Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited April 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    My dad told me to shut up for no reason less then 5mins ago. My church is doing an experiment of sorts (to raise money to pay for the church roof upgrade we got last year) and this thing we're doing is "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" and we didn't know where we're going until I answered the phone when a person associated with the event called and wrote down the address. Dad was told TWO Days ago (well three days it was Tuesday) that We were NOT going to be getting a name ONLY an address by Mom. So I answered the phone and I wrote down the address and Dad came up and acted like a two year old and said "I thought we're going to get a name" and I was like "Mom told you two days ago that we wouldn't be getting a name!!" and he said "Shut up and I don't want to argue."

Hello,@MadaneLee.
    It may be best just to forget what just happened. Your Dad may have forgotten what yout Mother had earlier told him, and he felt a little frustrstred. He didn't mean to hurt you by what he said. It was only him expressing how he felt about the situation in general.
    Your parebts love you and care about you.

it's just he's constantly forgotting stuff... and this time he had NO reason for him to tell me to shut up. Most of the time when he tells me to shut up he does have a reason (because I'm being a plum) but this time HE was the one being a plum.

Hello
    He may be going through a stressful time in his life, and when under pressure, it can sometimes cause people to forget things. It would be beneficial for you to try to encourage him to see his doctor. His doctor can check him over and rule out any underling health issues. He could also,talk over any other problems that he may have, that he doesn't want to cause your mother and yourself to be worried about by telling you.
    He does love you .
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I been trying (but its hard) to actually act like a grown-up despite's the times Dad and I have fights. And not having big fits over something little.. but anyway someone else needs to talk.. I hogged this too long as it is
    6adMCGP.gif
    I been trying (but its hard) to actually act like a grown-up despite's the times Dad and I have fights. And not having big fits over something little.. but anyway someone else needs to talk.. I hogged this too long as it is

Hello
    Try to take each day at a time. Although you and your dad may sometimes have fights, underneath it all, you both love each other, and he does care about you. Try having him see his doctor like I suggested. It would be helpful and beneficial for him to be checked over, and any health issues can then be picked up and treated.
  • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member

@MadameLee ameLee

Well Rose is the host of this thread, but as far as I'm concerned when you need to talk you need to talk. I don't think you've hogged this thread at all.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    Jazztizz wrote: »

@MadameLee ameLee

Well Rose is the host of this thread, but as far as I'm concerned when you need to talk you need to talk. I don't think you've hogged this thread at all.

