Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Character creation suggestions

Hi everyone!! I recently became quite bored and frustrated while trying - for the millionth time - to set up a town (building it and populating it from scratch). So I decided to play old school, meaning focusing only on one household, aging on etc etc. And what town is perfect for that I wondered.. but Sunset Valley of course (yeah, I meant it, full old school)!! So I will make two friends - let's call them Briar Rose and Tiger Lily - who will try to woo and marry the Frio brothers. To make things a bit easy for them at first, I will have them join the Journalism and Culinary careers. So now I'm a bit confused about the traits. For Rose maybe bookworm and romantic, and for Lily natural cook and friendly, but that's about it. Does anyone has any idea about an interesting combination of traits for the two lovely ladies? :)

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    If you want these two ladies to be compatible with the Frio brothers give these ladies 3 traits that each Frio brother has if you want them to be attracted to each other. The other two traits, pick whatever traits you like to play.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2017
    First and most importantly,Tackle Hugs @phoebebebe13 ...

Now with Jared would be hilarious to hook him up with a Diva ...his inappropriate trait will cause him to insult his significant other and make fun of her when Divas live for compliments also make her friendly since he is mean spirited will be the ultimate pair.Like watching Jerry Springer but in Sims 3

With Conner give him a sim that is not only flirty but a hopeless romantic :D your game will turn into a hot mess and she will keep making advances while he gets ticked off
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Don't do it! those Frio boys are both horrible!!! :p
    Don't do it! those Frio boys are both horrible!!! :p

This is a trick by @charlottesmom to lay 100% claim on the Frio franchise...although I do believe she owns the majority share of Jared and Connors stock and recently filed for a patent on using them in game. :#

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat , You can see right through me! ;)
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Conor's Traits:
    Absent-Minded
    Bookworm
    Unflirty
    Loner
    Good

Jared's Traits:
    Natural Cook
    Heavy Sleeper
    Mean Spirited
    Inappropriate
    Party Animal

I always love Conor in my game, he's such a sweetheart. <3o:) Jared on the other hand...Yeah. :D>:) It would be cool if the sister who goes for Jared has the whole 'I CAN CHANGE HIM' attitude, because if you read his bio he's well known for leaving people in the dirt when he gets what he wants.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @CravenLestat hugs back. I finally got internet this weekend after taking forever to move. Will be plying my game again. Just need to clean the computer and your simself will be in the game <3
  • sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone!! The diva trait should be hilarious!!! Unfortunately I am too scared to use it lol :D So I made the sims: Rose's traits are hopeless romantic, bookworm, family oriented, excitable and over-emotional, while Lily's traits are friendly, natural cook, family oriented, grumpy and good sense of humor. I wanted Rose to have a kind of bubbly personality (to liven up Connor), while for Lily I wanted her to have a more cool vibe going on.
    I must say I'm having tons of fun!! Happy simming!!
    (Here are some pictures:)

f9D7cSo.jpg

DZFeJ0L.jpg

xpxAtfh.jpg

qVAWH8W.jpg

gAQo7xE.jpg
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Great pictures! They're very pretty Sims! :o
    @sof2106 Great shot of Jared sneaking out back for a lil love action during work hours. :love:

But he washes stinky dishes and wrings dirty mops with those hands,he is running his grimy hands through her hair :#

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited April 2017
    @HARIBOWS Thank you so much! I had great fun making them :)
    @CravenLestat LOL, fortunately this shot was taken just before they both headed to work so let's hope that at least he showers everyday :D (although he wears those stinky clothes ALL the time, even when he doesn't have work)
    @Charlottesmom You are so right to love Connor, I can't believe I actually never played him..he's adorable!! <3 And it was love at first sight with my sim (while for the other two I had to push things a little bit :p )
    edited April 2017
    @sof2106 , When I first started playing Sims 3 over 2 years ago I made a semi simself (looked sorta like me and had my traits), she went to the bookstore first thing...being a bookworm, I noticed Connor, he was the first Sim she talked to. She invited him over, they chatted up to friend, she tried to smooch him, naturally she was rejected (I didn't know about building up to smooches, nor did I know Connor's traits). I got peeved and sent him home, I invited him over the next day...he was fat...no idea why, I thought it was the wrong Sim at first. She then started a major fight with him and kicked him out...poor guy looked so sad. I've been majorly in love with him ever since....Though I now actually play Jared way more as Connor gets boring after a few days, Jared Never gets boring, though he does need some babysitting or he ruins relationships pretty quickly!! He is usually married to my Sim Julia a majorly skilled up and high lever witch, or my SS who is banned from my saves lately for being a jerk! I also love getting Jared back together with Claire, I have it down to a science at this point (have done it at least 15 times).

:)
    edited April 2017
    @Charlottesmom That thing with Claire, I have to try it sometime.. (and maybe give her a makeover - appearance and personality-wise) but now Lily has snatched him and I'll make them produce babies really soon :p I am a bit of a control freak with my sims so I have yet to see the jerk side of Jared, but as soon as he moves in I'm gonna let him be free and release the monster inside :D
    Edit: Also, great move with the witch, I rarely play supernaturals so I'm not sure what witches can really do, but I guess it will be pretty easy for her to control him or take a little sweet revenge in case he's been bad :D
    edited April 2017
    @sof2106 , A few shots for you....

Jared and Claire...

If you are controlling Jared Claire will attack first....(you should really try it with both Jared and Claire with their original traits, it's Veeeeeeeery difficult the first few times but fun)! I never change any townie traits to make things easier anymore, I love the butt head traits now.

Screenshot-1923_zpssqaonq6p.jpg

Using the "safe subjects"

Screenshot-1924_zpshwgipn4h.jpg

Screenshot-1926_zpsxq2a79nc.jpg

Fast forward to moving her in and having kiddo number one, I usually let them have another kid before I get bored with the save or bored with Claire and kill her off.

Screenshot-1976_zpsyze2xjwn.jpg

Just be forewarned Claire and sometimes Jared are Horrible parents!!

Screenshot-2163_zpsxdthlfb7.jpg

Screenshot-1988_zpsga93heea.jpg

:mrgreen:

@Charlottesmom Great shots!! You are right about the traits, the only one I can't stand is the klepto one (I hate to have some random sim steal my perfectly customized things - same reason I hate the repoman), but if I am playing her I won't mind :) Maybe in this game I'll have my sim Lily "accidentally" bump into her (with or without Jared, we'll see) >:)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited April 2017
    Frio brothers :love:
    In my longest saved game the sim I matched with Jared was genius, virtuose, charismatic, great kisser and some other trait I can't remember (perhaps computer wiz?). Basically she was the cool-geeky type, sort of a rockstar (she was at music career). Their relationship was interesting, and by the way the match was not my idea originally, they met at this party and he kissed her (=inappropriate), and I guess the fact she is a great kisser contributed. so after that I decided to go along with that when I controlled them. Later on they broke up but maybe some day I will bring them back together in that save.
    Other sim of mine, met Connor, also at a party (not the same one) while I played the Frio household (I play in rotation by the way). Connor had the romantic moodlet when he met her so I decided so go along with this later in the game. Her traits are good, friendly, bookswarm, excited and I thing she has the good sense of humor too. she works at the bookstore.
    I think giving the potencial match the same traits/career is kind of expected but a little boring. I think there should be a balance between the mutual interests (such as books) and the different stuff so they will complete each other (for example, if Connor is loner and unflirty, the sim that want to build reltionship with him should be friends with him before therfore friendly is usuful. and with Jared- someone inappropriate like him would be a disaster, but someone flirty/great kisser could go along well with him). also in my game Jared is always good with the guitar (can't rememeber if he started with this skill), so I like their connenction is based on jamming together, which is cool, rather than talking about cooking (but that is just my style).
    Personal experience, Connor has a thing for redheads...though I have no mods so not sure what would happen if you have mods installed.
    @Avatarit Good suggestion about the jamming together!! I thought about making her a virtuoso or, even better, a party animal but oh well :)