Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why you should never leave your sims alone...

Comments

• KawaiiGoatPlayzKawaiiGoatPlayz Posts: 2 New Member
    im trying to kill my sims by leaving them alone :p:DB)
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I can't leave my insane sim alone for a second or he will behave as if he has Prader-Willi Syndrome and eat everything in his inventory especially WA dried food...that stuff must be awesome because my sim had five in a row whilst having the stuffed moodlet.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I can't leave my insane sim alone for a second or he will behave as if he has Prader-Willi Syndrome and eat everything in his inventory especially WA dried food...that stuff must be awesome because my sim had five in a row whilst having the stuffed moodlet.

Lol. I have a home with 2 insane sims. It took me a long time wondering why they kept answering the door when no one was there. Then it suddenly hit me. They're insane. :).

I haven't had bad things happen to my sims when I leave them alone. Bad things usually happen while I'm playing with them and not paying attention at that vital moment. I find bad things generally only happen when I don't want them to. Best of luck.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Lol. I have a home with 2 insane sims. It took me a long time wondering why they kept answering the door when no one was there. Then it suddenly hit me. They're insane. :).
    Lol, I didn't know they would do that.
  • LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    I usually pause the game if I has to do potentially long errands (like showering) but I just leave them if the errand is just short (like managing bladder).
  • ermills0601ermills0601 Posts: 4 New Member
    I once left my cousin to watch my sims family while I went to get a snack (This was back when I played Sims 3). I'm getting my snack when I hear her yell from upstairs "Your sim just got crushed by a vending machien". I probably hadn't even left for more than a minute or so. Also, I was doing the Opposite Sisters challenge, I got a house of the gallery since I hate building houses myself. I'm playing through all is well, but a fire randomly starts and kills off one of the sisters, I had gotten pretty far in the challenge so I was kinda upset about it, and didn't want to "quit without saving". THe struggles of sims am I right? xD
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Lol, I didn't know they would do that.

I've only noticed it with 2 of them so far. Had me baffled for the longest time.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Screenshot-42.jpg

I ignored my sims' home lot for two in-game weeks while I was play testing a different lot in my world. All of a sudden the game camera zooms me back. Huge fire. Killed three sims (including two neighbor kids) and scorched another. Every sink and tub broken. Flies everywhere. Exhausted child failing school. Sims wetting themselves. Oh, and apparently they had some sort of block party when I wasn't looking, because there were like 15 sims on the lot at the time, not including the firefighters I had to call myself.

That is why I pause even to answer the phone. I believe the original Sims scarred me for life. LOL
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    While necromancy is bad, this *is* a good picture so... nevermind.

Stuff like this doesn't seem to happen in my games. *pout*
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Thank hevvins for necromancy or I would never have seen this - lol - and after hearing the stories about insane Sims, I am seriously contemplating adding that trait for someone. I have played Sims 3 since it was first released but always changed that trait because I was afraid of what they (insane Sims) might do to the world. :blush: Well, I remember a SimGuru (I think it might have been SimGuruGraham) letting us know that because of the open world, things that Sims do on one side of the world can affect what is happening clear across the map. I guess I took it *too* seriously - lol
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    And this is why I never leave my sims alone don't know what can happen.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Sometimes I do leave my sims alone to see what they get up to on their own. I can always close without saving if necessary.

The only time it was really traumatic was back in the original Sims game when they had a baby dragon. And I it happened while I was sitting in front of the screen helpless to do anything. It was the first time I ever closed without saving. I felt like a big cheat too at the time. But my family, with whom I was very fond, turned into little urns and little piles of burnt ash. Burnie went onto a fire breathing rampage and the whole household died. :'(
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    :'( That is definitely sad - especially when you've invested so much of yourself into a particular Sims family and are fond of them.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    Sometimes I do leave my sims alone to see what they get up to on their own. I can always close without saving if necessary.

