Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix the Bugs before releasing new content. Opinions sought.

RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
I feel that EA should fix all the many bugs in the game before releasing anymore new content. If they continue to produce more Packs which make the game more buggy without fixing previous faults then someone might assume they are more interested in making more money out of their customers than giving them the satisfaction of a working game they can actually play and enjoy.
If you look through these Forums the bug and fault list is endless. These are not being fixed in a timely fashion I.M.H.O.
Because of problems I have been unable to use The Sims 4 because of all the issues and bugs for some considerable time and have spent many hours with others on the Forum trying to find the cause and possible fixes to some of the problems. I am not a Beta Tester and expect things to have been thoroughly tested in house before being released. Some of the Sim Guru's are working hard on our behalf but are constantly battling against more problems as new packs are released which bring more bugs and issues. Someone at the Top should decide what the priorities are and let the customers know where they stand.
I know many people have just given up on the game thereby wasting the hard earned money they have already spent on it.
I know some people will think I am moaning about nothing and being negative but the situation can't go on like this.
I am on a pension and therefore a fixed income. I would like to get some enjoyment out of the money I have spent on this game because I cannot afford to throw money away on something that does not work and I cannot use.
Kind regards James.

Comments

• PoppenPoppen Posts: 85 Member
    Im one of the poeple who has given up on the game, the last update ruined my game, the lag makes it impossible to play. I come here in the hopes of some anwser or fixes but nothing seems to help. Maybe some day:-(.
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    @Poppen what happen in your game? Since the last patch I cannot do a club gathering and my sims freeze when it's time to go to school
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Poppen wrote: »
    Im one of the poeple who has given up on the game, the last update ruined my game, the lag makes it impossible to play. I come here in the hopes of some anwser or fixes but nothing seems to help. Maybe some day:-(.

Hello @Poppen
    SimGuruNick wrote this on another thread. You may like to share your save game files with him.
    Regarding simulation lag and gameplay slowdowns:

These are definitely issues my QA team is aware of and has reproduced and filed reports on. The lag is more a symptom of an issue, as opposed to the issue itself. Simulation lag can happen for a variety of reasons, and some of the reasons we've found have been:

- large amount of items in Sim's Inventories
    - large amount of files in the Tray folder
    - large amount of Sims/relationships in the save file
    - using speed 3 for an extended period of time
    - when a child goes to school
    - when interacting with a toddler
    - when children autonomously do homework
    - on San Myshuno apartment lots

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that isn't listed above, I'd love if you could provide me with more info, your save file/folder, your Config.log and Options.ini files (all located in your TS4 folder in Documents).

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that IS listed above, I'd still love your save file. The more save files I can provide to our Performance team, the better, I think.

There are some workarounds you can also try to help alleviate the issues, depending on the cause of your freezing. You can try emptying out inventories of all played Sims, or saving your Sims to the gallery and loading them into a brand new save game. There are some great threads on AHQ with workaround ideas from @crinrict, such as here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#U5095254

I can't tell you when we're going to fix any of these issues, because I don't know. All I can do is to continue collecting reports and making sure that my QA team is seeing the same things that you all are. So if you're freezing/lagging, please send me your files, and any info you have. :)

Regarding musical chairs:

We've actually had 4 different fixes go in at this point, the most recent one being from the December 1st, 2016 patch ("Sims should switch seats less when there are other nearby seats available."). We actually don't have an active report on musical chairs anymore, because I hadn't seen any new reports since that most recent fix. Could you share a save file with me where you've noticed musical chairs issues? Thanks for the help! :)

• RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Very few opinions on this subject. EA are not going to listen to our concerns if they are not aware people are unhappy. Please send any problem files to SimGuruNick as asked even if you are no longer playing the game.
    Kind regards James.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Very few opinions on this subject. EA are not going to listen to our concerns if they are not aware people are unhappy. Please send any problem files to SimGuruNick as asked even if you are no longer playing the game.
    Kind regards James.

