Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jazztizz Showcase

JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Thanks to @Corwim and @Rosemow for encouraging me to start this thread. Thanks to @Laebeth, @Veriona and all the creative folks who have stopped by my gallery or commented here and/or on @Rosemow's room challenge thread. This first post is a work in progress and will serve as an index. I'll add photos next and then move each on individually to it's own post. Thanks for the ideas @Corwim on organization.

THE SIMS 4

LOTS

NTRFjJt.jpg

ROOMS

A090tP8.jpg?1

TS4 HOUSEHOLDS
Any sims marked "CAS Challenge" are from my first attempt at CAS. Special thanks to @Huskylove210 for the creative challenge. It was fun. Here's the creator's link: 33 Day Create-A-Sim

92WNx4p.jpg?1

TS4 CHALLENGES

TS4 BUILDING CHALLENGES
Originally TS2 recreated for TS4

1. The φ Phi Challenge

2. Valentine's Day Challenge

3. Unpainted Shell House Challenge

4. The Dream Book Challenge

5. [url="[b]https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15708692/#Comment_15708692[/b]"]Pick One (or more) of 20[/url] – coming soon.

6. The Neutra House

7. Emerald Beach House

TS4 GAME-PLAY CHALLENGES
Recently recreated for TS4 from TS2

JZoRZ4P.jpg

Mentor Challenge

Time Travel Challenge (University) – coming if/when EA makes TS4 university.

TS4 VIDEOS

THE SIMS 3

SD.jpg

TS3 GAMEPLAY CHALLENGES

Big Brother Challenge

TS3 CAS CHALLENGE

Jet Li

CAS Photo Links

LTA Icons

Screen Shots

THE SIMS 2

eifccYi.jpg

THE SIMS 1

TS1 BUILDING CONTESTS

Unofficial Pick of the Week
by UPotW (jazztizz). Weekly building contest. Winner included a walk-thru of their lot and detailed comments. I'd love to reprise this using video instead of text on the forum so that I can get better at making videos. I did this for TS2 on the GMC thread also. Great fun. Love shining a light on beautiful creations.

TS1 CAS HOMAGE HOUSEHOLDS
Pix/TS4 versions coming soon. With CAS/posing on TS1 I learned a lot from Skacey - miss that girl. My names were Jazztizz (I think that was one of my names). Others were Table_Dancing, UPotW and Henry Higgins

TS1 BUILDING CHALLENGES
    Coming soon for TS4

Minis Tirith

Gus and Cal’s House – Montana (for Lonesome Dove fanfic)

Starview Diner

O’Toole’s Billiard Hall

Sullivan House 1920 (for Meg Smith series stories)

TS1 STORIES
    Coming soon for TS4

Meg Smith and the Case of the Missing Spinning Wheel – Parts 1-7
    A time-travel adventure through the jazz age. Based on a true love story (my grandparents’)

Shelly Dova – My Life So Far
    College freshman falls in love for the first time, but her college has strict rules. Will the romance survive? (Based on a true story.)

The Fae Sisters
    Aka “The Malapropos Sisters.” Based on a true story.

███▓▒░░._____.░░▒▓███► Check Back for Updates
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    Post edited by Jazztizz on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
      It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your creations! :) I have been enjoying seeing the rooms that you have been posting on the room challenge thread !
      You may like to also post lthe website gallery links to the builds , here in this thread with your pictures of the builds.
      I have posted about the rooms on the challenge thread. The Verdant is such a very nice nightclub! :) The layout of the interior of the venue looks so very nice! Very nice upstairs balcony tables and chairs area for sims to look down and see what is happening below. The bar counter and dance floor area looks very nice! Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music. The shapes of the bar stool tables there looks so very effective and nice! Very nice bar counter area! It looks great that there are three TVs there for sims to enjoy watching tv, and also to use telesplosion with the dj booth. The blue and white wall patterning looks very nice and the drinks display shelves look great how they are placed on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The basement area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables using the computer, or enjoy keeping fit usimg the treadmill.
      I don't watch the show so am unsure about the charecters and what Oliver does in the show, but the basement looks great!
      It is a very nice club venue! :)
    • JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
      rosemow wrote: »
      It is great that you have started a showcase thread for your creations! :) I have been enjoying seeing the rooms that you have been posting on the room challenge thread !
      You may like to also post lthe website gallery links to the builds , here in this thread with your pictures of the builds.
      I have posted about the rooms on the challenge thread. The Verdant is such a very nice nightclub! :) The layout of the interior of the venue looks so very nice! Very nice upstairs balcony tables and chairs area for sims to look down and see what is happening below. The bar counter and dance floor area looks very nice! Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music. The shapes of the bar stool tables there looks so very effective and nice! Very nice bar counter area! It looks great that there are three TVs there for sims to enjoy watching tv, and also to use telesplosion with the dj booth. The blue and white wall patterning looks very nice and the drinks display shelves look great how they are placed on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The basement area looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables using the computer, or enjoy keeping fit usimg the treadmill.
      I don't watch the show so am unsure about the charecters and what Oliver does in the show, but the basement looks great!
      It is a very nice club venue! :)