Hello @MadameLee
    You and everyone are very welcome to post here any time you would like to. You haven't hogged the thread at all. You were feeling upset about what has been happening in your family, and it is often helpful to talk things over with other people.
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi, everyone! Haven't been on the Sims forums for a while. Life update, I guess? So... I guess this year was another year of falling down again. Depression came back again, for the second time, and I didn't have depression ever since about 3 years ago? Well, it came back to haunt me, including anxiety this school year. It's just been so hard for me. I think this is the most depressing I've ever been; 1st episode wasn't as bad as this. I went to a new school, and well, I guess all my classmates thought I was horrible in every single way, so they hated me and bullied the crap out of me, so here I am. All they wanted to do was destroy who I was. I tried reaching out for help in every single way I could⎯ Tried talking to my parents, but they just kept giving me the same advice, "Don't worry about it." which didn't help me at all. Then, I tried telling my teachers about it, but they claimed it "never happened" (they just failed to understand couldn't see what was happening to me), so that was no help either. I reached out to my cousin, one of the high school seniors who I knew well, but she was no help and didn't know what was going on and denied anything ever happened like that before (Again, no help.) Then lastly, I reached out to my guidance counselor, whom was also no help and was the biggest letdown of my life. I thought I could depend on my counselor to deal with the bullies, but NOTHING happened. She didn't do anything to solve my problems. She didn't talk it out with my bullies. So I was left with no help, no guidance, and no friends, just loneliness. She let me down, big time. She was the last help and even she couldn't help me? I couldn't make any friends this past year, I tried, but I couldn't. I know that it's okay to not have friends, but when you have no outlet, you just sort of.... burst. Explode. And I burst in front of my parents and everyone. Thing is, things were different this year.... More people hated me then ever, and I just didn't know why, even people whom I didn't even know. My parents and family could not know what was happening to me, and they still don't. I tried switching to online classes first thing when I knew that things were going to get bad and worse from there, so that happened, but it was just the same as I experienced in my normal classes. (How is it even possible to bully someone in an online class? Unbelievable) Now I'm here, homeschooled. Haven't started ever since I was declared homeschool. Haven't started ever since I talked to my principal. Haven't done anything since my uncle "supposedly promised" to get me a therapist, but there's no therapist. And there's still no help. I still have that one friend whom I kept mentioning, but he never talks to me because he's way too shy, and still is, and doesn't do much (I think it's kinda rude to not help a friend who has depression, but whatever) except calling through my mom and telling me what he said, which is harder than just communicating to me directly. I'm so demotivated to do anything. I feel like I'm at my weakest point. It's so depressing when I'm depressing, and then my family gets depressed when they can't do anything to help (Hello? Therapist?) All I did was run away from my problems, and now I'm here, at home, doing nothing. It's super super hard to get motivated to do anything if you've felt burned out ever since the beginning of the school year, was constantly surrounded by negative people all the time and rarely positive people, and no help. It's so hard. I'm fighting this battle myself, and I could feel like I could lose at any moment. So that's why I came back here to the forums to share this depressing story, and get some reassurance, because that's all I really need now. And no one else can assure me everything's okay and... I just feel like I'm about to break at any moment, that's how sad it is. i just hope, hope, hope, hope the life out of me that next year will be okay and not ridiculous as this. I just hope. That's all I can do. But I have no hope left for next semester, either.

I'm just gonna try to have some time to myself and just take care of myself bc that's what I really need to do? And have some fun, of course. Start doing things I used to have fun doing, so I'm gonna try to play some games and play the Sims 4 again.
  • Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
    Oh, also, Marching Band was the worst decision of my life haha. Bad experience with bad people and immaturity. And... Since I got myself homeschooled in the middle of this second semester.... Technically, in Band, I quit. :smiley: I figured out that taking Honors classes have annoying classmates, thus I'm gonna try to take 2 AP classes next year.
    Hi, everyone! Haven't been on the Sims forums for a while. Life update, I guess? So... I guess this year was another year of falling down again. Depression came back again, for the second time, and I didn't have depression ever since about 3 years ago? Well, it came back to haunt me, including anxiety this school year. It's just been so hard for me. I think this is the most depressing I've ever been; 1st episode wasn't as bad as this. I went to a new school, and well, I guess all my classmates thought I was horrible in every single way, so they hated me and bullied the plum out of me, so here I am. All they wanted to do was destroy who I was. I tried reaching out for help in every single way I could⎯ Tried talking to my parents, but they just kept giving me the same advice, "Don't worry about it." which didn't help me at all. Then, I tried telling my teachers about it, but they claimed it "never happened" (they just failed to understand couldn't see what was happening to me), so that was no help either. I reached out to my cousin, one of the high school seniors who I knew well, but she was no help and didn't know what was going on and denied anything ever happened like that before (Again, no help.) Then lastly, I reached out to my guidance counselor, whom was also no help and was the biggest letdown of my life. I thought I could depend on my counselor to deal with the bullies, but NOTHING happened. She didn't do anything to solve my problems. She didn't talk it out with my bullies. So I was left with no help, no guidance, and no friends, just loneliness. She let me down, big time. She was the last help and even she couldn't help me? I couldn't make any friends this past year, I tried, but I couldn't. I know that it's okay to not have friends, but when you have no outlet, you just sort of.... burst. Explode. And I burst in front of my parents and everyone. Thing is, things were different this year.... More people hated me then ever, and I just didn't know why, even people whom I didn't even know. My parents and family could not know what was happening to me, and they still don't. I tried switching to online classes first thing when I knew that things were going to get bad and worse from there, so that happened, but it was just the same as I experienced in my normal classes. (How is it even possible to bully someone in an online class? Unbelievable) Now I'm here, homeschooled. Haven't started ever since I was declared homeschool. Haven't started ever since I talked to my principal. Haven't done anything since my uncle "supposedly promised" to get me a therapist, but there's no therapist. And there's still no help. I still have that one friend whom I kept mentioning, but he never talks to me because he's way too shy, and still is, and doesn't do much (I think it's kinda rude to not help a friend who has depression, but whatever) except calling through my mom and telling me what he said, which is harder than just communicating to me directly. I'm so demotivated to do anything. I feel like I'm at my weakest point. It's so depressing when I'm depressing, and then my family gets depressed when they can't do anything to help (Hello? Therapist?) All I did was run away from my problems, and now I'm here, at home, doing nothing. It's super super hard to get motivated to do anything if you've felt burned out ever since the beginning of the school year, was constantly surrounded by negative people all the time and rarely positive people, and no help. It's so hard. I'm fighting this battle myself, and I could feel like I could lose at any moment. So that's why I came back here to the forums to share this depressing story, and get some reassurance, because that's all I really need now. And no one else can assure me everything's okay and... I just feel like I'm about to break at any moment, that's how sad it is. i just hope, hope, hope, hope the life out of me that next year will be okay and not ridiculous as this. I just hope. That's all I can do. But I have no hope left for next semester, either.

