Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi, everyone! Haven't been on the Sims forums for a while. Life update, I guess? So... I guess this year was another year of falling down again. Depression came back again, for the second time, and I didn't have depression ever since about 3 years ago? Well, it came back to haunt me, including anxiety this school year. It's just been so hard for me. I think this is the most depressing I've ever been; 1st episode wasn't as bad as this. I went to a new school, and well, I guess all my classmates thought I was horrible in every single way, so they hated me and bullied the plum out of me, so here I am. All they wanted to do was destroy who I was. I tried reaching out for help in every single way I could⎯ Tried talking to my parents, but they just kept giving me the same advice, "Don't worry about it." which didn't help me at all. Then, I tried telling my teachers about it, but they claimed it "never happened" (they just failed to understand couldn't see what was happening to me), so that was no help either. I reached out to my cousin, one of the high school seniors who I knew well, but she was no help and didn't know what was going on and denied anything ever happened like that before (Again, no help.) Then lastly, I reached out to my guidance counselor, whom was also no help and was the biggest letdown of my life. I thought I could depend on my counselor to deal with the bullies, but NOTHING happened. She didn't do anything to solve my problems. She didn't talk it out with my bullies. So I was left with no help, no guidance, and no friends, just loneliness. She let me down, big time. She was the last help and even she couldn't help me? I couldn't make any friends this past year, I tried, but I couldn't. I know that it's okay to not have friends, but when you have no outlet, you just sort of.... burst. Explode. And I burst in front of my parents and everyone. Thing is, things were different this year.... More people hated me then ever, and I just didn't know why, even people whom I didn't even know. My parents and family could not know what was happening to me, and they still don't. I tried switching to online classes first thing when I knew that things were going to get bad and worse from there, so that happened, but it was just the same as I experienced in my normal classes. (How is it even possible to bully someone in an online class? Unbelievable) Now I'm here, homeschooled. Haven't started ever since I was declared homeschool. Haven't started ever since I talked to my principal. Haven't done anything since my uncle "supposedly promised" to get me a therapist, but there's no therapist. And there's still no help. I still have that one friend whom I kept mentioning, but he never talks to me because he's way too shy, and still is, and doesn't do much (I think it's kinda rude to not help a friend who has depression, but whatever) except calling through my mom and telling me what he said, which is harder than just communicating to me directly. I'm so demotivated to do anything. I feel like I'm at my weakest point. It's so depressing when I'm depressing, and then my family gets depressed when they can't do anything to help (Hello? Therapist?) All I did was run away from my problems, and now I'm here, at home, doing nothing. It's super super hard to get motivated to do anything if you've felt burned out ever since the beginning of the school year, was constantly surrounded by negative people all the time and rarely positive people, and no help. It's so hard. I'm fighting this battle myself, and I could feel like I could lose at any moment. So that's why I came back here to the forums to share this depressing story, and get some reassurance, because that's all I really need now. And no one else can assure me everything's okay and... I just feel like I'm about to break at any moment, that's how sad it is. i just hope, hope, hope, hope the life out of me that next year will be okay and not ridiculous as this. I just hope. That's all I can do. But I have no hope left for next semester, either.

I'm just gonna try to have some time to myself and just take care of myself bc that's what I really need to do? And have some fun, of course. Start doing things I used to have fun doing, so I'm gonna try to play some games and play the Sims 4 again.

