the students behind me in science class to be quiet since we're suppose to be working on a project of sorts and if they needed to talk it was only about the project but these two goofs were talking about what they did that weekend or were going to do that weekend) I later learned my science teacher for that class hated "Special" kids.

@Veriona It's impossible for lazy people to get onto disability here since you have to actually say you aren't able to work at all. We had a terrible time getting my Mom and my then family doctor (we currently been without a doctor for almost 3 years) into saying I was disabled and that for that doctor, the only thing to her that fit being disabled was having some mental problems (not depression) but when I have Chromosome 18p- and I also have Asperger (which is something we only discovered after I was 18), and for awhile I had issues with doing #2 in the bathroom. Not much of an issue anymore. The only jobs people can get here if we're on disability income is volunteer jobs that's it because trying to work a paying job is too risky between 1)who would want to hire a person who can only work 4hrs/wk? 2)loosing one benefits (prescription drugs and dental insurance, and for other people not me wheelchair or diet aids) isn't worth the plum we would have to put up with if we had a paying job. Ontario's planning on trying something Manitoba did in the 1970s a basic income program.

6adMCGP.gif
    @Veriona It's impossible for lazy people to get onto disability here since you have to actually say you aren't able to work at all. We had a terrible time getting my Mom and my then family doctor (we currently been without a doctor for almost 3 years) into saying I was disabled and that for that doctor, the only thing to her that fit being disabled was having some mental problems (not depression) but when I have Chromosome 18p- and I also have Asperger (which is something we only discovered after I was 18), and for awhile I had issues with doing #2 in the bathroom. Not much of an issue anymore. The only jobs people can get here if we're on disability income is volunteer jobs that's it because trying to work a paying job is too risky between 1)who would want to hire a person who can only work 4hrs/wk? 2)loosing one benefits (prescription drugs and dental insurance, and for other people not me wheelchair or diet aids) isn't worth the plum we would have to put up with if we had a paying job. Ontario's planning on trying something Manitoba did in the 1970s a basic income program.

Yup our system here is plum. A lot of these people are also abusing the government help programs in the states. It's scary to read you guys have lost your family doctor as well. Sorry the work program didn't work as well as you'd like and you were forced to do certain things. But like @rosemow said, it's a learning experience you can take away from it. I'm currently a stay at home wife, I got laid off couple years ago due to me constantly having doctors appointments (I have a lot of medical issues especially back then). Now it is hard for me to get a job due to my health/mental issues and lack of work history the past few years, so I somewhat know and feel your frustration. No one wants to hire me neither, to them I seem broken. Sigh.

My home country (Philippines) poverty there is so high, the government doesn't help, disabled or not. People die everyday living in the streets, eating nothing for days and covered in their own filth everyday of their poor life. So I always count my blessings that I am where I am today, life could be so much worse.

Hope you have a great weekend @MadameLee <3

P.S. What is the story behind your avatar, I feel like that sim female is about to get violated :o
    Dance party, hope you are all having a great weekend so far.

SBUn5.gif
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi all, sorry not feeling the best today, been sick all day because of yesterday's scammer experience. We decided it best to let everyone know via my missing page and personal facebook to be on the lookout incase someone tries the same scam on them. I was nautious after telling my mom a few minutes ago and now after posting the post, but the case officers said it best if others are warned, especially on his official missing page so scammers can see we are onto them. I will catch up properly on another day sorry, just a quick post then I need to go :(
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry not feeling the best today, been sick all day because of yesterday's scammer experience. We decided it best to let everyone know via my missing page and personal facebook to be on the lookout incase someone tries the same scam on them. I was nautious after telling my mom a few minutes ago and now after posting the post, but the case officers said it best if others are warned, especially on his official missing page so scammers can see we are onto them. I will catch up properly on another day sorry, just a quick post then I need to go :(

Take some much needed rest @mcrudd, no doubt this has been stressful thing for you and your family. I think it's good that scammer is put on blast, keep it from hopefully ever happening again. Keeping you in my thoughts, hope you feel better <3
    mcrudd wrote: »

Hello @mcrudd
    The experience that you had with the scammer would have been quite upsetting and distressing for you. It would have knocked you both mentally and physically. Try to get some rest and a sleep if you can. I send gentle hugs to you <3
    It is wise to let others know about the scam. It will alert others to be wary of scammers . It may also prevent scammers from targetting others, if they fear they may caught by the police.
    I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts,
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I feel like I should give some more context if thats ok. I have ovarian cysts, had them for a few years no problems aside from occasional pain. It's recently that the pain has increased, plus pain during intercourse along with the bleeding has me freaking out. We haven't been intimate in a while because of this and I was afraid I was pushing him away. He reassured me that even if its cancer he will be there for the long haul. That our relationship is more than sex and he wants me healthy and happy. He told me that he is going to marry me, that that is a fact I should be lieve in. I'm still scared, I'm still worried, but I am 🐸🐸🐸🐸 greatful I have him as support. And I am likewise greatful the kind words here.