I'm just gonna try to have some time to myself and just take care of myself bc that's what I really need to do? And have some fun, of course. Start doing things I used to have fun doing, so I'm gonna try to play some games and play the Sims 4 again.

Hello @Linds_the_kitty
    I send lots of big hugs to you <3 I am so sorry that you are going through this awful time of depression. It is so tiring on your mind and body when depression seems to overwhelm your life. I wish I could take away the pain you feel now, the depressive thoughts. and all the times that you have been hurt this year. I can't do that but will keep you in my thoughts in all that you are feeling as you endure through the depression. The main thing to try to keep remembering is that you are so very special <3 You are uniquely you, a beautiful person with so much value and so much worth. It may be hard for you to see it now, but there will be sunshine ahead, it is just darkish clouds now, awaiting the sunshine in the horizon. People don't hate you. Sometimes they may say things that you find are hurtful. It is hard to ignore this when it happens, particularly when feeling tired. It is these people that will later regret what they have said. It would be very beneficial for you to seek a therapist yourself. Try going to your normal doctor and ask if he/she could refer you to a therapist or a psychologist. You need to have someone to talk about how you are feeling , that you feel comfortable with. I am so sorry that the other avenues of help have left you feeling let down. It would be best to find a therapist through your local doctor who can take into account your own personal situation and advise you which therapist , counsellor or psychologist would be best suited for you.
    Other things that are very important are to make sure that you are eating each of the main meals in the day. You need to keep your food and nutritional levels up, to counteract the effects of depression on your mind and body.
    You need to also get sufficient sleep. Our body and mind heals and renews itself whilst asleep, so it important to have this restorative sleeping time. Sleeping gives us energy to face the new day.
    Whilst at the doctors , it would also be very beneficial for him/her to give you a physical check up to see any underlying health issues that may be a cause of /a factor in the depression.
    I send more hugs to you <3 I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    I finally had the guts to click this thread link which was suggested to me by a new friend I made here on the forums @Jazztizz. I am tearing up as I write this out of fear as I have not gone to any type of grief counselor/group, but just talking to family and close friends, and most recently 2 new friends I made here on the forums. I am having a very hard time dealing with the lost of my dad, brother, friend and recently my first and cat whom I've had for 12 beautiful years (he passed away in December of last year 2016, 3 days before Chrustmas). Their passing has put my life on pause and I have such a hard time moving on and seeing the brighter things in life. Often times, I go on the sims forums and see a clique of simmers always replying to one another and I am completely ignored so I feel even more alone. I have even abandoned my previous online games and gamer friends as I never felt comfortable telling them the details of my depression. I have attempted suicide and almost succeeded if it wasn't for my spouse saving me by rushing me to hospital.