Hello @Linds_the_kitty, I like your username :)

I just want to let you know you are not alone and I'm glad you came on the forums to let out your frustration. I too suffer from depression, have for a few years now. Was treated, but my meds made me worse and I attempted suicide so I am no longer taking them. I'm on natural herbal meds and they seem to be helping me a lot. I too have wanted to seek counseling, but unlike you I am terrified. My family is very religious and you know what they told me when they heard about my depression/mental illness? That I have demons inside. That did not help me whatsoever, it made me feel smaller and lonelier. So I understand why you just want to scream at everyone, at everything and at every direction because things are just spiraling down. While it may seem no one gets you or taking your request of seeing a therapist seriously, know someone in this giant world we call earth is feeling the same exact way as you. One of those someone is me. Back in my day there was no online classes, computers were still ancient rocks and I had to go to an adult school, got taken out of high school due to bullying. It was very rough for me because there were also bullies there too. There are bullies everywhere in life, we just have to treat them like an obstacle that we have to get over and move passed from. Now that I have lived a few more years, I realized these bullies were just preparing me for the real world. I have even ran into some of these bullies and they recognized me and a few even apologized. With anxiety I suffer from that too and all I can say is take deep breaths and try to clear your mind even if for a brief moment. I am still suffering with depression now in my adulthood, but with far different reasons now vs when I was your age. For me now it's grief, lost of my loved ones. The only way I can help is be here in the forums to listen to you. So type away and let your frustrations out. I'm here for you <3
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi, everyone! Haven't been on the Sims forums for a while. Life update, I guess? So... I guess this year was another year of falling down again. Depression came back again, for the second time, and I didn't have depression ever since about 3 years ago? Well, it came back to haunt me, including anxiety this school year. It's just been so hard for me. I think this is the most depressing I've ever been; 1st episode wasn't as bad as this. I went to a new school, and well, I guess all my classmates thought I was horrible in every single way, so they hated me and bullied the plum out of me, so here I am. All they wanted to do was destroy who I was. I tried reaching out for help in every single way I could⎯ Tried talking to my parents, but they just kept giving me the same advice, "Don't worry about it." which didn't help me at all. Then, I tried telling my teachers about it, but they claimed it "never happened" (they just failed to understand couldn't see what was happening to me), so that was no help either. I reached out to my cousin, one of the high school seniors who I knew well, but she was no help and didn't know what was going on and denied anything ever happened like that before (Again, no help.) Then lastly, I reached out to my guidance counselor, whom was also no help and was the biggest letdown of my life. I thought I could depend on my counselor to deal with the bullies, but NOTHING happened. She didn't do anything to solve my problems. She didn't talk it out with my bullies. So I was left with no help, no guidance, and no friends, just loneliness. She let me down, big time. She was the last help and even she couldn't help me? I couldn't make any friends this past year, I tried, but I couldn't. I know that it's okay to not have friends, but when you have no outlet, you just sort of.... burst. Explode. And I burst in front of my parents and everyone. Thing is, things were different this year.... More people hated me then ever, and I just didn't know why, even people whom I didn't even know. My parents and family could not know what was happening to me, and they still don't. I tried switching to online classes first thing when I knew that things were going to get bad and worse from there, so that happened, but it was just the same as I experienced in my normal classes. (How is it even possible to bully someone in an online class? Unbelievable) Now I'm here, homeschooled. Haven't started ever since I was declared homeschool. Haven't started ever since I talked to my principal. Haven't done anything since my uncle "supposedly promised" to get me a therapist, but there's no therapist. And there's still no help. I still have that one friend whom I kept mentioning, but he never talks to me because he's way too shy, and still is, and doesn't do much (I think it's kinda rude to not help a friend who has depression, but whatever) except calling through my mom and telling me what he said, which is harder than just communicating to me directly. I'm so demotivated to do anything. I feel like I'm at my weakest point. It's so depressing when I'm depressing, and then my family gets depressed when they can't do anything to help (Hello? Therapist?) All I did was run away from my problems, and now I'm here, at home, doing nothing. It's super super hard to get motivated to do anything if you've felt burned out ever since the beginning of the school year, was constantly surrounded by negative people all the time and rarely positive people, and no help. It's so hard. I'm fighting this battle myself, and I could feel like I could lose at any moment. So that's why I came back here to the forums to share this depressing story, and get some reassurance, because that's all I really need now. And no one else can assure me everything's okay and... I just feel like I'm about to break at any moment, that's how sad it is. i just hope, hope, hope, hope the life out of me that next year will be okay and not ridiculous as this. I just hope. That's all I can do. But I have no hope left for next semester, either.

