Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Jahnna, I hope that doggy (you didn't mention her name) feels better real soon. For both your sakes. It's hard on both human and fur-friend when our pets get sick. The worst part is what it has in common with a small child being sick: that they can't tell us what is wrong. We can only go by what we see and know from our connection with them. That is so frustrating.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Jahnna so sorry to hear about your pupper~ pets are like family, and I hope she gets better soon!

@Nomiko13 so glad to hear you got the Futureshock kitchen for free :) I thought of you when I saw it advertised on the DD.

@Jude525 and @Dusty_Boots you guys are amazing, and thank you again... My CYS on the March 2013 compilation is currently at 2130 instead of 3218, which brings me that much closer to my goal :)

(I'm awful at math, but will keep my eyes peeled for both the DD and MMAO.)

Grabbed both the buzzer beater free-throw machine and the screaming shadow console through MMAO today, which brings me to 52% of Level Up and should help me with the Man Cave Complilation when it goes on DD later tonight (I'm at 42%, so fingers crossed I get it for free!).

I'll definitely do some gifting of my own when I'm able to (why oh why can't we gift DD/sale items?!). Hugs to everyone!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Jahnna That poor hurting furbaby :'( . As Jude mentions, the inability to clearly communicate with our pets and young children in medical situations can really elevate the fear & stress. But I'm glad to hear that she's improved a bit already. I hope everything goes well and that you both have better days ahead. I know what you mean about the lack of access to a vet during holidays/nights. I'm so skittish about it that I keep 2 contacts on my fridge for 24-hour emergency pet care.
    edited to add: I no longer see that MMAO promotion offer on the store's main page. I wonder if it was an error? *shrug* As a test, I gave it a try and received an offer for 17% Off, so it definitely didn't kick in yet for me.
    Post edited by Dusty_Boots on
    Remaining ~60% of Man Cave for free! Chalk up another score for Yours Truly :)

Tried doing some gifting earlier, but just got a really long load screen... then nothing. Wondering if it's me or the store.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• bleedin9mascarableedin9mascara Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hi All! After trying to give the Sims 4 a chance, I'm back to TS3 after a long hiatus. I participated in a gifting thread back on TS3 forums, so I'm glad to see some TS3 players still active. :)

Top 5 Most Wanted Items:
    1. Gift of Speech Baby Monitor
    2. Duck's Tail
    3. Surf’s Up Sun & Fun Wave Station
    4. Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (aka The Cow Plant)
    5. Stiff as a Board, Light as a Feather Dance Collection

Wish list link: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=bleedin9mascara#
    Post edited by bleedin9mascara on
    :'( That 2x MMAO promotion is NOT working for me right now. Either it hasn't kicked in yet, I'm out of sync with the reset, or it was an error. The last case warranting that EA should be flogged with stiff licorice sticks. >:)
    edited April 2017
    Hey @bleedin9mascara I did the same thing~ I tried to play TS4 the other night and was back to 3 within an hour or so.

I'm also going to pass along the wonderful advice that people on this board have given me: since you have a lot of big sets on your list, like I did at first, try breaking the bigger sets up and adding individual items from them to your WL instead~ you have a better chance of being gifted (and it will also help lower your CYS total).

also, welcome back :)

@Dusty_Boots yes, licorice flogging all the way!

edited April 2017
    @lauravonawesome if you are using your localized spreadsheet (not the master one with every time zone) there isn't much guessing about when a set should be free. The key is to keep the 'Set Tracking' tab updated. Then the 'Current and Next Rotations' will tell you if the set 'Should be free.' The 'Sorted by Item Name' tab is a quick way to look up the needed CYS for any Deal based on its name and deal number.

If you are using the master sheet, I suggest that you switch. It avoids any confusion from multiple times being displayed and provides more info on that 'Current and Next Rotations' tab. You don't have to give up all the work you've done though. It's a matter of replacing the 'Current and Next Rotations' tab from your copy, and replacing it with the one from the localized copy. All of the data already entered on other tabs will instantly be linked and updated.

I know that may be anything but simple for many people. If you are not spreadsheet savvy but want to do this let me know and we will work out a painless way to make this happen. Maybe I'll post a YouTube video. I've considered making one in the past, but have yet to actually need it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited April 2017
    Oh gosh, 2 sets from my WL are on the DD~ World of Wonder for 969 and Live, Laugh, Love is coming up in about 4 hours from now...

If I go with LLL, it might give me a hand with CYS for the march 2013 compilation, but I've never seen WoW on the DD before and have no idea when it will come back up.