I just wish some simmers knew that everything on the forum is not a competition. That sometimes some of us are just as a good a builder/cas as they are and that we use the sims as a stress reliever and as a mild escape to keep our mind at ease. I often times have felt the community just outright hates me for no reason, but mainly because I too dislike myself. I know the world isn't made of daisies and roses, but sometimes I feel there are simmers who lack empathy and it saddens me.

I have only read a few of your posts and I need to take a mental break as like I said I'm in tears with some of the things posted here and just wanted to share my own thoughts and give a virtual hug to everyone here.

Thank you for reading.
    I know I'm just a nobody here, but I just want those who feels much like I do that you are not alone <3
    edited April 2017
    Hi, everyone! Haven't been on the Sims forums for a while. Life update, I guess? So... I guess this year was another year of falling down again. Depression came back again, for the second time, and I didn't have depression ever since about 3 years ago? Well, it came back to haunt me, including anxiety this school year. It's just been so hard for me. I think this is the most depressing I've ever been; 1st episode wasn't as bad as this. I went to a new school, and well, I guess all my classmates thought I was horrible in every single way, so they hated me and bullied the plum out of me, so here I am. All they wanted to do was destroy who I was. I tried reaching out for help in every single way I could⎯ Tried talking to my parents, but they just kept giving me the same advice, "Don't worry about it." which didn't help me at all. Then, I tried telling my teachers about it, but they claimed it "never happened" (they just failed to understand couldn't see what was happening to me), so that was no help either. I reached out to my cousin, one of the high school seniors who I knew well, but she was no help and didn't know what was going on and denied anything ever happened like that before (Again, no help.) Then lastly, I reached out to my guidance counselor, whom was also no help and was the biggest letdown of my life. I thought I could depend on my counselor to deal with the bullies, but NOTHING happened. She didn't do anything to solve my problems. She didn't talk it out with my bullies. So I was left with no help, no guidance, and no friends, just loneliness. She let me down, big time. She was the last help and even she couldn't help me? I couldn't make any friends this past year, I tried, but I couldn't. I know that it's okay to not have friends, but when you have no outlet, you just sort of.... burst. Explode. And I burst in front of my parents and everyone. Thing is, things were different this year.... More people hated me then ever, and I just didn't know why, even people whom I didn't even know. My parents and family could not know what was happening to me, and they still don't. I tried switching to online classes first thing when I knew that things were going to get bad and worse from there, so that happened, but it was just the same as I experienced in my normal classes. (How is it even possible to bully someone in an online class? Unbelievable) Now I'm here, homeschooled. Haven't started ever since I was declared homeschool. Haven't started ever since I talked to my principal. Haven't done anything since my uncle "supposedly promised" to get me a therapist, but there's no therapist. And there's still no help. I still have that one friend whom I kept mentioning, but he never talks to me because he's way too shy, and still is, and doesn't do much (I think it's kinda rude to not help a friend who has depression, but whatever) except calling through my mom and telling me what he said, which is harder than just communicating to me directly. I'm so demotivated to do anything. I feel like I'm at my weakest point. It's so depressing when I'm depressing, and then my family gets depressed when they can't do anything to help (Hello? Therapist?) All I did was run away from my problems, and now I'm here, at home, doing nothing. It's super super hard to get motivated to do anything if you've felt burned out ever since the beginning of the school year, was constantly surrounded by negative people all the time and rarely positive people, and no help. It's so hard. I'm fighting this battle myself, and I could feel like I could lose at any moment. So that's why I came back here to the forums to share this depressing story, and get some reassurance, because that's all I really need now. And no one else can assure me everything's okay and... I just feel like I'm about to break at any moment, that's how sad it is. i just hope, hope, hope, hope the life out of me that next year will be okay and not ridiculous as this. I just hope. That's all I can do. But I have no hope left for next semester, either.