@Veriona Thank you for the kind words. yes the coke joke made me laugh. (I like both, I just love Pepsi more.) I have been through what you are going through. My father died 11 years ago and he was the sun in my universe. Then a few months after my first love died in a car crash. I was set back 2 years. I had PTSD and didn't know it until my mother dragged me to consoling. The loss of loved ones is hard, and going through so much in quick seccsion feels like the world isn't giving you a break. I'm glad it seems like you have some caring people in your life. All I can say is that as it takes time to heal, but you will heal. Always remeber that, (and I should as well,) this is temporary, the dark pit will pass. Take care

@mcrudd That is beyond 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up. That goes beyond human decientcy. That's socialpathic 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and I'm sorry you and your family was put through more pain. You're in my prayers
    I feel like I should give some more context if thats ok. I have ovarian cysts, had them for a few years no problems aside from occasional pain. It's recently that the pain has increased, plus pain during intercourse along with the bleeding has me freaking out. We haven't been intimate in a while because of this and I was afraid I was pushing him away. He reassured me that even if its cancer he will be there for the long haul. That our relationship is more than sex and he wants me healthy and happy. He told me that he is going to marry me, that that is a fact I should be lieve in. I'm still scared, I'm still worried, but I am plum greatful I have him as support. And I am likewise greatful the kind words here.

@Veriona Thank you for the kind words. yes the coke joke made me laugh. (I like both, I just love Pepsi more.) I have been through what you are going through. My father died 11 years ago and he was the sun in my universe. Then a few months after my first love died in a car crash. I was set back 2 years. I had PTSD and didn't know it until my mother dragged me to consoling. The loss of loved ones is hard, and going through so much in quick seccsion feels like the world isn't giving you a break. I'm glad it seems like you have some caring people in your life. All I can say is that as it takes time to heal, but you will heal. Always remeber that, (and I should as well,) this is temporary, the dark pit will pass. Take care

@mcrudd That is beyond plum up. That goes beyond human decientcy. That's socialpathic plum, and I'm sorry you and your family was put through more pain. You're in my prayers

Hello @Misa_wants_Pepsi
    Thankyou for sharing further with us about your health issues. I send hugs to you <3.as you continue to await the results of the tesrs. I am so glad that you talked over how you are feeling with your fiancée. He sounds a very caring, loving and supportive person. He will support you through whatever the results of the tests are. It is a much needed source of encouragement for you.
    I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.
    I don't go to church as often as I used too (I would love too go to church more often) but when I know the very first words out of Dad mouth will be "Have you had lunch at the church?" when I've barley got in the door. I wish Dad would get it through his head that there's only are two Sundays (used to be 3 Sundays) when there's lunch offered at the church (Block party and Chilli lunch-ie Football Sunday). The rest of the time for "social time" there will only be cheese/crackers, grapes and occasionally bread +coffee/tea for adults who drink that stuff and for the kids cookies and juice.
    6adMCGP.gif
    I don't go to church as often as I used too (I would love too go to church more often) but when I know the very first words out of Dad mouth will be "Have you had lunch at the church?" when I've barley got in the door. I wish Dad would get it through his head that there's only are two Sundays (used to be 3 Sundays) when there's lunch offered at the church (Block party and Chilli lunch-ie Football Sunday). The rest of the time for "social time" there will only be cheese/crackers, grapes and occasionally bread +coffee/tea for adults who drink that stuff and for the kids cookies and juice.

Hello @MadameLee
    Although it can feel a little frustrating to you that your Dad forgets that there are only two Sundays when there is lunch at Church, it may be best to try just to ignore what he says about it. Sometimes it is best to just accept that he is going to say it, and be ready to say whether or not you did have lunch there that day. It is not good that his comment is causing you to feel,stressed, and is hurting you, so if you can just try to calmly answer him and avoid tension, it will help you not to,feel strained by it.
    I feel like I should give some more context if thats ok. I have ovarian cysts, had them for a few years no problems aside from occasional pain. It's recently that the pain has increased, plus pain during intercourse along with the bleeding has me freaking out. We haven't been intimate in a while because of this and I was afraid I was pushing him away. He reassured me that even if its cancer he will be there for the long haul. That our relationship is more than sex and he wants me healthy and happy. He told me that he is going to marry me, that that is a fact I should be lieve in. I'm still scared, I'm still worried, but I am plum greatful I have him as support. And I am likewise greatful the kind words here.

