Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

Comments

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Bambooram wrote: »

And please don't call it foreign... that's tasteless.

What's tasteless about that?? Foreign is a person from outside one's community. Nothing wrong with this word.
    non-white is tasteless if you ask me. Plus I said nothing about colors. I like different colors in my game too, but the point is that since CL all the game spawns are dark sims. It has gotten overboard.

„ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

celeste821 wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Ok. I'm starting a new discussion because I haven't found anything about this in the forums.

Now I'm not a racist or anything like that, but I would like to see these jobs given to white caucasian Sims also like it was before, which would make it kinda even.

classic quote of a racist smdh
    not a problem when it's given to caucasians but it's discrimination when it's not.

LOL you definitely missed the point.

• anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thread's getting heated haha. Well I doubt this is something which is going to be "fixed". Can you imagine the patch update? "We fixed an issue of there being too many Asian Sims and Sims with Asian names in response to issues raised by some members of the community " ... Not going to happen. And to be honest it shouldn't really, because it sounds exclusionary and also isn't fair on non western players. There should be a fix for white Sims spawning with Asian names though. Also the pear shapes Sims. For the moment you can lessen the amount of extreme pear shapes Sims through mc command centre, haven't got round to doing it myself yet.
    Thread's getting heated haha. Well I doubt this is something which is going to be "fixed". Can you imagine the patch update? "We fixed an issue of there being too many Asian Sims and Sims with Asian names in response to issues raised by some members of the community " ... Not going to happen. And to be honest it shouldn't really, because it sounds exclusionary and also isn't fair on non western players. There should be a fix for white Sims spawning with Asian names though. Also the pear shapes Sims. You can lessen the amount of extreme pear shapes Sims through mc command centre though.

That was a funny post. Of course they would not fix it with these words included lol. I'm not a user of MCC and I'm not intenting to just because of too many Asian sims. I like to have multiculturism in my game. But not just of one kind. I think it's a job of EA to fix it to an even level.

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited April 2017
    If the face and name doesn't match i can see an issue... that can be annoying. However, too many non-white sims is something i simply can't see as an issue. There is a lot of colours in the world and I love to see them all in the game and there's nothing as "too many" of anything.
    And the names? Not being able to pronounce it? Is it that important? Pronounce it as you wish or look it up if it's important to you. Pronounciation is really only important when you go out in the real world and talk to real people - and i'm sure they'll let you know how to pronounce their name.

I think the OP meant foreign names.

And yes, I can understand that's it's important for people to be able to pronounce said names in their ENGLISH game.

Like I said before, I personally don't have a problem with it per say. I just wish it made sense with the physical attributes of the sims to really celebrate diversity, AND it was equal. I have at least 10 Takeshi(S) in my game. None of them remotely look Asian. I AM Asian and find this disturbing.
    meeoun wrote: »
    If the face and name doesn't match i can see an issue... that can be annoying. However, too many non-white sims is something i simply can't see as an issue. There is a lot of colours in the world and I love to see them all in the game and there's nothing as "too many" of anything.
    And the names? Not being able to pronounce it? Is it that important? Pronounce it as you wish or look it up if it's important to you. Pronounciation is really only important when you go out in the real world and talk to real people - and i'm sure they'll let you know how to pronounce their name.

I think the OP meant foreign names.

And yes, I can understand that's it's important for people to be able to pronounce said names in their ENGLISH game.

Like I said before, I personally don't have a problem with it per say. I just wish it made sense with the physical attributes of the sims to really celebrate diversity, AND it was equal. I have at least 10 Takeshi(S) in my game. None of them remotely look Asian. I AM Asian and find this disturbing.

Thank you!

• BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    @LuvMySimz what is tasteless about it is that i'm sure that your community has asian citizens / what you call foreign.
    So if they were born there or/and lived their whole life there in your community, then how are they still seen as foreign? It's alienizing to call someone foreign.. i know you weren't talking about citizens, but a foreign asian looks the same as an asian who's a citizen so there it is.

This is tasteless, especially because we're talking about a game not just played by your community, but by the whole world.

And please tell me how non-white is tasteless to say. i'm using that term, because it seems like you and a few others are upset that there's too many asians or dark skinned sims, aka. Not white.
    HV83B28.png
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    "I'm not racist but..." "Too many dark skinned/non white sims"

*rolls eyes*

LOL...Well, at least they didn't trot out the old "I have black/asian/latino friends" line. Although, I dunno, it's beginning to sounds as though "I'm ethnic, too" is the new "I have black/asian/latino friends."

BTW, funny how none of these "too many foreigners/Asian" people flipped out when GT started generating a lot of townies of clearly European background, with Swedish and Italian names.
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I have a problem with this, too. Not every sim neighborhood in the world is the same as a borough in Queens.

There is no "borough in Queens." Queens is a borough of NYC. And Asians don't just live in Flushing, Queens. They have entire neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Manhattan, too.
    EiFlric.png
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    I love diversity in the game. But I do feel the sims 4 has went overboard. The most frustrating thing about it is the game giving sims Asian names (quite often the same Asian name at that) to sims that are not Asian.

what exactly is overboard? Because I feel the same way with the lack of diversity
    Thread's getting heated haha. Well I doubt this is something which is going to be "fixed". Can you imagine the patch update? "We fixed an issue of there being too many Asian Sims and Sims with Asian names in response to issues raised by some members of the community " ... Not going to happen. And to be honest it shouldn't really, because it sounds exclusionary and also isn't fair on non western players. There should be a fix for white Sims spawning with Asian names though. Also the pear shapes Sims. You can lessen the amount of extreme pear shapes Sims through mc command centre though.

That was a funny post. Of course they would not fix it with these words included lol. I'm not a user of MCC and I'm not intenting to just because of too many Asian sims. I like to have multiculturism in my game. But not just of one kind. I think it's a job of EA to fix it to an even level.

Ah, you misunderstood me. I wasn't suggesting using mc command centre to reduce asain sims lol. Just pear shaped Sims, I.e the men which spawn with super skinny shoulders , wide hips and skinny legs. You can't use mc command centre to select skin tone/ facial features just body composition.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I come from an ethnic background and I too, find this annoying. I'm all for multiculturalism, however there needs to be a balance. My game literally never spawns Caucasian or Latina people anymore. Just Asian sims. They need to tone it down a little, and also if you're going to add cultural names, make sure you have enough, you can literally play "name snap" in household management because there are so many sims with the same names.
    I really don't know what an "ethnic" background is but what "IS" annoying is the lack of diversity.
    @meeoun well they did state that there's too many dark skinned at at least one point.. so it doesn't seem like it's just the names. :D
    HV83B28.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

Ah, you misunderstood me. I wasn't suggesting using mc command centre to reduce asain sims lol. Just pear shaped Sims, I.e the men which spawn with super skinny shoulders , wide hips and skinny legs. You can't use mc command centre to select skin tone/ facial features just body composition.

omg, that's a common thing!? I thought my game was just being stupid lol i play legacy and sooooo many of my male sims had that body shape. It looks soooo horrible. Still not gonna use the mod though :D but good to know.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    @LuvMySimz what is tasteless about it is that i'm sure that your community has asian citizens / what you call foreign.
    So if they were born there or/and lived their whole life there in your community, then how are they still seen as foreign? It's alienizing to call someone foreign.. i know you weren't talking about citizens, but a foreign asian looks the same as an asian who's a citizen so there it is.

This is tasteless, especially because we're talking about a game not just played by your community, but by the whole world.

And please tell me how non-white is tasteless to say. i'm using that term, because it seems like you and a few others are upset that there's too many asians or dark skinned sims, aka. Not white.

The term non-white just seems so.. ethnocentric. Like the standard is characterized as "white" and anything besides that just falls under the category of non.

I live in one of the most diverse cities. There is no problem calling someone foreign if you are not citizen here.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The only thing that bothers me is if I have like 5 sims with the same name. I like being able to remember each of my townies' by their first name at least, and it was hard trying to get to know the newly spawned sims.
    I remember having like 2 guys named Kengo Sasaki, and 3 other guys named Kengo. The name pool was definitely narrow, since Sasaki, Murakami, and Watanabe surnames along with Srinivasnan and Banerjee was on every single one. Nothing else.
    It was cute as a memory game for a while but I dragged them into CAS to change their names when more came. :(

...Funny thing about Kengo Sasaki is that it's my friend's actual name too LOL
    He joked about renaming everyone in my game "Kengo Sasaki" when I complained :joy:
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited April 2017
    I also hate this so I started making over all the game generated townies. I still have a mix of peoples but far more diverse than everyone being Asian or Indian and I have a lot more names common to the area I live.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I edit my townies. Most townie elders get deleted, especially newly generated ones. An exception to that might be if I notice that the townie elder is a talented Dine Out chef. Anyone who is just too much of a "hot mess" that I don't feel like editing gets deleted too. I also get rid of repetitive names. For a sim who is staying as Indian or Japanese, I'll come up with a new name for them. It often helps me to remember them and keeps the same name from showing up repeatedly.

I like diversity in my "Sim world". The place that I am playing is an interconnected melting pot. I like seeing the diversity in San Myshuno. I will admit that the game also generates townies like the ones described and they tend to get edited. I do keep a certain amount of them as Indian or Japanese but I add in other backgrounds as well. Most recently, I've added a Turkish family and a Somali woman, for example. Irish, English, French, Latin, Black and Jewish townies are also some that show up in my game. I'll probably get around to adding more. I just play around with a sim until they have a look that makes sense for them, whatever that is. I do try to have their names make sense too.

I do fashion and trait editing on nearly all townies that I keep in the game. I try to keep this location as a vibrant mix, but no, they aren't all like what the game auto-generates. I definitely do like the ability to create more diverse sims in this version of the game. In my rotation, there are a few different backgrounds represented. I didn't expressly look for those backgrounds. I just let the story develop as it wants to and I play with the characters who are factoring into the plot. I don't choose to play them because of their ethnicity, it's just interesting to have a back story. Their cultural thinking definitely does play into choices they make. Some are more traditional and some push back against their cultures. Salim Benali is someone who is pretty non-traditional, for example. Raj Rasoya is mostly traditional.

I do let each "world" or neighborhood as I think of them tend to reflect the real world influences that they are based on, though not strictly.

When I started playing the GTW detective career, the game generated the police station so that it was pretty much entirely Japanese. Everyone from the police chief to all of the criminals looked like they were in an episode of CSI: Tokyo. Since the game that I'm playing is not set in Japan, I went on an editing spree. I gave the police station more of a diverse "working class" feel. It fits the over all feel of my game and I like it a lot now.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Seriously guys stop with the passive aggressive race bs.
    Blargian wrote: »
    I love it :) Brings diversity to my cities.

And I'd also love to add that these "foreign" people aren't foreign to everyone. Some people (a lot) are Asian (I'm half) and it is nice to see a game with so many Asians in it. Especially spanning between South to East Asia.

I do not understand why this bothers so many people :/ I know you do not mean anything by it but it feels disheartening that so many people on this forum feel like having Asians in the game is a burden.

There's nothing to celebrate here. The studio's poor attempt of cultural immersion doesn't make any sense. It's appropriation of cultural names.

It's bothersome when you have a blonde headed dark skin sim with the name Takeshi Yokohama. Or a red head white skin sim with the name Dakar Akbar or Alyomama or whatever. It's ridiculous.

If the studio wants to celebrate cultural diversification, at least appropriate the physical characteristics of said group of people with the names. That's my issue with it.
    the white privilege is over the top

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+blonde+red+hair&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0u4eUqbjTAhVI8CYKHdI1BzoQ_AUIBigB&biw=1024&bih=516#tbm=isch&q=black+people+natural+blonde,+red+hair+blue+eyes

The term non-white just seems so.. ethnocentric. Like the standard is characterized as "white" and anything besides that just falls under the category of non.

I live in one of the most diverse cities. There is no problem calling someone foreign if you are not citizen here.

