Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nectar Ingredients

I am having an issue with wishes and nectar making. My Sim wants to use Bell Peppers and Garlic to make nectar, but the game won't let me put those in the Nectar Maker. Is there another requirement I need to meet first? My Sim is at level 10 for Nectar making, so I can't learn any more, but I haven't completed some of the challenges in the skill journal yet, does that make a difference?

I'm wondering if this is a bug, or if it's actually possible to put veggies in the Nectar machine.

Comments

• kcpzkcpz Posts: 549 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Well, I don't have the game yet so I couldn't say, but it could be like gardening where you can't plant certain plants (eggplant, cheese plant, ect.) until a challenge?
  • ricola8321ricola8321 Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2009
    My sim had this happen, too. My guess is that you can only make nectar with fruits, which makes sense, and that the wishes to put vegetables in the nectar are just tiny glitches.
  • mcbeah29mcbeah29 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I know you have to have a certain amount in order to make nectar. 10 I think? I'm not sure if that is 10 of each ingredient or 10 total. Also, don't you also have to include grapes in each recipe? I'm not sure on that one. I'm thinking the Prima Guide might be worth buying for this EP!
  • Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2009
    mcbeah29 wrote:
    I know you have to have a certain amount in order to make nectar. 10 I think? I'm not sure if that is 10 of each ingredient or 10 total. Also, don't you also have to include grapes in each recipe? I'm not sure on that one. I'm thinking the Prima Guide might be worth buying for this EP!

You can only use fruits to make nectar....NO Vegetables. Think of it as wine. You wouldn't have garlic wine or bell pepper wine, right?

No, you do not have to use grapes if you don't want to.

It takes 10 total fruits...but you can mix and match whatever you want as long as it adds up to 10. Example: You can use 3 watermelon, 3 lime and 4 life fruit...or you could use 2 life fruit, 2 plums, 2 cherries and 3 lime...and so on. Again, just so it adds up to 10.

I love making nectar! It's a lot of fun coming up with unique combinations! The possibilities are endless :D
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the input! I will just ignore her wishes to make nectar with weird things. ;)
  • HrtBr8krHrtBr8kr Posts: 63 New Member
    edited November 2009
    How did you guys get the fruit in the bin? I kept trying to put it in and it wouldn't stay.
  • debw1223debw1223 Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2009
    How did you guys get the fruit in the bin? I kept trying to put it in and it wouldn't stay.

you have to drag the piece of fruit to a blank spot in the open box or it will pop back out....it took me a while to figure this out....hope this helps
  • Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited November 2009
    HrtBr8kr wrote:

You have to click on the "bin" and click "add fruit" and a small window pops open. You then drop and drag the fruit or fruits you want to use into that box until it adds up to 10 total. Then close the box and click "squish fruit". When the fruit has been squished, you click on "make nectar" and waif for it to be finished, and then click on "take nectar". It will go into your personal inventory. If you want to stock it in the nectar racks you just click on the nectar rack and select "stock nectar". When the rack if full, that option will be grayed out.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited November 2009
    that would be gross type of wines to make but i think the boot wine would be wurse if they made the sims2 way of doing things happen again for that
  • fishbulbfishbulb Posts: 64 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I also keep getting wishes to put veggies in the nectar. So far garlic and bell peppers keep showing up... :?:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited November 2009
    You don't need to click on the machine to add fruit. You cxan just open the sim's inventory and drag fruit over to the machine, like if you would drag a book over to the bookcase or any item over to another Sim (to switch inventory).

If you open the "add fruit" box, you can switch between the sims without cancelling the action. Just click on the other sim's face thumb to the left.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Niugnep1Niugnep1 Posts: 12
    edited July 2010
    A Good Nectar Ingredient I Always Use:

2 Cherries, 2 Cranerlet Nuala Grapes, 2 Gralladina Fran Grapes, 2 Pomelos, 1 Life Fruit and 1 Flame Fruit.

If you have MODDED or want to MOD your game, go onto http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611 and install the TS3 Installer Monkey then go to http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=405172 and download the Functional Nectar Barrels * Updated - Flavors! and put it in your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages make sure you have the d3dx9_31.dll in your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventnures\Game\Bin if you haven't got this click this link http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=383093 and go to the bottom and click [Show Spoiler] and download the d3dx9_31.dll. Extract to your desktop and drag it into your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventnures\Game\Bin or any other Stuff or Expansion Packs.

And put your Nectar in those barrels it is found in: Buy Items/Storage/Misc leave Nectar in there for a while and it gets more valuable. I use Functional Nectar Barrels SUPER.rar

Good Luck
    Niugnep1

mysig_1158329595.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited July 2010
    Now that people already gave answers, I'll just give you a cool nectar recipe!
    Put in 5 life fruit and 5 flame fruit at level 10. You will get all moodlets: (the 4 with pictures of grapes), sugar rush, full of life, and warm fuzzies. All together it = 80 - 110 happiness. The nectar will also be flaming. It is a cool recipe!
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2010

And funny to watch them drinking from a flaming glass.

:)

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg