Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims 2 lovers still play sims 4?? Ok there ya happy!

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    I plan on buying the complete collection of TS2 (minus free time and apartment life because I have a MAC...which plum) TONIGHT! I am over TS4. I am over it. I have bought all of the EP's and all but one of the GP's and it still doesn't satisfy me. I was playing TS3 for a while but it is pretty slow in comparison to TS4 but even still its more enjoyable. TS4 just doesnt have enough depth for me. It is too easy and too repetitive and childish in comparison to its predecessors. But i LOVE The Sims in general and I want to get that love for the game back so I am going backwards to TS2 until TS4 comes correct or even a new type or Sims game by diff creators comes out. Smh.

I hear you. I'm curious about TS3 but not enough to go through Origin to get it. But I have no interest in TS4. I love TS2 and I always will. There's just so much you can do with it.

Btw, what does "Smh" mean? Was that a typo?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I plan on buying the complete collection of TS2 (minus free time and apartment life because I have a MAC...which plum) TONIGHT! I am over TS4. I am over it. I have bought all of the EP's and all but one of the GP's and it still doesn't satisfy me. I was playing TS3 for a while but it is pretty slow in comparison to TS4 but even still its more enjoyable. TS4 just doesnt have enough depth for me. It is too easy and too repetitive and childish in comparison to its predecessors. But i LOVE The Sims in general and I want to get that love for the game back so I am going backwards to TS2 until TS4 comes correct or even a new type or Sims game by diff creators comes out. Smh.

I hear you. I'm curious about TS3 but not enough to go through Origin to get it. But I have no interest in TS4. I love TS2 and I always will. There's just so much you can do with it.

Shake My Head
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Sims2 is my absolute favorite of the series! It does everything right, at least the everything I look for. Can actually tell stories with a proper screenshot manager, flawless integration of CC, BodyShop with all its unlimited potential, sims that actually look different from one another & that you can fine tune, even after making them, medieval content, wide variety of buy/build mode options, great flexibility in building... The list is seemingly endless. Oh, yes, players actually have control! No vampire townies breaking into your sims' homes to attack them, you decide how many of them. No sims living their lives without you - save a household, and they stay put until you go there again.

Have played Sims from day one, have all the Sims1 packs & versions and a lot of the side stuff that came out, need to solve a hardware issue to get to it again. Sims2 is my simming staple, fire that up and loose all track of time from immersion. Lots to do, never boring, and still many things have yet to try. Never got much into Sims3, they all look alike and the story capability was lost. Has some nice features, but not good enough overall. Don't know if can even play it anymore since the computer it's on is no longer internet capable.

Sims4 has potential, but it seems to be based on 3, not the version that really nailed it. CAS is my favorite part, can do some wild creating there with almost dizzying array of options. Played it a fair bit until two things killed it for me. Vampires: having ones you can control is one thing, rather like Sims2; having the game generate them as townies that proliferate like rats, rats that invade your sims' homes and attack them is another. No defense, either. At least in Sims2 you could set up an in depth alarm system that stopped them in their tracks and brought the cops. The other stopper for me is that households you aren't playing still run on their own, destroying any hope of telling any sort of story. The most extreme case so far was the discovery that a married couple in a household I've not played for at least 2 or maybe 3 weeks now has a new baby. Thing is, wife wasn't pregnant the last time I played, so it all happened autonomously. Maxis/EA claims we have control, but we don't Sims4 is an animated movie, not a game. So, for me it's back to Sims 2 exclusively.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Shake My Head

Thanks.
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    hey i have been playing sims 4 a lot sense they put in toddlers.. i mean the sims 4 is better but still not better than sims 2 i guess that game will not be topped
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I used to stick with Sims 2 for as long as I could, but it just didn't get along with my new PC anymore, so I got Sims 4 earlier this year. My only two complaints are the abundance of unprecedented bugs (even though I still got off lightly compared to what some other players are experiencing) and the lack of key expansions from previous games such as weather and pets. But the previous games weren't built in one day either, and just complaining long enough got us toddlers back, so I'm positive that time will fix both the bugs and the missing features. Until then I can still enjoy the vast possibilities of CAS, something that 4 does way better than 2, as well as all the things in the game that I still haven't explored yet. Sims 4 may not be perfect, but it's also not finished yet.
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I play them all, depending on mood.

Sims 1 still cracks me up.

Sims 2 is still a joy.

Sims 3 open world, despite the frustrations, is wonderfully immersive.