I'm just gonna try to have some time to myself and just take care of myself bc that's what I really need to do? And have some fun, of course. Start doing things I used to have fun doing, so I'm gonna try to play some games and play the Sims 4 again.

@Linds_the_kitty
    I just read this. I read every word and I want you to know that you aren't alone. You have friends here. I'm glad you aren't being bullied now but I'm so sad to read what you went through. Bullying is horrible. I homeschooled my son. Bullying has only gotten worse since he was in school, but when he was even the teacher was bullying him. It was crazy. To not believe you or say "don't worry" must have felt really frustrating. I'm guessing they may not have really understood how bad it is.

I saw video on Netflix that really opened my eyes about how bad bullying has gotten. A Girl Like Her It's about a high school girl whose life is made a living hell by a former best friend.

So the good thing is you are home, and safe. These fearful, hateful people who hurt you aren't near. You have a way to take honors courses which is awesome. Marching band -- not for everyone. I was a total band nerd. If you love music you can definitely find great ways to learn from home. My son and I got really close during homeschooling. It was the best decision I ever made.

I'm heading for bed now but will check in with this thread tomorrow. Good night everyone.

<3
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    @Jazztizz You always know the right things to say, is why I declared you my official online girlfriend <3>:) And yes my love tell me about Rx-for-Healing, I am always looking for ways to naturally heal myself, every bit helps.

@mcrudd One last *BIG HUGS* before I hit the hay.

You guys my eyes are blood shot, not a single spot on my face is dry. I feel like this forum thread is healing a bit of my broken heart. Just know I we are here for you. And I know you guys are here for me too and for that I want to say thank you :)

Also @Jazztizz That netflix movie you are talking about is 'A Girl Like Her' loved that movie, check it out @Linds_the_kitty. May I also recommend my all time favorite 'Thirteen' with Evan Rachel Wood and Nikki Reed :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Veriona wrote: »
    @Jazztizz You always know the right things to say, is why I declared you my official online girlfriend <3>:) And yes my love tell me about Rx-for-Healing, I am always looking for ways to naturally heal myself, every bit helps.

@mcrudd One last *BIG HUGS* before I hit the hay.

You guys my eyes are blood shot, not a single spot on my face is dry. I feel like this forum thread is healing a bit of my broken heart. Just know I we are here for you. And I know you guys are here for me too and for that I want to say thank you :)

Hello @Veriona I send hugs to you <3 We are here for you, to caringly listen, offer support, and to help you in how you are feeling through your grief and depression. You are not alone in this world. You have much beauty within you. Thankyou for your caring kindness and empathy for others.
    Good night :)
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I have chronic depression. I'm on medication, but some days it just hits and hits hard. I've also been stressed do to work and personal issues I've kinda been ignoring. I'm kinda afriad for my health, I've been bleeding/spotting for 2 months. Its messing with my relationship. I can't get close do to the pain. I'm waiting on results and I'm scared that it's going to be bad. That I'm going to need surgery. I don't want to worry my fiancee with my fears. He's stressed too. Maybe that's why my depression is getting unbearable. I tend to hide in games when I'm feeling 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but the past two days I can't get motivated to get out of bed, let alone play a game. The doctor hasn't called, I have a follow up next week, but the supense is killing me. I wanna scream and cry, I'm worried that I might have cancer or some horrible disease. I called in sick these past two days because I'm not in the mental capacity to deal with the public, I'm afraid I'll yell at someone or just start crying. All I wanna do is sleep. No one but my fiancee knows my health issue, and he had to drag it out of me. I know keeping things bottled up is bad, but I feel like I'll burden him and I don't want to do that. I don't know what to do
    I have chronic depression. I'm on medication, but some days it just hits and hits hard. I've also been stressed do to work and personal issues I've kinda been ignoring. I'm kinda afriad for my health, I've been bleeding/spotting for 2 months. Its messing with my relationship. I can't get close do to the pain. I'm waiting on results and I'm scared that it's going to be bad. That I'm going to need surgery. I don't want to worry my fiancee with my fears. He's stressed too. Maybe that's why my depression is getting unbearable. I tend to hide in games when I'm feeling plum, but the past two days I can't get motivated to get out of bed, let alone play a game. The doctor hasn't called, I have a follow up next week, but the supense is killing me. I wanna scream and cry, I'm worried that I might have cancer or some horrible disease. I called in sick these past two days because I'm not in the mental capacity to deal with the public, I'm afraid I'll yell at someone or just start crying. All I wanna do is sleep. No one but my fiancee knows my health issue, and he had to drag it out of me. I know keeping things bottled up is bad, but I feel like I'll burden him and I don't want to do that. I don't know what to do

