Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 > Sims 4?

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    At the moment TS3 is the best. But TS4 is not finish. The big problem with TS4 for is the personality. Sims are all the same... And it can't be fix, so I always will be disapointed with that. But if the futur content is like Toddlers and vampire, I'm sure I won't be too frustrated with TS4 that now.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • xAquaButterflyxxAquaButterflyx Posts: 34 Member
    I love TS3, simply bc its what i've always played. I do prefer the graphics and the customisation options.
  • Dexter742Dexter742 Posts: 109 Member
    I wish my computer could handle TS3, I have every expansion pack.
    tumblr_m9w3d7LGs31qgple6o2_500.gif
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

The Sims 4 Rocks ... B)

Not that I have ever played it ... But it gives EA/Origin an excuse to keep the forums open, up and running for The Sims 3.
    Plus ... I love y'all ... In a strange, detached and totally non-committal way.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Deshong04 The great thing about Sims 4 toddlers is mainly their behaviour. It's so realistic and recognizable. And they are very focused on the people surrounding them (more so than toddlers in 3, I think toddlers in 2 are better in that respect). And they may have 1 trait, but it's a trait that really matters (I'm in doubt if it really matters in 3, it is possible I give my toddlers the same traits too often). My only issue is that this game isn't all about toddlers, I have to be able to fully enjoy their parents as well. For me that's not really the case. Not for hours and hours that is.

When I play TS3, two hours is the minimum. I remember when I got City Living I looked at my clock and said: "Wow, this is a really good EP. I've been playing for an hour". And I'm not kidding, before I uninstalled it (the reason why you shouldn't play on a toaster) I rarely played for more than half an hour. I had time to solve a Rubik's cube twice until my sims arrived at a larger community lot.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2017
    BlackSand wrote: »

The Sims 4 Rocks ... B)

Not that I have ever played it ... But it gives EA/Origin an excuse to keep the forums open, up and running for The Sims 3.

:D Awesome post,loves you back in a stalker hiding in your shower,collecting various articles of your clothing kinda way. :kissing_closed_eyes:

25ja63b.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    @JoAnne65 I think traits matter for toddlers in TS3 but I haven't played extensively with them yet. Either way, while TS4 toddlers do have cute behaviors though the reaching on the counter is unrealistic unless they grabbed something to stand on and then reach, the rest of the game fails miserably in the entertainment department, unlike TS/TS2/TS3. (Sidenote: I also prefer toddlers to start out crawling and then be taught to walk like TS2/TS3.) And in the video below, they forgot that you can also read toddlers to sleep, though I think broken now so maybe that's why it didn't get mentioned. Also, kids can be read to sleep and kissed on the forehead as well. Plus, kids can actually learn skills during bedtime stories if using a skill book. It even says so in the loading screen tips.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDL-2FdWP7I

While it's true there's always something that could have been improved upon in all iterations TS4 will never be anything more because of its limited core foundation which everything else that comes must follow. So if you have a weak foundation, therefore, so will the overall content which follows. Again TS3 could have been a whole lot better when it comes to being as in-depth with interactions/features/full animations as TS2 but according to the majority, the shortcomings weren't enough to stop enjoying the game for what it did bring to the franchise. To most, the pros outweighed the cons.

-Open seamless world (No more loading screens breaking the immersion of gameplay within the neighborhood.)
    I have no idea how they decided to go from this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gXiw5URNM
    To the sequel being like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX78uweGwxc

-CASt/CAP/CAW (Endless possibilities. A creative and imaginative person's dream come true. <3)

-Story Progression definitely is a great concept, unfortunately not so greatly executed.

-Traits

-Pretty much a lot of EP's brought something new and worthwhile. Or brought back some things which I always welcomed.
    -Stuff packs, to me, mostly have good themes... except KPST.
    -More worlds to explore and play
    This is why TS3 is the most advanced and gives players the most freedom of creativity and imagination. Such a shame it all ended when TS4/Project Olympus began. :(

TS became the best selling PC game in history by selling more than 11.3 million copies worldwide.
    TS2 sold 1 million copies within the first 10 days of launching.
    TS3 sold 1.4 million copies within the first 7 days of launching. The most successful PC launch to date. Not sure if that's still true today but I never heard any accomplishment about TS4 at all during its first week or month.

