Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sigh...these challenges PlantSims

I don't really care for these challenges and usually avoid them but hey I don't complain because maybe others are enjoying them. What gets under my skin is being forced into these challenges. I went to travel somewhere with one of my Sims and noticed five of my played Sims have been turned into Plantsims without my intervention.

WHY?!!?!

The only occult I have or want in my current save is Vampires. I don't want green plantsims running around my town. Please fix this. I shouldn't have to stop playing my game for twenty days because someone thought randomly adding plantsims was a good idea. When are you guys going to understand we want control over our games.

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Wow, I didn't think it would touch played Sims @SimGuruNick.

I went out looking for some and as usual no one insight just like the Day of Dead Sims were nowhere to be found in my game, nor was Clown, etc. But I didn't think any of this ever bothers/changes our played Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ugh hope I don't have a bug.

@cinebar have you checked some of your Sims relationship panel? That is where I noticed some have changed to PlantSims.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Ugh hope I don't have a bug.

@cinebar have you checked some of your Sims relationship panel? That is where I noticed some have changed to PlantSims.

A few and noticed I have new ghosts (elderly who died not related to pub events). I'm in middle of rotating and trying to get all my Sims closer (friendships) so I can play out their stories better so I will check again when I load the game. I'm going from house to house to see if they are about to lose my own Sims' relationships with each other this week. Making them all call each other, go out etc. I really didn't have time for a new challenge but did look around for some plantSims and I haven't found one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have the opposite problem. I can't find many plant sims. I've seen one at the park. But they just walked straight by and by time my sim stopped what he was doing and walked over, the plant sim was gone.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I also have various household members changed into plantsims, but I think it's just part of how the event works. The same happened during the Day of the Dead festival. I noticed that they do show up changed back to normal eventually, and then back to plant, so I think the game selects a handful of sims, both played and unplayed, to change into plantsims when needed.

Also, if anyone is having trouble getting them to show up, try calling Jasmine again and ask her about the challenge. I had to do this a few times in my game to get the plantsims to keep circulating. I think, too, that it's best to be in Oasis Springs or Willow Creek, or even Newcrest, because, from my own experience, they only show up in base game towns. I could be wrong, though.
    #Team Occult
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Plantsims are seemingly rare in my game :neutral:
    C0gfE.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Plantsims are seemingly rare in my game :neutral:

I repaired my game and deleted my cache and autosave, then finally got some. I had none till then. I don't know if that was coincidence or not, but it was for sure frustrating! I don't have the whole 20 days of the challenge available to do it in, just this first bit. And Sam and Pippin really need to get their plantsim on.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited April 2017
    I haven't found any plantsims, either. I'm looking into the debug idea. Maybe I have a mod that conflicts? I'll try repairing the game.
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I have the opposite problem. I can't find many plant sims. I've seen one at the park. But they just walked straight by and by time my sim stopped what he was doing and walked over, the plant sim was gone.

My Sim lives in the Foundry Cove neighborhood in Willow Creek and I see non stop plantsims there. Try visiting that neighborhood and stay a while you should see some pop up there as most of the Sims I've chatted with I found there.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am really surprised that it so difficult for some players to run into plant sims. I completed the challenge with one household in 3 sim days and found all the plant sims I needed passing by the house. I would say on average about 4 plant sims walked by the house each day. I do repair my game after every update and keep mods to a minimum, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe it depends on the neighborhood a bit? I was playing in Willow Creek. Come to think of it, I have yet to see a plant sim in San Myshuno.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    I have found all my plantsims at the parks. Yes the game pick random NPC's for the challenge. My butler was one when he was out about the town when my founder was out looking for plantsims. Also some of the friends in their friends list. But when they returned home, the butler was fine and the so where the others. It's a random thing.
    I wish I had the problem where I couldn't find them. I really don't like the event being forced on me. I don't mind the event where you need to call Jasmine to participate. I like having the choice.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    no plantsims to be found anywhere
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I wish I had the problem where I couldn't find them. I really don't like the event being forced on me. I don't mind the event where you need to call Jasmine to participate. I like having the choice.

I agree. I always avoided Jasmine except for the Easter hunt one last year. Trust me, she is everywhere and on every corner when I avoid her :D I remember the egg hunt, maybe participated in another one, just don't remember how many they have had.

