Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 base game vs Sims 4 base game

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 4 came out 1 or 2 years ago don't get mad there aren't a lot of stuff. Games don't come out with a lot of stuff. Just wait for more options. BUT ADD PETS TO SIMS 4 PLEASE OR I WILL DIE!!!

I'm sure you have no idea how ridiculous you sound.

Games are games and are supose to have a lot of stuff and not be boring as hell. A game is not supose to release unfinished or on beta stage. If it does it's called a scam.

TS2 and TS3 and TS1 had enough to keep most people entertained for long in the base game. TS4 is the one who lacks content. It came out without pools and toddlers even, that alone is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    Lostie23 wrote: »

The Sims 3 was so empty when it came out. There was literally NOTHING to do beside watch tv, make babies, or send your sims to watch a movie or eat out in a rabbit hole. The Sims 3 never really came alive until Generations (you could argue Late Night is when it started to have a little bit of life) and that was THREE year after it was released and it hasn't even been a full two years yet since the Sims 4 came out. People were saying all the EXACT same things about Sims 3 when it was still a two-year-old as well as Sims 2. With time, I think Sims 4 is going to end up being even better than Sims 3 ever was.

Nothing to do in the base game but 'watch tv, make babies, or send your sims to watch a movie or eat out in a rabbit hole'? Here's all the things you can do in the TS3 Base game that you couldn't do in the TS4 Basegame

-Go to the beach
    -Go to one of several parks
    - Visit Sims in over 20 houses
    - Place lots nearly anywhere and build whatever you want
    - Sculpt terrain and build things you could never build in TS4 due to lack of CASt
    - Have toddlers
    - Build pools and throw a pool party
    - Download custom worlds made by others
    - Throw a party at any community lot
    - Complete any aspiration without mobile game tasks that you have to do like in TS4
    - Follow Sims in your household on different lots
    - Play legacies with story progression where Sims outside your households have lives
    - Swim in the ocean or in lakes
    - Own and drive cars
    - Watch your Sim go to work and move around the town and watch other Sims while your Sim is at work

• Options
    I also forgot about going to the graveyard and witnessing and interacting with ghosts.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2017
    @HARIBOWS You worded it a bit underwhelming :p "Visit Sims In Over 20 Houses" What he means is Sunset Valley has 91 total lots compared to Sims 4 base game total of ....yeah no comparison.

Of those 91 lots... 25 have homes with families in them +

17 premade empty homes the player can place created sims in +

23 empty lots to do and build whatever you want on them..Just SVs empty lots are a whole S4 world :D

Now the best part without even mentioning the gym and library etc Sunset Valley has as he said beaches 3 to be exact,then every outskirt can be visited,the waterfall all the woods/forest,the simhenge ruins everywhere and you find gems bugs etc etc

Also in sims 3 we can place lots wherever we want if we want a campsite out in the middle of nowhere choose lot size drop it and play.

See this map...see that secluded beach where I put a circle bottom left.

ynsrr.jpg

This home below built where that circle is,it is where I decided to live because WE RULE and if we want can live in those forests as a hermit or anywhere we want.And don't teleport :smirk:

2ij2jde.jpg

Heck of a view huh?? Pool on the roof overlooking the ocean my own personal beach

if1n4w.jpg

Even my sims painting of the house is cool

10xr1qe.jpg

No comparrison, give up now.Good post @Haribows was just elaborating

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat

I can't believe I forgot about the gym and the library. And the art gallery. And the public pool. Even the school has a play area.
    When you see that map of SV... my lord. It makes Willow Creek look like an actual joke. :s
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Amen @Haribows :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Sims 4 came out 1 or 2 years ago don't get mad there aren't a lot of stuff. Games don't come out with a lot of stuff. Just wait for more options. BUT ADD PETS TO SIMS 4 PLEASE OR I WILL DIE!!!

I'm sure you have no idea how ridiculous you sound.

Games are games and are supose to have a lot of stuff and not be boring as plum. A game is not supose to release unfinished or on beta stage. If it does it's called a scam.

TS2 and TS3 and TS1 had enough to keep most people entertained for long in the base game. TS4 is the one who lacks content. It came out without pools and toddlers even, that alone is plum up.

I would have to agree.