@rosemow Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I really appreciate it. I took your suggestion and added links to the gallery for each room. Oliver Queen is an interesting character and I really enjoy the show. It's on Netflix if you have that. Check it out some time. They have a new secret lair but I haven't seen the latest season. =) Thanks again Rose!
      Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
    • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
      Hey! Great showcase. Congrats on getting it up and running! You have some wonderful builds already. The dorm you got favorited for is naturally gorgeous but I also like the Verdant. I love the color scheme of the club or dance area. That mint color looks so good with the white and black! Good luck on future builds, look forward to seeing more :)
      OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
      My Sims 4 Showcase
      My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
      Laebeth wrote: »
      Hey! Great showcase. Congrats on getting it up and running! You have some wonderful builds already. The dorm you got favorited for is naturally gorgeous but I also like the Verdant. I love the color scheme of the club or dance area. That mint color looks so good with the white and black! Good luck on future builds, look forward to seeing more :)

@Laebeth thank you. =) I really appreciate your comments and input! I'll check out your showcase next.
    • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
      Yay, you started your own showcase, wonderful! B) Love your Six Cypres Solitude house! Very creative architecture, I really love what you did there on the first floor with the balcony and roofing, very original. And love your room design, you have a fantastic eye for detail, really enjoy seeing what you come up with each week for Rosemow's challenges. :) And you already know what I think of Verdant! You nailed the look and feel of the club from the tv show and the underground Arrow lair is just perfect love it! <3

Looking forward to what you'll come up with next!
      Corwim wrote: »
      Yay, you started your own showcase, wonderful! B) Love your Six Cypres Solitude house! Very creative architecture, I really love what you did there on the first floor with the balcony and roofing, very original. And love your room design, you have a fantastic eye for detail, really enjoy seeing what you come up with each week for Rosemow's challenges. :) And you already know what I think of Verdant! You nailed the look and feel of the club from the tv show and the underground Arrow lair is just perfect love it! <3

Looking forward to what you'll come up with next!

@Corwim thank you so much. =) You made my day. <3
      edited April 2017
      I have a question @Corwim or @Rosemow or @Laebeth =) When you showcase your uploads, do you put everything? Also do you have lots, families and rooms on one thread? So that's two questions. If you have the time /inclination to answer then thank you very much!

I'll try to update this thread soon with new uploads.
      Hello :)
      You can post all of your builds on your showcase thread, or just particular ones. It depends on what you would like to showcase, Some simmers post just certain ones, whilst other simmers post all of them. If you would like to also post sims , you could do that. Corwim includes his sims also on his build showcase thread.
      edited April 2017
      Hello :)
      You can post all of your builds on your showcase thread, or just particular ones. It depends on what you would like to showcase, Some simmers post just certain ones, whilst other simmers post all of them. If you would like to also post sims , you could do that. Corwim includes his sims also on his build showcase thread.

@rosemow thank you so much for your answer. I appreciate that. I was just visiting Corwim's gallery. The closeup photos of his sims are amazing. I remember knowing how to do that for TS1 but it's been years (17 or so?!). I'm guessing there are specific TS4 sims poses but I noticed @Corwim giving callouts to "sim posers." So do you contract with people for that? Still a lot to learn. Thanks again Rosemow. =)<3 Btw Corwim you are really good at CAS. I cheat a lot and upload genetic finds. ^_^
      edited April 2017
      Hey!

