Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    I've been a busy bee the last few days, but I did decide to be Murky plant. WOW that is difficult! anyone else find they can't sleep in the tent as a plant? With a day and a half left as a plant, Minky Rivers has officially completed the starter challange with 25k simoleons in her pocket! She decided quickly to sell anything under 25 out of her inventory, and use the table for the rest. She spent only 5 days, towards the beginning of the challange, in Granite Falls. Which was awesome as it is the first time I've actually taken a sim there!

Minky is thinking to let this whole plant thing wear off before starting the writer side challenge, but I'm pretty sure she's already pondering what she's gunna write. I'd post a pic of her as a plant but... well little ways to go before I can do things like that. She's adorable as plant like most sims. Oh she really wanted you to see her as a plant sim when she got all foamed up on the slide on one of her wash days, the foam took quite a while to get off her. I thought it was funny but I think she's happy I forgot to take a screenshot... :)
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    @simluvr Welcome to Murkland! Be sure to share a link if you're writing a story!

@Brennachan You're very welcome. Wish I could do more to thank you for all the pleasure your challenge has given me.

@minkydpain
    Congratulations on completing the Starter Challenge!
    If you've uploaded your images to an image hosting service like imgur.com or Photobucket, you could post your image links here as text strings and other Murklanders would be happy to re-post your text strings as image links so they can be shared in this thread. :)
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    Good morning fellow Murklanders!
    I have one more silly chapter this week! Don't judge me!

Chapter 1.11 Forbidden Fruit

OswinXF.jpg
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Simluvur wrote: »
    I am totally going to start this Murkland challenge. I know I'm going to have so much fun with it, it will give me a bit of a break from the "Get To Work" side of things for awhile(don't get me wrong I love the Get to Work life style) but this challenge has now grabbed my full attention...and this time I'll make sure I won't put Bipolar II trait on my simself(even though I have it in real life). Though...I'm sure playing Murkland Challenge as a enraged ghost(that's how I died twice...because of a cardiac arrest due to anger...I basically died because of anger..."enragment") would be fun...I rather be able to maybe have children? :)

YOU ARE HERE :):):)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    @minkydpain congrats on completing the starter challenge. I still have such a long way to go. Your ending funds are very impressive :smile:

Welcome to everybody else who just started the challenge. Oh and especially thank you @Shizu9no1 for linking to my blog on here. How nice of you to do that :smile:
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    minkydpain wrote: »
    I've been a busy bee the last few days, but I did decide to be Murky plant. WOW that is difficult! anyone else find they can't sleep in the tent as a plant? With a day and a half left as a plant, Minky Rivers has officially completed the starter challange with 25k simoleons in her pocket! She decided quickly to sell anything under 25 out of her inventory, and use the table for the rest. She spent only 5 days, towards the beginning of the challange, in Granite Falls. Which was awesome as it is the first time I've actually taken a sim there!

Minky is thinking to let this whole plant thing wear off before starting the writer side challenge, but I'm pretty sure she's already pondering what she's gunna write. I'd post a pic of her as a plant but... well little ways to go before I can do things like that. She's adorable as plant like most sims. Oh she really wanted you to see her as a plant sim when she got all foamed up on the slide on one of her wash days, the foam took quite a while to get off her. I thought it was funny but I think she's happy I forgot to take a screenshot... :)

Minky, my plant sims could not sleep in the tent either, the weird thing was he could nap in a tent or any where just fine... so he took naps all night long :smiley:
  • Options
    loved your new update Shizu! I think I am going to have to start sending some of my rocks to the GEO center too. Sure wish I had thought of that, it would have saved me some time :wink:
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    @Brennachan
    Going through this thread, I've found some new stories/videos that could be added to your Links on page 1 of this thread.
    I've PMed you this information because I can't figure out how to post Youtube links without the video embedding in my post...

Murky Bloggers
    Post-Apocalyptic Murkland Challenge by @Asaoyoru : https://stardustdropletstories.wordpress.com/2017/04/14/first-blog-post/
    Miss Fit's Post-Apocalyptic Adventures in Murkland by @misfit091376 : https://misfitsims1.wordpress.com/murkland-starter/

Murky Youtubers
    @anchesenamon (Anchesenamon Sims): link
    @solvorsh (sunny simming) : link
    @Spacey72659 (Spacey Sims): link

To everyone:
    If I've missed your link and you'd like your blog or Youtube channel to be added to the Links, I'd suggest that you send Brennachan a PM.
    With so many new posts everyday, I'm not confident of catching new links! :)

Thank you!
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi, I've been doing the Murkland Challenge for 3 days and I've already got all my plants but 1 going. I've made about 2000 total. My simself has a necklace on for all her outfits. I haven't made him yet, but I imagine my sim's boyfriend gave it to her before they lost each other in the chaos of the dawning apocalypse, because he gave me one in real life because it looked like the one he put on his sim of me. I love being a murklander, I love your challenge. BTW Brennachan your sim was the first to welcome me into town, I felt welcome to the challenge.

@KittenFists2003 I'm so glad my sim welcomed you in Murkland! Did she bring that gross fruit cake? I love your idea of the necklace! Great backstory!
  • Options
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    Good morning fellow Murklanders!
    I have one more silly chapter this week! Don't judge me!

Chapter 1.11 Forbidden Fruit

OswinXF.jpg

@Shizu9no1 -- that story made me giggle! Wonderful!
  • Options
    minkydpain wrote: »

It's difficult to keep watered since you have to go off of your lot to do get watered.

I can't wait to see the books you make for the side challenge!

• Options
    masajo wrote: »
    How lovely @KittenFists2003 about the necklace :) I've been playing about 3 days too and thoroughly enjoying this awesome challenge so thank you @Brennachan :) My simself is surviving but has fallen for Rex Turbo Pumpkin and getting nowhere as he is so unflirty :D

@masajo -- your sim fell for a difficult sim but then again, most sims in Murkland are a bit difficult! :)
  • Options
    crissylp89crissylp89 Posts: 35 Member
    @EuphorialQueen thanks for the FB link! I couldn't find it and kinda figured it was a close/private group. Definitely joining :)

@Brennachan , and everyone else, thanks for always responding to people, really makes me feel like part of the community <3

@Shizu9no1 I did see the library side challenge but I tend to get ahead of myself and once I know there is a 2nd challenge I can't wait to see what it is :D Thanks for the info though!
  • Options
    @lisabee2 thanks!! I've also been anxious to post a challenge mashup I have been doing...so close! I love needless chatting. How is your nothing? Mine is fabulous! :lol:
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @crissylp89 Oops (again ... seem to be doing a lot of "oops" lately :lol: )
    I forget that the FB page is a closed group. Both @Brennachan and I are on FB under our forum names here. Mine is Euphorial Queen (with a space) on FB instead of @EuphorialQueen like it is ... well .. everywhere :)
  • Options
    misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    @Shizu9no1 Thanks for linking to my blog :)
  • Options
    SimluvurSimluvur Posts: 17 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @Shizuko87 -- I will add the links tomorrow morning! Thank you for all of the info! You rock!

@Simluvur -- YAY! Welcome to the land of murkiness! Have fun! Woot! Woot!

<3 Thank you! <3
  • Options
    Cmarieg971Cmarieg971 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi I'm Tweed! ( my mother and I share a sims account. ) I'm going to be trying to do a version of this challenge with the base game ( and hopefully City Living if I get it for my birthday next week. ) and i'm very excited. I took your suggestion and used a version of my sim self for the challenge. I made Shabby little Shacks that look like poorly renovated park restrooms to replace tents and the like. Here's what I designed for your challenge!

tumblr_oos2xhR5M31w8en91o1_540.png
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    04-21-10.jpg

Buttons is ready to start challenge 1 :)

She has already whipped out her phone and started playing a game :/ I have a feeling she is going to be a problem!

Link to Buttons in Murkland
  • Options
    04-21-10.jpg

Buttons is ready to start challenge 1 :)

She has already whipped out her phone and started playing a game :/ I have a feeling she is going to be a problem!

Link to Buttons in Murkland

LOL sounds like you are gonna have your hands full with Buttons! Welcome to Murkland :smiley:
  • Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    oh man - as a huge fallout fan i've had my eye on this for a while - so glad i found the thread! :) i definitely want to start this up, maybe once i finish my legacy (or come close to finishing). it looks super fun and there are so many cool builds! <3
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options
    @BUTTONSGINGER I'm having the same problem lol. If you use MC Command Center I know you can stop that under the stop annoying actions section.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @crissylp89 great tip on MC Command Center.
    I have resisted using mods in Sims 4 to this point. Glad this one exists if I ever decide to use one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top