Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited April 2017
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    Here is my latest murky chapter. Not much happening with my sim, but everyone else seems to be very busy, hehe.
    Chapter 1.9 Climbing the Cliff

h5IyYq8.jpg

I've uploaded the 5-sim household appearing in this chapter (two of whom appear above) to the Gallery.
    Item name: Murky Men
    Hashtags: #Murkland, #MurklandChallenge, #NoCC, #oshizu

@Shizu9no1 Awesome story! I see you added Pookey! YAY! Loved all the screenies and the story was so much fun!
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    Congrats to @Anchesenamon and @silverwolf_6677 on the Maxis faves!
    Wow, Brennachan, your Murkland-related Gallery uploads have been doing so well lately!

@reggikko
    Thanks for the heads up about possible Plantsim issues. I'm going to try "mixing" water at a bar, too.

@Brennachan
    Thank you, too, for creating a Survival Tips for Murkland Plantsims. I might try it out now!
    Also, I appreciate your reading my story! Your challenge has been so fun to play!
    I'm trying to avoid finishing the Starter Challenge too early, even. So grateful to you for offering Murkland to us.
    Plus, the Murkland community is awesome. Happy camper here!

@SoulGal7
    If I haven't said it already, I just wanna say how lovely your Artist Colony is! The sims I placed there all look so happy!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Hi All! Here is another build for my Nukecrest neighbors. Enjoy! [\img]apocalypse_life.png
    @Shizu9no1 - I just read your latest chapter! What a hoot! And thank you so much for featuring my Artists' Colony build and having me in your story. I love the screenie of the tired gang heading home after visiting the Cliff Dwellers. You sure do visit everyone...I never seem to have time. lol Great story and looking forward to more chapters! Oh, and your guy sim creations are cute, too :)
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    Minky Rivers is getting close to completing her starter challenge, she only needs to max her farming level and get her plants (which are all magnificent or better) to perfect, That she will be getting a small bit of a makeover, when attempting to make her my simself, I did not accurately get the body portions right and she is a little fluffier than I am so I have decided that as part of the storyline, the struggle of making it in Murkland has toned her up a bit. I will be uploading her "toned" version after completing the starter challenge in the next few days... Now I realize that If I upload the played version she will have skills her original version wouldn't have. Is there a way to "copy and paste" the same edits to her unskilled/original model for uploading? or anything so I can have "new me"/edited version the same but a copy with and a copy without her gained skills?
    I'm reading the forum, about suggesting things , and so far I'm seeing the favorites as, Mason jars-as all kinds of decor, Pallet furniture, and Natural and curly hair, I love it! I think all of these things could easily be put to use to "beautify" Murkland! some other favorites are compost toilet, and of course laundry....
    @minkydpain

Wow, you really sped through the Starter Challenge!!! All but one of my trash plants are still only Very Nice, hehe.

To create a new simself, make a twin of your played sim using CAS Genetics.
    You'll need to fix the wardrobe, hair, etc. as well as the traits/aspiration of the new sim.
    Then delete the original played simself (you have them saved separately in your library, I'm assuming).
    You now have a bin twin with the same appearance but no skills, reward traits, or bonus traits. Have fun!
    @SoulGal7

Your new Apocalypse Life lot looks amazing! I can't wait to get back in the game to download it!!!
    @Shizu9no1 Perfect! , Thanks so much for the tip! I probly would have figured it out, eventually, but you just saved me a lot of frustration of the process, that will be easy! Thanks again!
  • NicknellFamilyNicknellFamily Posts: 57 Member
    Congrats to everyone who has received a Maxis fav for their Murkland creations.

Thank you for @Brennachan for creating Murkland and for bringing so many simmers together.

My Caterina must have received a Maxis fav yesterday. It was SO exciting to log on to the gallery and see the number of downloads she received. What was more interesting were the number of comments. I've taken the time to Google Translate everyone. They were not all positive and that's okay. People are questioning why some of our sims are getting noticed by Maxis. It's obvious they haven't discovered Murland yet and are wandering around in the wasteland of unknowing. I laughed the first time I read a comment that said "nice job". How do they know what I looked like at 20 to know if Caterina is a good representation? I also laughed at the first "ugly" comment thinking "I can't help it, this is the way that God made me." So, if I'm ugly it just follows that my simself would also be.

I think I may have a few new followers too. I'm really enjoying all of this extra attention.