Here's the key. TS2 dramatically stepped up the potential for this franchise as well as expectations. TS3 did follow but not to the same in-depth extent for some features/interactions or lack of. However, still managed to continue to set that bar even higher. TS4 is the only sequel I have ever witnessed bring the bar down. It's like those 14 years of great gaming history meant nothing to them when they created TS4. It's like they didn't want to do the hard work nor give the required budget to continue to make this franchise stand out because of its one-of-kind nature.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Deshong04 I don't hope you thought you had to convince me B) I like to see those trailers by the way, I never watched those back in the Sims 3 days. I just preordered ;)

What I'd like by the way - as for early life stages - would be baby and small toddler combined (the infant turning into a crawling toddler when put on the floor for instance, and learning them to talk in that stage) and a seperate older toddler life stage (the way they are in 4). Then kid, then a 14 year old (clearly recognizable as a teen) and then adult (being 20-40). After that middle aged and elder.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited April 2017
    It's hard to admit, but it's true, they have make the minimum for TS4. I'm so frustrated about this! I love TS and it's not correct what they have do with TS4. This franchise has potiential but EA don't exploit it. I say EA because i'm sure the problem is from them. Money before the fans. It's us who buy their game and without us they are NOTHING. It must be know. I really hope, TS5 will be to the height. I will see how will be the game before to buy it. For TS4, i was so excited. I had make some jobs of vacations for pay TS4, but the game was so medicore! I'm always enraged about this. I don't know if I continue to buy the contents for TS4 or if I stop, anyway I know if TS5 will be better, I never replay to TS4. So it will be a pity to waste my money for TS4. In any case, I'm so disapointed of the way of EA direct the franchise. They don't care about us, when the money talks, everyone don't care of everyone. If TS5 will be not to the height of TS2 and TS3, I won't buy. They had chance that TS4 has survived, in the state where the game was, he would never be sold. I'm just waiting for TS5 and I just can hope TS5 will be in a good state.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2017
    I haven't had any desire to open TS4 since that Day of the Dead thingy, and even then I doubt I played it for an hour, it was probably more like a half an hour. Even toddlers didn't bring me back. Too little, too late. And I don't even like supernaturals so vampires did nothing for me so I've had zero interest in the game.

My bottom line is that I've finally come to accept that it won't matter WHAT they make for this game, it's going to continually be a huge disappointment. It will be shallow and inadequate and limiting compared to the previous games in this once great franchise. I also admit than on a personal level that it doesn't help that I think the whole game is juvenile and I can't stand the exaggerated, cartoony behavior with the sims rubber faces. I even saw a video with toddlers in it and it seriously annoyed me that they teetered every time they toddled. Give me a break already, everything in the game doesn't have to hit players over the head! It's not amusing!

Not to me, anyway. And yes, I'm definitely angry and more than a bit bitter. I suppose some would say I'm exhibiting an 'entitled' attitude since I'm not "grateful" for the scraps they are throwing our way. Nope, nope, nope. I spent probably over a thousand dollars on TS3 over the years, and now they throw me under the bus! Well, alrighty then. It's certainly true that they can make any kind of shoddy game they want to and I'm not 'entitled' to the game I'd like to see, but they won't be seeing any more of my money for it, either. :D

The real problem, of course, is that:

1) they're convinced that the PC market is dying and those who do have a PC own an under powered laptop so they have to make a Sims Lite game that they think people can play on those machines (although how much better it supposedly plays is up for debate);

2) Mobile games are super popular and some people are spending lots and lots of money on all those perks for their little mobile games and they want in on that action (while TS3 had lots of DLC, that content was too easy to pirate and a lot of people got it for free - with mobile games you are locked into their little universe and only get it if you pay for it); and

3) Their data they selectively gather tells them that players want to play online with others so all games must have a social component. What this really does is to give them an excuse to tie you to their client to access these social features, where they can gather more data on what you buy and try to market more stuff to you.

Many traditional Sims players have zero desire to play with others in a Sims game because this is at its heart a 'God' game where only one player can rule their little sims' worlds. It's not like all those other social games and yet they are cramming it into Cinderella's glass slipper to make it fit so that they can keep you 'socially engaged' with their products so we'll all keep buying more and more. And as they do that they transform the game into something else entirely.

So now I just don't even read the TS4 forum any more to avoid getting my hopes up for the inevitable disappointing content to come. And I'm very sorry to say it but I doubt we will ever see another good sims game in the future. :'(

/rant

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    OMG I will never ever forget how I felt the first time I watched this video.

I was totally in love with ts2 at the time and played it for an unhealthy amount of time, but I watched this video with my jaw dropped open the whole time and was completely wowed by it. I immediately knew that I would ditch ts2 for this amazing new open world. Me and my son both waited impatiently for its release and never looked back.