If you have any problems other than the ones he listed (if those aren't the reasons for lag) because they are aware of everything so far in the list that are causing the lag, but don't have any idea when they will get those fixed. I didn't think some of those were my problem, until I checked one Sim's inventory and was shocked.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Just looking through the Bugs and Issues section of the Forum and I have never seen so many people having problems with the game. The Sims 3 was never as bad as this. EA have been able to duplicate a lot of the Bugs but at this moment in time seem to have no real idea what is causing them. They are still however introducing new packs and other stuff which often cause more Bugs. Hence the Title of the Topic. This Game is not fit for purpose I.M.H.O. EA are failing their customers badly.
    Kind regards James.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I agree with the post, but this is common for EA they never fixed a lot of issues with Sims 3 so it is no surprise they are out to make money and they don't rally care what we think. The Bakery in Sims 3 never got fixed that whole thing was a mess, and the Store issues where just to many to go into on here. Yet people still play the game.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    I totally agree with you. I also don't care about new stuff pack or expansion at all. I want EA to fix all the bugs before releasing something new. Is that really hard to do? (I heard that there's a mod fixing the broken event to circus/opera and modder said she/he fixed a single digit in the script) Now i'm starting to feel sorry for being a sim fan since 2000.
  • anonmysteryanonmystery Posts: 135 Member
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    When EA will fix the detective and doctor careers? For the moment they are unplayable...
    Words are soul's image
  • MichlyntyresMichlyntyres Posts: 112 Member
    I played for all of 5 minutes last evening, then gave up. The time lag drives me mad, I looked at all the suggestions and none of them are relevant, my Sims don't have anything in their inventories, apart from homework books, and when they no longer need them, I put them on a desk. The bug list seems endless. A lot of the problems seem to have started when toddlers were included, hope they don't bring in pets, otherwise the game will never move. I have lost patience with it, will keep in touch with what is going on, but won't play again until something is sorted.

I have wondered if there is too much content on the Sims 4 site, because now I cannot load the Gallery, always says, you aren't on line and unable to connect. I have come out of the game, run a repair, logged out and logged in again, and still the same error. My computer which was built for me by my grandson, who works in programming built it specifically to run Sims without problems, more than enough memory and lastest game drivers but unfortunately EA didn't build the game to run without problems. Perhaps the developers of this game are under so much pressure from EA to bring out the game and expansion packs they don't have time to fix any bugs. Doesn't do much for the brand if their games don't run smoothly.
    I played for all of 5 minutes last evening, then gave up. The time lag drives me mad, I looked at all the suggestions and none of them are relevant, my Sims don't have anything in their inventories, apart from homework books, and when they no longer need them, I put them on a desk. The bug list seems endless. A lot of the problems seem to have started when toddlers were included, hope they don't bring in pets, otherwise the game will never move. I have lost patience with it, will keep in touch with what is going on, but won't play again until something is sorted.

I have wondered if there is too much content on the Sims 4 site, because now I cannot load the Gallery, always says, you aren't on line and unable to connect. I have come out of the game, run a repair, logged out and logged in again, and still the same error. My computer which was built for me by my grandson, who works in programming built it specifically to run Sims without problems, more than enough memory and lastest game drivers but unfortunately EA didn't build the game to run without problems. Perhaps the developers of this game are under so much pressure from EA to bring out the game and expansion packs they don't have time to fix any bugs. Doesn't do much for the brand if their games don't run smoothly.

Hello
    You may like to share your save game file with SimGuruNick
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15675848/#Comment_15675848
  • PokeneitorPokeneitor Posts: 8 New Member
    Some of the Sim Guru's are working hard on our behalf but are constantly battling against more problems as new packs are released which bring more bugs and issues. Someone at the Top should decide what the priorities are and let the customers know where they stand.

I agree with you. I understand there was a lot of complaints last year for the lack of information on new content, but I need to say that I honestly prefer to wait a few months for new content if that means they're fixing bugs and issues. I feel like the problems with this game just keep accumulating and the team who has to fix them can't keep track anymore.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Having in mind that I can't even play the game anymore? I obviously sign for this! How am I to buy extra stuff EA if MY GAME IS BUGGED BEYOND BEING PLAYABLE?
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Having in mind that I can't even play the game anymore? I obviously sign for this! How am I to buy extra stuff EA if MY GAME IS BUGGED BEYOND BEING PLAYABLE?

Hello
    If you are having lagging issues that are preventing you from playing, you may like to send your save game file to SimGuruNick
    If you are unable to play the game at all, you may like to start a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and post your DxDiag information there . Simmers there can check over your computer details , to see if they can offer suggestions to help with the issues you are having.
    Make sure that your graphics drivers are uptodate.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    If you are having lagging issues that are preventing you from playing, you may like to send your save game file to SimGuruNick
    If you are unable to play the game at all, you may like to start a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and post your DxDiag information there . Simmers there can check over your computer details , to see if they can offer suggestions to help with the issues you are having.

It is simulation lag. And I already sent my save file. Not the only bug I'm experiencing, but it's the most severe one that prevents me from actively playing.
    mirta000 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello

It is simulation lag. And I already sent my save file. Not the only bug I'm experiencing, but it's the most severe one that prevents me from actively playing.

It is good that you sent the save game file.
    There are a few things to do to try to see if they may help with your issues.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

Sometimes having a large amount of items in the sims inventories and household inventory can cause issues. Try removing some of the items from the inventories and see if that helps.

Lower your graphics settings and see if that helps.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the lagging issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try playing in off line mode and see if that helps.

If your sims live in San Myshuno, try moving them to another world

Check to make sure that your graphics drivers are up todate.

my biggest issue is that most of my families live in San Mishuno, however it's just stupid if I have to discard 95% of an expansion to play a game again. I rather just choose to not be a customer until EA fixes this.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I have the delay/simulation lag too but its managable. I disabled post processing effects in game options and it reduced the delay abit. When I notice that the sims just stand around, I hit pause for a few seconds. Even tho my CPU (6 core) is not maxed out during sessions, Im cant blame my hardware anymore. This IS related to the game, not to mods, not to our hardware, not to sim inventory or graphic settings as a whole.

I suspect its connected with the huge amount of head bobbing when sims stand around. Its like they are getting commands to go somewhere or do something but then something is deleting the command. And since so many commands seem to be happening, it takes a few seconds until an actual command is executed. But thats just me. I really wish we would have the chance for an open talk with a guru about this.

About the topic:
    The excessive water drinking bug occurs in my game at the moment. I discovered that the reports about this bug go back to at least june 2016. Nearly a year and no fix. The mods that were fixing it dont work anymore. Let that sink in. The modding community gave up fixing bugs in the game.

So yes, always fix the biggest and oldest bugs first before releasing new content.
    Hi,
    Thanks Guy's for your comments. We need to keep at this if anything good is going to come out of it. Being able to talk to a Guru is a good idea Zasz. We need some serious thought from EA if this game is to continue. I will be spending no more money until these major bugs are fixed.
    It would help if we could understand the real cause of them but EA still don't seem to have any ideas.
    Kind regards James.
    Have any improvements happened yet or are we still in the dark ?
    Not playing the game at all at the moment.
    Kind regards James.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I havent seen any encouraging posts from gurus yet. All Ive seen are people asking for savegames on the bug report page or here to get links of savegames via PM. But I dont see ANY feedback if the savegames helped or if anything was discovered to fix ANY issue.

The only one who seems to help is @rosemow .
    The Developers are working on finding fixes for the issues that have arisen in the game. There may be another patch soon, and that may help with the issues. They would be unable to comment on all the save games that they have been receiving, but each game would be helping them to better understand what is occurring in simmers games, and so take steps to fix the issues.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't know what the devs have done in the last couple patches, but my game has been running like a dream for the last two patches. Use to I had the issue with sims just standing around after I told them to do an interaction. I tested one day and my sim literally stood around for 4 hours with dishes in her hand when I had told her to wash the dishes. I quit playing for a while at that point cause that was too frustrating. It was about the vampire pack release that I started playing again and noticed the game running better and then after this last patch, I have no simulation lag, no lag at all. The game runs smooth and I've really been able to get into my game again. I can even play in San Myshuno with no problems. I think the devs are fixing the problem, but it might be something different in different games that causes the problem. But, I do feel they are trying.
  • m3ukkiem3ukkie Posts: 45 Member
    I think at least they've changed Klepto sims' interaction, according to the patch notes, so that sims can now decide what to do next smarter and faster. The improvement may differ depending on system conditions, though.