Three cheers for Murkland! Murky! Murky! Murky!
    Thank you all for helping me to "Own the Store"! It was a great adventure.
    @NicknellFamily - I think it is so great that you got a Maxis fav. Don't worry about those naysayers...they are everywhere. Jealous, I guess that their sims or house build wasn't noticed by Maxis. I think that Caterina is great! And I think this challenge is great, too. So many wonderful people and we are all just having a good time. And so many Maxis favs from this challenge! It it so great. Just laugh at all those negative comments, and on a plus side, you can delete them. I know how you feel about getting a Maxis fav! I got one for J.J. Johnson for a challenge that I was doing at the time, and I was like, what...why are all these people downloading my sim? lol It certainly feels good when Maxis gives you recognition, but there are so many builds and sims out there that are just so wonderful that don't get noticed. Congrats and stay murky!
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    HI everyone ... wow so many posts to go through since I was last on my computer ..(only 2 days ago! LOL)

Congrats on the Maxis fav's!

Loved the fireball video. Thanks for sharing the link Lisabee! Love your new Apocalypse Life lot too :smile:

I see I need to put some more new murky sims in my game! Good thing I emptied out Radioactive River ..(Willow Creek) What do you think Brennachan about Radioactive River as Willow Creek's new name? LOL ... well it sounded good to me anyway :smile: I just couldn't move sims in without giving it a good murky name.

Welcome all new Murklanders! Have fun getting murky with the rest of us.

Oh and thanks Brennachan on the tips for the plant sim challenge. I was holding off doing the challenge in Murkland. I wasn't sure if it was OK to try it out in our challenge.

@Shizu9no1 - ah thanks for liking my new build. That one took a while. As I've said before, I am not a builder, but I needed a new lot for all the new sims playing the Murkland Challenge and so decided to tackle another build. Trying to work on Kate's next chapter...maybe it will be up next weekend. Have a murky weekend everyone!
    @minkydpain - congrats on almost finishing the 1st Challenge. My trash plants are the slowest evolving trashplants in Murkland! And even with a garden club! Sheesh....ok, well, maybe if Kate (my sim) stayed home once in awhile, they would do better. lol Have to go in-game and see where they are at.
    @NicknellFamily - lol - here is Caterina as a plant sim! She seems happy!
    plant_girl.png
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hey everyone! I've been a lurker for a while lol. I have been playing Murkland off and on for about a month. I'm really enjoying it! I have a couple chapters written up and published, and I'll be playing some Murkland today. I may not publish very often (the Drifter challenge keeps me pretty busy lol), but I should have an update about once a week. I'm not a storyteller, so mine is basically commentary style. I've started reading everyone's blogs, and I'm slowly getting through them. I'm enjoying reading as much as I am playing lol!

Here's my Intro and first two chapters :)

Intro

Chapter 1

Chapter 2
    Post edited by misfit091376 on
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Uploaded a no CC version of Sigrid and her bestie Issac to the gallery - gallery ID is Spacey72659
    Don't have links b/c I use the in game version, but they show up under the Murkland hashtag :)

They look drastically different with no cc but, I know a lot of people don't use CC and it's kinda hard to go around getting the CC for Sims sometimes so... since the game updated with the latest patch I figured I'd take that opportunity to make non-CC versions of them to share :)
    Congratulations for @NicknellFamily for the Maxis Fav of her household Caterina

Woot! Woot!

17951827_1892602624333512_6609174257266308085_n.jpg?oh=3504ace77d8cf03523b9575e7582f9b2&oe=59958E40
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Hi All! Here is another build for my Nukecrest neighbors. Enjoy! [\img]apocalypse_life.png

@SoulGal7 -- your new lot looks AMAZING!

minkydpain wrote: »
    Minky Rivers is getting close to completing her starter challenge, she only needs to max her farming level and get her plants (which are all magnificent or better) to perfect, That she will be getting a small bit of a makeover, when attempting to make her my simself, I did not accurately get the body portions right and she is a little fluffier than I am so I have decided that as part of the storyline, the struggle of making it in Murkland has toned her up a bit. I will be uploading her "toned" version after completing the starter challenge in the next few days... Now I realize that If I upload the played version she will have skills her original version wouldn't have. Is there a way to "copy and paste" the same edits to her unskilled/original model for uploading? or anything so I can have "new me"/edited version the same but a copy with and a copy without her gained skills?

That's so awesome! Challenge 2 is not yet up, so no need to rush. There's also a Library Side Challenge as well i you feel like writing books for the Murkland library.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top