Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 004 - Rules

Comments

• KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 Grats on the new computer - it's always nice to get one of those.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Karise Thanks so much and I'm very happy with it and all the extra time on my hands :)

I'm up to date with @AllieMac 's story and this is as far as I go as I don't want any spoilers for the next house. However I should be getting there soon enough as I have time to play. I am missing some pictures so I might be speeding through Harry's story when I get to writing it.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I'm about to catch up on this thread but I have been slowed down with catching up due to the fact that I have a brand new computer. I still play Sims 3 and installing all the store content takes a couple of days. I was able to transfer Harry's save file to the new computer so my challenge is still on track however I think I did lose some pictures. Ok time to get caught up with all the house 4 stories.

Brand new computer's always nice!!! I had 2 re-install all my Sims 3 stuff once...I do NOT envy u 1 bit! 0_0
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @Piazzagirl1015 congrats on the new computer!!
  • AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Just stopping in to say Hi! I hope everyone is doing well. Things have finally settled back down to normal for me and I hope to be able to work on Dace's story tonight. I've gotten the painting projects completed and am waiting til summer before I start painting my master bedroom, the upstairs has been de-cluttered, the lease on the car has been changed to buy it outright, the house re-finance is in the final stages, and the storm damage we suffered (3 days before before the house appraisal for the refinance) has all been repaired. The only thing I have left is to get a roof inspector out here and then meet with the bankers to finalize our cheaper mortgage. Oh and our trip to Virginia Beach was wonderful! We got back last night and are all taking it easy today. I hope to make some progress on Dace's story tonight after dinner, but it's been so long and I have no memory of what I was originally going to write. Hopefully now that I've taken a break and all of my projects are mostly completed the creative juices will start flowing again! Wish me luck!!

Congrats on the new computer @Piazzagirl1015! I look forward to reading your story. :)
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    Well I managed to get something written...

DEAR DUSK

In response to Dusk’s letter

Dear Dusk,

I was so touched when I received your letter. My mother really valued her friendship with you and spoke of you often. It’s been hard accepting that she’s no longer with us, but hearing from her oldest friend makes me feel connected to her in some way.

Dace finally answers his mail... 4. Dear Dusk

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac Glad to know that life is settling down for you and you're getting things organised the way you want. The letter to Dusk was lovely and it's a great tradition to continue.
    @Alliemac, welcome back! Sounds like life is settling down for you.
    It's good to hear from Dace again! Nice letter.
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @AllieMac It's so good to see you and Dace back!
    @AllieMac Soooo glad things r starting 2 calm down in your neck of the woods again! I was pleasantly surprised 2 c ya!! =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Aww thanks for all the encourgement @Karise, @Illusie, @misfit091376, and @Vihisha! It's been a bit of a struggle getting into the groove with Dace, but I think I finally locked into him enough to be able to start writing on a regular basis again. I'm still dealing with the refinance nightmare for my house though. Thanks to that monster storm we had, I'm having trouble finding anyone to sign off on the condition of our roof. The rate is locked in until May 1st, and I can't even find an inspector to hire, much less one that will complete his report before the deadline. Ugh. So before I go digging for phone numbers again, I thought I'd drop off...

THE LEARNING CURVE
    Pd5v6k1.jpg?1
    Bright and early one morning, as Dace painstakingly goes about his business, his younger sister arrives for a surprise visit.

Dory visits Dace at the lab in... 5. The Learning Curve

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac Oh dear, poor Dace but I'm sure things will improve for him soon.
    @alliemac, My sims mom visited her at the lab. It's great that Dory showed up! But poor Dace! I hope he will soon start to like his job more!
    Good luck with the roof and refinancing.
    New YouTube content added!
    -UK Simmer ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCimXIr3H_FOnj0woDloU86w
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thank you everyone about the new computer. I have everything all set up now and I have written the next 2 updates to Harry's story but I'm not posting them until he finishes his goals just in case I have to start over again.

@AllieMac It sounds like you have been very busy with the house and that life is settling down a bit now. I'm so happy to see that Dace has returned and I am all caught up on his story.

New YouTube content has been added! =)
    -Harrie ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFW9jpFdNXdnlA6fZX3CrMA
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Piazzagirl1015 smart of you to wait until Harry finished all goals.
    edited May 2017
    Well I finally got the next chapter written for Dace. I've been having a hard time getting into this one. But I'm hoping that I've finally tapped into Dace enough that I can start posting again on a semi-regular basis.

THE SHRIEKING LLAMA
    9KyIwYU.jpg
    Dace: “Hi, Reiko.”
    Reiko: “Hey, Dace. Does Dr. Stine still have you collecting minerals?”
    Dace sighs: “Yeah.”
    Reiko: “Hang in there. He’ll lighten up eventually.”
    Dace: “I sure hope so.” (biting into a sandwich) “Well, I better go water the plants.”
    Reiko: “Hey. A bunch of us are heading to The Shrieking Llama for Alien Night after work. Why don’t you join us?”

Join Dace at...
    6. The Shrieking Llama

7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
    @AllieMac Nice to see a new chapter for Dace and hopefully you've found a "voice" that works for you.
    @AllieMac, great to see you are writing chapters again for Dace! Glad you have found his "voice"
    edited May 2017
    @AllieMac Its good to see Dace back and I loved the update :)

@illusie Yep it was best that I did wait because he did indeed finish all his goals for this house :) Finally this house took me the longest but I'm just waiting for my heir to become a young adult now. :)

I do have an update to post today:

KNj60Q.png

I'm also moving on to House 5 thread as I will be starting to play it soon and I'm getting caught up on the house 5 stories I missed.
    @Piazzagirl1015 Looks like work is going well at least. I'm sure that soon Dace will have the necessary funds to get what he needs at home.
    I do have an update to post today:
    I'm also moving on to House 5 thread as I will be starting to play it soon and I'm getting caught up on the house 5 stories I missed.
    Nice 2 c ya!! & sounds like a plan, my friend =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Karise Harry is just going through that poor stage right of passage they all go through now but he does come out of it soon enough. He did settle into work nicely which helps.

@Vishisha Thanks :) Its good to be back here posting updates again.

Another update today:

@Piazzagirl1015 Congrats on the promotions, marriage and little one. Skyla's a lovely name and very cute.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top