They should make it to where they only make them appear if you have went thru Jasmine (and it would trigger them then) :/
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member

I can't find any either! Lol, I found one, said hello and she refused to give me her seed! Bean? Seed sounds horrible in that context lol.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Lol! I found one, got a seed and then gave up. Not because of the challenge, I was just bored in general.
  • YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    I don´t see many of them, too. The first one I recognized was while inviting Sims. I was happy the mother of a played Sim turned to a plantsim. But as soon as invited she turned back, two days later I found the next one. He wanted to say goodby after I talked to him. I have invited him to stay longer and get the first bean. Cooldown. Yeah!
    I want to try get one bean per real day. I would have prefered be able to fullfil the collection from the last two years. I wasn´t playing back then and now there are only to options: the game say I don´t have fulfilled all base game collections or I cheat them
  • KatzcKatzc Posts: 506 Member
    I agree with @charlotteprice and @keekee53-I wished the challenge was when you talked to Jasmine THEN you participated. If they turned random townie sims GREEN I wouldn't mind, but not my families! Dang they look like they've gotten moldy or gangrene!
    Sheesh I would hate to stop playing for 20 days but I might have to. I did not ask for plantsims to invade my game. It is throwing my stories off.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited April 2017
    I am really surprised that it so difficult for some players to run into plant sims. I completed the challenge with one household in 3 sim days and found all the plant sims I needed passing by the house. I would say on average about 4 plant sims walked by the house each day. I do repair my game after every update and keep mods to a minimum, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Maybe it depends on the neighborhood a bit? I was playing in Willow Creek. Come to think of it, I have yet to see a plant sim in San Myshuno.

I had to remove 2 mods, that could have caused a conflict and call Jasmine 3 times before I found a Plantsim in my game. Then I had no trouble finding the Plantsims and asking them for the beans. I didn't have to do anything special to get them. I don't know if the mods were the cause or if they were a coincidence. I have to go back in and test the mods to see if they are the cause. I think the Plantsims only appear in the base game worlds of Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I actually like the challenges, but I do understand what you mean. I have finished the challenge and I no longer want to see all these plant Sim wondering around. I felt the same way when I finished the Day of the Dead Challenge. Even though I do love the challenges, I find them far to easy and can usually finish them in less than two hours. They always seem to fall when I start to get bored with the game or have hit a stale patch. Most of the time they perk my game play right back up.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I really love the challenges. However, because of muy work schedule i hardly get to complete any. I think i only have 3 skills and that was only with my legacy family. I didn't have the opportunity to play my rotational (9 families) at all. I'm hoping to complete this challenge with my legacy family and my gardeners. Also the garden gnome group as my family is a part of that club
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like challenges, whatever people say. Trick is to go to Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, set your Sim to fish, and then scan the area manually. That way you're alert for when a PlantSim jogs by. As soon as you spot one, pause, and set up for a conversation. I went out with two Sims, and each one had a different conversation - first sad, then making that sad guy Flirty (he went playful first)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

I had to remove 2 mods, that could have caused a conflict and call Jasmine 3 times before I found a Plantsim in my game. Then I had no trouble finding the Plantsims and asking them for the beans. I didn't have to do anything special to get them. I don't know if the mods were the cause or if they were a coincidence. I have to go back in and test the mods to see if they are the cause. I think the Plantsims only appear in the base game worlds of Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest.

I tested my game by adding in the two mods that I removed in order to get the Plantsims to appear. The conflicting mod was one that also blocks Vampires. So I'll have to have vampires in order to have plantsims.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    First of all, let me say that I like the Challenges even when they get to be kind of frustrating. I tend to want to get things done fast so I have to remind myself - that's not why it's called a challenge. I have to ask myself "What's the hurry?"

With the current challenge my main Sim was running into Plant Sims all the time. I had him visit parks in the afternoon and nightclubs and other venues at night. The problem was that, even though he knew most of the Plant Sims, they wouldn't cough up the beans right away. It took about three tries talking with a Plant Sim before they finally handed over a bean. I think that I could have completed this Challenge faster if my Sim had taken a couple of vacation days from work to focus on this but he didn't need to.

Now I'm waiting for the Forbidden Fruit tree to become harvestable so he can eat a fruit and turn into a Plant Sim. [Note to Self: Remember to save before he turns into a Plant Sim in case something goes wrong or I don't like it.]

Out of curiosity, I had him go back through the Magic Bean Tree portal to see what would happen. I was hoping he'd get another seed. He came back with six fossils instead which is pretty nice if you have a Sim working on the fossil collection.

I only have two households doing this challenge. I imagine that it would be a lot different if I had several households trying to complete it on time. I'm going to have one of the vampires start this challenge to see how it works with them. It won't be Vlad, poor thing.