Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Mikezumi -Great update!I found out the tutorials on the site were hard for others to follow though I was making the tutorial after having only used the tool twice.It looks like another sim got ready to move on.
    @coco -I love that tool a lot and it's a game saver.It can stop the issues of sims freezing to death on their lots from trying to camp out in cold weather.
    @king_of_simcity7 -Thanks for the comment.I only started using the tool very recently.Great pictures!You should just make friends with others and not try to rush into romaces.
    @wendyyi1 -Thanks for the comment.Great start!I would do that to add social workers to my towns.The only issue is that I also have to play my social workers because they're playable sims like everybody else.
    @CravenLestat -Great patterns!
    @Charlottesmom -Great update!I use a Mod to get rid of the social workers and have playable sims to act as repalcement social workers.I'd use a shortened teen for one child in a child household.That object delete is how my older saves got corrupted when social workers took children away.That just causes the baby,toddler or child taken to be object-deleted like is dome with cheats.
    @bekkasan -It's really a lifesaver for poor sims if you know how to make the blueprints because you can make really cheap starter homes in boxes as blueprints.Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Great update!
    @PalmArrow -Great update!
    @sofiaguiomar -Great update!That sounds like a TS3 custom world.I'm testing AnneArobor and was testing Sunset Valley2 though I'm through testing SV2 and have begun to build to set up a new game in it.
    @lanlyn -I would post a few pictures with some text here and a fuller update on my blogs for my stories.
    @MoonandStars83 -It looks like you either have a hard drive getting too full or a computer that needs servicing.
    @emorrill -It's great that you had fun.
    @mycami21 -Great update!
    @OrginalMara -You should've seen that glitched save of mine when the little girl in my active family was in the military career and her little toddler brother was in law enforcement which mage the sims look glitchy like there was bad CC in my game only it was their career outfits causing them to look glitched.That was caused by the social worker taking Caire Ursine's baby away after she died.
    @Nikkei_Simmer -HI there!It sounds like your old account glitched on you.
    @lisasc360 -I might play my simself though I'd likely have them live a life I will never be able to enjoy since I'd want to start a family and can't live in a city setting to do that.
    @Puddinroy -Thanks for the comment.
    @krabby_pattiess -I've been busy with making blueprints to have better ones available.
    @Karritz -I've had the social workers object delete sims and the saves all got corrupted from social workers taking children away.
    @lauravonawesome -Great update!
    @Emo-usasgi2187 -I don't know why you're having those issues because I have only 109NRaas Mod files and over 500 others with new ones being added.It might be that your computer's location needs cleaning and yu might need a new fan.
    Here's my Bluprints in the game as shown.
    These blueprints are all custom made starter homes in boxes for poor families starting out to be able to get shelter quickly in emergencies.
    Here's a single starter in a box for 750$.
    33734553460_12558599f7_c.jpg
    Family starter for 250$.
    33734545870_4e93fa5539_c.jpg
    Couple's starter for 150$.
    33734540620_2dfd6d3aa1_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    My Laptop only 2 years old ain't that old fan works fine cause doesn't overheat right now i have computer tower my brother posed give his his old screen so far i think he forgot am not rich enough or have money spare get my laptop fixed.I got live i have if come point ill unstall my sims and set everything back up is not problem my graphic card is fine. right now am uni town my sims taking studys before she gets a job plus i want my sims live in future so right now i got get her degree ill figure out what going on so don't worry about me.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I found something new to me, but I don't know if its old news to anyone else.

For your singer, acrobat, or magician, before they go to their gig, schedule a party at that location and invite all their friends. You'll have a packed house at the venue, and increase your chances of having a good show and a good moodlet. I don't know if this works because my sim is also a party animal, but its worth a shot. If the gig was at 5pm, I'd schedule the party at 4pm to give everyone a chance to arrive. They all crowded around the stage and had a good time.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Episode 24 of the Isla Paradiso Bunch is now on YouTube.

This episode is about rescuing sims from drowning and the Showtime magician career with performances.

We see the weather stone activated by Judy (a witch) and the green rain.