Hello @Misa_wants_Pepsi
    I send big gentle hugs to you <3 It is a very stressful and concerning time when waiting for results of medical tests. The uncertainties weigh upon are minds, and can cause us to fear the worst. It can also accentuate the effects of other health issues that we have. It is hard, but try to take how you are feeling day by day, hour by hour , step by step. You will have better hours and days, then not as good hours and days. Whilst waiting for the test results, it is so very hard i know, but try not to think about what the result may be in a fearful way , If the result is cancer or another disease, there will be caring medical staff to support you with your health and through the treatment you need. You will not be alone. You are not alone here in this thread. You have fellow simmers who will be thinking of you, caring about you, and supporting you through your health issues now that you have shared with is what you are going through in your life. I care about how you are feeling and what you are going through . Please talk over how you are feeling with your fiancée. He loves and cares about you. That is why he is your fiancée. You are both together to support each other through both good times and harder times. He would not think that you were burdening him.
    Please cry when you feel like it. It is a way of releasing how you are feeling inside. It will help you inside, and renew you, it can give you strength to face the day.
    I will keep you in my thoughts as you wait for the results. Please let us know how the results go. You are very welcome to post on this this thread anytime you need to.
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    @rosemow Thank you so Much. You're right, I should talk to my fiancee, I'm just being stupid. I lost my father to cancer, so the dark thoughts tend to center around that. I have a bad habbit of bottling my emotions up until they boil over. Thank you for the Kind thoughts and hugs. They are much appricated.
    I have chronic depression. I'm on medication, but some days it just hits and hits hard. I've also been stressed do to work and personal issues I've kinda been ignoring. I'm kinda afriad for my health, I've been bleeding/spotting for 2 months. Its messing with my relationship. I can't get close do to the pain. I'm waiting on results and I'm scared that it's going to be bad. That I'm going to need surgery. I don't want to worry my fiancee with my fears. He's stressed too. Maybe that's why my depression is getting unbearable. I tend to hide in games when I'm feeling plum, but the past two days I can't get motivated to get out of bed, let alone play a game. The doctor hasn't called, I have a follow up next week, but the supense is killing me. I wanna scream and cry, I'm worried that I might have cancer or some horrible disease. I called in sick these past two days because I'm not in the mental capacity to deal with the public, I'm afraid I'll yell at someone or just start crying. All I wanna do is sleep. No one but my fiancee knows my health issue, and he had to drag it out of me. I know keeping things bottled up is bad, but I feel like I'll burden him and I don't want to do that. I don't know what to do

Hello @Misa_wants_Pepsi, I like coke btw it taste better than pepsi :p I hope I made you smile a little with that :)