Same here, no problem in my City either with the "foreign" word. @Bambooram just taking this too personal I guess and trying to make up something.

And I'd also love to add that these "foreign" people aren't foreign to everyone. Some people (a lot) are Asian (I'm half) and it is nice to see a game with so many Asians in it. Especially spanning between South to East Asia.

I do not understand why this bothers so many people :/ I know you do not mean anything by it but it feels disheartening that so many people on this forum feel like having Asians in the game is a burden.

I guess you missunderstood the point here. I have nothing against Asians. The game just spawning too many! Simple and clear. And the names are not really names to me. As someone mentioned, they are hart to remember. And another point is that they all look the same.

I kinda think that they didn't missunderstand, I think you guys are blind to your racists white privilege thinking
    celeste821 wrote: »

There's nothing to celebrate here. The studio's poor attempt of cultural immersion doesn't make any sense. It's appropriation of cultural names.

It's bothersome when you have a blonde headed dark skin sim with the name Takeshi Yokohama. Or a red head white skin sim with the name Dakar Akbar or Alyomama or whatever. It's ridiculous.

If the studio wants to celebrate cultural diversification, at least appropriate the physical characteristics of said group of people with the names. That's my issue with it.
    the white privilege is over the top

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+blonde+red+hair&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0u4eUqbjTAhVI8CYKHdI1BzoQ_AUIBigB&biw=1024&bih=516#tbm=isch&q=black+people+natural+blonde,+red+hair+blue+eyes

Wth is this supposed to mean?
    Please explain.

Yeah, I mean I'm a black simmer, and even I think it's kind of odd, it seems to me to be a bug though, because I have 5 townie families with the name Wantabe in any given rotation, of varied races, and loads of white vampires spawning with the same Japanese surname (can't remember the spelling atm). Also all the men seem to be generated with a weird mixture of Asian eyes, blonde or ginger hair, and a pear shapes body , like really narrow shoulders and super wide child rearing hips. Not to mention if you have cc and you don't have Sims4studio to fix it, the townies always wear the strangest mix of clothes and/or cross dress. All since CL. Its just a mild annoyance for me though as I play rotationally so my world is mainly populated with my own Sims.

I play large families and my towns are mostly black but the thing that I did notice is wow they are not just populating white sims anymore, I liked it. But the lack of diversity for blacks is dismal
    edited April 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    "I'm not racist but..." "Too many dark skinned/non white sims"

*rolls eyes*

LOL...Well, at least they didn't trot out the old "I have black/asian/latino friends" line. Although, I dunno, it's beginning to sounds as though "I'm ethnic, too" is the new "I have black/asian/latino friends."

BTW, funny how none of these "too many foreigners/Asian" people flipped out when GT started generating a lot of townies of clearly European background, with Swedish and Italian names.
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I have a problem with this, too. Not every sim neighborhood in the world is the same as a borough in Queens.

There is no "borough in Queens." Queens is a borough of NYC. And Asians don't just live in Flushing, Queens. They have entire neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Manhattan, too.

Well, I don't know about the "I'm ethnic too" comment, I kind of take offence to the notion that I have to align with a certain way of thinking all the time because I'm a minority.

Interesting point about get together though, I didn't notice that. I think the issue for people isn't simply the presence of Asian Sims though, it's that the new townies being generated are almost exclusively Asian or white or black with Asian names... This thread is so going to get locked soon haha
    @meeoun @LuvMySimz
    Rofl. I'm not taking it personal, no worries.
    i know that people are called "foreign" but I also know that there's a lot of people who are called that even though they've lived in a place for their entire life... just because they're not a citizen - and i've heard them speak out about how they felt hurt about it. Foreign is a tasteless word imo.
    So just because there's no "problem in your city" it doesn't mean that people aren't hurt over it.
    And i don't really have a problem with the word foregin, tbh... but if you look back on what you've posted you've equated "foreign" with "asian" and "dark skinned". A foreigner is a person from another country... they can also be white. Cool? Cool.

This is really beside the point. What i want to conclude is that the world is diverse and this game is not just about where YOU come from, but the whole world.

Peace out.
    HV83B28.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top