Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thanks so much @withlovejulien. It was very kind of you to give us all such lovely personalized comments!
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @lisa17ann yeah, I think you're right. I hope so! My kitchen is well furnished but not huge. My whole house is a tad... um, shall I say cozy? :lol:
    On another note, I have to say I really appreciate this group. Everyone is so supportive and positive! I wish the offline world were more like this!
  • e1990re1990r Posts: 86 Member
    This is what I made for Build n Share 66. I worked hard on it. Also, I love clutter, so it was hard to not put a whole lot in. I did add a few touches but not as much as I like. Here is a link to the blog I just made about this build. Also, I am new at blogging.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2017
    misscbong wrote: »
    @BuildnShare - if we want to create a walkout basement, are we able to? I know it uses walls, but you can delete the "foundation" portion of it. Is this allowed?
    Yes, a walk out basement is fine, as long as it is open to the air.

@BuildnShare could you explain "A well specced kitchen" in more detail, please? Is this referring to the layout, or the appliances, or something different?
    Good level of appliances please, Kaye loves to cook!

@BuildnShare LOL- I have a question as well! Do the stairs up to a porch or patio have to fit within the outline?
    Stairs can be outside the footprint, as they are not classed as usable space.

On another note, I have to say I really appreciate this group. Everyone is so supportive and positive! I wish the offline world were more like this!
    We are so glad that you feel this way @onehummingbird, that is the essence of what Build n Share is all about :D

e1990r wrote: »
    This is what I made for Build n Share 66. I worked hard on it. Also, I love clutter, so it was hard to not put a whole lot in. I did add a few touches but not as much as I like. Here is a link to the blog I just made about this build. Also, I am new at blogging.
    What a gorgeous build @e1990r, we would like to see more pics of your interiors though, they look great!

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2017
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #BNS66 SOMEWHERE
    Your results are now available here here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @BuildnShare Thanks! I sometimes forget that in RL I can just pass out on the stairs, making them somewhat usable but in the Sims you can't- lol.
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    What would you consider a large dining space? Would it be a 2 block table or a 3 block table?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2017
    Nvm....
    I found the answer to my question :D
    Post edited by arintia on
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    For the sim challenge do you want us to create the toddlers? What is Kaiden's aspiration?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
    @BuildnShare thank you for the clarification! I had nice appliances, except for the fridge. I ended up selling the grill to buy a better fridge.

I'm loving this challenge! Almost done with my build, and I can honestly say this home is something I never would've built without this challenge. It's a step outside my comfort zone, for sure.
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    What would you consider a large dining space? Would it be a 2 block table or a 3 block table?
    There are five Sims in the household, so whatever you think is best @SyddyB206 :)
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    For the sim challenge do you want us to create the toddlers? What is Kaiden's aspiration?
    Kaiden's aspiration is up to you, as are the toddlers traits.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    For the room challenge, is that extra 20 squares that you can build onto your house, or is that to be implemented into the set layout as well?

(First time participating in this challenge group, forgive me.)
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
    arintia wrote: »
    For the room challenge, is that extra 20 squares that you can build onto your house, or is that to be implemented into the set layout as well?

(First time participating in this challenge group, forgive me.)
    Hi @arintia, and welcome to Build n Share! The room challenge can be completely separate, so if you don't have time to complete the whole build then the room challenge gives you a way to enter. If you are entering the main challenge, the room needs to be included within the footprint.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

Please explain the math on challenge B'N'S 67. I am not sure how to calculate the land value and that IS part of the total cost, right? I am easily confused by math issues. We need to bulldoze the house there and I am not sure what the land is then worth. Also, when we upload is the land cost part of the value in the gallery? Thanks for any help on this,
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    CHALLENGE #: 67 - Footprints In The Sand
    Official Entry
    FORUM ID: arintia
    ORIGIN ID: bitgarum
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sandy Summer House
    LOT COST: $5,500
    BUILD COST: $120,475
    TOTAL COST: $125,975 (including lot cost)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sandy Summer house has three bedrooms and four bathrooms. On the first floor there is an excellent kitchen with any appliance one could need along with a dining room that can fit six Sims. The first floor leads out to the backyard, which consists of a grill, a six-Sim seating area, a bar, a basketball hoop, a children's jungle gym, and a hot tub. In the basement there is a teen bedroom, a living area that has darts and a table for card games, a reading nook, and finally one-and-a-half bathrooms. The second floor has a bedroom for two tots, a master bedroom, a master bathroom, and a bathroom for the kids to use once they grow older.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, I would like that, thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I prefer not to use CC.
    edited April 2017
    @JasonAnthonySterling Your captions made me laugh! I love the split level style and the wood floor panels that accentuate the space. And I sooo wish that the moody indigo painting in the entryway were downloadable.

What pack is the kitchen countertop from?

@onehummingbird and anyone else interested, I packaged the Everything Must Glow house including the three "paint by reference" paintings and the paintings themselves in a room separately, on the Gallery. You will have to find and download them in game. I don't know of a way to do so online or I'd post links here (you have to select the option to show builds with "CC" when searching in game). You can search my Gallery I.D. TonySterling or search the hashtag EverythingMustGlow and it should bring up both uploads WHEN YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO SHOW "CC" BUILDS CHECKED UNDER THE ADVANCED SELECTIONS.
    Apologies if someone has already answered this but... Does Kaye have green eyes or blue eyes? Seeing two different things here and in the "Best Laid Plans" challenge from 2015.

I haven't decided whether I'll do the Sim challenge, but curious about the details anyway. :smile:
    Please explain the math on challenge B'N'S 67. I am not sure how to calculate the land value and that IS part of the total cost, right? I am easily confused by math issues. We need to bulldoze the house there and I am not sure what the land is then worth. Also, when we upload is the land cost part of the value in the gallery? Thanks for any help on this,
    @FoundMarbles - if you bulldoze the property, head back to manage worlds and then go back into the lot, I get a $2,000 lot price, so let's stick to that!

Apologies if someone has already answered this but... Does Kaye have green eyes or blue eyes? Seeing two different things here and in the "Best Laid Plans" challenge from 2015.

I haven't decided whether I'll do the Sim challenge, but curious about the details anyway. :smile:
    @onehummingbird A little bit of creative licence going on here I think! I'll have to have words with my continuity team (i.e. myself!!) Kaye originally had green eyes, so that's what she should have, although, it is of course possible that she got coloured contacts :P But no, really Kaye has green eyes.

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 115,332
    TOTAL COST: 117,332
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/VVao9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Santa Fe Holiday Home
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A9CCE176239A11E78037FCCDE2785077
    I wanted something that would go with the scenery, so I chose Santa Fe style. Not an easy look to capture as rounded corners and angles aren't really possible. I put a fishing pond in the back, hoping it's considered landscaping and not part of the build. Otherwise, there should be only plants, rocks, garden borders, garden lights and terrain paint outside of the footprint. Kitchen appliances are all top-of-the-line.

SIM: The Johnsons
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/AFF921C523EA11E781F2FCCDE2785077
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/dPmKE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Kieran is an ambitious, genius perfectionist whose goal is to be fabulously wealthy. His wife, Kaye, is a creative, family oriented foodie whose life dream is to have a successful lineage. Their eldest, Kaiden, is an outgoing, outdoor-loving bug collector and outdoor enthusiast. The twins, inquisitive Kimball and Charming Kylie are the newest additions to the family.

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Absolutely
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:GmL956U.pngAlOUVkH.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on

FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Break https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/04CF1EBF23CE11E782533423E325F46A?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $122,936
    TOTAL COST: $124,936
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1245358095579612

ENTRY DETAILS: A three bedroom vacation home done with a coastal feel - house built within specified foot print (I hope I read that right- lol!) 2 full baths/ Kitchen outfitted with upgraded appliances (ALL OF THEM- LOL!). Open plan first floor with gaming table, dart board, scrap booking areas. Open concept living area can be re-configured as needed allowing dining for up to eight. A reading porch overlooks the backyard. The teenager's room has an extra bed for the inevitable "can I bring a friend" request whenever the family plans to go. There are numerous outdoor areas. Specifically for ADULTS ONLY there's a deck off the master bedroom for yoga and meditation- they have twin toddlers, they need BOTH! For outdoor play the teenager has the diving board/ slip and slide/ a fishing pond and horseshoes (all of these can be shared with the parents of course). Toddlers don't have a great deal of "stuff" right at the moment- especially outdoor stuff. So, I constructed a "splash pad" for them off the pool and a Winderberg inspired playhouse- there's a few toys scattered about as well. I constructed "irrigated" landscaping around the house and pool but left the back section of the property as a desertscape but reformed from what the lot originally was with the fishing pond and additional plantings/rocks.
    More details with the pictures.

SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

ROOM: NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

PaZeo52.png

0PGVaja.png
    @Ainsleyf I already commented on your lot in the gallery, but let me just reiterate, fantastic build! So earthy and rustic!

@JasonAnthonySterling I really love the nautical color scheme you chose! This home looks very inviting. I actually also built a tiny cottage in the back; great minds think alike!
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for BnS #66 - Somewhere

Your results are available HERE
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @onehummingbird Thank-you. I couldn't find a lot or toddlers to do yet and a playhouse seemed natural. I used little half walls and even then only on three sides so that hopefully it doesn't count as living space- LOL! I'm skirting the rules on that I'm afraid. At first it used zero actual walls but the "roof" created out of the eave kept falling to the ground when I would test it. So, I could either get rid of it or just risk it. By that point I loved it so I decided to risk it- ha!

@arintia and @Ainsleyf both your builds look great- I didn't even think of the new basketball court! And the adobe style building really carries off the look perfectly- well done!
    @arintia - Nice! Really like your garden area and use of different wall textures!
    @jasonanthonysterling - Very cool! The blues and whites are wonderful together and just an overall fantastic look. Thank you and @onehummingbird for the kind words, and onehummingbird, I do have to mention your amazingly good taste in your Keiran Johnson design! Kudos!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top