@Linds_the_kitty I'm sorry you're having issues. I only recently became self-aware that I have more or less the beginning of depression myself (Mom had said it months ago in a fit of anger that she thought I had it due to my moods). I also know what's its like being bullied I was bullied in late elementary school (Gr.7&8) and through my first two years (out of 4) of high school. But with me-I even got bullied by the Vice Principals

@rosemow thanks for starting a new thread like this because the previous thread by Sielntwolf or something got deleted?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited April 2017
    Veriona wrote: »
    I finally had the guts to click this thread link which was suggested to me by a new friend I made here on the forums @Jazztizz. I am tearing up as I write this out of fear as I have not gone to any type of grief counselor/group, but just talking to family and close friends, and most recently 2 new friends I made here on the forums. I am having a very hard time dealing with the lost of my dad, brother, friend and recently my first and cat whom I've had for 12 beautiful years (he passed away in December of last year 2016, 3 days before Chrustmas). Their passing has put my life on pause and I have such a hard time moving on and seeing the brighter things in life. Often times, I go on the sims forums and see a clique of simmers always replying to one another and I am completely ignored so I feel even more alone. I have even abandoned my previous online games and gamer friends as I never felt comfortable telling them the details of my depression. I have attempted suicide and almost succeeded if it wasn't for my spouse saving me by rushing me to hospital.

I just wish some simmers knew that everything on the forum is not a competition. That sometimes some of us are just as a good a builder/cas as they are and that we use the sims as a stress reliever and as a mild escape to keep our mind at ease. I often times have felt the community just outright hates me for no reason, but mainly because I too dislike myself. I know the world isn't made of daisies and roses, but sometimes I feel there are simmers who lack empathy and it saddens me.

I have only read a few of your posts and I need to take a mental break as like I said I'm in tears with some of the things posted here and just wanted to share my own thoughts and give a virtual hug to everyone here.

Thank you for reading.
    I know I'm just a nobody here, but I just want those who feels much like I do that you are not alone <3

@Veriona We all feel alone sometimes..all my friends are all over the place and I feel jealous for two reasons most of my friends (Except for 1) and my female cousins (except for maybe the 1 female one) 1) They have all lived on their own for a long time and 2)They have an "other" if you know what I mean by that. Due to the fact I'm on ODSB (Disability Income) I can't move out (with or without a job) but that's a rant for another day. I can save it for tomorrow if anyone cares to listen er read about the Ontario's Disability income problem and the plum I had to put up with when last winter I tried to do..a program(?) of sorts geared towards Aspger's YAs
    6adMCGP.gif

Thank you for reading.

@Veriona We all feel alone sometimes..all my friends are all over the place and I feel jealous for two reasons most of my friends (Except for 1) and my female cousins (except for maybe the 1 female one) 1) They have all lived on their own for a long time and 2)They have an "other" if you know what I mean by that. Due to the fact I'm on ODSB (Disability Income) I can't move out (with or without a job) but that's a rant for another day. I can save it for tomorrow if anyone cares to listen er read about the Ontario's Disability income problem and the plum I had to put up with when last winter I tried to do..a program(?) of sorts geared towards Aspger's YAs

Hello, thank you for taking time to read my post, I was really scared (still am) posting that little piece of myself on a public forum. The feeling of loneliness I have is within my heart and soul, no longer being with my loved ones kills me. I know there are people in far worse situation and that is why I am also depress, the world and this existence can sometimes be so cruel and unfair. I am sorry you were bullied *hugs* I was too when I moved to the states, having an accent I was picked on plus my English was not very good. I OD on anti-depressant meds, I no longer take them for that reason, it messed me up more than helped me. I care to listen, even though I get emotional reading some of the things posted here. I'm glad there is a group of simmers who can come together and talk like this. So thank you.

Thank you for reading.

Hello @Veriona I send hugs to you <3 You are definitely not a nobody. You are a very special person who has much value and worth, and has her own uniquely special qualities and talents that are your own.
    You have needed to endure through much sadness and grief with the passing away of your father, brother, a friend and now your much loved cat, This takes a toll on your heart. I wish I could make a chain of gentle flower petals to wrap around your heart, to accompany you as you walk through the ongoing grief that you have. Please cry when you need to. Crying and weeping allows us to express how we are feeling deep down inside when there are no words that speak of how we feel. It is a part of the healing process.
    Going to see a counsellor would be very beneficial. They would caringly provide a listening ear and provide you with the support that you need. It would be good for you to.eiither see your local doctor and see if he/she could suggest a counsellor to see or you could seek out a counsellor yourself. It would be opportunity for you to talk over how you are feeling and gain caring support, as you walk through this part of your life,
    I send more hugs to you <3

Thank you for reading.