As Rosemow said, it's really up to you! Remember, this is your showcase, so you use it however you want. There's really no right or wrong! As for me, I have my thread very organized (because that's just how I am as a person) so if you look at my index for example I have it divided into 'Lots', 'Commercial lots' and 'rooms'. For lots I have put up everything I have created (old stuff too).Not sure why, I just wanted to include it all, since (as I also explain in the intro) it's all part of my journey in being a builder. For rooms I have only posted a few old rooms, the ones I liked the best. I have many more on the gallery I haven't bothered to showcase here.

So yes, I post it all in the one showcase!

As for Sims, I don't showcase any of them. I only have like 3 families on the gallery I think. I don't really make Sims (at least not yet) so I know very little about that whole process. @Corwim will definitely be better help on that issue!

:)

My Sims 4 Twitter
      My Sims 4 Showcase
      My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
      edited April 2017
      Hi @Jazztizz !

I agree with Rosemow and Laebeth, it's your showcase, so you decide how you set it up to your liking. :) Just adding my two cents here on how I did it as that's how it works best for me. I decided to put all my uploads in one showcase thread, including both builds and sims. I initially started a topic for my sims separately in the Sims and Modeling section of the forum, but quickly noticed I got zero response/views there as that section is leaning more towards the modeling part, meaning sims that use CC, custom poses and photoshopping. And that's perfectly fine, but somehow it felt like my sims didn't really belong there lol. :D Plus, my sims are also always linked to my builds as inspiration so to me it made more sense to put them in the same showcase, but separate them on the first page of my showcase in different index posts. Your experience may be different though! :smile:

One thing I would recommend is keeping your posts limited to only one upload and its pictures per post here on the forum, and maybe replace your first post with an index. Your showcase is going to grow and grow, and that way you can keep it organized in the future. You can do as I did and refer to your creations and posts per page in your index, or you can also link directly to the post of a specific build in your index post (involves a bit more work, and I had no idea how to do that when I started lolz, still plan on doing that one of these days: you can get the link to a specific post when you right click on the time stamp of that post in the left upper corner, copy it and then paste it in your index post, something I learned from @rosemow :smile: ) )

As for the different Gallery poses I use, that involves a bit of modding. :) Don't know whether you use any type of mod in your game or run a modfree game? In any case, no worries for the gallery poses mods, they don't add any CC to your game or change it in any way, they are simply used to generate a different screenshot for your household uploads that are a whole lot better than the standard Maxis poses for sims. :wink: To be able to use them, you first need the files for them. Simply google around for 'Sims 4 gallery poses' and you'll find a bunch. Make sure you add the 'gallery' bit as there are plenty of poses too that are used in game, still others that are used in CAS and finally (the ones you want) poses used for Gallery screenshots. The two most popular simmers who make Gallery poses are:

- Vanderetro: vanderetro.tumblr.com/
      - SakuraLeon: j-e-n-n-e-h.tumblr.com/

There are a few other creators, but I find myself using their poses the most (especially Vanderetro's). :) You're free to use their poses for your uploads, but all they ask is to be credited in a hashtag in your upload descriptions that use their poses, hence why you find those in mine. :smile: They are also both on the Gallery, so you might consider following them there as they do announce when they have new pose packs available on their websites in the shape of a Gallery upload.

Download the gallery poses you are interested in and then unzip them to get the separate files. To be sure to keep a CCfree game, I use a separate documents folder to store the poses I use, so create a Sims 4 Gallery Poses folder outside your ElectronicArts/Sims 4 documents folder to store the pose files. Then, each time you want to use a pose, copy the poses you want to use from there, and paste them in your Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods folder (there's a Resource.cfg file already there, whatever you do, never remove that file, asfaik that's the file that links the mods you add to your game so they actually work lol). Next, start up your game, you will get a pop up, saying the game has detected mods and whether you want to continue, just click yes and head on over in CAS. Place the sim you want to upload and click on Save household, and this is where you'll see the magic happen! :wink:

Unfortunately you cannot directly select which pose you want to use for your upload. The game will always generate a bunch of possible poses (I think it's 8 if I recall correctly) for you to cycle through (click on the photograph button underneath the upload picture before actually saving your household to your library). So keep cycling through them until you get the pose you want for your upload. Don't put too many poses at once in your Mods folder, because the game will always pick a limited number of poses pictures for your upload, so if you add too many in your mods folder, the one you want may not show up. Plus, it will still mix in Maxis's own poses as well. Once you have your simmie safe and sound in your library with the Gallery picture you want to use, exit the game, and delete the pose files from your mods folder, and you're running a CC/Modsfree game again. :smile:
      edited April 2017
      @Laebeth and @Corwim thank you both so much for your comments and ideas. <3

@Laebeth such a great idea to use your Showcase as a journey log of learning to build. I love that idea and will do that! I will check out your gallery soon.