I found a tracking thread the other day and thought I bookmarked but it seems I totally didn't. I'll have to see if I can find it again. @Jude525, maybe you know the one I'm talking about?

Edit: I found the board and it looks like this is the least expensive I'll ever get WoW at~ I might just have to go for it, although I may be able to do both. Anyone know if it comes up in MMAO?

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ for the gifts! I got them all! Then I went to the Sale page and got Steampunk: the return.

I've updated my Top5 and Wishlist.
  • LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2017
    hey everybody :) Hope you´re all doing fine :)
    I myself sadly got a bad cold :( have been sick since yesterday :# Don´t know any longer how many cups of tea I had. Feels like a hundred and more :D

So now where do I start:

@Jude525 an video tutorial about the spreadsheet would be awesome! Please do that <3 I also need advise on how to update my localized (already started) spreadsheet.
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Personalized DD Trackers Spreadsheet
    Note: - These spreadsheets have been designed to be downloaded and customized by the user. These spreadsheets are only updated when another rotation needs to be added. (Tabs are included in each spreadsheet to allow you to update your own at the start of a rotation.) Past deals are not deleted on the online versions similar to how the spreadsheet team does on the main DD spreadsheet.
    [........]
    If you have already using a copy of the spreadsheet, you can update yours by downloading the new spreadsheet and copying the "Welcome" and "Current & Next Rotation" sheets from the new version to the one you are using. You will have to delete the old sheets and then rename the new ones to remove "Copy of" in the tab name.

Do I have to use the new "Welcome" and "Current & Next Rotation" sheets from the master list or the localized updated spreadsheet?
    I´m honestly very confused about all the copying and deleting ;)

@Dusty_Boots The 2x MMAO promotion hasn´t been working for me aswell. And thank you so much again for your gift :) . With the Dirty No More Changing And Bathing Station I´ll get the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes set at # 418 for free!! <3<3<3<3<3
    And thank you for telling when the sale will start :D

also thank you very much @Jahnna for the Glass Birdie and the Bed Barthelme!
    Oh that´s sad to hear. Hopefully your dog gets better soon. <3 It´s always terrible if your pet gets hurt/sick and you don´t know how it happened and how bad it is. Wish you much patience while your dog is recovering. <3

Furthermore I want to thank @lauravonawesome for Commissioned by Kings !!! <3<3<3 Oh, my Sims house will look so wealthy ;) Thank you so much!!

Somebody tell me if I´m using to much heart smileys ;)
    Post edited by LadyMarmelade01 on
    edited April 2017
    Welp, decisions were made lol. I passed on World of Wonder and got LLL for 520 SP... which gave me the rest of the 2013 compilation for 220 SP. Close enough to free. :)

Thanks again @Jude525 and @Dusty_Boots for helping me with that set. :)

Edit: Just checked my store history and saw the dress & end table from @Jahnna ~ thank you, and many hugs! Hope pupper is doing better too!

• bleedin9mascarableedin9mascara Posts: 100 Member
    HI @lauravonawesome! Thank you! That's how I originally had them on my wishlist but I read the rules of what the post called a "clean wishlist" lol and thought maybe I should change it because I had the Premium Content saved separately and sometimes the Sets/Venues as well (just for me to keep up with). I'll go back and revise it though!

The Sims 4 just doesn't hold my attention like the Sims 3 does. I really wanted to love the Sims 4 but I haven't yet. I was gifted one of the packs (can't even remember the name lol, City Life, maybe? The one with the flea markets) for my birthday back in November and I just played it like week ago and was already bored with it. Not even the toddlers were enough to keep me interested.

• Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you @Jahnna and @aricarai for the gifts from my wish list and top five! Very much appreciated. <3

Also, thanks to anyone who tried gifting me but the store item glitched :heartbreak: I appreciate the thought! But, I wish there was a way for y'all to get your points back. Ugh! :(

Top 5 Updated Here

<3<3<3:smiley:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    ok, sounds like putting in the time to make a video would be worth it since it would be used at least a couple times. I'll take it under serious consideration. It would be my first go at a YouTube production. But I have decent editing software and editing experience, so that part isn't daunting. Will have to locate video screen capture options and work out a storyboard.

First order of business is to make sure the localized sheets are current. Last time I checked they weren't. I'll check with that and see if the powers that be will let me update them. I'm pretty sure they'll be thrilled with the help. I already help maintain the master sheet.

@lauravonawesome the Daily Deal tracker thread is here. It has a LOT of available helping tools on the first page besides the spreadsheet I'm talking about, but that is its primary focus.

On that first page you'll see a full list of all the Daily Deals. About the fourth comment below the last one is a list of the localized sheets. Download one to either your computer hard drive or, if you are like me, your Google drive. But the key is to "Save a copy" when asked. This will give you the authority to edit the file and that the file you edit will only effect you. Because it will be yours.

Open it up and take a look around. Whatever you do, don't start deleting stuff yet. There are invisible links all over the place. These can be fixed, but no always easily. You can safely play with the first and second tab. Mainly because no other page pulls info from these pages, and also because these pages will be deleted and replaced.

You can also get started filling stuff in on the 'Items owned' and 'Set Tracking' tabs. These are very helpful and I didn't even discover them until I was almost done. The instructions for these tabs, and all the others, are on the 'Welcome' tab. They're pretty straight forward, but as with anything, don't be afraid to ask. You can ask here or over on the DD thread. There are plenty of us over there to help you out with the details of the spreadsheet and how to use it.

Once you get the basics, you may find your own innovative ways to customize it. At that point, go ahead and do. By then you'll notice if you've messed something up and one of us can tell you how to fix it. You should see my sheet compared to the 'vanilla' version. But, I am an expienced spreadsheet designer, so I kinda went nuts. On that note, if you want a feature added to your sheet, or the master for that matter, mention it. I can help with yours, and Jodi is open to suggestions for future revisions of the master. Not that any are scheduled or promised.

Of course @LadyMarmelade01 all of this applies to you as well, (and anyone else) I just couldn'tt figure out where to break my narrative to say so. ;)

*whew* my usual brief post. I've already sent a message about permission to update the localized sheets, and the access to do so. Let me know what time zones you are in so that I can prioritize those sheets if I do get the greenlight.

SSidenote: Does anyone else have a problem with characters being double (or even triple typed) while poostiing to this forum? I thought it was the keyboard on my new laptop, but I'm using my bluetooth keyboard right now, and as you can see, it's still happening. (I didn't edit this paragraph to demonstrate the problem.) I am a fairly quick touch typist and am sure that is a factor regardless of where the pproblem lies. Wwas just wondering.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Thank you very much @Dusty_Boots for those lovely additions to my collection that reduced my CYS on The Fifth Avenue Fashions. That was certainly unexpected. I do love that set. I'm just waiting for the Strictly Business Womens Suit to come up on the DD rotation May 17 before going ahead with the buy.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited April 2017
    @Jude525 yes, that's the one! I was able to find it and actually remembered to bookmark it this time. Thanks :)

@Nomiko13 thank you so much for the crib and romper/helping me lower my CYS for Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes. Hugs to you :)

Updated my top 5 here.

And, to celebrate, I created a Simself for the sole purpose of wearing this dress... If only I had an excuse to wear something like that IRL.

screenshot_original.jpg

I also built a house and put many of the lovely things people have gifted to me in it. It's not done yet, but my Simself is very much enjoying all her new toys. :)
    Post edited by lauravonawesome on

@Jude525 yes, that's the one! I was able to find it and actually remembered to bookmark it this time. Thanks :)

@Nomiko13 thank you so much for the crib and romper/helping me lower my CYS for Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes. Hugs to you :)

Updated my top 5 here.

And, to celebrate, I created a Simself for the sole purpose of wearing this dress... If only I had an excuse to wear something like that IRL.

screenshot_original.jpg

I also built a house and put many of the lovely things people have gifted to me in it. It's not done yet, but my Simself is very much enjoying all her new toys. :)

@lauravonawesome , it's great to link your Top 5 in your signature. :) And it's no problem! When I get more ads, I'm gonna give some more soon! :3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 good idea~ done lol.

I wish I could do more gifting of my own too. If the ads would work consistently, that'd be great. :)

@lauravonawesome Same here! I'm getting terrible ads tonight and I'm dangerously low, but luckily, there's no DD items I really want at the moment that'll come up over the past few days.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Funny, I had an endless amount of ads last night, managed to farm well over 1,500 simpoints :) At first though I had some pretty bad ads but then I always got the same type that was very short. Finally got my MMAO exclusives and sent some gifts out ♥
    45bd06ce53502178aa224a4c28ecc125.png