Hello, thank you for taking time to read my post, I was really scared (still am) posting that little piece of myself on a public forum. The feeling of loneliness I have is within my heart and soul, no longer being with my loved ones kills me. I know there are people in far worse situation and that is why I am also depress, the world and this existence can sometimes be so cruel and unfair. I am sorry you were bullied *hugs* I was too when I moved to the states, having an accent I was picked on plus my English was not very good. I OD on anti-depressant meds, I no longer take them for that reason, it messed me up more than helped me. I care to listen, even though I get emotional reading some of the things posted here. I'm glad there is a group of simmers who can come together and talk like this. So thank you.

I have a tendency to do this on my FB page for my some of my RPing Hogwarts Online "friends" (one who actually contacted me and the other one who didn't but when I notice the writer was feeling down so I talked with her through our posts on her oringal comment) I also have Mental Health First Aid training so when I saw the latter friend having some problems..I immediately jumped in to talk..with the writer

6adMCGP.gif
    Thank you @rosemow *hugs*
    I send hugs to you @MadameLee <3 with all that you are going through in your life. It is not easy for you as you live with your health issues and their effects on your life day by day, Through it all, you have special empathy for other people who also are going through hard times. You are a caring and kind person .

Thank you for reading.

I have a tendency to do this on my FB page for my some of my RPing Hogwarts Online "friends" (one who actually contacted me and the other one who didn't but when I notice the writer was feeling down so I talked with her through our posts on her oringal comment) I also have Mental Health First Aid training so when I saw the latter friend having some problems..I immediately jumped in to talk..with the writer

It's great you lend your ears to friends online. I have talked the ears off my rl friends and feel scared of telling them anymore about my depression. I will have to read this entire thread little by little every night from now on before I go to bed. It's very brave for you all to share your stories and it's what gave me the strength to share mine.
    Thank you @rosemow *hugs*

You are very welcome to post here in this thread anytime you would like to @Veriona . We are here to caringly listen. When you are hurting inside, it touches our heart too. I can understand that it was a big step for you to open up here about yourself.
    I send hugs to you @MadameLee <3 with all that you are going through in your life. It is not easy for you as you live with your health issues and their effects on your life day by day, Through it all, you have special empathy for other people who also are going through hard times. You are a caring and kind person .

I'm only realised I'm able to have empathy because I read a lot (stories in books-((I hope to write one-I have three books in the work-the one I'm doing research on right now-Sleeping Beauty&the Dark Curse, another which I'm saving for National Novel Writing Month, and a non-fiction book)), and also newspapers-well one particular one which my parents and I trust and it's been a great help getting our governments (Federal/Provincial/City) actually doing stuff. Whenever there's are news stories of POCs (I say that because there's various shades of non-white/non-Asians even though technically one Asian country could have POC-my 1 Cousin's boyfriend is POC because his family is from India) or about disabled people being treats as less as equals (more so the POCs) I recently started tell people to go pick up Lee's To Kill a Mocking Bird (which i actually finished reading on Monday/Tuesday night)

Tomorrow after I get up I might rant about Ontario's Disability Income and a (not related to it) program which for me was plum.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I understand completely. My son was officially missing a year as of March 2nd too. They now have his case on NAMus.org. My heart went out to you to read further updates and every hair on my body stood on end since we recently went through exactly the same thing. They found a body in Philly. Because we have dental records, we didn't have the agonizing wait. Do you have any news? I am following this thread now but please send me a direct message any time if you want to talk. I'm here for you.
    @Mcrudd PS I visited and commented on your Facebook page and shared Eugene's photo. I have a lot of friends in Europe and the UK and some have already begun sharing the poster.

