You are browsing an archived read-only section of the forums. The Sims 4 Help Center can now be found here.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

Comments

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,605 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Cinebar because Asian and Africans don't normally come (sorry!) with blonde hair? How many Asian or African descendent people come with blonde/redish hair (NOT dyed) in reality

    If you mean China they aren't born with blond hair. Mixing genes and ethnic groups away from their original inherited traits is what brings blond hair to Asians in real life. What I said about my game holds true, I have too many CL townies and no WC, or OS townies. If I can't find any WC townies other than Bella (who is ancient in my save right now) and it's only CL townies then that's not diverse at all. What that is/would be is a take over of CL into the rest of the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    edited April 2017
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong though, I would not mind at all if there were no real world resemblances at all because then we wouldn't have issues like the one we're debating in this thread in the first place because then no one would compare it to the real world. I'd be fine if we just threw away the whole concept of sims with real world ethnicities alltogether and instead said "This sims' identity is simsian (instead of asian)" because then nobody would be bothered by blonde asians (or simsians, in that case) as there was no attempt at replicating the real world and simsians could be anything we define them to be.

    this sounds like the people who say I don't have a problem with other cultures as long as they look sound act and dress like me. Let me make this more clear, the people who say "I don't see color"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,605 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This. This is my problem:

    34042112462_d593a4691b_o.png
    34068510921_3c22926c4b_o.png

    His name it Tetsu Wantanabe. Aside from being dressed hideously, does he look like a very accurate representation of most Japanese men? However, my game generated about 5 other males with the Wantanabe surname all with goatees... even one with the multi-colored dreads. That's my problem.

    have a blond female who I don't even know how to start to pronounce her name. I sometimes think is that real? ETA: In my area I would see more Latin names and Mexican names and more German and Irish. It's hard for me to play TS4 since CL when they all generate the same last names and aren't even kin, and or don't match their name.

    ever heard of mitochondrial eve? why do people think blonde hair is exclusive to whites?

    I did not ask this question how did you edit what I said to make it look like what you said?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 534 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    celeste821 wrote: »
    ts1depot wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    No game I have played has an "Asian Sim" population of anything approaching 90%. I suspect that there is a large amount of hyperbole at play here.

    Of course it's hyperbole. Check out my post above where I post screenshots of my sims' address books. If there were 90% Asians being generated, how come so few of the townies that come up in their books are Japanese or Indians CL sims? How come, also, there aren't hordes of these sims showing up at parties, birthday invites, having picnics in backyards or passing in front of any households?


    Are you trying to get this thread closed because you want nothing but CL townies?

    I'd call it spam... best to ignore such posts.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary (be polite) - “

  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited April 2017
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This. This is my problem:

    34042112462_d593a4691b_o.png
    34068510921_3c22926c4b_o.png

    His name it Tetsu Wantanabe. Aside from being dressed hideously, does he look like a very accurate representation of most Japanese men? However, my game generated about 5 other males with the Wantanabe surname all with goatees... even one with the multi-colored dreads. That's my problem.

    have a blond female who I don't even know how to start to pronounce her name. I sometimes think is that real? ETA: In my area I would see more Latin names and Mexican names and more German and Irish. It's hard for me to play TS4 since CL when they all generate the same last names and aren't even kin, and or don't match their name.

    ever heard of mitochondrial eve? why do people think blonde hair is exclusive to whites?

    No one thinks that blonde hair is exclusive to whites... it's just not super common among other cultures. Of course there's albinism and mixed race genetics that make for different people, along with certain cultures like Melanesians that can have very dark skin and blonde hair which darkens up as they age. But if you go to Tokyo and walk down the street, nearly everyone has brown or black hair. It's the percentage of townies that's the problem. It's not accurate. How many blondes can you count in this Tokyo wave pool?