Not much on toddlers although there is a glimpse or two of them.

https://youtu.be/-1o73gJGZkA
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @emorrill I havn't done much updates to the blog this week but I am starting to get views :smile:

@Puddinroy Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@bekkasan Thanks for the comment :smile:

@lauravonawesome Nice pictures :smile:

@Mikezumi Nice update :smile:

@TadOlson Thanks for the comment :smile:

@Karritz Will check your video out later :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    @Karritz Video 24. Sam's workplace is lovely. Beautiful beach. ...You feel the same way about rain that I feel about snow. I don't want to see too much of it in my game! I see enough in RL. ...Fun watching Dianna the magician showing tricks to the proprietor. ...Neat seeing the gardeners again. ...Crystal Waters Beach is pretty too. ...The witching rain was cool. I don't think I've ever seen it, but maybe once. ...Dianna's gig was on a nice stage. Funny about Meryl and Dianna being mortal enemies. Dianna didn't want to work with her on stage. HA!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Mikezumi Great udpates, I used to be a Buffy fan and your Spike looks awesome.
    thank you.

@lanlyn Thanks two of the room was aready decorated in the house, the parents and Josh, I
    just added the cat beds to josh room, the other two rooms I decorated.

@emorrill Thanks the parents and josh room was already perfect decorated so just edited River and Adams rooms.

@mycami21 Great update

@Charlottesmom Great update that is a great amount of money from collecting

@king_of_simcity7 Great screens

@Puddinroy Thank you

@bekkasan thank you

@TadOlson Great update
    edited April 2017
    @lanlyn thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Meryl is Evil, Mean Spirited, Mooch, Party Animal and Schmoozer. I'm not too sure which part of that upsets Dianna. They've never got along.

I originally made Dianna as a throw away sim to do some testing. I did nothing to her when I made her other than give her some new CC hair I wanted to test. She's default the sim from CAS who wears that white and blue outfit Dianna wears.

Meryl is similar.

I was testing luna's CC I had so I could work out which bits I wanted to remove from my game. Originally I made Dianna do it all by herself. Then I thought it would be faster if I had 2 sims doing it.

All they were for was to see which chairs could be sat on and things like that.

Then when I started this game in Isla Paradiso I initially just had Judy and thought I'd add that other pair to make it a bit more interesting and I liked Dianna's hair. Then I made Craig to balance them out a bit. After a while I decided to add a few more sims and then to start making YouTube videos about their lives.

Dianna's traits are: Star Quality, Social Butterfly, Night Owl, Party Animal, Natural Born Performer.

Meryl got an extra trait of computer whiz. Dianna's extra trait is handy.

I actually just checked their relationship. Currently Meryl and Dianna are not enemies. They are neutral acquaintances. Josephine is Disliked - she's the sim Dianna likes the least at the moment. Their relationship fluctuates a bit over time. The game has progressed somewhat since that performance in the video. Dianna definitely looked like she didn't want Meryl on stage. Her reaction surprised me - but I was also surprised when Meryl got up to do it in the first place.

Josephine is the hot headed genie.

I've started working on the next video now. It's got more of a toddler focus. Plus plenty of busy Sims working towards their various lifetime wishes.

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Just wanted to add that @Mikezumi your Spike is spot-on... even the facial contouring is perfect. :)

I'm always impressed by your Sims~ they're beautiful, and you take great pictures... do you have the Photographer's Eye trait? :lol:
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @mycami21 , I agree, Lucky Palms should definitely have a wedding chapel! I like the way you made yours, with several differenty themed wedding rooms. Inspector Grey is a great looking Sim, he really looks like a person!

@bekkasan , is your current game in Midnight Hollow? I like the contrast between the dark surroundings and your colourful interiors and Sims' clothes! Gardenia looks great in her witch outfit.

@Charlottesmom , now that Lilah has some skills and money, her life doesn't seem bad at all. She is like a character from a children's book, like Pippi Longstocking, doing what she wants, inviting friends over and skipping school! (And now I actually want to play a Pippi Longstocking Sim.)

@lauravonawesome , Fallon is so pretty!

@Mikezumi , I know it was inevitable, but I felt so sorry for Jordan, especially with the gradually changing facial expressions you captured!

@TadOlson , I'm impressed by the emergecy starter home that only costs 150!

@Karritz , thanks to your video I've seen the weather stone in use for the first time. It looks cool, and it fits very nicely with the surroundings in Isla Paradiso!

@lanlyn , you did a really good job with editing the photobombing Sim out of the picture. Thanks to your post I downloaded and installed Gimp yesterday. I can see that it can do many things that paint.net, which I've been using, can't. I just need to get used to it!

@KevinL5275 , that's excellent advice for the Showtime carreers, thank you!

• lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    Just the last posts on page 1413 for now. I'll try to do more comments tomorrow. :)

@MoonandStars83 How frustrating that your game is still giving you issues! Bummer.

@Charlottesmom I've had a sim glitch like Thayer did. So weird. But I didn't age him in CAS. It happened in an old Riverview game that was getting corrupt. Luis turned into a clone of his mother and became a grown daughter, the same age as his/her mom. He still had his boy name though. Needless to say, I no longer play in that world!

What Luis is suppose to look like:
    Luis.jpg

What he glitched into:
    MalloyMalady%252520%2525286%252529.jpg

Luis listening to his/her mother play the piano while dad wonders what happened to his son!
    MalloyMalady%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @lanlyn , I think I remember you posting a picture of that glitch before. I gave you an "awesome" because there is no button for "terrifying". :open_mouth:
    @lanlyn that glitch brought back bad memories.

It made me remember a game I was playing years ago. Maybe as far back as 2010. The mother had a toddler and a husband and all seemed to be going well. Then I noticed she was walking strangely. She flashed from YA to Toddler to YA to Toddler etc with each step. It was years before I used mods and didn't have an earlier save to go back to so in the end had to get rid of the save.

@PalmArrow it was a first time for me to see the weather stone working for a witch too. Now I just have to get a fairy, and a werewolf to have a go. It won't be in this game though as I don't have any of those supernatural types in it and don't want to add any more right now.

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @lanlyn , I think I remember you posting a picture of that glitch before. I gave you an "awesome" because there is no button for "terrifying". :open_mouth:

No button for terrifying :D That made me giggle.Nothing like waking up to sims 3 humor.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2017
    @lauravonawesome Wow that teal is great on Fallon and cute hair too,hard to believe a mere toddler from AS grew up had babies and produced that hottie sim. :love: Glad she got the dark hair cause it goes great with her face.And she even got Kristen's grey blue eyes. :o

EDIT: Always thought Kristen's mom Lara looked like a lizard love the name Lara though but her eyes are so far apart she can read 2 books at the same time. :D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @lauravonawesome Wow that teal is great on Fallon and cute hair too,hard to believe a mere toddler from AS grew up had babies and produced that hottie sim. :love: Glad she got the dark hair cause it goes great with her face.And she even got Kristen's grey blue eyes. :o

I know, right! Not to blow my own horn here, but I love how the teal dress brings out those blue eyes :)

Her kids have both aged up too~ Gabe looks almost identical to his mom now that he's aged up, and both he and his sister inherited her eyes. Genesis is only a child ATM, but she's gonna be beautiful when she's older.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    i have a short update, will post more tonight.

[img][/img]lTO4Jb7.jpg

[img][/img]SwCXR87.jpg

Normal morning in the family

[img][/img]L3iVXdI.jpg

[img][/img]lLjqBl8.jpg

[img][/img]glVba15.jpg

Cats were relaxing

[img][/img]Q7uEkDb.jpg

[img][/img]vZeIlMN.jpg

[img][/img]6D6Od6S.jpg

[img][/img]b5XYaPi.jpg

when everyone was away to school and work anoki had a relaxing day off work for a couple of hours, it was a hot summer day.

all for now

• xAquaButterflyxxAquaButterflyx Posts: 34 Member
    Well, my game is trolling me. My sim is a lifeguard and she's had to save her cousin's life about four times in the past week. Followed by him trying very hard to flirt with her. He won't leave her alone :#
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi guys!

I came back from my Easter hollidays and found this thread had cone 10+ pages forward full of cool pics and great posts, so I spread out tons of awesomes for all of you!
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
    @junceda Welcome back to the thread :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • rachelt405rachelt405 Posts: 1,533 Member
    hi guys this is my update
    Freya loves living near the sea, there is so many activities for her to do, she went to the beach and met a guy called Harley and they hit it off straight away, they have been on loads of dates and he gets on so well with little Mikey and Mikey's birthday is in a few days time. Harley is moving in with them when its Mikey's birthday ( he may as well move in now he's always staying over ) he is planning on proposing to Freya the day before Mikey's birthday . Freya's dogs Ice and Boo have aged up and they are enjoying the days they have left, she is in the process of searching the internet looking at adopting a pet

Freya got herself a speedboat and she loves being on the sea, she's seen a house boat that's for sale which she thinks will be great for them all but is waiting till Harley's moved in first so they can choose their first home together
    Be kind to animals please help stop all cruelty to them

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited April 2017
    Decided to take a trip down memory lane, I was looking for a few pictures I posted when I first started posting in this thread (around page 200) none of my old links work anymore (Stoopid photobucket!!) I needed pictures of Shane! I also want to yell at my past self for not leaving more feedback on the Awesome stories that were going on back then. :s

I spent about two hours just flipping thought the stories it was great to see @MiyuEmi 's Jonah story, it was one of my favorites (Jonah and Riley were some darn good looking Sims), @emorrill was posting her MLP story but I couldn't see any of the pictures due to the board's broken links :'( . @GaiaHypothesis was still a regular poster (miss her!!), @thuggishsplicer was posting regularly too (Miss you Mark!!). @lanlyn was doing her Bonnie and Clyde story...Clyde and Ruby just got married and are now ITF. Poor Bonnie, unlucky in love..I wish I could see @Karritz 's pictures because there is a lot going on! @TadOlson was working on Storybrook County from 1550, I had no idea Eli and Ami were already married at 11!! It was nice to read their back story. @Puddinroy , I had forgotten you posted way back then! @texansky was posting, @RedDestiny92 was posting a lot too... :)

Back to current day....

@emorrill , So far behind! The baby mourning doves are too cute! they are among my favorite wild birds.
    **Just watched Episode 6, The Frankie everyone is Italian in the 50's one...some hot smoochin' going on in that one...(Can't recall the title and Zach already took over the TV...he put in The Lord of the Rings...Arrrrgghh!)
    **Read you guys had a ball at the Wildlife Refuge, it sounds like it was lots of fun!

@king_of_simcity7 , A couple of your new Sims sound like a handful!

@Karritz , That is a ton of spawners!!

@lisasc360 , It appears I have to keep Hal on a short leash (and nag him the bathe more)! wonder why my SS is paired with a guy who is basically Don Lothario with a different look. My SS always looks so thrilled... :s
    **Stoopid burglar!
    **I love the Bee Gees! Saturday Night Fever is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    **Ummmm, "interesting painting, I'm trying to figure out what it is...(the yellow one)
    **Your updates always make me hungry!!
    **your SS and Donny appear happy together!

@Mikezumi , Jordan is vicious with that face kick at Cait!
    **Brogan is a sweet looking teen! I love that he rolled Party Animal, that should make life interesting!
    **The elder Gnome smacking the teen Gnome! LOL!!
    **The Ghost Cliff and Jordan smooch!! <3:*
    **Shannon is really going to be crushed when Jordan goes...they get along so well!
    **Rowan is as cute as a button for sure!
    **The Cheek pinch! Jordan and Rowan are totally cute together!
    **Bridie's scissors painting is a bit freaky!
    **Yo!! Shannon posing in the buff...(aren't you glad I told you about the nekked sketches...!! >:) )..
    **Very glad Jordan mastered painting, I was afraid his time was going to run out before he managed it.
    **You're going to appreciate all those selfie pictures with Jordan and Cliff in them, You should hang some of them up so the kids can remember their dads/grandpas.
    **Yup, forgot Connor was an old coot in your save, too bad he is gone now.. :'( BUT his son is one of the cuties in your town, I look for him when there is a party or your Sims are at the park.
    **I did a gender switch on my SS once, my Sim Nick Indigo is the result, though she was hideous as a male so I tweaked the he*ck out of Nick, he has her eyes only..(I'm sure I'm just overly critical of her as a male...and female).
    **Nice to know Spike's name is William... :wink:
    **I would have kept him Evil!! >:)
    **I love her formal dress is that CC?
    **I have no problems if let her turn old and die normally, it will be a big change for my normally tortured to dreath SS. She is yours now...do your bidding...bwahaha!! (I know you'll be nice...too nice! o:) )
    **Your Jared...Yipes!! <3
    **Connor...he still has that cute dopey geeky look on his face that I adore!

@ilikethesims30 , I need to check out Simkyoto, it looks like a pretty world.
    **Sparkling juice! LOL! ;)

@TadOlson , The blueprint house is great and will come in handy!

@Emo-usagi2187 , I hope your game decides to run better very soon.

@venusdemilosims , I can't see your pictures... :'(

@CravenLestat , You did a great job on Holly's makeover but those eyebrows... They (though I personally would switch them) would be much more flattering if messed with with the sliders...but I hate 75% of EA's assigned eyebrows anyways, most are not terribly flattering.
    **Beautiful patterns! Now see Hui's eyebrows are much more flattering... ;)

@Silverofdreams30 , Lovely picture of Adam and Butter!

@PalmArrow , Stray Cat and Stray dog playing..it's sweet they like each other so much.
    **My Sims frequently scattered the hay for the horses/Unicorns when I had them in game.
    **LOL! stray Cat doesn't like fleas! Smart kitty...
    **The foggy river pictures!
    **Not sure if I told you but your patterns are AWESOME!!

@coco , I can't even tell you did some sprucing up on Sun's hair, it looks perfect! Saville looks handsome as per usual!

@imdragonit , Your Genie and Fairy couple look like they are enjoying their new daughter. <3

@krabby_pattiess , Did that lady break into your house and is getting ready to kidnap your baby?

@Karritz , I'm very much afraid that if I start with CC I'll never stop!

@Minx11 , That stinks!! Hope you got it fixed somehow.

@OriginalMara , I find Uni boring as he*ll with Connor because all I normally let him do is study...Probably too late now but if you made a duplicate of the town his family is in before he went to Uni you could have switched back and fourth. Take screenshots in your duplicate town of what was going on at home with his wife and son, then switch to what is going on with him at Uni...instead of being trapped at Uni. Delete duplicate town after he gets home from Uni.

:smiley:

Post edited by Charlottesmom on
    @Charlottesmom Thanks for the comment :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Mikezumi ahh, I knew it would happen, but oh, so sad. :( You got some great shots of him and so many people came to see him off. :)
    Shannon knows, he and Nevan used to do the same thing! :) They do look like they are thinking about other things in that shot.

@TadOlson Cool update with the blueprints for the starter homes. Thanks for your comment. :)

@KevinL5275 What a clever idea. I don't have showtime in my game right now (miss the instruments very much too) but I will remember that tip for when I do add it back.

@Karritz Congrats on the new video.

@PalmArrow Thanks for the comments. Yes, it is in Midnight Hollow and am using a light mod so it helps a bit with that perpetual darkness. I've found the town homes have a lot of routing issues as the residents keep missing work, school etc (getting overwatch notices) and I find them stuck in their homes near the doors or stairs. I'm going to have to try to fix issues or see if Ellacharmed or someone else has a fixed version of the world. :( I did not have Nraas when I originally tried this world and I had a lot of lag issues back then, probably because of the routing fails.

@lanlyn ewww...what a creepy glitch. That save needed an exorcist. :lol:

@Silverofdreams30 I enjoyed the pics of your sims. The kitty looks like he is getting ready to pounce on the toy. Anoki looks very relaxed. :)

@xAquaButterflyx ok...that is weird. I've never had cousins try to flirt in my game.

@junceda hehe...it does move fast.

@rachelt405 Glad you sim is settling in and met someone she is falling for. Sounds like it was a good move for her. :)

@Charlottesmom oh my, that was a long time ago and I just lurked back then, no comments or participation. I loved @MiyuEmi's Jonah story. So many good stories that have been shared on this thread.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top