Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

Question: Do you have any recommendations for a challenge one can do if you are new to SimLit? I'm delving into the Pen Pal Project and I started the Murkland challenge in a more documentary style, but I would like something that's good for storytelling when you are just starting out at writing. I would be happy if somebody could recommend a specific challenge that helps with that. So far I'm considering starting with a legacy challenge, but I'm not sure I can keep up with such a long story without making it boring to read ...

I am doing one that is fairly short based on the Escape to Nowhere challenge. It it a total of 60 sim days and lends itself well to creative writing. At least I am having a blast with it. I chose it because it was short and I knew I would complete it. Here is a link to the rules. modthesims.info/t/522017 My siggy has a link to my story about the challenge.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

Question: Do you have any recommendations for a challenge one can do if you are new to SimLit? I'm delving into the Pen Pal Project and I started the Murkland challenge in a more documentary style, but I would like something that's good for storytelling when you are just starting out at writing. I would be happy if somebody could recommend a specific challenge that helps with that. So far I'm considering starting with a legacy challenge, but I'm not sure I can keep up with such a long story without making it boring to read ...

I am doing one that is fairly short based on the Escape to Nowhere challenge. It it a total of 60 sim days and lends itself well to creative writing. At least I am having a blast with it. I chose it because it was short and I knew I would complete it. Here is a link to the rules. modthesims.info/t/522017 My siggy has a link to my story about the challenge.

i'l ask you what i asked sissy a while back .if you escape to nowhere wouldn't you be in the exact same place?
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I own all the seasons on dvd. I liked it, but I think it could have been more accurate. Though, it was more accurate to Anne's history then The Other Boleyn Girl by Philappa Gregory.

That's cool! We enjoyed it. Actually, we haven't yet finished it...
    because we got need a break from beheadings... we'll come back to it!

I love the costumes and the music, especially. I used to play in an early music group, and a lot of the music we played is on the soundtrack!

I think the liberties they took historically add dramatic tension, variety, and interest--and help us sympathize with the characters. But it would be so fun to see a more accurate version!

i watched the first episode of got yesterday.

Game of Thrones? That is such an amazing show! I love it!! I'm actually reading the books currently.

yes. game of thrones.i probably confused cathtea too. but the inside sissy joke is me being confused then her explaining.

It's a really good show. You have to binge watch it.

i was off yesterday. tomorrow i want my dishwasher back. its still outside. wednesday will be a week.

A week without your dishwasher?

i got it back now. i have a inspection monday.
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member

I own all the seasons on dvd. I liked it, but I think it could have been more accurate. Though, it was more accurate to Anne's history then The Other Boleyn Girl by Philappa Gregory.

I love the costumes and the music, especially. I used to play in an early music group, and a lot of the music we played is on the soundtrack!

I think the liberties they took historically add dramatic tension, variety, and interest--and help us sympathize with the characters. But it would be so fun to see a more accurate version!

Game of Thrones? That is such an amazing show! I love it!! I'm actually reading the books currently.

yes. game of thrones.i probably confused cathtea too. but the inside sissy joke is me being confused then her explaining.

i was off yesterday. tomorrow i want my dishwasher back. its still outside. wednesday will be a week.

Glad you got it back. What is the inspection for?
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options

i'm on section 8. low rent housing so i pay portion of rent and the state which is called hud pays the rest once a year they come and check the apartment .one of the things they check is the dishwasher.since i didn't have one i wouldn'have passed.
  • Options

i'm on section 8. low rent housing so i pay portion of rent and the state which is called hud pays the rest once a year they come and check the apartment .one of the things they check is the dishwasher.since i didn't have one i wouldn'have passed.

Ohh okay. I had never heard of that stuff before.
  • Options
    UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    Chapter 2.10 has been posted, and I am now in the 1930s! Virginia and David have gotten a new change of clothes to match the time period too! :)Wallingsford Historical Legacy
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Thank you for your suggestion @AudreyFld. I'll check it out and read your story while I'm at it :smile:
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Good timezones, everyone! Keeping up with th thread for sometime, and finally have something to talk about in here!Question time! This one is ( yet again) to help with some plot development that may happen in the future...Can people be confused in what is their sexuality? not confuse in a negation way, but more as it don't fit anywhere. :)
  • Options
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Good timezones, everyone! Keeping up with th thread for sometime, and finally have something to talk about in here!Question time! This one is ( yet again) to help with some plot development that may happen in the future...Can people be confused in what is their sexuality? not confuse in a negation way, but more as it don't fit anywhere. :)

I think it is possible.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited April 2017

I was confused, I still am. Am I pan? Am I bi? I don't quite know! I feel like I don't fit, but at the same time I feel like I'm one or the either.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    edited April 2017
    Can people be confused in what is their sexuality?

Definitely. Depending on your age and experience, you might be more confused or think that you are certain. I think based on studies and personal experience I've had and asked - and I don't want to seem like a preacher or something - that sexuality is a very fluid thing. Everything can change. That might only mean that as a teen you swooned over features you might not necesserily like as an adult, but also that you might be attracted to different people entirely. This does sometimes happen, because preferences can vary. Sexuality is of course something you are born with and cannot change simply by willing it so, but I believe it is something that can be influenced by different factors and even cultures. Like, for example, beauty standards and social norms. It might be something as simple as liking blue eyes or something like developing feelings for a woman when you've only had men your whole life.
    So think about the factors your character has in his own personality, but also his environment and all the factors on the outside. Depending on his stage in life and his upbringing, he might have had to surpress his sexuality and therefore it could sort of "flare up" later in life, for example. Or the other way around, loving freely and later deciding to focus only on one gender/type of person.

What I believe is a very important topic is the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. For example, you could love someone in a romantic way, but not necesserily want to hop into bed with him. The same applies to somebody who might satisfy you sexually, but who does not share your interests and might not be fitting for your lifestyle or as a spouse for you. This can make for excellent conflict!
    Sexuality is an extremely sensitive topic, because it is diverse and sums up many different facettes. So yes, you can absolutely be confused about it. I hope I did not offend anyone with my opinion on the topic. I have some classes about psychoanalysis for characters and the question of sexuality and identity was a topic of a paper I published, so I tend to rant about this a lot :smiley: Happens when you analyze fictional characters for a living.

I'll stop boring you now. Short answer is: Yes, definitely possible to be confused.

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    i had a good day and i still haven't had coffee. i definitlely get my diswasher sometime this week. apartment inspection moday.

oh and i saw Brian or as jes sometimes calls him Briannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i still love her.

That's Briiiiiiiiaaaaaaaan :p

Hi. :D
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Jes2G wrote: »
    i had a good day and i still haven't had coffee. i definitlely get my diswasher sometime this week. apartment inspection moday.

oh and i saw Brian or as jes sometimes calls him Briannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i still love her.

That's Briiiiiiiiaaaaaaaan :p

Hi. :D

hi. i just knew you tease me. but your the only one i let tease me about Brian.
  • Options
    Can people be confused in what is their sexuality?

Definitely. Depending on your age and experience, you might be more confused or think that you are certain. I think based on studies and personal experience I've had and asked - and I don't want to seem like a preacher or something - that sexuality is a very fluid thing. Everything can change. That might only mean that as a teen you swooned over features you might not necesserily like as an adult, but also that you might be attracted to different people entirely. This does sometimes happen, because preferences can vary. Sexuality is of course something you are born with and cannot change simply by willing it so, but I believe it is something that can be influenced by different factors and even cultures. Like, for example, beauty standards and social norms. It might be something as simple as liking blue eyes or something like developing feelings for a woman when you've only had men your whole life.
    So think about the factors your character has in his own personality, but also his environment and all the factors on the outside. Depending on his stage in life and his upbringing, he might have had to surpress his sexuality and therefore it could sort of "flare up" later in life, for example. Or the other way around, loving freely and later deciding to focus only on one gender/type of person.

What I believe is a very important topic is the difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction. For example, you could love someone in a romantic way, but not necesserily want to hop into bed with him. The same applies to somebody who might satisfy you sexually, but who does not share your interests and might not be fitting for your lifestyle or as a spouse for you. This can make for excellent conflict!
    Sexuality is an extremely sensitive topic, because it is diverse and sums up many different facettes. So yes, you can absolutely be confused about it. I hope I did not offend anyone with my opinion on the topic. I have some classes about psychoanalysis for characters and the question of sexuality and identity was a topic of a paper I published, so I tend to rant about this a lot :smiley: Happens when you analyze fictional characters for a living.

I'll stop boring you now. Short answer is: Yes, definitely possible to be confused.

Tell me about it. I grew up having a huge crush on Daniel Radcliffe so those who had his qualities I found attractive until I hit the age of 18. My tastes changed to blonde hair blue or brown eyes. Though since I was seventeen I've been attracted to Asians as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @friendsfan367 Neighborhood rotation stories...kinda like what you're doing with the Benders, but on purpose lol. (and usually with some predetermined method/rules/organized way of doing it)

Gnite!

Are you ducking the tomatoes I'm lobbing your way? :p

@friendsfan367 I think you did write your rotation chapters purposefully! And yes, that's what it's like: telling the story of more than one family in a neighborhood.

You're throwing tomatoes at me?! Whyyyyy? lol

because your a troublemmaker. lol. no i don't know why shes throwing tomatos at you.
  • Options

i'l ask you what i asked sissy a while back .if you escape to nowhere wouldn't you be in the exact same place?

Hahahaha! More or less!!!!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

I think it's often a huge part of accepting yourself as gay or bi and of coming out. Like, I knew I was attracted to women ever since I was 14 and took on the bi label as soon as I heard it, but it took me a while to figure out if how I felt towards men was true attraction or something forced/misplaced. It's the latter (I just wanted friends/attention/find the ultra-masculine metalhead aesthetic to be the best), but I didn't figure that out until 20.

And sometimes today, I still sit back and wonder: am I a real lesbian or a double-confused bi woman? I dunno. At least the logic behind people's male simcrushes always baffles me. I guess that's comforting. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited April 2017

sometimes i get philsopical and deep. i call it the sissy influence.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    *does a facepalm about parents*
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

She definitely can get deep!
  • Options

She definitely can get deep!

I have a friend whose like a brother and he gets philosophical a lot.
  • Options
    I'm facepalming myself because of how silly my dad was
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @CathyTea Guess what Personas they are for Anne (as compared to Matt's personas)
    Yxc0jri.png
    vKygfgg.png

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @MadameLee :D Laughing too hard to guess! I'll be back later with real guesses!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top