I also want to thank everybody for their nice messages about our dog Suki. We did go to the vets yesterday and she seemed much better. Their point of view now is that she has a mild form of "Endometritis" which is also a bacterial infection, the one that actually leads to the life-threatening Pyometra if left untreated. She got a weeks worth of antibiotics prescribed but she will still have to be spayed in about 3 months time, because antibiotics are not a general preferred treatment for those infections. The treatment of choice is always spaying, but we have to wait for a while which eats me up alive because until she's getting spayed she is still at risk of developing Pyometra, even if the current infection clears up. We will just have to keep a close eye on her, but so far she's totally like her old self and behaving healthy and normal. *sigh with relief* :relieved:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    edited April 2017
    @LadyMarmelade01 I do hope you're recovering, I loathe colds! Maybe someday we'll be able to eradicate those devilishly clever little germs. :mask: And you're very welcome! Its a real pity that the weekly sales page no longer functions. That was often where those PC (premium content) items could be had for a discount. Because they carry such a heavy weight in the CYS calculations, that was a frugal way to obtain the corresponding set via CYS for cheap/free on a DD sale.

Too many smileys? Nope, not imo. Your enthusiasm is inspiring! B)
    @lauravonawesome You're very welcome & congrats on snagging that 2013 compilation! :star: You finally have that dress you adore, and a whole lot more. Yeah, limited points force hard compromises, but WoW will come 'round again. When I 'did the store' I followed the road of EPs>Worlds>Venues>Sets. That was just one of several recommended schemes that worked well for me at the time.
    @Jude525 You're very welcome! But you're so difficult to shop for :D I had a tough time finding anything that you didn't already own.

You sure are savvy about customizing that DD spreadsheet! Its easily accessible as is, and a truly awesome resource. But I'm rather lost with manipulating the data. I think you should go for that how-to video, you seem more than capable. That's a very generous offer and, who knows? -it could be a blast to create!

Bluetooth & Double characters - yes, I see a handful in your text. I'm a dunce with Macs but... a common resolution for the issue is often to perform a removal and then a re-pairing of the device. If you're using many wireless devices on the pc it could be too much frequency interference. I'm unwilling to suggest any more as I'm not knowledgeable on the subject. :/
    @Jahnna A huge congrats on Owning The Store! :star: Awesome! :star: Keep surfing the store pages. iirc there's a handful of items that might now appear for purchase, like elder hair variations on adult hairstyles. They aren't particularly desirable/special but if you're a fellow completionist its irresistible. :D Good to hear that your Suki is rallying! Go Suki Your relief must feel wonderful.
    ps I apologize to everyone that the MMAO promotion I mentioned was not valid. An error from EA. Emptor caveat! :s
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @Dusty_Boots Technically I own the store since March 4th but at the time my MMAO still wasn't fixed so I had no possibility of getting the exclusives, but I did already own everything else before. And I thought that if there were any new hairstyles, they would actually show up if I keep trying to create a MMAO offer :)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @Dusty_Boots Technically I own the store since March 4th but at the time my MMAO still wasn't fixed so I had no possibility of getting the exclusives, but I did already own everything else before. And I thought that if there were any new hairstyles, they would actually show up if I keep trying to create a MMAO offer :)

This is what I was referring to. They never showed up in my MMAO, only on the 'recommended' thingie at the bottom of a store product's page. After I officially owned the store, it took about a week before I even saw them -by pure luck. I found a relevant post/thread:
    Assirk wrote: »
    @Franny, today I went back to the store, and I noticed there were two items that I didn't buy yet. It was so weird because the MMAO machine told me I owned the store, so it definitely surprised me so see two hidden items that I didn't own yet!

1. plum and Suave - http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17269
    2. Long Wavy Hair - http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17259

Both of these hairstyles are for elders I believe. If you are able to, you should add it to your already-wonderful list! :D

Edit: Okay I'm not sure why the first one is showing up as 'Plum and Suave', but it's supposed to be 'S piky and Suave'

Edit: There is a space between the 'S' and 'piky' because if I put them together, it would still turn to plum... XD haha no idea why it does that - so just follow the link haha

It may be worth a little time to check the rest of the items mentioned in the thread. The majority seem to be those single items. There's a list compiled by some very helpful players that you might also wish to run through? Yep, it takes the Madly Obsessed Completionist Trait to hunt these things down. hehe, I oughta know *blush* Consider going through the Free & Registration items, too. The free stuff is mostly meh, but the obsessive urge can win out over meh.

The Sims 3 Stores Additional Items
    edited April 2017
    @Dusty_Boots yeah, I looked up the next rotation of the World of Wonder and, since the discount wasn't that different (45 vs 49% off), I figured I could hold out.

I did get a couple of working ads last night, so hopefully will be able to snag Lullabies & Nursery Rhymes later today... thanks again @Nomiko13 for helping me lower my CYS for the set. :)

@Jahnna glad to hear your puppy is doing better too.