The only time it was really traumatic was back in the original Sims game when they had a baby dragon. And I it happened while I was sitting in front of the screen helpless to do anything. It was the first time I ever closed without saving. I felt like a big cheat too at the time. But my family, with whom I was very fond, turned into little urns and little piles of burnt ash. Burnie went onto a fire breathing rampage and the whole household died. :'(

Those Sims 1 dragons were the worst! lol (sorry... I feel your pain but... it amuses me)
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    I leave my sims alone a bit.. but I always have problems with hot headed sims (end up destroying their relationships) and flirty sims (the same). But I feel that everything they get up to enriches the storytelling haha!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I can't speak for TS1, but TS2 is pretty bad when it comes to leaving the game alone. One time I had a household with a hot tub on the roof and there was one sim that was bound and determined to get in the hot tub in a lightning storm. You put together the rest... She died and I had to exit without saving.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited April 2017
    Screenshot-42.jpg

I ignored my sims' home lot for two in-game weeks while I was play testing a different lot in my world. All of a sudden the game camera zooms me back. Huge fire. Killed three sims (including two neighbor kids) and scorched another. Every sink and tub broken. Flies everywhere. Exhausted child failing school. Sims wetting themselves. Oh, and apparently they had some sort of block party when I wasn't looking, because there were like 15 sims on the lot at the time, not including the firefighters I had to call myself.

The plumbob in the picture kinda ruined your anectdote.
    Hilarious pic though.. B)
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I actually enjoy leaving my sims alone to see what craziness they build upon! Once I left my sim to stroll through the town, and the restaurant started a fire. Idek what happened.

My sim and this other lady put out the fire on their own, I heard the sirens but the firetruck never came...
    cjZwc3W.jpg

Another time I had a paparazzi burn to death on my porch because she was in the sun for too long(?). Her butt caught on fire and I didn't feel like saving annoying paparazzi.
    5MkViWQ.png
    UUzXbf1.png
    It was very satisfying.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    There are quite unexpected reasons for sims to catch fire. A doctor can cause it for instance by experimenting with new medicins.

Sacha00058.jpg

Sour detail, they do it to friends only, because strangers will refuse the proposition :p; this was his sister. And this was his mother o:)

Sacha00240.jpg

It also happens when sims ask another sim a complicated question (it's in University, don't know the original term for it).

2604222_orig.png

9177339_orig.png

I guess inactive sims can do this to each other as well, when highly skilled.
    I left my game alone just once when I had to go to the toilet and my sim was busy inventing anyway so it was alright to leave him for a while. I thought, until I suddenly heard awful screams coming from above. I came too late to save him :disappointed:

10.jpg

11.jpg

I saved him by not saving :#
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I left my sims alone yesterday (forgot to pause while eating) and they actually did very well. Father, son and mother where all very happy and downstairs in the living room. Father was reading, mother eating and their little toddler son was exploring around. No trouble and I was positively surprised. Though this was an accident and there was not a single danger around (leftovers in the fridge so they didn't have to cook etc.) But there could have happened worse things. In a single winter my sims already had two accidental fires, and I have a mod which makes those fires worse.
  • KarlaTheSimmerKarlaTheSimmer Posts: 52 Member
    Same happened to me! I was "traveling" around Sunset Valley (or was it Apaloosa Plains?) with time set on the highest speed. I was actually trying to find a unicorn (don't ask- I have a uni-obssesion). And I got two great news from home.

1. "A fire has started on your home lot."

2. My Sim got burned and died.

And that's why I always pause...
  • HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    For some reason whenever I've forgotten to pause my game in the past, all the Sims in my household are always ok except one. There's always one that's on the verge of starving to death/ has peed themselves/ has missed work.

Well, there's always one. :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I love threads like this because it is so true lol

I have lost count of the number of times that I have shouted at my screen because a Sim did not do what had been asked!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    (Animal_70 here)

I left my game running while I went to pick up my RL kid from school. Turns out my Sim tried to cook a meal on a SimmerChar...

came home to an urn. Oh...well...as good an excuse as any to start a new game.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~