It is passed 2am but I saw your post and had to reply or it would keep me up tonight. I can relate to your depression and it's no fun even with medication, it just never fully goes away from us. If they are not calling you with your test results, do not hesitate to call them and see if they have any news for you or not. The worse they can say is they have no information to give you at this time. Your fiance sounds like my spouse, he always knows when something is wrong, even when it's just me hiding a snickers bar under my pillow :p Your fiance sounds like a keeper and so do you. Never keep things from him and those close to you, it's better you tell them and be upfront, and vise versa. I'm not sure of the full detail of your situation and I will keep you in my thoughts. I have lost too many of my loved ones to cancer so to read you type that word made me tear up. I can't tell you to think positive right now as I would be a hot mess too if I was in your shoes - I'm also a very impatient anxious person. I understand that lost of interest, I'm actually in that same spot right now. But the sims actually helped me get my mind off my depression a little and I have actually made some new friends who have listened to my problems. I want to extend that kindness they have bestowed me to you. I am here for you as a friend to listen whenever you just need to vent or talk about whatever is currently bothering you. We are all here for you. Keep us posted on your results. *BIG HUGS* that it's nothing serious.

So tired now, eyes hurt from all the crying I did reading some posts here. I hope to catch up on everyone's stories as I feel we are stars connecting to one another, helping the star next to us shine a little brighter <3

Gnite~
    To Everyone,
    M95HM.gif
    <3
    edited April 2017
    mcrudd wrote: »

@mcrudd I want to give you a *hug* and hope they can do the autopsy soon. I cannot imagine the stress this has caused you and others who are going through this same situation. I do not do social media so I am so very sorry I can not help in that way. I have similar issues regarding headaches turning into migraines, I hope your doctor can help you with that somehow. Happy birthday to your brother btw. I'm glad sims is here to help us all keep our mind busy even if for a brief moment, especially during emotional times. Again *hugs*, keeping you, everyone here and your families in my thoughts.

Thank you so much <3 Sims is an amazing outlet on difficult days.

@mcrudd I just realized my reply may have sounded insensitive as I haven't slept yet and was full face of tears reading things on this thread when I made that reply. I apologize. I can't go to sleep till I posted that apology. Gah I need to make sure not to post comments when my visions are blurred from tears. I misread your original post hence the insensitive confusion. Again, I am truly sorry.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd I just realized my reply may have sounded insensitive as I haven't slept yet and was full face of tears reading things on this thread when I made that reply. I apologize. I can't go to sleep till I posted that apology. Gah I need to make sure not to post comments when my visions are blurred from tears. I misread your original post hence the insensitive confusion. Again, I am truly sorry.

I did not see it as insensitive at all <3 Please don't feel bad :)

I did not see it as insensitive at all <3 Please don't feel bad :)

I was about to hop onto to bed as I am unable to sleep, it's close to 6am and going on zero sleep. Your reply put me at ease and I can sleep easy knowing I did not give you any further hurt. *hugs* <3

Have a great weekend everyone :)

I was about to hop onto to bed as I am unable to sleep, it's close to 6am and going on zero sleep. Your reply put me at ease and I can sleep easy knowing I did not give you any further hurt. *hugs* <3

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Aww wish I knew of your worry a bit earlier so I could put you at ease. I hope you get a nice sleep tonight, and have a lovely day tomorrow, we are all here for each other, goodnight <3

@mcrudd One last thing, if you ever need someone to talk I am here for you... even though I'm a little mental <3

Ok going to bed now... maybe.
    @mcrudd

COfyOx8.gif

Found you a better hug :) Ok done tagging and bothering you, nite nite.
    @Veriona this is for you <3
    U4VMxx1.png
    I am sick to my stomach, I just spent 3 hours talking to someone saying they know where my brother is. They said he was being kept in Saudi Arabia in a prison cell and that he is a very nice person, they went on telling me how they spoke to him and he mentioned me and asked them to please find me on facebook because he is sure I can help out, long story short he was a scam artist and used my missing person page to contact me and try and scam me to fly there and pay the police to release my brother, the cold case officer coached me on what to say and we caught him as being a scammer, but for a whole hour I had hope and now its all gone again, I can not believe that there is people out there like that, what kind of person does that ?????

