Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Huge congrats to @Wildling, @golden_glow, @glen1974, and @onehummingbird!!! Amazing builds all round!!

And well done for the sweep @Ainsleyf ;)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    Huge congrats to @Wildling, @golden_glow, @glen1974, and @onehummingbird!!! Amazing builds all round!!

And well done for the sweep @Ainsleyf ;)
    @BuildnShare thank you very much, I'm really thrilled to get a place up against all those amazing builds !Your advice is always much appreciated and helps me with my next build
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Wow! Huge congrats to @Wildling and all the winners! Actually, all the entrants showed so much creativity. I'm so impressed! :smiley:
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats to @Wildling, @Golden_Glow, @Glen1974 and @onehummingbird on the wins! Absolutely stunning builds! Thanks so much to @buildnshare for the lovely sentiments and all the great critiques and for taking the time to hold this wonderful challenge!
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    What? :O :O :O I'm speechless, I wasn't feeling confident about this building at all. Thank you so much for the appreciation, the "promotion" and the continuous feedback, it has been helping me with my building skills so much! <3<3

I want to also congratulate @onehummingbird , @golden_glow and @glen1974 and @Ainsleyf! Seeing the incredible creations you make inspires me to keep playing!
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @BuildnShare Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to post such great feedback!

Well deserved, @Wildling @onehummingbird @glen1974 @golden_glow !!!
  • onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @BuildnShare thank you for the feedback and your consideration!

Major congrats, @Wildling, @golden_glow, @glen1974, and @Ainsleyf ! I was super impressed with every entrant's builds. Great work, everyone!
    Not sure why the rest of my comment didn't post but there was more to it!! Congratulations to@wildling @golden_glow and @Ainsleyf. I'm looking forward to see what everyone comes up with for the next challenge.
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    Wow, thanks @BuildnShare. I thought everyone's builds for this challenge were amazing - I kept changing my mind with this one and really didn't think I'd be in the top three this time. Well done to everyone else too.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited April 2017
    Expert Results for Challenge #66 - Somewhere

@folala
    The roof line on this build is very artistic and fits with the personality of the clients. The interior lines are very clean and modern. I like how you’ve highlighted their artwork as requested. Letting these pieces lend color to the rooms really makes a statement. The kids’ rooms are quirky and cute without being overly childish. Love the wood accents in the family bathroom.

Suggestions: The master ensuite bathroom was a little stark and could have benefitted from some more textures for contrast.

@masajo
    I love the cube-like structure of the home The landscaping is thoughtful and appropriate for the style. Great black wood accents on the exterior. Gorgeous pool area. Living and dining areas are lovely. I like how you picked up the red from one of the paintings in some of the furniture. The use of neutrals here lets the artwork shine. Great job on the kitchen. It’s modern but still functional.

Suggestions: I like the color accents, but I feel like it is a bit more than the clients were looking for. Their art gets a little lost in spots.

@JasonAnthonySterling
    What an interesting building - it looks like it could be a small art museum in a city somewhere. Great roof work. Clever use of space inside.Love the intricately shaped pool in the rear.The shot of that with the sunlight dappling the house is gorgeous. Great idea for the au pair room attached to the toddlers’ space. The sunken living room is a very cool touch. Curious how you made that large archway - very creative. You’ve really listened to the clients desires as far as the color palette. The way the light casts shadows from the skylight and windows onto the white interiors is lovely. The kitchen island stone is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the commentary on the pictures - that gave me a laugh!

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen more natural wood textures to break up all the black and white.

@StSciurus
    Such interesting roof work - it almost looks like canvases leaning against the house. Very appropriate. Nice contrast of textures on the exterior. Lovely Zen garden. Interiors are modern but still look inviting and livable. Love the master bathroom. Cute kids’ room. I like the added pops of color here.

Suggestions: The artwork chosen could have been a bit more cohesive.

@popettypop2012
    Gorgeous exterior. I love the contrast of wood and stone. Nice exterior landscaping. Love the lollipop tree by the entry. Great use of natural materials for contrast in the entry/living area. Love the brick walls. The glass-front shelving in the kitchen is a great choice. Gorgeous view from the upstairs landing. Cute room for the toddlers. It’s child-appropriate without being childish.

Suggestions: The paneling and wallpaper in the guest room don’t really fit the “ultra modern” requests. I would have swapped the upstairs full bath with the en suite ½ bath.

@FaithofKaela
    WOW! Really nice lines to this build. I like the contrast of black and white on the exterior and the multi-level roof line. Lovely fencing. Nice idea to use sim-created artwork for more art options and variety. Love the black wall texture in the entry and how it contrasts with the white of the kitchen. Master suite is lovely and subdued. The toddler bedroom is so cute and sophisticated! Love the greenspace on the roof.

Suggestions: Different interior doors might blend with the ultramodern style a bit better.

@gmcrozier
    This is a really striking build, especially when the light hits it. I live the contrast of stone, wood, and stucco. It’s also perfectly designed for the surrounding landscape. Great use of paths and lovely pool area. Nice interiors that let the artwork take center stage. Love the wood wall with the trip-tych artwork in the living room. Cute toddler room. The outdoor pool area is divine.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen the wood carried through into the upstairs instead of the stone texture.