To add my own thoughts. TS2 and TS base games are both complete full experiences for its time. The EP's served their function in "expanding" an overall experience. When the quality started slipping it started with TS3 but not so much that it became highly disliked by the majority.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-3
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4

What TS4 did was cut out meaningful gameplay and/or features to then sell back in increments over time in order to imitate a complete and full base game. But because the base game is lacking in innovation, worthwhile gameplay and features, meaningful content, just plain limited in what can be done (uninspiring game engine) etc, it will never reach any potential because to me it already set up for this lame model. Which is very disrespectful to the all the consumers who cared and supported this franchise.
    PBl_AUZS.jpg

Basically, TS4 was released incomplete in order to capitalize on the DLC model which apparently, enough were/is so accustomed to as if TS was always a cheap experience without depth. However, I think most of TS4 players are those into DLC mobile type games and are of the easily-impressed nature as they are not gamers of all kinds of games but just the simple ones. So hey, what is their definition of quality and good customer service?

It's really not at all difficult to see the truth but if some want to lie to themselves and support bad business practices then that is on them. At least, Will Wright's The Sims was given a chance because it truly is an amazing one-of-a-kind game. The Sims 2 had the best smooth transition with a lot to look forward to in gameplay and features. The Sims 3 came along with even more innovation, great gameplay and features. I love and appreciate the more realistic graphics and subtle animations. Although, for me the transition was not smooth at all because open shopping/dining had always been a part of TS series. It is still by far a good game regardless of its shortcomings. What TS3 brought to the franchise is worth it. That is why I have supported TS3 because it really is a decent game that brings me joy and keeps me entertained after all these years still and ongoing. <3

TS4 in a nutshell.
    2857824302_40730c7e25.jpg
    Game-_Incomplete-300x169.png

I honestly had extremely high hopes for this franchise but that all changed with TS4/Project Olympus. If EA/Maxis can't get their acts together, I feel it is best that the franchise just ends with TS4. They ruined it, not us. Their vision not all of ours together. Now just let it crash and burn. Unless you are serious about The Sims and consumers...no? Okay, then just let it crash and burn.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited April 2017
    They forgot many things in TS4, it's too late for improve this game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    There are many, many topics just like this...

For me, since I got the game at half off, I could have over looked a lot except that the game is so blurry it aggravates the bejeebus out of me. I can't play it long before I turn it off.
    I want crisp, I was detail, I want to SEE the Sims and their environment. That's the one thing I will not forgive in my favorite franchise and it breaks my heart.

@Rflong7 Are you referring to the sims 4, I find that I love the sims 3 and have gone back to it. I do once in awhile play sims 4 but not for long. I spend more time in the sims 3, hours. At first I felt like I was quilty leaving the sims 4, but that is not the case. It is just all about what sims you have the most fun with. so it does not matter. I now just play the one I like the best sims 3.
    To me sims 3 scenery looks more real. that is what I like.

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I prefer Sims 4 myself. Three is good, but the Sims are like robots and that LAG, the lag that is always there no matter how powerful your computer is... It was just pretty bad. Sims 4 runs a lot smoother, and the sims themselves are much more alive. Of course there are a few things I miss from Sims 3 such as tag, but I'm sure they will add all of this into Sims 4 eventually.

I just returned to the sims 3 and do not find any lag. I play with all 12 exp pks, I have all stuff pks. except 2, I will say that I wish that they would have stayed with sims 3 and just added some of the stuff like how sims 4 builds building, and the CAS is very nice. There are a lot of things that are good in sims 4, they should have just updated the sim 3 with them and it would have been a better sims 4.

• Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I am not a fan of the cartoony art style of TS4~ if I'm to be completely honest, TS4 feels like it was supposed to be a mobile game until someone decided at the last possible second that "hey, maybe we should port this thing to PC because all the moneys!"

@Deshong04 those pictures in your post are perfect; they sum up exactly the problem with gaming culture today: triple A devs get away with putting out unfinished junk because they know people will still pony up~ why would they do the work themselves when they can just rely on player mods to do their jobs for them?

Between TS3 and 4, I definitely agree that 4's base game felt incomplete. That's why I'm still playing and enjoying TS2 and 3 years later, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've played 4 since I got it. So much wasted potential... as a longtime fan of the series, it saddens me.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif