Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    ohmyfluck wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Jessica, a fellow redditor told me about this forum and how everyone is nice here. I've been looking for a comfortable Sim community to be around since Reddit and General Discussion forums people can be harsh! I haven't written any stories, yet, I'm so sorry! I hope I don't come off as too strong when I say I hope I can form a bond with this community, I don't have any friends in real life that enjoy the Sims. You can contact me whenever, I'll try to post things on this forum that are story-based, I've never really told anyone my Sim stories and such so I'll be a bit nervous

Hello and welcome! We would love to read what you have written! P.S. I love your username :) How about some tea?

tBhQzJv.jpg

I hope you don't mind a little pug in your tea ^_^
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited April 2017
    @UniquePuggle What is the purpose of the pug in the tea? Does one squeeze it like a lemon in the tea? (JK)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Maladi777: The coarse little pug furs add texture.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Working on episode 9 of season 3 of MURDER VALLEY SIMS!

Wow this season is almost over. Episode 10 is the finale and then on to season 4!

I have big plans. =)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2017
    https://friendsfan36.wordpress.com/2017/04/15/not-aydens-baby

they got bored faster hopefully after this post i can make more sense.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    It's early. I watched the sun come up today. Lovely.

Brunch with a coworker at our favorite place in town. They have the best cinnamon rolls in the world.

Then home. Gaming to follow. Getting so close to new things.

Happy Saturday, friends.
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I've been lurking in the shadows, reading through legacies, studying the guide to SimLit, fangirling over stories ... and now, after roughly 500 years of thinking, I finally found the courage to say it:

Hi.

I'm new and I only recently got into SimLit through accidentally clicking here. I soon felt like a little kid opening a bazillion awesome presents. Why did I not know about this before?
    I'm as bloody a newbie as they come, but I adore writing and would love to start my own stories one day. So far I've only heard (and seen, you know, that lurking in the shadows part...) good things about this community, so I figured I'm gonna post in here and see what happens. I'm only about 70% nervous right now. :smiley:

(I hope my English is not offensively bad. It's not my native tongue, but I really want some practice with it and all of my favorite legacies/stories are written in English. So I'm sticking to English for now. I will try my best to not cause you grammatical eyebleeding.)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    A brief vent before you get today's A2A chapter haha

Not sure how many others have noticed, but I guess since last night there have been some big changes to how you're allowed to post on the forums... and not good ones!

If you try to post more than once within FOUR minutes, you get flagged for spamming and can't post again for TEN minutes (that's why my chapter is being posted late today!). The discussions around here can get so fast paced (and fun!) and boy does this put a damper on things!

And apparently the forums won't let you put links in images anymore... UGHHHHHH

Well, I'm still making my chapter images anyway. But I guess now you have to click on the text instead :( And you get an annoying "Warning: You're leaving the sims forums" page when you do, apparently. This is awful and making me not feel very eager to post around here anymore :joy:

Oh well. Here's today's chapter.

Interlude: Exactly What You Think
    GE567tg.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
    @Asaoyoru Welcome! I used to be a lurker myself. I discovered this place over a year ago. People here and their work inspired me to write my own story. Now I can't go a day without reading someone's story and check how everyone's doing.
    And don't worry, there are more of us for whom English is a second language, my eyes are not bleeding from reading your post (even though my avatar may suggest otherwise). We are happy to have you here, it's great when those lurking days are finally over, isn't it? :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    I've been lurking in the shadows, reading through legacies, studying the guide to SimLit, fangirling over stories ... and now, after roughly 500 years of thinking, I finally found the courage to say it:

Hi.

I'm new and I only recently got into SimLit through accidentally clicking here. I soon felt like a little kid opening a bazillion awesome presents. Why did I not know about this before?
    I'm as bloody a newbie as they come, but I adore writing and would love to start my own stories one day. So far I've only heard (and seen, you know, that lurking in the shadows part...) good things about this community, so I figured I'm gonna post in here and see what happens. I'm only about 70% nervous right now. :smiley:

(I hope my English is not offensively bad. It's not my native tongue, but I really want some practice with it and all of my favorite legacies/stories are written in English. So I'm sticking to English for now. I will try my best to not cause you grammatical eyebleeding.)

Welcome , @Asaoyoru ! That's so cool that you found the courage to say hi! I'm glad to have you here!

How exciting that you're thinking about starting writing ! There's tons of support here, so just be sure to ask if you want help or encouragement with anything !

Don't worry about English not being your first language ! Lots of people here have English as one of their many languages, not their first .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CitizenErased14 Thank you for the info about links in the pictures! I couldn't figure out why my banner wasn't working. Removing the link did the trick.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

Not sure how many others have noticed, but I guess since last night there have been some big changes to how you're allowed to post on the forums... and not good ones!

