Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any strategic benefit to become a PlantSim?

Besides curiosity for the first time, is there any strategic reason to become a PlantSim for five days?
soul-glo.gif
Let your soul shine through.

Comments

• horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    Getting gardening skill faster, I think?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Faster gardening skill and aesthetically pleasing for those who like green
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    If you don't like cooking.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    it might be a good way to lose weight passively :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    My Sim's been collecting beans because I want to see the tree and what happens next.

I can't think of a good reason to turn her into a plantsim though. I'm not all that interested in raising her gardening skills quickly.

I did think of putting a random Sim into the household and letting him/her become a plantsim which seems like the better option for me.

All will depend on whether or not I can get the elusive Uncomfortable bean. I'm beginning to think I'll lose the will to carry on before that happens...
    Don't feed the trolls
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    Besides curiosity for the first time, is there any strategic reason to become a PlantSim for five days?

You get to be a freakin mascot for a can of green peas....hope your into vegetables tonight I have a can.....
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think the tree is nice. In fact, I have two of them. It's inspired me to move all my fruit trees off the garden on the roof and into the garden around it. With a little fence.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    Ehh if you love the outdoors you can sleep outside, and get the happy buff and your hunger filled at the same time. Plus the tree is in fact gorgeous!
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah... If your gardening skill is important for you to raise, Plant Sim form is for you... Also no need for food, just get yourself a pool and swim to satisfy hunger and some athletic while at it lol. I took the challenge merely for the sake of taking it on...No interest in having a plant sim myself...
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »

You get to be a freakin mascot for a can of green peas....hope your into vegetables tonight I have a can.....

DegrassiGen, your nature boy choice of play would be/ is IMO ideal for a Plant Sim look lol. (You know, cause what use would a plant of all things, have need for clothing for?)

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    My sim is already high up in the gardening skill yet...
    TQThTi7.png?1
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    If your strategy is temporarily raising sims with a green skin tone in your population, then yes. :)
    The question seemed a bit odd to me because I don't do anything for "strategic reasons" in TS. I play SimCity for that. The Sims is just playing with genetics, messing around in CAS, trying to get better at building and having fun with my creations. I thought turning a sim green for a few days and dealing with different needs would be fun and it was. The gardening boost was just a fortunate side effect.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've completed the challenge but feel a bit cheated. I don't need my sims to be plantsims since they've maxed out their gardening skill already and the forbidden fruit does little else.

@ratsrbest To get the uncomfortable bean, I locked a plantsim in an empty room with loads of spoiled dishes. Worked a treat!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Oh, that's a good idea. Biting them would also probably work if you have a vampire handy.
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    What does a plantsim do thats different from a regular sim other than being green and increased gardening skill?