Still no news from your doctor's office? Did you give them a ring? I have actually suffered for many years from large ovarian cysts during my monthly and there were times it was so painful I was rushed to the ER because I wasn't sure what was going on, but the pain was unbearable. We are currently almost at the same place as this situation for me is still ongoing and have not had been able to please my spouse, but he is still with me. He always says and continue to tells me that is not what our marriage is based off, it goes beyond that and I need to stop being plum thinking he'd leave me because of it. Your fiance sounds like he loves and cares for you a lot. I understand the levels of worries you have with your situation as I have been there (spotting and random prolonged bleeding well after my monthly and even after intercourse) and I hope you can get some answers soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and am glad you finally replied back to this thread <3
    edited April 2017
    @rosemow he never goes to church (except for the couple of times we gone for Christmas Eve services and for the Madi Gras Tuesday and the Ash Wednesday service the same night) iI even stopped going to church more often because I got sick and tired of having to tell dad the same *bacon* thing EVER single Sunday. At least this time he didn't ask me where MOM was..(since that's another thing I got really tired of answering from the time I was in Gr.8-college 7+ years) was "Where's Mom?" "Choir practice/play practice" depending on the time of year (late Oct and Early nov-mid nov and for Mom whenever she does her one act play). I mean I got so tired of it I even wanted to start taking a lunch to the church again (I did that the first year maybe 2 years when Mom started to do choir practice) and eat there when Mom did the choir/play practice just so I didn't have to deal with Dad at home and also Mom could have some company when coming home. Or at least considering buying lunch on my way home. I literally said before he even said half of his sentence "Look there's no lunch at the church except two days of the year the rest of the time there are only snacks"

Because if he says that the next time I go to the church I will bacon SCREAM at him since I can't stand having to tell him every single time I go to the church that's there's is "NO LUNCH ANY OTHER DAY THEN BLOCK PARTY AND SUPERBOWL SUNDAY"

Since half the time I want to drag him to a normal church service to show him what happens on the non-Block party or chilli lunch Sundays!! Just so I can get it though his head.

6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee I understand your frustrations I truly do. My dad while a quiet man, often times annoyed me... we had a very complicated relationship. There were times I would say horrible things like "this is why you're my least favorite parent." As years went on and I found myself into adulthood, my relationship with both my parents was more distant than I would like. I was told by my cousin that the last few weeks after hearing he had cancer my dad made a 180 and was a more open, loving compassionate person, accepting his fate as he leaves us behind. What I'm trying to say is, cherish your moments with your dad (and your loved ones) as you do not know what the future holds. I'm at the point in my life of trying to mend some broken relationships within my family, it's tough but I am trying to do my best as the loss of my dad shattered me. I miss him terribly and regret not being more open with him, but I know he loved me.
    @rosemow he never goes to church (except for the couple of times we gone for Christmas Eve services and for the Madi Gras Tuesday and the Ash Wednesday service the same night) iI even stopped going to church more often because I got sick and tired of having to tell dad the same *bacon* thing EVER single Sunday. At least this time he didn't ask me where MOM was..(since that's another thing I got really tired of answering from the time I was in Gr.8-college 7+ years) was "Where's Mom?" "Choir practice/play practice" depending on the time of year (late Oct and Early nov-mid nov and for Mom whenever she does her one act play). I mean I got so tired of it I even wanted to start taking a lunch to the church again (I did that the first year maybe 2 years when Mom started to do choir practice) and eat there when Mom did the choir/play practice just so I didn't have to deal with Dad at home and also Mom could have some company when coming home. Or at least considering buying lunch on my way home. I literally said before he even said half of his sentence "Look there's no lunch at the church except two days of the year the rest of the time there are only snacks"

Because if he says that the next time I go to the church I will bacon SCREAM at him since I can't stand having to tell him every single time I go to the church that's there's is "NO LUNCH ANY OTHER DAY THEN BLOCK PARTY AND SUPERBOWL SUNDAY"

Since half the time I want to drag him to a normal church service to show him what happens on the non-Block party or chilli lunch Sundays!! Just so I can get it though his head.

Hello @MadameLee
    It can be frustrating for you when you need to keep repeating the same things each time that you come home from Church, but your Dad is not trying to say it to annoy you or cause you to feel stressed by it. He just forgets about when the lunches are held at Church. We all have certain things in our lives that we keep forgetting about despite being told numerous times about it. It is just hurting you inside by you feeling upset over it, and hurting your relationship with your Dad. He loves you and you love him, and a part of being family is just letting things go that frustrate us a little and trying just to ignore them.
    @Veriona it's one of the many things that frustrate me about him. The others are that when I'm at home (if I'm not going to the gym or to my day-program) he will bug me "Do you want what I'm having for lunch?" the only time he doesn't ask that if Mom's at home. Even if I say no if I'm going to have an open-face Cheese sandwich Dad will ask if I want beans and even if I say no once he will over it again and at least once in awhile I have to say yes to get him to back off. I mean can he learn NO means NO and to buzz off occasionally? To mention kitchen problems...like if he's trying to make supper for Mom and I (and he wants ME to make a salad) he up until recently been using the "Salad" bowl for some stuff..and that's a no-no (that's a more recent frustration).

6adMCGP.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top