@Corwim I really appreciate the time you took to answer in detail about the sim poses and everything else. I had a look at the first link you recommended and was blown away -- not just by the poses but by the lots and CAS. This is like professional-level simming! So beautiful. Thank you so much for your tech help with this. I'm going to give this a shot. Thanks for ideas on how to organize and for your views about sims + builds. Thank you so much.

To @Rosemow @Laebeth and @Corwim thank you for your comments and help since i joined! It really helped me feel welcome.

Thank-You-4.gif

Today is my granddaughter's 4th birthday and I'm making her a birthday video card using TS4 to illustrate a song I wrote for her when she was born. So I want to get really good at building sims and sim lots to continue to make videos for my her and her baby sis in the future. She loves her dollhouse so some day she may really enjoy the Sims too. Funny when I was a little girl I hated dolls and loved Hot Wheels. I had to grow up to enjoy "doll houses." =) I always find it interesting that "The Sims" was originally slated to be marketed as the title "Doll House." I'm glad they changed it! I don't think it would have gone over as well. ^_^
      Hello
      You're very welcome :)
      Happy 4th birthday to your granddaughter! <3 It is very special that you are making her a birthday video card using Sims 4. It is lovely and special that you write a song for her when she was born. The sims doing the actions looks great!
      I hope that she enjoys playing the Sims one day :) The Sims is a better name than " Doll House"!
    • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
      Happy 4th to your granddaughter. I have no idea how you simmers do the whole action live sims thing, but I watch a few on youtube and felt like I was watching tv shows. I hate dolls, my mom used to torture me and have them up high near the ceilings on shelves and I swear they moved at night :D Do not feel discourage when you build, I did A LOT in the beginning is why I only posted I think 2 things on S3 and a lot more in beginning of S4 release. I got jealous of others work and no one giving me real criticism so I eventually quit. Now I just build more for me as it helps with stress, depression etc. I very much like build mode better of S4 than S3, the terrain stuff made me rage for days. Happy building!
      No problem at all Jazztizz :heart:

I'm glad I've inspired you in how my showcase is set up!

Congrats with your granddaughter! How precious! :blush: I'm told being a grandma is the dessert of life.. haha! I see my mum and how she interacts with my sons, and especially the oldest who is 3 in June. He absolutely loves her more than anything, and they have such a special bond. It warms my heart every time I see them playing :heart:

I'm sure she will love the video card! What a great idea! :)

My Sims 4 Twitter
      My Sims 4 Showcase
      My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@Laebeth thanks so much. I envy your mum. We're an ocean apart but Facetime definitely helps. Dessert of life -- yes. I agree. I had no idea being a grandmom would change me so much. It's brought this amazing rush of creativity. I love my granddaughters as much as all my kids but without any of the anxiety! So this love is so free and just pours out of me. She's so beautiful. I'm crying writing this lol (I'm a sap) but happy tears. I wrote her so many stories since she was born. She stars as a time traveler who helps those stranded in a two-part short story (Trail Sketch and Snap Shot) and a child in a forest where trees are teaching a young tree about these creatures who make "Breath Sounds." <-- if you'd like to read it I've included links.
      edited April 2017
      TS2 Website

Sims Challenges and TS2 Lots - Jazztizz*
      These are videos I made about ten years ago but plan to start again with TS4. I'm going to continue the story Eluding Erebus and if anyone wants to help me reproduce the sets/sims I would love to "hire" you.The story is about Persephone and Erebus aka Hades but it's more an abduction-turned-romance (thus the music choice for the preview). I'm seriously thinking of making Erebus an alien if I can make him really dark like the TS2 version. Persephone is a redhead. When we collaborated on this for Ts2 I did a casting call. It was really fun.

TS2 Video Playlist

My Sims Videos YouTube Playlist
      Oh, I see. Well I can relate to that as well actually. My boyfriend (and baby daddy.. haha) is Australian. We met in Australia but chose to move to and live in Norway. No better place to live with young kids, longest paid maternity leave in the world! :tongue:

In any case, it breaks my heart that we can't be close to his family. We do Skype with his parents every weekend though. Often we just leave the phone there and she just sits and watches the kids for hours. My oldest will actually ask to talk to his Nana now, so I'm happy to see him develop a relationship with her, despite the distance. WTB instant teleportation travel that is free!

I'll check those links tonight, at work now so somewhat limited (shhhh don't tell anybody!) :D

My Sims 4 Twitter
      My Sims 4 Showcase
      My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

@Laebeth it's hard to be so far but the love reaches. =) I hope you like the stories! =)
      Veriona wrote: »
      Happy 4th to your granddaughter. I have no idea how you simmers do the whole action live sims thing, but I watch a few on youtube and felt like I was watching tv shows. I hate dolls, my mom used to torture me and have them up high near the ceilings on shelves and I swear they moved at night :D Do not feel discourage when you build, I did A LOT in the beginning is why I only posted I think 2 things on S3 and a lot more in beginning of S4 release. I got jealous of others work and no one giving me real criticism so I eventually quit. Now I just build more for me as it helps with stress, depression etc. I very much like build mode better of S4 than S3, the terrain stuff made me rage for days. Happy building!

@Veriona thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so tickled that you watched my videos. Thank you! Now that you've joined @Rosemow thread you will get lots of feedback. People have been really generous about that whenever they get time. Oh the terrain yes! I do wish we could do multi-terrain for Ts4 but I'm happy for now to keep it simple. I plan to learn all the TS4 building slowly but when inspired to just do what I like. Coloring outside the lines is perfectly fine for artists, and this IS art imvho. It inspires me very much! You know, I'm so looking forward to Holodeck Sims (some day -- just dreaming). Wouldn't that be amazing, like a gaming rig except with an entire room. =) That way every time I build in the sims I can work off Easter treats. =) I predict in the future the most often spoken remark to gamer, due to the weighed gaming wands, will be, "Wow you must be a gamer. You're in great shape!"
      edited April 2017
      @Veriona sorry about the doll torture eeeeesh! *shudder* You have to check out Jonathan Coulton's song "Creepy Doll" on YouTube. There are other (creepier) versions including one with Neil Gaiman which is awesome. I love his songs and have an entire playlist of Coulton's songs by Spiffworld which he made with Wow Machinima.
      Your stories that you dedicated to your Grand daughter Evie are very special! <3 You are very creative in your writing! The Breath Sounds story has a magical quality! The two parts of the first story are very creatively descriptive. and it was great reading the parralell situations of Becca and Bryan, as well as the time trravller role of Evie.
      You are a very creative story writer! :)
      @Rosemow thank you so much for reading those! I'm so glad you like them!! =) You totally made my day. Thank you so much! <3
      edited April 2017
      Hello
      You're very welcome :)
      Happy 4th birthday to your granddaughter! <3 It is very special that you are making her a birthday video card using Sims 4. It is lovely and special that you write a song for her when she was born. The sims doing the actions looks great!
      I hope that she enjoys playing the Sims one day :) The Sims is a better name than " Doll House"!

Thanks so much @Rosemow =) I hope she does too but her parents frown on video gaming. They are very outdoor-oriented which is great. When her mom (my daughter) was little her dad and I were too. I think she'll be allowed to play computer games small amounts during rainy days and winter. I hope the video turns out. I'm not great at CAS and the other thing is she's 4 so that's halfway between toddler and child (sim-wise). So I'll make her a child and her sis a toddler she should like that. She's so headstrong already -- typical Aries (like me). =)
    • VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
      @Jazztizz Some of the vids did not play for me as it said you used copyrights, I watched them before bed and was amused. You know my spouse and I just watched 2 movies last week, Assassins Creed and Star Trek. I was snoring at AC as I did not like the story direction they went with vs the ones from the games. Star Trek I don't watch the shows, but I caught glimpse of it when my spouse watches it, he likes the Picard series best and the movies always entertain me.