Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Style B" has won the art style vote!

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Definitely like B better, so I'm glad it won. I feel the base game itself already ships with a massive amount of modern furniture compared to the predecessors.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Yay, I'm pleased B won. I love the clothing in particular.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BrokenSafetyPinsBrokenSafetyPins Posts: 10 New Member
    I have a question....can u add a color palette??? The game would be much more fun if we could choose our own colors and patterns. The game has been restricted long enough, don't u think?? By the way, the sim poses u said were "totally ok" are getting disgusting. Some looks like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. U should look....really.
  • BrokenSafetyPinsBrokenSafetyPins Posts: 10 New Member
    Plum?? Guess that word got censored. The poses look nasty and suggestive. I saw a little girl on her back, her legs parted.....need I say more? Disgusting. The next thing were going to see are sexual poses. Is that totally ok???
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    WOOT! So happy B won. Now I can't wait for the next step!
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    @friendlysimmers, @NeonHighways

If we do top loading and side loading washers/dryers, that is doubling the amount of animations. SimGuruGraham already stated on another thread that if we do that, there won't be much else for featured content because they would devote all animation creation to the many possible washer/dryer/clothes line/stackable combinations.

So we have to ask ourselves, do we ONLY want laundry (nearly every version of it) - or do we want a simpler version of laundry AND maybe something else?

That's not to say, we couldn't have cheaper washer/dryers and more expensive ones. I suppose that would just be a design change and more expensive machines would break less often and be more eco-friendly. But side loaders would free up animation for something else. If that was the case, how would you choose? Laundry all the way, or maybe simpler side loading machines freeing up more animation for another featured game play object?

I'm not really asking for that... I'm saying either top or side loading, but with a cheap and expensive style options. They did different styles for the same gameplay object before, like the projector screens, the buffet tables and the hot tubs...
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Well, I am glad that at least something I voted for made it through. XD

I look forward to the upcoming vote where we really get to buckle down and choose things.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • MangosimscreationsMangosimscreations Posts: 38 Member
    I prefer style A, I'm sad!
    Visit my blog and my showroom join me in Twitter !
  • SimmerOfEnglandSimmerOfEngland Posts: 194 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Yay, I was hoping it would win ! I love the potential options this style could give us. :blush:

@Mmdrgntobldrgn so glad you brought that up ! Funny thing, a lot of "hippies" and "alternative" people from my school wear that kind of stuff, and I always find it hilarious how much they pay for their clothing considering their lifestyle. Then again, the skater/hipster in me just bought a rare ( of course sold out ) summer edition of sneakers from 2015 the other day which.... well my wallet's a bit thinner now.

@SimmerOfEngland I'm just assuming based on your username, but isn't this type of fashion also popular in England ? I went to London last fall and there were a bunch of people running around like in the concept art. Sure, GB has a reputation for people loving the upper class prim and proper style, but the way you word things makes it seem like it's a rarity for you to see anything else.

Yeah, quite alot of England is very much like that, however personally I live on the south coast where things are a little more like style A, I rarely see B around here :)
    ⭐ Say what you think, love who you love 'cause you just get so many trips around the sun ⭐

Simmer since 2009
    S4 content owned - GTW, GT, CL, OR, DO, SD, P, V, KR, SS, BS, FS, BN, RG, MH, LP, PP, LP, CK, VG,
    Sims lost:7
  • tee78tee78 Posts: 4 New Member
    What were the other options I missed the voting ?

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    tee78 wrote: »
    What were the other options I missed the voting ?

None. Just A and B. There's a news link on the main site I believe.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    edited April 2017
    Personally, I'm happy that B won. As I said during voting, I had nothing against A, but there was always something about B that I honestly just preferred or liked better in terms of the style and its sense of character/personality. Plus, between the two options, I can see the potential for using B in more settings and in more houses than I could A to be honest.
  • puppetpiepuppetpie Posts: 1 New Member
    Why can't we just have both? I think it's better to have two vary different styles because being eco friendly doesn't mean you have to be rural or a hippie. I'm not saying anything is wrong with being a hippie, but stylistically I think having both styles would add to the game and to storytellers instead. Maybe I could have made twins who are both eco friendly but in different ways. Idk I'm just feeling a little disappoited that we're all subjected to this one box even with votes in the future, being that according to SimGuruGraham, the votes were pretty close... If they're close I think they should consider both versus a blowout win y'know?
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    How will we be able to disable the farmer clothes being used in the random outfits of NPC's? I think it would really clash with our current content, don't want my Sims walking around in a sleek dress and farmers boots aha!!!
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I'm personally not a fan of the art style. When I hear eco, country/rural living is the last thing I would imagine it to be.

I must be looking at different images. The people in the image are dressed like hippies....not farmers. Even the objects look to be more of a minimalist design as opposed to a farm.

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I must be looking at different images. The people in the image are dressed like hippies....not farmers. Even the objects look to be more of a minimalist design as opposed to a farm.
    Those clothes are much too nice for hippies. Back in the day, we called that style "boho," for "bohemian."

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    Wow! This looks amazing!
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    not trying to sound like a broken record, but do hope they include some cas items for male sims that we can vote on :P

W79XhDj.png
  • Discorda13Discorda13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Even though this style won, I hope there would be something like style A. A style reminded of "Into the future" from The Sims 3, that'd be awesome!
  • OldSkoolSimmerOldSkoolSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    Ohhh thank god. I buy every pack anyway, but if A won it would have been awful. Modern style is so blah, I love old fashioned stuff. And the clothes are ADORABLE.

Ahah I love old fashioned stuff, but this seemed a bit... Tacky? You can be old fashioned without having to look poor :P

How does the style look poor? Hippie, maybe; Homey, that too. Tacky (your opinion); Maybe a little old fashion but lively. If it's not your taste that's fine, but what a superficial judgement to call it poor when many people dress that way. I'm pretty sure you won't find someone legitimately broke purchasing these clothes directly from the store. There's a man that comes into the Starbucks I like, dresses just like the male Sim in the picture, and owns two Bentleys - so you can't judge a book by its cover. Besides, Free People charges a pretty penny for their clothes; I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of EA's inspirations. $350 for a maxi dress in a print like the female Sim's dress. $298 for a sheer lace kimono that looks like hers. Real leather cowboy boots of good quality also start at $200 and up.

• itsEmmaLouisaitsEmmaLouisa Posts: 0 New Member
    Disappointed Style A didn't win. Style B has potential to be cool but I don't think I'll buy it now. Not my style at all. I was really thinking domestic for the eco living but that wasn't an option with either so Style A was more on the side I think of with eco living (I think modern and high tech environmentally friendly like solar panels). Style B is too hippie for me. Some pieces might be ok but the overall style is too much.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am happy that style B won yup, :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I am just interested in the game-play objects and clothes.
    I will most likely go custom for any other objects.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AmbitiousDragonAmbitiousDragon Posts: 21 Member
    Yeeeah I'm not buying it in that case. I was really hoping for a modern eco-friendly type pack with a lot of whites and light wood (like birch), with a Mirror's Edge kinda feel to it.

Good luck, though.
  • MissingYourNightmareMissingYourNightmare Posts: 15 New Member
    Style A gave me the mental image of higher middleclass families with their nice modern houses seeing an advert about saving the planet then feeling 'aww I feel like we should do something'
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Style A gave me the mental image of higher middleclass families with their nice modern houses seeing an advert about saving the planet then feeling 'aww I feel like we should do something'

:D:D:D:D That's accurate.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top