And I've grown to love Sims 4.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I play both. I only started playing 4 last year so I'm playing catch up and enjoying it a lot but 2 is still my favourite of the bunch. I still have lots of things I want to do with the game. I have some great CC and game play mods that tweak things so it's set up just how I want it. It's like a comfy pair of slippers to go back to.
    iscQh5U.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I play Sims 4 now, but I prefer Sims 2 and when I have real downtime then I play TS2 only. My current TS2 game play is world building right now and that requires a lot of time and energy so I can't just play it in spurts. TS4 is easy for me to play in short intervals because I'm playing super slow and have only one family with my game clock speed modded to make 1-2 hours of game play a single sim day.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Thing is, Sims 2 I can play for hours and hours and think of different ways to play. I guess i'm used to playing that way when I was younger so I still do it that way. Sims 4 is fun, but simple fun for me. My sim does some yoga, goes to a party or has a child and all but that's it for me. The emotional gameplay for me is still lacking. Which I mean the actual emotions that stay. You know, losing your partner and being sad about it but for a really long time. I know that in the Sims 2 if you lose a partner or child, you not only cry or get depressed, they actually get hurt in different time periods. They could seem very happy, but a thought bubble will pop up with that sad memory and they'll cry for a bit. Sickness is actually sickness in the game. They could actually die, they had to stay in bed and get better. However if you were a single parent with two toddlers, staying in bed isn't that easy and caused them to get sicker. So you were more into the game, atleast I am. I miss this in the Sims 4. Yes it has some nice gameplay, yes it looks really pretty (for me prettier than Sims 2). That doesn't keep me invested though. So I go back, a lot. If I don't have a lot of time i'll play some Sims 4, but if I actually want to play more indept I play Sims 2.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Never did to be honest. Only played the CAS demo and that was enough for me to stick to TS1 and TS2; TS3 never got me anywhere interested either... :/
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I play Sims 4 more often than I used to now that I finally have toddlers. It definitely needs more work though to make me completely happy with it. Sims 2 is still my favorite life sim game.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    Thing is, Sims 2 I can play for hours and hours and think of different ways to play. I guess i'm used to playing that way when I was younger so I still do it that way. Sims 4 is fun, but simple fun for me. My sim does some yoga, goes to a party or has a child and all but that's it for me. The emotional gameplay for me is still lacking. Which I mean the actual emotions that stay. You know, losing your partner and being sad about it but for a really long time. I know that in the Sims 2 if you lose a partner or child, you not only cry or get depressed, they actually get hurt in different time periods. They could seem very happy, but a thought bubble will pop up with that sad memory and they'll cry for a bit. Sickness is actually sickness in the game. They could actually die, they had to stay in bed and get better. However if you were a single parent with two toddlers, staying in bed isn't that easy and caused them to get sicker. So you were more into the game, atleast I am. I miss this in the Sims 4. Yes it has some nice gameplay, yes it looks really pretty (for me prettier than Sims 2). That doesn't keep me invested though. So I go back, a lot. If I don't have a lot of time i'll play some Sims 4, but if I actually want to play more indept I play Sims 2.

You're right, TS4 is simple fun. There isn't much complexity to it at all. Everything is pre-fab and easy to manage. I reckon if you play with ageing on, then the game becomes too grindish as you try to accomplish all your sims tedious aspiration tasks before they age up. Playing with it off removes that sense of urgency and there isn't much to do outside of simple game play stuff. I just hope the characters in TS4 will become more endearing so I have a reason to keep my game on longer.
  • RoseBud05RoseBud05 Posts: 14 New Member
    I am a legacy player, and SIMS 2 is my favorite SIMS game. I play SIMS 4 now. I really want a generation and season pack for SIMS 4. My opinion might change about my favorite SIMS game later on if those packs are added with many places for my SIMS to go and have fun.
  • JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    Absolutely love sims 2. Play it on my old windows 7 and so far have not got bored of it, really wish EA were doing more eps for it. Am enjoying sims 4 as well but sims 2 is still my favourite.
  • lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    edited March 2017
    yes I play 4 not as much as I played 2... Put it this way if they did an updated version of 2 I would throw 4 in the garbage... :smiley:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    yup I do.. ts2 & ts4 are my favs of the series.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I just started sims 2 again and realised how much more challenging it is compared to ts4!!! Ts4 is a unicorn candy land where everything is superficially happy and wonderful. In ts2 you can actually sink really low in your virtual life!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    I play and appreciate them all for different reasons. Just finished reinstalling Sims 3 on my new computer. Next comes Sims 2 and hopefully I won't run into into problems with 1.
  • HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    Last year, i created a whole new town with new families & different businesses. I recreated my favorite sim from the sims 3 too. I've been playing her again. I had her go to a nightclub from late night & the sims were very entertaining with their dancing hahaha! everytime I start sims 2 again, I get really sucked in. I think it's the nostalgia too bc this was the first sims I've played after the sims 1, and I loved it right away.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    I still play! I have too much history and time invested in that game to just forget about it! No way!
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    i would pay high dollar for a remastered updated graphics and more xp and stuff packs of the sims 2.. they totally still could be making money off of this game intead of giving it away. they needed to give away sims 4 and kelp building up sims 2
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Sims 2 is my favorite of the entire series. I bounce back and forth between that one and Sims 4. I think it's because University offers the YA age separately from the other ages. Maybe once S4 offers a college/university pack where the college experience lasts more than 2 Sim weeks (aka Sims 3 University Life), that would make the game more interesting to me.
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Lol, I don't. Playing the Sims 4 just leave me unsatisfied with EA's sloppiness and laziness.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • crazypanda8crazypanda8 Posts: 4 New Member
    I have never played sims 2, when i started playing sims was when sims 3 began. In my opinion sims 3 is better than sims 4. If sims 4 had more expansions then i would propbably play it more, beacuse my faveorite pack is pets and i play with it most, so beacuse sims 4 dosent have pets i dont find it as fun. But im sure that there are loads of fun things to do in sims 4 now anyway. :smiley: Happy simming