I always loved watching the new trailer videos for the EPs, they made them so well and brought so much excitement to the forums.

Then came ts4... and I can honestly say that I have not been wowed by a single thing it has brought us. Yes, it has some good features but there has never been anything to really excite me or bowl me over. I'm very sad about that. I want to be wowed. I want to get so excited at a new release that I come to the forums to count down the hours with other excited simmers.

Ah those days when we would be jumping up and down in a thread saying how we were impatiently looking out of the window for the postman to arrive with our shiny new ep...
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »

The Sims 4 Rocks ... B)

:D Awesome post,loves you back in a stalker hiding in your shower,collecting various articles of your clothing kinda way. :kissing_closed_eyes:

25ja63b.jpg

:p Get a room, you two. :p:D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Yes I'm aslo too sad, just if EA can't get back in a good way for TS, I just hope a new editor will make a game like TS...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    @Deshong04 I don't hope you thought you had to convince me B) I like to see those trailers by the way, I never watched those back in the Sims 3 days. I just preordered ;)

What I'd like by the way - as for early life stages - would be baby and small toddler combined (the infant turning into a crawling toddler when put on the floor for instance, and learning them to talk in that stage) and a seperate older toddler life stage (the way they are in 4). Then kid, then a 14 year old (clearly recognizable as a teen) and then adult (being 20-40). After that middle aged and elder.

I like to debate and get better at making logical points. I'm not trying to convince other players but it would be nice for EA/Maxis/The Sims Studio to get this franchise back on track. If the people in charge doesn't care or read at least I had fun thinking and writing it out regardless. I've already come to terms that TS future is dead until proven otherwise.

I changed my life spans again and this is what I have. And I updated a lot of my Sims ages too.
    Infant (0-3 months)
    0-5 Days = 1 Month
    6-10 Days = 2 Months
    11-15 Days = 3 Months

Toddler (1-5 years) Daycare/Pre-School
    0-10 Days = 1 Year
    11-20 Days = 2 Years
    21-30 Days = 3 Years
    31-40 Days = 4 Years
    41-50 Days = 5 Years

Child (6-13 years) Elementary and Middle School
    0-15 Days = 6 Years
    16-30 Days = 7 Years
    31-45 Days = 8 Years
    46-60 Days = 9 Years
    61-75 Days = 10 Years
    76-90 Days = 11 Years
    91-105 Days = 12 Years
    106-120 Days = 13 Years

Teen (14-19) High School
    0-24 Days = 14 Years
    25-48 Days = 15 Years
    49-72 Days = 16 Years
    73-96 Days = 17 Years
    97-120 Days = 18 Years
    121-144 Days = 19 Years (Debating if I should skip 19 but then again it's not like teens graduate until YA's anyway which is...odd.)

Young Adult (20-39)
    0-12 Days = 20 Years
    13-24 Days = 21 Years
    25-36 Days = 22 Years
    27-48 Days = 23 Years
    49-60 Days = 24 Years
    61-72 Days = 25 Years
    73-84 Days = 26 Years
    85-96 Days = 27 Years
    97-108 Days = 28 Years
    109-120 Days = 29 Years
    121-132 Days = 30 Years
    133-144 Days = 31 Years
    145-156 Days = 32 Years
    157-168 Days = 33 Years
    169-180 Days = 34 Years
    181-192 Days = 35 Years
    193-204 Days = 36 Years
    205-216 Days = 37 Years
    217-228 Days = 38 Years
    229-240 Days = 39 Years

Adult (40-64)
    0-10 Days = 40 Years
    11-20 Days = 41 Years
    21-30 Days = 42 Years
    31-40 Days = 43 Years
    41-50 Days = 44 Years
    51-60 Days = 45 Years
    61-70 Days = 46 Years
    71-80 Days = 47 Years
    81-90 Days = 48 Years
    91-100 Days = 49 Years
    101-110 Days = 50 Years
    111-120 Days = 51 Years
    121-130 Days = 52 Years
    131-140 Days = 53 Years
    141-150 Days = 54 Years
    151-160 Days = 55 Years
    161-170 Days = 56 Years
    171-180 Days = 57 Years
    181-190 Days = 58 Years
    191-200 Days = 59 Years
    201-210 Days = 60 Years
    211-220 Days = 61 Years
    221-230 Days = 62 Years
    231-240 Days = 63 Years
    241-250 Days = 64 Years

