Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wait!! Did they update the bubble blower? O_O

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
I have been avoiding this thing forever because like everyone else, I was disappointed to see how sims seemed to hate it.

Well, today, I was at the spice festival, and not only did one of my sims, Donna, willingly choose it, another sim cheered her on when she took a blow, like, "Right on!" A second sim got the dazed moodlet! And all the other sims at the festival were actively choosing and happily using it.

Do my eyes deceive me? Or have I been the victim of a bubble blower??? :D
EiFlric.png

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    My sim went on a date once, to the festival. I had them try the passion (I think that was one, I thought that would make them romantic) but instead, it made them Angry, really angry. They were both stomping mad! So I "X'd" out of the date, sent her home and never went to a festival again with a date :D
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    My sim went on a date once, to the festival. I had them try the passion (I think that was one, I thought that would make them romantic) but instead, it made them Angry, really angry. They were both stomping mad! So I "X'd" out of the date, sent her home and never went to a festival again with a date :D

Yeah, it always used to create some kind of negative reaction. I think that might have changed recently.
    EiFlric.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    My sims are always using it. Yeah they sometimes complain about it cause I mean come on, it's drugs. :smiley:
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
    ts1depot wrote: »

Yeah, it always used to create some kind of negative reaction. I think that might have changed recently.

Oh, are you saying a lot of them created negative reactions before? I didn't try anymore, LOL
    edited April 2017

Oh, are you saying a lot of them created negative reactions before? I didn't try anymore, LOL

I personally never experienced an angry moodlet. It's just that sims either avoided the blower, reacted with disgust or acted disgusted when I had them use it. It was getting to the point where I stopped using it altogether since it wasn't fun to use.
    Simpkin wrote: »
    My sims are always using it. Yeah they sometimes complain about it cause I mean come on, it's drugs. :smiley:

Actually, a hookah is used for smoking tobacco. It's not drug paraphernalia, though I'm sure people do use it for that purpose.
    EiFlric.png
    Thanks @ts1depot
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I think the dazed moodlet was there before. It's really funny to send a couple on a date and get them both to try the "deepest plum" flavour I think it's called - they both sound like Barry White. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I think the dazed moodlet was there before. It's really funny to send a couple on a date and get them both to try the "deepest plum" flavour I think it's called - they both sound like Barry White. :D

That's hilarious! I can't wait to try that out.
    EiFlric.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

That's hilarious! I can't wait to try that out.

It's really worth it. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • xxLucky185xxxxLucky185xx Posts: 48 Member
    The dazed moodlet stays there for a number of tries bear they get used to blowing bubbles
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    all of this was there before. each flavor has its own good and bad moodlets when used and they pretty much depend on if your sim succeeds in blowing bubbles or starts hacking and coughing. good version for success, bad version for coughing. also, anyone nearby will cheer on a successful attempt or boo on a failed attempt. and also, yes, some of the flavors also affect sim voices

i tend to think bubble blowing has a hidden skill and the more often a sim does it, the more likely they'll succeed. one of my sims zooms to the thing on her own every time she's at a festival and now she aces all her attempts to much rejoicing nearby
    edited April 2017
    @kalaksed, this was helpful information. Thanks.

But I guess I was talking about this issue discussed here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915095/they-got-the-bubble-blower-all-wrong/p1.

In that thread, people were discussing how it seemed as if all sims hate the bubble blower no matter how many times they used it. I had that experience as well. Sims not only reacted with a "yeck" and a thought bubble, they would get upset if I had them use it. Sims also avoided it like the plague and refused to use it autonomously.

I experienced the behavior you mentioned at the Spice Festival (with the coughing, cheering, etc.) but it was literally the first time using the blower that this happened where I didn't get this overall negative reaction. Everyone--even the inexperienced sims who had never used it before and had also treated it with disgust--were flocking to it and cheering each other on.

Normally, this never, ever happens for me. This is what had me thinking that the blower had been updated, like maybe the devs had seen the thread above where we were complaining about how sims don't enjoy it. But now that I think about it, maybe it has something to do with the Spice Festival. I took my sims out to the Humor and Hijinks Festival and just like before, she and everyone else absolutely hated the blower, expressed disgust and refused to use it. Very weird. I am wondering that maybe they coded it so that sims only feel comfortable using it in public in the "right" settings.
    EiFlric.png
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I only now realized that there is a whim to "get aquainted with the bubble blower" and it sais it comes "from being near a bubble blower".
    A teenaged sim got that whim after using the blower for the first time. He and his girlfriend seemed okay with it, but admittedly most of the time they just sat there, staring into space, taking maybe one or two breaths from the thing in the whole session. All "Hey, look at us, we are eightteen and totally doing this now!" It was so endearing <3
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I hate that thing. What's it for?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Sims 2 Nostalgia :)
    edited April 2017
    calaprfy wrote: »

Sims 2 Nostalgia :)

No. It's been a staple of the franchise since Sims 1. It came with House Party:

250?cb=20140703181013
    EiFlric.png
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    I wish they would tweak the bubble blower. I love this item and was geeked when i saw it in the CL trailer for the first time. But what i dont like is all the sims hatred for it. Its like everybody hates the bubble blower and anyone who tries it.
    Does anybody know if sims get better at blowing bubbles the more they try? I had one sim who seemed to get a little better at it but he would still goof up from time to time. So can sims ever get perfect at it with no coughing?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I have quite warm memories of the bubble blower from TS2 when it was the thing to get your fun up. I welcome this more complicated new bubble blower though. I have had some good experiments with it and some that were less good. I think it's an interesting object and have no complaints about it.
    edited April 2017
    PlumDiddy wrote: »
    I wish they would tweak the bubble blower. I love this item and was geeked when i saw it in the CL trailer for the first time. But what i dont like is all the sims hatred for it. Its like everybody hates the bubble blower and anyone who tries it?

Try using the bubble blower at the Spice Festival. See what happens. If you had the same experience I did, I have a sneaking suspicion now that they're pretending to hate it when they're out in public because it's not socially acceptable and they don't want anyone to know they use it, but they happily use it at the Spice Festival because the "right crowd" of people (hippies) are attending.
    EiFlric.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited April 2017
    I was checking Carl's Sim Site and found that Playalot in their Sims4 forums gave a complete rundown of everything concerning the bubble blower. I hadn't realised it was so complicated before. Just look for the Sims4 City Living forum articles. You mght find your particular question answered there.

It is worth taking a look at, as is the whole site.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
    @Mchap353 Thanks. I'll check it out.
    EiFlric.png
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    Mine don't hate it. They usually get the "cool thing is cool" in their queue when near one. Most of my Sims are probably potheads though.

NCQV69F.jpg
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I read this and all I could imagine was a sim saying "and take off that brassiere my dear" in a Simlish Barry White voice. :joy:
  • unlimited0sunlimited0s Posts: 11 New Member
    my sims always get an 'not one of those' interaction when one is nearby,,, anyone know why?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »

Herbs. Like it was in Sims3. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/