Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most of Sims are of foreign origin since CL[solved] by uninstalling CL

LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
Ok. I'm starting a new discussion because I haven't found anything about this in the forums.

So, in my game every since CityLiving, my game generates LOTS of Foreign Sims mostly india and dark Sims.
I would even go so far and say that in my game I have like 90% of foreign Sims now.
And whenever I hire NPC's they're ALL foreigners with the oddest names and looks. Even the Butlers, Nanys, Gardeners, Restaurant workers, Bartenders and so forth are ALL of foreign origin.
Now I'm not a racist or anything like that, but it bothers me, because one one hand you could take it as a discrimination towards foreign people like in real life, but on the other hand I would like to see these jobs given to white caucasian Sims also like it was before, which would make it kinda even.
But no such thing since CL. And if you delete some of them, more will come LOL.

Is that just happening in my game or do you all experience the same thing in your game?

ETA: SOLVED BY UNINSTALLING CL
„ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

Post edited by LuvMySimz on

Comments

• WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I have this as well. It bothers me too. They went a little over the top with CL and I am always running into sims with names I can hardly pronounce and I don't remember them very well later. The names all tend to get confused in my head, because they aren't ones I'm used too.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I've noticed this too. I'm not a racist, but this bothers me. It's great that The Sims has some diversity now, but too much is too much 'cause every other sims is dark skinned and has an Asian or Indian name.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I love diversity in the game. But I do feel the sims 4 has went overboard. The most frustrating thing about it is the game giving sims Asian names (quite often the same Asian name at that) to sims that are not Asian.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I come from an ethnic background and I too, find this annoying. I'm all for multiculturalism, however there needs to be a balance. My game literally never spawns Caucasian or Latina people anymore. Just Asian sims. They need to tone it down a little, and also if you're going to add cultural names, make sure you have enough, you can literally play "name snap" in household management because there are so many sims with the same names.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Blargian wrote: »
    I love it :) Brings diversity to my cities.

And I'd also love to add that these "foreign" people aren't foreign to everyone. Some people (a lot) are Asian (I'm half) and it is nice to see a game with so many Asians in it. Especially spanning between South to East Asia.

I do not understand why this bothers so many people :/ I know you do not mean anything by it but it feels disheartening that so many people on this forum feel like having Asians in the game is a burden.

We don't feel like they are a burden, that's the wrong word. We just need less of them spawning in the game.
  • BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    @MrMonty96 I wasn't referring specifically to people in this thread just in case you thought so :) I was referring back to a thread that I was reading a while back. They said that they did not like unattractive townies and also stated in the same sentence that every townie was Asian. I feel like I am a bit bitter about this topic because of a lot of off-hand comments people have made about this topic.

Plus I think that it is isn't a bad thing if you can't pronounce someone's name! :p
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited April 2017

And I'd also love to add that these "foreign" people aren't foreign to everyone. Some people (a lot) are Asian (I'm half) and it is nice to see a game with so many Asians in it. Especially spanning between South to East Asia.

I do not understand why this bothers so many people :/ I know you do not mean anything by it but it feels disheartening that so many people on this forum feel like having Asians in the game is a burden.

There's nothing to celebrate here. The studio's poor attempt of cultural immersion doesn't make any sense. It's appropriation of cultural names.

It's bothersome when you have a blonde headed dark skin sim with the name Takeshi Yokohama. Or a red head white skin sim with the name Dakar Akbar or Alyomama or whatever. It's ridiculous.

If the studio wants to celebrate cultural diversification, at least appropriate the physical characteristics of said group of people with the names. That's my issue with it.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited April 2017

I guess you missunderstood the point here. I have nothing against Asians. The game just spawning too many! Simple and clear. And the names are not really names to me. As someone mentioned, they are hart to remember. And another point is that they all look the same.

• TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I like it and i hope they do it more often with future cities. The fewer basegame names the better. I just can't stand the normal names in the german version. They are just to bad and don't fit the game. I wish i could have the american ones. I literally can't interact with townies when they are called Ute Brandenburg or something like that because it sounds so ridiculous. I hope for more diversity with names in the future
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
    Yeah, I mean I'm a black simmer, and even I think it's kind of odd, it seems to me to be a bug though, because I have 5 townie families with the name Wantabe in any given rotation, of varied races, and loads of white vampires spawning with the same Japanese surname (can't remember the spelling atm). Also all the men seem to be generated with a weird mixture of Asian eyes, blonde or ginger hair, and a pear shapes body , like really narrow shoulders and super wide child rearing hips. Not to mention if you have cc and you don't have Sims4studio to fix it, the townies always wear the strangest mix of clothes and/or cross dress. All since CL. Its just a mild annoyance for me though as I play rotationally so my world is mainly populated with my own Sims.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I come from an ethnic background and I too, find this annoying. I'm all for multiculturalism, however there needs to be a balance. My game literally never spawns Caucasian or Latina people anymore. Just Asian sims. They need to tone it down a little, and also if you're going to add cultural names, make sure you have enough, you can literally play "name snap" in household management because there are so many sims with the same names.

Exactly what I'm saying. I'm half ungarian and half german and as I've said and without do respect, but too much is too much and we all who do not like to have their game overfloated with only Asians now have the right to say it. In my game every second Sims last name is "Assoui". Even some game generated Vampires. This is so crazy.

• I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    I have a problem with this, too. Not every sim neighborhood in the world is the same as a borough in Queens.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I like it and i hope they do it more often with future cities. The fewer basegame names the better. I just can't stand the normal names in the german version. They are just to bad and don't fit the game. I wish i could have the american ones. I literally can't interact with townies when they are called Ute Brandenburg or something like that because it sounds so ridiculous. I hope for more diversity with names in the future

I do understand what you're saying. But the main problem are not the names. You missed the point I guess.

• sallysimnamonsallysimnamon Posts: 81 Member
    I've learned to deal with it to be honest. It can get frustrating when there's two or more Sims with the same name because of the evidently small name pool (I had one in my game generate with the exact same name as one of the girls in my avatar because those two were originally random generations too) but I suppose I can always just use Manage Households to clear out the townies I don't fancy having in my town and salvage all the ones that I do with better matched outfits because nine times out of ten they end up wearing pieces of custom content I've downloaded and it can look ridiculous.

I just wish my game would generate some cute Asian young adult male Sims rather than the hideous pear-shaped elder ones. I'm a sucker for a cute Asian boy but I wouldn't even know where to start to create my own since I'm not Asian myself so I'm relying on my game to give me one. I can't fault the female Sims but I don't tend to keep all of them. It was a good start in regards to having diversity within the game but I hope it's something that can be improved in time.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    My game doesn't generate asian sims. What it does is creating sims with random skin tones, random eye- and hair colors and even more random clothes and then slaps asian names on them. That's not diversity, that's the name generator hiccupping.

snip..

...It was a good start in regards to having diversity within the game but I hope it's something that can be improved in time.

This! I hope so, too.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    This definitely has been discussed here :)

I don't like the foreign names. I don't care about how the sims look, but the names are annoying. I'm not familiar with the cultures most of the CL names come from and I don't feel like "getting to know" them through a computer game/only by their names is the right way to go.
    I like the general english names. I'm not from an english speaking country but at least I'm familiar with the language.
    The only thing I don't like in the game when it comes to asian sims is their eyes. I don't mind the eyes in CAS but in the live mode those slanted eyes just look closed. It's not an aesthetic, it's just a graphics thing. That's why I try to avoid asian sims. I'm getting a new laptop, maybe their eyes will look more open on that one.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    My game doesn't generate asian sims. What it does is creating sims with random skin tones, random eye- and hair colors and even more random clothes and then slaps asian names on them. That's not diversity, that's the name generator hiccupping.

...and slaps the same goatee beard on them, too LOL... Yeah let's say what EA thought would kinda look like asians, but you're right.

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt That's EXACTLY what my game does too and it's super annoying. I'm all for diverse names if the name matches the sim's appearance/nationality. Plus, I've also noticed the same issue with multiple families all with the same Asian last name like @anonmystery mentioned too. It's pretty obvious that something's wrong with the name generator and really hope to see some type of fix to correct this.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    This definitely has been discussed here :)

I don't like the foreign names. I don't care about how the sims look, but the names are annoying. I'm not familiar with the cultures most of the CL names come from and I don't feel like "getting to know" them through a computer game/only by their names is the right way to go.
    I like the general english names. I'm not from an english speaking country but at least I'm familiar with the language.
    The only thing I don't like in the game when it comes to asian sims is their eyes. I don't mind the eyes in CAS but in the live mode those slanted eyes just look closed. It's not an aesthetic, it's just a graphics thing. That's why I try to avoid asian sims. I'm getting a new laptop, maybe their eyes will look more open on that one.

Also, I have never really named my sims anything from my homecountry which culture is obviously the most known and close to me. I just like english names in the game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    If the face and name doesn't match i can see an issue... that can be annoying. However, too many non-white sims is something i simply can't see as an issue. There is a lot of colours in the world and I love to see them all in the game and there's nothing as "too many" of anything.
    And the names? Not being able to pronounce it? Is it that important? Pronounce it as you wish or look it up if it's important to you. Pronounciation is really only important when you go out in the real world and talk to real people - and i'm sure they'll let you know how to pronounce their name.

And please don't call it foreign... that's tasteless.
    HV83B28.png
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Ok. I'm starting a new discussion because I haven't found anything about this in the forums.

Now I'm not a racist or anything like that, but I would like to see these jobs given to white caucasian Sims also like it was before, which would make it kinda even.

classic quote of a racist smdh
    not a problem when it's given to caucasians but it's discrimination when it's not.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I've noticed this too. I'm not a racist, but this bothers me. It's great that The Sims has some diversity now, but too much is too much 'cause every other sims is dark skinned and has an Asian or Indian name.

classic smdh
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top