Elder (65-100)
    0-10 Days = 65 Years
    11-20 Days = 66 Years
    21-30 Days = 67 Years
    31-40 Days = 68 Years
    41-50 Days = 69 Years
    51-60 Days = 70 Years
    61-70 Days = 71 Years
    71-80 Days = 72 Years
    81-90 Days = 73 Years
    91-100 Days = 74 Years
    101-110 Days = 75 Years
    111-120 Days = 76 Years
    121-130 Days = 77 Years
    131-140 Days = 78 Years
    141-150 Days = 79 Years
    151-160 Days = 80 Years
    161-170 Days = 81 Years
    171-180 Days = 82 Years
    181-190 Days = 83 Years
    191-200 Days = 84 Years
    201-210 Days = 85 Years
    211-220 Days = 86 Years
    221-230 Days = 87 Years
    231-240 Days = 88 Years
    241-250 Days = 89 Years
    251-260 Days = 90 Years
    261-270 Days = 91 Years
    271-280 Days = 92 Years
    281-290 Days = 93 Years
    291-300 Days = 94 Years
    301-310 Days = 95 Years
    311-320 Days = 96 Years
    321-330 Days = 97 Years
    331- 340 Days = 98 Years
    341- 350 Days = 99 Years
    351- 360 Days = 100 Years

As far as what could be done to fill in the missing age gaps. Either new life stages like pre-schooler and pre-teen or it probably would be best to start dividing the life stages we have now into different age related milestones by gradual aging. But since that probably won't happen, I'll just have to use my imagination in TS3.
    Screenshot-173.jpg
    Kibwe is 48, Fatima is 45, Tendai is 16, Kanyin is 15, Akachi is 8, Udo is 6, Leone is 1 and Chad is a neonate. Not pictured, their daughter Abeni is 24 and oldest son Chi is 17.

Also, I'm going re-do this family portait. But still will not include Abeni or Chi because I'm going by households.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    OMG I will never ever forget how I felt the first time I watched this video.

I was totally in love with ts2 at the time and played it for an unhealthy amount of time, but I watched this video with my jaw dropped open the whole time and was completely wowed by it. I immediately knew that I would ditch ts2 for this amazing new open world. Me and my son both waited impatiently for its release and never looked back.

I always loved watching the new trailer videos for the EPs, they made them so well and brought so much excitement to the forums.

Then came ts4... and I can honestly say that I have not been wowed by a single thing it has brought us. Yes, it has some good features but there has never been anything to really excite me or bowl me over. I'm very sad about that. I want to be wowed. I want to get so excited at a new release that I come to the forums to count down the hours with other excited simmers.

Ah those days when we would be jumping up and down in a thread saying how we were impatiently looking out of the window for the postman to arrive with our shiny new ep...

That trailer also got my attention immediately. Because those who came from TS2/TS know we could only play one lot at a time with loading screens in-between. So now we can go wherever we want with no loading screens?! And visit neighbors and all that jazz? Yes Please and Thank You! <3

I remember when I joined TS3 forum and how much enthusiasm there was for this game and upcoming EP's/SP's and Store Content too. It's like the anticipation and excitement of a child awaiting Christmas. :p I still get happy looking at TS3 trailers and I agree at how well done they are.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I like to debate and get better at making logical points. I'm not trying to convince other players but it would be nice for EA/Maxis/The Sims Studio to get this franchise back on track. If the people in charge doesn't care or read at least I had fun thinking and writing it out regardless. I've already come to terms that TS future is dead until proven otherwise.

I changed my life spans again and this is what I have. And I updated a lot of my Sims ages too.
    Infant (0-3 months)
    0-5 Days = 1 Month
    6-10 Days = 2 Months
    11-15 Days = 3 Months

Toddler (1-5 years) Daycare/Pre-School
    0-10 Days = 1 Year
    11-20 Days = 2 Years
    21-30 Days = 3 Years
    31-40 Days = 4 Years
    41-50 Days = 5 Years

Child (6-13 years) Elementary and Middle School
    0-15 Days = 6 Years
    16-30 Days = 7 Years
    31-45 Days = 8 Years
    46-60 Days = 9 Years
    61-75 Days = 10 Years
    76-90 Days = 11 Years
    91-105 Days = 12 Years
    106-120 Days = 13 Years

Teen (14-19) High School
    0-24 Days = 14 Years
    25-48 Days = 15 Years
    49-72 Days = 16 Years
    73-96 Days = 17 Years
    97-120 Days = 18 Years
    121-144 Days = 19 Years (Debating if I should skip 19 but then again it's not like teens graduate until YA's anyway which is...odd.)

Young Adult (20-39)
    0-12 Days = 20 Years
    13-24 Days = 21 Years
    25-36 Days = 22 Years
    27-48 Days = 23 Years
    49-60 Days = 24 Years
    61-72 Days = 25 Years
    73-84 Days = 26 Years
    85-96 Days = 27 Years
    97-108 Days = 28 Years
    109-120 Days = 29 Years
    121-132 Days = 30 Years
    133-144 Days = 31 Years
    145-156 Days = 32 Years
    157-168 Days = 33 Years
    169-180 Days = 34 Years
    181-192 Days = 35 Years
    193-204 Days = 36 Years
    205-216 Days = 37 Years
    217-228 Days = 38 Years
    229-240 Days = 39 Years

Adult (40-64)
    0-10 Days = 40 Years
    11-20 Days = 41 Years
    21-30 Days = 42 Years
    31-40 Days = 43 Years
    41-50 Days = 44 Years
    51-60 Days = 45 Years
    61-70 Days = 46 Years
    71-80 Days = 47 Years
    81-90 Days = 48 Years
    91-100 Days = 49 Years
    101-110 Days = 50 Years
    111-120 Days = 51 Years
    121-130 Days = 52 Years
    131-140 Days = 53 Years
    141-150 Days = 54 Years
    151-160 Days = 55 Years
    161-170 Days = 56 Years
    171-180 Days = 57 Years
    181-190 Days = 58 Years
    191-200 Days = 59 Years
    201-210 Days = 60 Years
    211-220 Days = 61 Years
    221-230 Days = 62 Years
    231-240 Days = 63 Years
    241-250 Days = 64 Years

Elder (65-100)
    0-10 Days = 65 Years
    11-20 Days = 66 Years
    21-30 Days = 67 Years
    31-40 Days = 68 Years
    41-50 Days = 69 Years
    51-60 Days = 70 Years
    61-70 Days = 71 Years
    71-80 Days = 72 Years
    81-90 Days = 73 Years
    91-100 Days = 74 Years
    101-110 Days = 75 Years
    111-120 Days = 76 Years
    121-130 Days = 77 Years
    131-140 Days = 78 Years
    141-150 Days = 79 Years
    151-160 Days = 80 Years
    161-170 Days = 81 Years
    171-180 Days = 82 Years
    181-190 Days = 83 Years
    191-200 Days = 84 Years
    201-210 Days = 85 Years
    211-220 Days = 86 Years
    221-230 Days = 87 Years
    231-240 Days = 88 Years
    241-250 Days = 89 Years
    251-260 Days = 90 Years
    261-270 Days = 91 Years
    271-280 Days = 92 Years
    281-290 Days = 93 Years
    291-300 Days = 94 Years
    301-310 Days = 95 Years
    311-320 Days = 96 Years
    321-330 Days = 97 Years
    331- 340 Days = 98 Years
    341- 350 Days = 99 Years
    351- 360 Days = 100 Years

As far as what could be done to fill in the missing age gaps. Either new life stages like pre-schooler and pre-teen or it probably would be best to start dividing the life stages we have now into different age related milestones by gradual aging. But since that probably won't happen, I'll just have to use my imagination in TS3.
    Screenshot-173.jpg
    Kibwe is 48, Fatima is 45, Tendai is 16, Kanyin is 15, Akachi is 8, Udo is 6, Leone is 1 and Chad is a neonate. Not pictured, their daughter Abeni is 24 and oldest son Chi is 17.

Also, I'm going re-do this family portait. But still will not include Abeni or Chi because I'm going by households.
    I rather meant I don't have to be convinced concerning Sims 3 ;) I'm already convinced by default. Wow, I'm impressed by your life stages! And lovely family <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I would like a more advanced elder stage. For the love of God, give those grans and gramps something to do except wait to die. Knitting anyone?
    @JoAnne65 Thank you.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    Man I recently put TS3 aside and got back into TS4. Was over thrilled with toddlers finally making their way back into the game; I even got into Vampires. I tried playing ts2 and found that I missed multi-tasking; even with TS3. I love TS4s art style and the clothes but now I find myself missing TS3!
    I miss the open world, university, the different life states, everything! But I still miss the multi-tasking even though TS3 has it somewhat. TS3 even has emotions; if you hover over the colored meter it'll show "miserable" or "happy" or some variations.
    I feel like TS4 could get to be enjoyable but I don't want to wait another 3 years before I'm satisfied. I want to go back to TS3 but I need a better computer. My computer cannot play the game to where I can overlook minor lag. When I get a better computer, I'll be ecstatic to play TS3 and TS4 and I won't have to choose :)

But.. Man....I REALLY miss TS3! :'(
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited April 2017
    I remember watching that trailer and screaming like those girls who encounter the rock star in it :D
    I was so excited that my sims could finally go and visit their neighbours just across the street ! Or walk around the entire world without having a loading screen.
    I did it again when Supernatural and Late Night were announced.