    34044483282_9e52630750_o.jpg
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This. This is my problem:

    34042112462_d593a4691b_o.png
    34068510921_3c22926c4b_o.png

    His name it Tetsu Wantanabe. Aside from being dressed hideously, does he look like a very accurate representation of most Japanese men? However, my game generated about 5 other males with the Wantanabe surname all with goatees... even one with the multi-colored dreads. That's my problem.

    have a blond female who I don't even know how to start to pronounce her name. I sometimes think is that real? ETA: In my area I would see more Latin names and Mexican names and more German and Irish. It's hard for me to play TS4 since CL when they all generate the same last names and aren't even kin, and or don't match their name.

    ever heard of mitochondrial eve? why do people think blonde hair is exclusive to whites?

    I did not ask this question how did you edit what I said to make it look like what you said?

    that was my question smh
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm out I see some want to say those of us having this problem with the CL EP are racist. @SimGuruNick I hope you guys get the name generator fixed.

    it's the way you say it but you got their attention
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 1,978 Member
    Something is messing with the quotes, I think. It's adding everyone's comments to quotes within quotes lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited April 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    And @ts1depot showing pictures of your Sim's phone book doesn't prove anything. What that proves is who you allow your Sims to meet and greet.

    First of all, l made it perfectly clear that I don't micromanage my relationships. The sims meet who they want to meet because part of my gameplay style is to just to sit back and watch who my sims will generate friendships or feuds with.

    Secondly, you know as well as I do that sims meet and greet each other on community lots, at BBQ picnics and at social events all the time. They also have spontaneous conversations break out on the sidewalks on the street, and they chat all the time at work. So painting a picture that the only sims that can show up in an address book are the ones you "allow" to meet and greet is not true, and I think you know that this is not true. I can't speak for when Free Will/Autonomy is switched off but that's how it works when it is on.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    Something is messing with the quotes, I think. It's adding everyone's comments to quotes within quotes lol.

    thank you this guy is trying to say I am doing something without actually saying it smh
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited April 2017
    What is Sim Nation? Perhaps your game doesn't represent reality, but there are plenty of people whose games do represent reality. The game is a life simulator!

    The Sims has never been a life simulator. It is a God/Virtual Dollhouse videogame. Always has been, always will be no matter how many times players insist it's a life simulator. The point has always been to control your sims and create stories and play out scenarios with them, not play the game as a simulation of real life.

    tumblr_oa121aQuP11vzg6zeo1_1280.png

    From Populous to The Sims: a history of playing god

    "In other games, such as The Sims, it's a more general thing. You're the puppetmaster of the simulation, typically with objectives that provide a framework, but the real entertainment coming from your own experimentation and the stories you create for yourself within the sim. Your people may have individual names, wants and faces or be summed up as something more general, like a planet with a population of 7,043,035 that exists only to be part of some later calculation."
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 991 Member
    In a perfect world, itd be nice if sims were generated based on certain lots and whatever region/ethnic clusters the neighborhood is inspired from (Altho thatd be hard with sims 4 based on how its set up, i imagine). There is nothing wrong with wanting a wider variety of sims of various ethnicities. People get tired of the same things after a while.

    However, going around saying "too many Asians/Indians/non-white sims" is not how you freaking do it. Also the name thing is rude especially when there are people irl who have names like that. Im sure someone not from any western countries would have a hard time with names like "George" or "Stephanie" and boohooing about it would make anyone selfconcious.

    Altho really if you want more white sims just go on the gallery...

    Nothing is wrong about wanting to fix/tweak the ratio a bit but this isn't an uncommon kind of request/thread and some of y'all need to rephrase your statements cause its coming across rather rude.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 534 Member
    I agree with the OP of this thread. I wish there was a way to uninstall City Life and still keep my game progress. CL is the expansion I wish I had NOT bought.

    If you're still looking for a way to delete CityLiving or any other pack, then here is how:

    To Uninstall a Pack, just find a folder where all your Origin Games are installed.
    Windows 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4 - Inside The Sims 4 folder delete a Pack folder of your choice.

