Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City living did you know?

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    More diverse names were actually added to the game files for city living Sims!

I got CL when it came out, but I didn't know that; thanks for sharing. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    The paintings sold at the romance festival are fake. My sim bought one and placed it one a wall at home. I wondered why it was valued 0 simoleans, because it had cost over 300. Later the painting turned into ashes.

Was it a painting of a vampire?

Late reply, but it was a painting of a pig and apple tree.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

I never saw this before:

"I'll trade you mine, if you trade me yours."

Trade.png
  • RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    I was initially upset with the way lobbies worked in CL, especially with the lack of customisation. However, I realised that portable items can be placed inside the lobby to spruce it up a little! Now if only it was possible to actually edit the lobby...
    04-02-17_10-49-11AM.png
  • hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    I was initially upset with the way lobbies worked in CL, especially with the lack of customisation. However, I realised that portable items can be placed inside the lobby to spruce it up a little! Now if only it was possible to actually edit the lobby...

Could you edit it with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat? I've never tried, but it might work.

(took out the picture because I'm still a new member)
  • RyanOvergrowthRyanOvergrowth Posts: 42 Member
    hannaht413 wrote: »

Could you edit it with the bb.enablefreebuild cheat? I've never tried, but it might work.

(took out the picture because I'm still a new member)

I've never tried that either, I'll check it out next time I'm playing because that would be awesome if it worked
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Did you know your neighbor's hot water can go out and they can ask you if they're allowed to use your shower and you're able to allow or decline?
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I always change the light color to a sickly greenish. Really sets the mood.

This might've been mentioned before: did you know that if you have fireworks in your yard and your Sim woo-hoos in the house they'll go off?

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Did you know that there are rabbit hole events such as opera and circus?
    Did you know that some sims disapprove of other sims blowing the bubble blower?
    Did you know it can make your sims high?
    Did you know as a politician you can make false promises and ask for a bribe?

I did not realize the opera and circus were rabbit hole events. I've never agreed to one of those prompts. Do they get a moodlet when they come back?
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I did not realize the opera and circus were rabbit hole events. I've never agreed to one of those prompts. Do they get a moodlet when they come back?
    Yes. If I remember correctly they get a Happy moodlet if they had a good time.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • hitomieyeshitomieyes Posts: 108 Member
    I did not know! Good information Thank you!
    because my sim get married yet!
    sing together is so cute ต(≋°ัω°ั≋)ต
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Did you know your sims can die in the humor and hijinks festival and everyone was too busy laughing to care
    FFCOojX.gif
  • imgillzimgillz Posts: 3 New Member
    Did you know your sims can die in the humor and hijinks festival and everyone was too busy laughing to care

I did not know that! Have yet to experience that one.
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    Did you know that if you play basketball after eating curry, your sim can get the "Hot Like Curry" +1 Energized moodlet?
    Most likely referring to Stephen Curry.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Did you know that the apartments in the upper side of the city are named after the wealthiest families in the sims. The Alto family and the Landgraab family :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Did you know you can sell the paintings in the Arts Quarter if you own an apartment there?
    Most often they're high quality or even masterpieces. Easy money!
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Did you know the snowglobe and poster collections transfer to your household so they can complete the legacy if the Sim passes?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    [quote="TheLibrarySim;c-15611510"][quote="Proteus42;15610558"]

They also want to come over when one of your Sims is making music.

Also, beware of your neighbors (Jang) when moving into 122 Hakim House (in the Arts Quarter)
    If you introduce yourself to them (as their neighbors), there is a big chance that the daughter or her father will, every now and then, just invite themselves into your apartment ("because we are so good friends" ).
    The only way to prevent this is, to have noone of your family introduce themselves to the Jangs (which, of course, also means to stop the welcome wagn), or to lock the door to everyone except your family[/quote]
    They do that in every apartment as far as I know. My vampire Sim lives in the Spice District, and she's always getting neighbors coming over. Especially when she cooks.

Handy tip: If your neighbors are woo-hooing or fighting, you can get them to stop by practicing singing or singing in the shower.
    It works great if your vampire is thirsty too. Start singing, wait for the angry neighbor to appear, listen to them gripe, and then "Compel For A Deep Drink." Quiets them right down.

[/quote]

Ooh, I am SO going to try these things tonight! I have a lot of pent-up passive-aggressive rage toward Penny Pizazz that's been building up. I think I'll torture her terribly now, in return.
  • BearflexBearflex Posts: 139 Member
    My out of town Sims want to visit the city but the desire is not satisfied by going there. Do they have to go home before they get credit for it?
  • vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Sims can now work from home! But I am not sure about how many careers it applies to.
  • vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    This is one of the best expansion packs-at least I believe it is. (For Sims 4)
  • GreenPenguin5GreenPenguin5 Posts: 34 Member
    Did you know that I do not have this EP yet, but because of all these posts I am definitely getting it now. Thanks for all these wonderful tidbits about the game. You guys are awesome!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Did you know that I do not have this EP yet, but because of all these posts I am definitely getting it now. Thanks for all these wonderful tidbits about the game. You guys are awesome!

So did you get it already? :D
  • GnomeZenGnomeZen Posts: 273 Member
    A rat came out of my wall. I need a better house.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My two sisters weren't complete starters; I could afford the Zenview appartment if I choose to go unfurnished. Now I'm going quality furnishing, one room at a time...

So far: Bathroom #1 of 2 done. Bedroom Done (minus paintings). Study Done. Balcony almost done.
    No kitchen (at all, living on street food). No living room.

Next project is buy a fridge.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek