Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help - mod won't show up in game!

Hiya,

Hope I'm posting in the right spot here. So, I don't typically use mods or cc. I have 1 mod installed, the "wicked woohoo" mod LOL which I installed last week and it works fine!

I am trying to install the pregnancy mega mod (v4) from modthesims and I must be doing something wrong...

I download the file, save it to my desktop. Then I double click (NOT extract) the zipped folder. It opens up to 1 zip file and 1 package file. I drag them both into my "mods" folder under my documents/electronic arts/the sims 4/mods or whatever. Right where my files are for the other mod.

When I open the game, the new mods show up on my little list of mods. The one shows up at the top, and the .zip one shows up down under "script mods" or whatever right underneath the wicked woohoo script one.

I have script mods enabled in my game (I had to enable them for my other mod to work).

I tried removing the wicked woohoo files incase there was some kind of conflict, but either way, nothing in my actual game shows up. I have a pregnant sim in one of my files so I opened up the game, had her selected, tried clicking on her, shift+clicking her, clicking the floor... wicked woohoo is the only thing that I see mod-wise. Can't find a thing about this pregnancy mod!

I gave up and deleted the files, trying a different pregnancy mod (I think it's called scan and reseed) and had the same issue, so it must be me...

Can anyone help? I watched 2 different youtube videos of people demonstrating the installation on this exact mod and I did exactly what they did...

I use windows 8 if that makes a difference...

Thanks so much guys!!!! sorry for being so clueless about technology! lol xoxo

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member

Thank you for letting me know! I feel better knowing it wasn't me! Haha.
  • CentralSimmer210CentralSimmer210 Posts: 9 New Member
    I have been trying to have CC for a long time now, and I watched how people do it online with a Mac but no matter what I pick, they never show up. I have the scripted mods and allow cc check as on on my options but none of it works. Whenever I download something it always comes in a .package form. I put it in my Mods folder and nothing happens. Can anyone help? I really want to use CC and at this point its becoming very frustrating.
    I have been trying to have CC for a long time now, and I watched how people do it online with a Mac but no matter what I pick, they never show up. I have the scripted mods and allow cc check as on on my options but none of it works. Whenever I download something it always comes in a .package form. I put it in my Mods folder and nothing happens. Can anyone help? I really want to use CC and at this point its becoming very frustrating.

Are you taking the .package files out of the .zip or .rar files? Restarting after you add the CC? It's on game startup that the game 'sees' new files in Mods. Also, the game will not recognize Sims 3 files (but they are also called .package), and some older CC is no longer compatible with the game code.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    No when they are downloaded they are already in .package form. I have never had .rar files. I have restarted the game after I added the CC. I always make sure that the cc is for the Sims 4
    No when they are downloaded they are already in .package form. I have never had .rar files. I have restarted the game after I added the CC. I always make sure that the cc is for the Sims 4

Ok. There's a chance none of the CC you've happened to choose is game-compatible, or that some of it conflicts with other pieces of it. Have you tried adding one at a time? And it's not showing in CAS?
    Yes I have tried adding it one at a time and it still isnt showing in CAS. It's odd because it works on other's game.
    Does it require for it to stay as a .zip? Because if so I can see if it's my computer automatically opening it.
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Have you gone into your game options and clicked the enable both mods and script files?
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Yes I have tried adding it one at a time and it still isnt showing in CAS. It's odd because it works on other's game.

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then launch the game, play for a little while, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your cc from your old mods folder into the new mods folder and see if that may help the cc to appear. Don't put the cc into sub folders when testing.
    lilonesub wrote: »
    Have you gone into your game options and clicked the enable both mods and script files?

Yes I have
    Does it require for it to stay as a .zip? Because if so I can see if it's my computer automatically opening it.

No, you have to take the files out of the .zip folder and put the .package files in Mods.

No, you have to take the files out of the .zip folder and put the .package files in Mods.

That's what I thought. It's still not working for me. Idk y but 9.5 out of 10 times technology and stuff like this never wants to cooperate with me XD
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then launch the game, play for a little while, and a new mods folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then put your cc from your old mods folder into the new mods folder and see if that may help the cc to appear. Don't put the cc into sub folders when testing.

I will definitely try that out. If it doesn't work then I won't be too bummed, I just want to have more variety with CAS because I have most of the packs an expansions, but it does get dull after awhile with the same content.

Hello

I will definitely try that out. If it doesn't work then I won't be too bummed, I just want to have more variety with CAS because I have most of the packs an expansions, but it does get dull after awhile with the same content.

I hope that it helps. If you still have issues, try downloading cc from a different site and test to see if that cc appears.
    Hello this isn't a Mod problem but I do not know what happened. Today my Origin updated and I went to play on my runaway teen challenge and ALL of my created sims and buildings (besides the ones I uploaded on the Gallery) disappeared from my library. The tutorial also started to play as if I just started playing, even though I have been playing for a long time now. And all of my saves are gone. Is this a glitch? Is there a way to get my sims back or am I just outta luck? Because I worked hard on these sims and buildings forever and it is kind of sad that my sims and buildings are now just...gone.

Thanks for the help.
    Hello this isn't a Mod problem but I do not know what happened. Today my Origin updated and I went to play on my runaway teen challenge and ALL of my created sims and buildings (besides the ones I uploaded on the Gallery) disappeared from my library. The tutorial also started to play as if I just started playing, even though I have been playing for a long time now. And all of my saves are gone. Is this a glitch? Is there a way to get my sims back or am I just outta luck? Because I worked hard on these sims and buildings forever and it is kind of sad that my sims and buildings are now just...gone.

Thanks for the help.

Hello @CentralSimmer210
    Are your save game files in your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder ?
    > @rosemow said:
    > CentralSimmer210 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello this isn't a Mod problem but I do not know what happened. Today my Origin updated and I went to play on my runaway teen challenge and ALL of my created sims and buildings (besides the ones I uploaded on the Gallery) disappeared from my library. The tutorial also started to play as if I just started playing, even though I have been playing for a long time now. And all of my saves are gone. Is this a glitch? Is there a way to get my sims back or am I just outta luck? Because I worked hard on these sims and buildings forever and it is kind of sad that my sims and buildings are now just...gone.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CentralSimmer210
    > Are your save game files in your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder ?

Yes @rosemow they are saved as slot_(bunch of numbers).save
    > @rosemow said:
    > CentralSimmer210 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello this isn't a Mod problem but I do not know what happened. Today my Origin updated and I went to play on my runaway teen challenge and ALL of my created sims and buildings (besides the ones I uploaded on the Gallery) disappeared from my library. The tutorial also started to play as if I just started playing, even though I have been playing for a long time now. And all of my saves are gone. Is this a glitch? Is there a way to get my sims back or am I just outta luck? Because I worked hard on these sims and buildings forever and it is kind of sad that my sims and buildings are now just...gone.
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CentralSimmer210
    > Are your save game files in your documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder ?

Yes @rosemow they are saved as slot_(bunch of numbers).save

Hello.
    Try doing what is suggested in this link article and see if that helps.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/
  • Deja22Deja22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I need help installing my Sims 4 mod
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Hi @Deja22 here are some helpful instructions for installing Mods and CC:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/mods-cc.php
  • kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member

Hello

Not working:((

Hello

Not working:((

Hello @kitty29041985
    Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. The package files then go into the mods folder.
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Try downloading cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current cc from, and see if that appears.
  • EchocazEchocaz Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi all,

I'm trying to get brittpinkie's Harry Potter Mod to work. I extracted all the package files, moved them into my mods folder and checked the "Enable Custom Content" and "Enable Script Mods" (or whatever that second one is) in the options. They all appear in the popup like they're supposed to, but they don't actually exist in the game.

I've read so many instruction guides and watched videos and everything and I honestly can't work out where I've gone wrong. The mod was updated recently to account for the new Cats & Dogs patch, and my game is up to date.

Any thoughts...?
    Echocaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm trying to get brittpinkie's Harry Potter Mod to work. I extracted all the package files, moved them into my mods folder and checked the "Enable Custom Content" and "Enable Script Mods" (or whatever that second one is) in the options. They all appear in the popup like they're supposed to, but they don't actually exist in the game.

I've read so many instruction guides and watched videos and everything and I honestly can't work out where I've gone wrong. The mod was updated recently to account for the new Cats & Dogs patch, and my game is up to date.

Any thoughts...?

Hello
    I am just checking that you downloaded the updated version at this website and not at the original website
    https://konansock.tumblr.com/post/167305407113/brittanys-mods-fixed