AND FIRST PLACE GOES PLACE GOES TO.....
    @FaithofKaela
    Just a gorgeous all-around build that hits high points in architecture, design and landscaping.

SECOND PLACE
    @gmcrozier Such a nice build and big kudos for making it blend into the "world" so nicely.

HONORABLE MENTION
    @JasonAnthonySterling Super ultramodern build, and extra points on presentation from stellar photography to fun commentary.[/b][/size]
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Oh... My... Really?? My little build won!! Wow, thank you so much for your wonderful critique @BuildnShare! And congrats to everyone else, these were all awesome builds!!!
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Congrats @FaithofKaela ! well done :)
    Thanks @folala - I really wasn't expecting it!!
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Congrats, @FaithofKaela it's totally well deserved. And thank you so much to @BuildnShare for the feedback and the fun challenge.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited April 2017
    Congratulations to all the winners from the different levels! There was a lot of cool looks in this challenge and so much room for interpretation. I really like ultra modern- and I specialize >:) in "fun commentary" (read snark) lol!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    A huge congrats, @FaithofKaela ! Your toddlers' bedroom was spot on! And I must say, everyone's builds were spectacular. :smiley:
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Great entries, all! I do not envy the choices the judges have to make! Congrats @FaithofKaela, @gmcrozier, and @JasonAnthonySterling!!!
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Congratulations, @FaithofKaela, @gmcrozier and @JasonAnthonySterling, very well deserved! All your buildlings blew my mind!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats to all the winners, your creations are all very beautiful and well deserved :)
    Big thank you to @BuildnShare really appreciate your feedback :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

congratulations to @FaithofKaela @gmcrozier & @JasonAnthonySterling , all fantastic builds.
    In fact all entries in the Expert level are amazing and I hope one day to feel worthy enough to enter my build into this category.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Starting Out Results for Challenge #67 - Footprints in the Sand

@e1990r

What an elegant vacation home you’ve created for the Johnsons with Footprints in the Sand! The modern architectural design with its wood paneling and red and black accents is quite striking. I really like how you’ve used the “diagonal notch” in the footprint to make an unusual porch fence. The fountain out front offers the visitor a cooling moment in the hot desert. You have included plenty of outdoor activities for the family to enjoy. I appreciate the use of desert colors inside, mostly toward the neutral range. The toddlers’ bedroom is charming! Overall, you chose lovely CC items and other decor to make a sophisticated desert home. Good job! :smiley:

Suggestions: The plantings could use a little dirt or darker sand (terrain paint) under them to make them seem real. Inside, I would use more area rugs to make the rooms look a little less bare. Since you like to use CC, there are some great rattan CC rugs out there that would be perfect for the style of decor you’ve chosen. Finally, be careful not to zoom out too much with the camera when taking your images. I know it’s tempting to try to get everything in in one shot, but it gives the images an unpleasant fisheye distortion. Instead, just take more shots!

@FoundMarbles

You thought carefully about the family’s needs in Mesquite Marvel and it shows. The outdoor toddler area is sweet, and it is lovely that you provided a fishing pond and campfire outdoors, and a basketball court and hot tub in the basement—all great features! You’ve chosen windows and doors that work well with the desert setting as well as landscape plantings. Inside, you’ve chosen a pleasant neutral palette to offset the pops of color—the living room is especially nice in this regard. The kitchen is to die for as is the master bathroom. Wonderful job overall! :smiley:

Suggestions: A little dirt (terrain paint) under the plantings would help the landscape look more realistic. Same goes for under things like benches, when they are sitting on the sand. I might have put the fence around the pond rather than the toddler area, since the children at that age would never be playing out there alone. And finally, the overall architecture seems a little boxy. I know putting a roof on the house would be difficult but that might help. Also, choosing maybe one other window style to use would liven up the exterior a bit.

Sim challenge: You have created an exceptional family album! It is clear how much fun the family is having in their vacation home. And the toddlers are adorable! But my favorite image is of the parents, Kieran and Kaye, sitting on the toddlers’ beds talking with one another. Fantastic!

The winner is.....
    @e1990r

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is:
    @FoundMarbles
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@BuildnShare Thank you so much! Sadly, I did paint a little darker earth under my plantings this time but did not go too strong as it seemed a little redundant to put too much soil over original sandy soil. I'd hope the plants looked to be in their natural habitat. I put lots of dark earth in the planter box with the not native flowers. I'll be more obvious next round. Yup, I know, the roof was lacking! I tried a number of roofs and did not like any of them. I "get" the boxy comment, very true. I first imagine myself living in a creation. Having raised 2 sons, I thought about what I would have considered my ideal. As for fencing the play area rather than adult areas, I would imagine myself doing a lot less running after, if the play area was fenced in and the truth to tell, no parent leaves toddlers out unattended. (Sims are not really very good parents in that regard!!) All that said. I do appreciate your advice. I really need to get my exteriors a little more interesting!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@e1990r CONGRATULATIONS! You deserved the win!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top