    Pack Folders: (will be updated as new Packs release)

    Just for the information :
    EP0x = Expansion pack number 1-3
    1:Get to work
    2:get together
    3:city living)

    GP0x = Game pack number 1-4
    1:outdoor retreat
    2:Spa day
    3:Dine out
    4:Vampire)

    SP0x = Stuff pack number 1-9
    1:Luxury party
    2:Perfect patio
    3:Cool kitchen stuff
    4:Spooky stuff
    5:Movie hangout
    6:Romantic garden
    7:Kids room
    8:Backyard stuff
    9:Vintage glamour)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary (be polite) - “

  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    What is Sim Nation? Perhaps your game doesn't represent reality, but there are plenty of people whose games do represent reality. The game is a life simulator!

    The Sims has never been a life simulator. It is a God/Virtual Dollhouse videogame. Always has been, always will be no matter how many times players insist it's a life simulator. The point has always been to control your sims and create stories and play out scenarios with them, not play the game as a simulation of real life.

    tumblr_oa121aQuP11vzg6zeo1_1280.png

    From Populous to The Sims: a history of playing god

    "In other games, such as The Sims, it's a more general thing. You're the puppetmaster of the simulation, typically with objectives that provide a framework, but the real entertainment coming from your own experimentation and the stories you create for yourself within the sim. Your people may have individual names, wants and faces or be summed up as something more general, like a planet with a population of 7,043,035 that exists only to be part of some later calculation."

    how do you make them kiss? my sims don't kiss if they don't like eachother
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,521 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    What is Sim Nation? Perhaps your game doesn't represent reality, but there are plenty of people whose games do represent reality. The game is a life simulator!

    The Sims has never been a life simulator. It is a God/Virtual Dollhouse videogame. Always has been, always will be no matter how many times players insist it's a life simulator. The point has always been to control your sims and create stories and play out scenarios with them, not play the game as a simulation of real life.

    tumblr_oa121aQuP11vzg6zeo1_1280.png

    From Populous to The Sims: a history of playing god

    "In other games, such as The Sims, it's a more general thing. You're the puppetmaster of the simulation, typically with objectives that provide a framework, but the real entertainment coming from your own experimentation and the stories you create for yourself within the sim. Your people may have individual names, wants and faces or be summed up as something more general, like a planet with a population of 7,043,035 that exists only to be part of some later calculation."

    Its a simulator, the closest thing I can compare it to is life. I'm not saying you SS is wrong but Will Wright himself described it as such:
    I think "god' is kind of a loaded term there. Really what they're playing with is reality. And because of the fact that we're giving players high levels of controls to play with reality, we tend to call them "god" games.
    But these are games in which you're kind of an incompetent god because the system doesn't do what you expect it to do. You don't have omnipotence. And the fact that the world is unpredictable and a little bit out of your control keeps the game interesting.
    So I think "god" is more of a game term and a bit of a misnomer from the role the player is actually in.

    Source: https://cnet.com/news/q-a-will-wright-talks-spore-sims-science/

    Anyhow, back on topic...
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 534 Member
    It would be nice not to spam the thread with off topics - thank you.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary (be polite) - “

  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong though, I would not mind at all if there were no real world resemblances at all because then we wouldn't have issues like the one we're debating in this thread in the first place because then no one would compare it to the real world. I'd be fine if we just threw away the whole concept of sims with real world ethnicities alltogether and instead said "This sims' identity is simsian (instead of asian)" because then nobody would be bothered by blonde asians (or simsians, in that case) as there was no attempt at replicating the real world and simsians could be anything we define them to be.

    this sounds like the people who say I don't have a problem with other cultures as long as they look sound act and dress like me. Let me make this more clear, the people who say "I don't see color"

    I think you quoted the wrong post... Or completely missunderstood everything I said. And if it's the latter I have a small feeling that it was on purpose. You haven't even reacted to what I said on one of the previous pages to you so at this point I'm pretty sure you're just here to instigate and I do not plan on participating in that.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,008 Member
    I don't mind different race types at all but find that the majority of those random adult Sim male choices in CAS are always dark skinned and have heavy beards! That very square one. I have several unplayed available Sims with the same names as those living in Myshuno too.