I miss being excited about the Sims releases :disappointed:

Edit - I just noticed a comment on one of the early TS3 trailers that is so very representative of the current state.
    Some person wrote -

Sims 3: "Customize everything, unlike Sims 1 and 2!"
    Sims 4: "Customize nothing!... again!"
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Pary - I know the feeling. I miss having PEPS! I miss the old livestreams too! You could just tell that the gurus loved the game back then.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hey, don't want to start a new thread just for this, but is it normal that my Sims aren't able to speak with eachother while one is eating? I would've thought that multitasking was that far in 3 already.

Oh, by the way, I've found my first and so far only three complaints about Sims 3, finally, after four days of searching :D
    - There is no lottery. At least not in the basegame. Not good for my rather poor little Sim family. Although we're at 7000 simoleons already :)
    - You can't visit the Wellness Center with a group. After all the stuff I could do, I was genuinely surprised to find out this wasn't possible :D
    - Even when sending a teenager to the lake far away, the police still find him and bring him home again. They also do when he's visiting our literal neighbours from about 30 metres away. I hate the curfew.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Hi @ Pancakesandwich :)
    It isn't normal that your sims aren't having a conversation while they eat, because they can and do. They will even have a conversation while eating with another sim watching tv or doing homework, so why your sims aren't conversing, I can't say. They should.

There is a lottery but it isn't base game, came with ITF I do believe. There are a multitude of other ways to make money, in fact I have yet to even have any of my sims buy a lottery ticket at the grocery store.

There is no Wellness Center in the sims 3. You can group up with other sims, though, and go from place to place and hang out. Not to the detailed extent you can in 4 but the system is there. You can also make a Wellness Center of sorts, with some store content. I have an interactive spa in my world which has a sauna, massage table and foot massaging chair.

I don't honestly mind the curfew since it is one of the things which helps differentiate age groups but I completely understand why others are bothered by it. I'm sure there are mods out there to remove the feature, I haven't looked because like I said, I don't mind. It works into the challenge.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

@Pancakesandwich ... There is a lottery at the grocery store (don't remember if it is associated with a certain EP).
    But ... I guess a better point would the fact that you can earn a great deal of money gardening, collecting and fishing.

Also ... Your Sims talk to each other automatically when seated together eating ... Unless they don't like each other.
    It will boost your "Social" and friendship a little.

Don't know about going to the Wellness Center as a group ... Because I normally make all the people jog there anyway.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Hey, don't want to start a new thread just for this, but is it normal that my Sims aren't able to speak with eachother while one is eating? I would've thought that multitasking was that far in 3 already.

Oh, by the way, I've found my first and so far only three complaints about Sims 3, finally, after four days of searching :D
    - There is no lottery. At least not in the basegame. Not good for my rather poor little Sim family. Although we're at 7000 simoleons already :)
    - You can't visit the Wellness Center with a group. After all the stuff I could do, I was genuinely surprised to find out this wasn't possible :D
    - Even when sending a teenager to the lake far away, the police still find him and bring him home again. They also do when he's visiting our literal neighbours from about 30 metres away. I hate the curfew.
    There has always been multi-tasking in TS3, it's just not as varied as in TS4. Having meals together, drinks, watching tv, doing homework, playing games can all be social occasions and sims' relationship scores will go up and down as per whatever is being talked about. Usually sims who already like each other and don't have very anti-social traits will have only or mostly positive such chats. Sims who barely know each other or are total strangers and need introductions will not be chatty with each other in the middle of other activities or (not sure now) I think sometimes I see them chat anyway but they don't get any relationship benefit from it yet.

I believe that without mods, the lottery came into being with ITF, the final EP.

I've never had any problems visiting a gym with a group or having a group-up form using Go Here With. Or is the Wellness Center something other than a gym?

A little message on my wall tells me you using NRaas StoryProgression ( :) ). SP has settings that can soften or remove the effects of curfews townwide or on selected sims or castes (groups of sims).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top