<3. Tizz

Thanks so much I saw your post and reacted to it, sorry its a bit late but my brother's birthday is coming up the 28th April and I am extremely emotional and just tend to stay offline in times like this, rather keeping busy at home with puzzles and sims at the moment than going on social networks. It is horrifying, we are still waiting for results, they have not done the autopsy cause they are striking (typical south africa for you) so no work will be done until they are happy and stop striking. Cops said they can't do anything until the autopsy is done so now we wait even longer. I have another drs appointment because I have permanent headaches that change to migraines every now and then because my neck muscles are in a constant spasm from stress, I am hoping she can give me a muscle relaxant. I just want a good night's sleep and no headaches. Anyways if you sent me a fb invite I probably cancelled it if we had no friends mutual, so now that I know who you are you can sent one again, I get so many friend invites a day because of the missing page, but I only accept ones with mutual friends.
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I understand completely. My son was officially missing a year as of March 2nd too. They now have his case on NAMus.org. My heart went out to you to read further updates and every hair on my body stood on end since we recently went through exactly the same thing. They found a body in Philly. Because we have dental records, we didn't have the agonizing wait. Do you have any news? I am following this thread now but please send me a direct message any time if you want to talk. I'm here for you.
    @Mcrudd PS I visited and commented on your Facebook page and shared Eugene's photo. I have a lot of friends in Europe and the UK and some have already begun sharing the poster.

<3. Tizz

Thanks so much I saw your post and reacted to it, sorry its a bit late but my brother's birthday is coming up the 28th April and I am extremely emotional and just tend to stay offline in times like this, rather keeping busy at home with puzzles and sims at the moment than going on social networks. It is horrifying, we are still waiting for results, they have not done the autopsy cause they are striking (typical south africa for you) so no work will be done until they are happy and stop striking. Cops said they can't do anything until the autopsy is done so now we wait even longer. I have another drs appointment because I have permanent headaches that change to migraines every now and then because my neck muscles are in a constant spasm from stress, I am hoping she can give me a muscle relaxant. I just want a good night's sleep and no headaches. Anyways if you sent me a fb invite I probably cancelled it if we had no friends mutual, so now that I know who you are you can sent one again, I get so many friend invites a day because of the missing page, but I only accept ones with mutual friends.

Hello @mcrudd
    It is a hard time for you with the approaching of your brother's birthday. You are hurting inside every day, and when particular days such as birthdays, anniversaries or Christmas comes, the pain accentuates. It brings back a flood of memories of past times spent with your brother on these occasions.
    I am sorry that the autopsy hasn't been done yet. The wait would be causing you anxiety, with the uncertainty of the results . I hope that the striking may soon cease, and the autopsy can then be performed.
    I hope that your doctor will be able to help with treatment of your neck, and that it may bring some relief for you from your headaches and migraines,
    I send hugs to you <3
    edited April 2017
    @mcrudd I didn't send you an invite. I am rarely on FB but if you like I will, or we can talk privately here or anywhere. I just want you to know you're not alone.

I know what you mean about birthdays. I uploaded about 10 things on the gallery on Ben's (Feb 21st) just trying not to think about him. The neck thing hits me too. I thought you were UK sorry. I will correct that on my page.

Really understand the push back from police. It really depends on the person. NAMus.org has been so great about helping to liaison with the police here. The woman who is working on my case and the medical examiner here in Delaware are angels and have been so great. Do you have anyone helping you to as a go-between with officials?

I'm so sorry to read that you still don't have news. That is rough. Remember to be really good to yourself. You deserve TLC right now. Say "no" to as much as you can unless it will recharge you.

I will be praying you get good news. I know you won't be able to take a deep breath until the news is conclusive. *hugs* Please keep us updated.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    mcrudd wrote: »

<3. Tizz

@mcrudd I want to give you a *hug* and hope they can do the autopsy soon. I cannot imagine the stress this has caused you and others who are going through this same situation. I do not do social media so I am so very sorry I can not help in that way. I have similar issues regarding headaches turning into migraines, I hope your doctor can help you with that somehow. Happy birthday to your brother btw. I'm glad sims is here to help us all keep our mind busy even if for a brief moment, especially during emotional times. Again *hugs*, keeping you, everyone here and your families in my thoughts.
    edited April 2017

I just realized you posted here @Veriona . This is a very welcoming thread. No surprise it's hosted by @Rosemow. <3 I'm so glad you posted. When you go through that much hurt, it really helps to be connected.

There will always be haters, but that in no way reflects on you. It only says volumes about them. ← I need to remember this too because I have often felt that way. It's the reason I started Rx-for-Healing years ago -- I needed a way to stop destroying myself and become my own best friend. It worked. If you are interested I can tell you more about it.

Give yourself time. You can't fill others from an empty cup no matter how much you want to. You sound like a really compassionate and kind person. Turn that bright and loving beam on you right now until things are less raw.
    Thank you for reading.

You are one of the most creative and interesting people I've met since I came here. I have so enjoyed our conversations -- far from "nobody." *gentle nudge*

I agree about this thread. It feels really good to be heard and believed. As I wrote to you in a private message, I love people and feel a deep need to be understood and liked, probably because I was not believed or heard for most of my formative years.

I'm really happy we're connected now. {{{ @Veriona }}}

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hello @mcrudd
    It is a hard time for you with the approaching of your brother's birthday. You are hurting inside every day, and when particular days such as birthdays, anniversaries or Christmas comes, the pain accentuates. It brings back a flood of memories of past times spent with your brother on these occasions.
    I am sorry that the autopsy hasn't been done yet. The wait would be causing you anxiety, with the uncertainty of the results . I hope that the striking may soon cease, and the autopsy can then be performed.
    I hope that your doctor will be able to help with treatment of your neck, and that it may bring some relief for you from your headaches and migraines,
    I send hugs to you <3

From what I can gather they are striking because they want the president of South africa, President Zuma to resign, because apparently south africa's money is on its way to junkstatus because of the political issues. I am afraid that they don't care much for anything but what they want, so that strike might continue for months more :( Thanks for all your lovely support it means a lot to me <3

@mcrudd I didn't send you an invite. I am rarely on FB but if you like I will, or we can talk privately here or anywhere. I just want you to know you're not alone.

I know what you mean about birthdays. I uploaded about 10 things on the gallery on Ben's (Feb 21st) just trying not to think about him. The neck thing hits me too. I thought you were UK sorry. I will correct that on my page.

Really understand the push back from police. It really depends on the person. NAMus.org has been so great about helping to liaison with the police here. The woman who is working on my case and the medical examiner here in Delaware are angels and have been so great. Do you have anyone helping you to as a go-between with officials?

I'm so sorry to read that you still don't have news. That is rough. Remember to be really good to yourself. You deserve TLC right now. Say "no" to as much as you can unless it will recharge you.

I will be praying you get good news. I know you won't be able to take a deep breath until the news is conclusive. *hugs* Please keep us updated.

I am in New Zealand, been here for almost 13 years now, my brother lived in our home country which is South Africa that is where he went missing. There is a lot of political dramas happening there at the moment so we just need to wait it out and hopefully soon we will get a yes or no about the body. I have a cold case officer which is in daily contact with me and updating me on what is going on, however even he is not happy with how the case is going, the lack of interest is as shocking and frustrating for him as it is for our family :( Thank you for your support, you are welcome to sent an invite if you want too, I just was not sure if I accidently deleted you before I knew who you were. Will keep you all updated <3

@mcrudd I want to give you a *hug* and hope they can do the autopsy soon. I cannot imagine the stress this has caused you and others who are going through this same situation. I do not do social media so I am so very sorry I can not help in that way. I have similar issues regarding headaches turning into migraines, I hope your doctor can help you with that somehow. Happy birthday to your brother btw. I'm glad sims is here to help us all keep our mind busy even if for a brief moment, especially during emotional times. Again *hugs*, keeping you, everyone here and your families in my thoughts.

Thank you so much <3 Sims is an amazing outlet on difficult days.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top