    The only thing that has made me a bit paranoid is a townie with my own name wandering about Newcrest. A very old English name but not too common!
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong though, I would not mind at all if there were no real world resemblances at all because then we wouldn't have issues like the one we're debating in this thread in the first place because then no one would compare it to the real world. I'd be fine if we just threw away the whole concept of sims with real world ethnicities alltogether and instead said "This sims' identity is simsian (instead of asian)" because then nobody would be bothered by blonde asians (or simsians, in that case) as there was no attempt at replicating the real world and simsians could be anything we define them to be.

    this sounds like the people who say I don't have a problem with other cultures as long as they look sound act and dress like me. Let me make this more clear, the people who say "I don't see color"

    I think you quoted the wrong post... Or completely missunderstood everything I said. And if it's the latter I have a small feeling that it was on purpose. You haven't even reacted to what I said on one of the previous pages to you so at this point I'm pretty sure you're just here to instigate and I do not plan on participating in that.

    if I didn't respond to something it was because I chose to not say anything rather than to be rude
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong though, I would not mind at all if there were no real world resemblances at all because then we wouldn't have issues like the one we're debating in this thread in the first place because then no one would compare it to the real world. I'd be fine if we just threw away the whole concept of sims with real world ethnicities alltogether and instead said "This sims' identity is simsian (instead of asian)" because then nobody would be bothered by blonde asians (or simsians, in that case) as there was no attempt at replicating the real world and simsians could be anything we define them to be.

    this sounds like the people who say I don't have a problem with other cultures as long as they look sound act and dress like me. Let me make this more clear, the people who say "I don't see color"

    I think you quoted the wrong post... Or completely missunderstood everything I said. And if it's the latter I have a small feeling that it was on purpose. You haven't even reacted to what I said on one of the previous pages to you so at this point I'm pretty sure you're just here to instigate and I do not plan on participating in that.

    if I didn't respond to something it was because I chose to not say anything rather than to be rude

    Yeah because implying that nobody except for black people can be descriminated against is totally not rude. Quote me the exact part of my post that makes you think I want no other culture than my own to exist? I bet you can't because that has nothing to do with what I said.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    celeste821 wrote: »
    Erica87 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong though, I would not mind at all if there were no real world resemblances at all because then we wouldn't have issues like the one we're debating in this thread in the first place because then no one would compare it to the real world. I'd be fine if we just threw away the whole concept of sims with real world ethnicities alltogether and instead said "This sims' identity is simsian (instead of asian)" because then nobody would be bothered by blonde asians (or simsians, in that case) as there was no attempt at replicating the real world and simsians could be anything we define them to be.

    this sounds like the people who say I don't have a problem with other cultures as long as they look sound act and dress like me. Let me make this more clear, the people who say "I don't see color"

    I think you quoted the wrong post... Or completely missunderstood everything I said. And if it's the latter I have a small feeling that it was on purpose. You haven't even reacted to what I said on one of the previous pages to you so at this point I'm pretty sure you're just here to instigate and I do not plan on participating in that.

    if I didn't respond to something it was because I chose to not say anything rather than to be rude

    Yeah because implying that nobody except for black people can be descriminated against is totally not rude. Quote me the exact part of my post that makes you think I want no other culture than my own to exist? I bet you can't because that has nothing to do with what I said.

    before I do that you quote me where I said nobody except for black people can be discriminated against???
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I said you implied it, not that you said it.
    celeste821 wrote: »
    it became that way when people got tired of hearing blacks complain about discrimination so they countered by saying others are discriminated too so they lumped all in one basket to divert attention away from african americans

    Stop being such a cop out, it's irritating.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 542 Member
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I said you implied it, not that you said it.
    celeste821 wrote: »
    it became that way when people got tired of hearing blacks complain about discrimination so they countered by saying others are discriminated too so they lumped all in one basket to divert attention away from african americans

    Stop being such a cop out, it's irritating.

    that wasn't an imply that's what you heard
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top