x3pPxv4.jpg

It sickens me that people do that, the case officer said they get it a lot, I must just delete and block people like that :(
    aww just a quick note, if you are a friend on facebook or go on my brother's missing page on facebook, please do not mention any of this there, my mom is under a lot of stress with the autopsy not happening and my brother's birthday coming up, we all decided that she does not have to know about this since its just a scam and had no leads.
    I am sick to my stomach, I just spent 3 hours talking to someone saying they know where my brother is. They said he was being kept in Saudi Arabia in a prison cell and that he is a very nice person, they went on telling me how they spoke to him and he mentioned me and asked them to please find me on facebook because he is sure I can help out, long story short he was a scam artist and used my missing person page to contact me and try and scam me to fly there and pay the police to release my brother, the cold case officer coached me on what to say and we caught him as being a scammer, but for a whole hour I had hope and now its all gone again, I can not believe that there is people out there like that, what kind of person does that ?????

It sickens me that people do that, the case officer said they get it a lot, I must just delete and block people like that :(

I am so very , very sorry that this has happened to you @mcrudd :( It is just so very awful! He gave you false hope, and that is so uncaring and heartless. He was just doing it for the money, but the effect on you would leave you feeling quite knocked down as a result of him raising your hopes, then having them crash down,
    I send hugs to you <3

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Last winter I tried an work program for (at that time 18-25 but it got expended to 29) for people with Aspger's. I had two problems with the program 1) they didn't understand how ODSB (Ontario Disability Support Benefits) worked. With ODSB (Disability Income) you have to go though a lot of trouble to get onto ODSB and one of the thing is that you're NOT, and I repeat NOT able to work period. Also if you tried to work/find a job you can only work 4hrs/week or earned about $200/month before you're money got cut back and at some unknown amount the people working ODSB could remove you without warning from ODSB all together (so basically I would loose all my benefits, drugs). I only get about $800 for rent (living with my parents) but if I lived on my own i would get 1,000 but apartments in this place are over 1,000. So basically it's a Catch-44 ODSB doesn't want you to work when you're trying to get on it.. but after you get on it..it wants you to work but it penalises you at the same time. These people in this Employment Works program didn't understand that. Also My parents and I got an impression that this Employment works would actually you know HELP you get a job..but no the people want you to do it for 'homework' after each session..(two days a week, Tuesdays&Thursdays-Thursdays were the job shadowing ones). I also didn't like one of the 'games' we had to do and I tried to refuse to do it but I got forced to do it.
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Last winter I tried an work program for (at that time 18-25 but it got expended to 29) for people with Aspger's. I had two problems with the program 1) they didn't understand how ODSB (Ontario Disability Support Benefits) worked. With ODSB (Disability Income) you have to go though a lot of trouble to get onto ODSB and one of the thing is that you're NOT, and I repeat NOT able to work period. Also if you tried to work/find a job you can only work 4hrs/week or earned about $200/month before you're money got cut back and at some unknown amount the people working ODSB could remove you without warning from ODSB all together (so basically I would loose all my benefits, drugs). I only get about $800 for rent (living with my parents) but if I lived on my own i would get 1,000 but apartments in this place are over 1,000. So basically it's a Catch-44 ODSB doesn't want you to work when you're trying to get on it.. but after you get on it..it wants you to work but it penalises you at the same time. These people in this Employment Works program didn't understand that. Also My parents and I got an impression that this Employment works would actually you know HELP you get a job..but no the people want you to do it for 'homework' after each session..(two days a week, Tuesdays&Thursdays-Thursdays were the job shadowing ones). I also didn't like one of the 'games' we had to do and I tried to refuse to do it but I got forced to do it.

Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that the work program didn't work out for you. The skills that you learnt whilst doing the program may help you in the future. I hope that you may be able to find a job in the future that will suit you. Working will cause a reduction in the money that you receive from the support benefits, but you will enjoy doing the new type of work, and the money that you earn from the new job will make up for the reduced money received from the support benefits.
    I send hugs to you <3 and hope that you will find work that you will enjoy doing, and suits you and your health situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top