If you try to post more than once within FOUR minutes, you get flagged for spamming and can't post again for TEN minutes (that's why my chapter is being posted late today!). The discussions around here can get so fast paced (and fun!) and boy does this put a damper on things!

Well, I'm still making my chapter images anyway. But I guess now you have to click on the text instead :( And you get an annoying "Warning: You're leaving the sims forums" page when you do, apparently. This is awful and making me not feel very eager to post around here anymore :joy:

GE567tg.jpg

I did notice the broken linked images and the weird warning on clicking external links . I wonder if there were some trolling things going on and legal concerns about people going to other sites .

I didn't know about the 4 minute limit for posts !

I was hoping it was all a temporary glitch , but I guess not !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    It might be a glitch until Tuesday
    6adMCGP.gif
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    @ohmyfluck hi! Well hello. Everyone is so nice here, so supportive and nice.

Also, I love the username you've chosen, so cheeky.

Sorry if I'm repeating something someone already said. We've got lots of cool threads that you can check out.

There are so many challenges, and most have a thread that explains the rules and those who write stories for the challenges post there.

And the are lots of projects too, like reading circles, and pen pal projects, and book club. There's even a feedback thread if you want to discuss something in a story or potential story with honest and compassionate Simmers.

I was thinking just yesterday how rich of an online experience this forum offers. I assume most of these are linked on the first page of this thread, but I'm not sure.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

GE567tg.jpg

I did notice the broken linked images and the weird warning on clicking external links . I wonder if there were some trolling things going on and legal concerns about people going to other sites .

I didn't know about the 4 minute limit for posts !

I was hoping it was all a temporary glitch , but I guess not !

I'm not sure. I think there are a lot of funky things going on. I assumed it's all maintenance and updates. Maybe give it a few more days to see what happens. I've not had any notices about posting blocks. And I've been posting a lot in one of the threads I'm playing a game in. So, I think they're just working on things.

Right now my signature link isn't working for my sig pic. I know someone else had issues with an avatar. He took it down to replace it but then couldn't find the buttons to do so. Today he has a different avatar. So, I think they're working on it. :) Hopefully, it'll be fixed soon.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • RubeySimRubeySim Posts: 134 Member
    Why oh why did I venture out into the chaos that is easter weekend? :disappointed: Oh well paint is purchased and now I just need peanut butter for my pancakes before I head to the sanctuary that is home.

Once I tape the room I can get back to the business of Sims!! New update to come.

@CitizenErased14 I noticed the warning when you leave the Sims forum but not anything else. That is good to know but not enjoyable having to wait or our links not working in photos :confused: Hopefully it reverses itself soon.
    And hello to you too, @Asaoyoru!

I love it when lurkers become commenters. English is my primary language, my French is abysmal. Your English is lovely, I had no idea you weren't a native speaker. What other language(s) do you speak and/or write?
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    I've been aware about the forum glitches. We're unable to post linked images, which means I'll have to provide text links to my chapters until this is fixed (Yes, you'll get a warning saying that you're leaving the forum). I'll still provide the cover images though!

Also, that 4 minute limit for posting. I didn't know about it!

Anyway, here's today's MISM episode. Devan gets a new roomie!

Season 2 Episode 25: Welcome to San Myshuno, Landon!
    nTpdiZC.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
    Welcome @Asaoyoru ! The simlit community is really awesome! I'm so glad you decided to say hello :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    I realized I'm VERY good at remember triva despite never seeing certain movies
    6adMCGP.gif
    This is so random, but has anyone else noticed what happens when the Home for Two dollhouse gets smashed? I just noticed that the couch always ends up in the pool like the aftermath of some crazy rocker party. Hilarious!
    N7G01pl.png
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Welcome @Asaoyoru!!! We're so glad you stopped by to say hello! The SimLit community is an excellent place to be in! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member

I love it when lurkers become commenters. English is my primary language, my French is abysmal. Your English is lovely, I had no idea you weren't a native speaker. What other language(s) do you speak and/or write?

That's a great relief, since I'm actually studying English and Literature at University, haha. I speak German and French, have about 8 years of Latin under the belt and speak some Japanese and Italian. I'm a huge language geek. :wink:

@CitizenErased14 Your answer to my comment on your story today motivated me to try. :smile: I'm also really glad!

Thanks to all the others who welcomed me so friendly. I feel much less nervous now. For now I have no questions, but when I've written more than my story-prologue I might come back to this. :smile: There are so many wonderful stories to read around here ...
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »

That's a great relief, since I'm actually studying English and Literature at University, haha. I speak German and French, have about 8 years of Latin under the belt and speak some Japanese and Italian. I'm a huge language geek. :wink:

@CitizenErased14 Your answer to my comment on your story today motivated me to try. :smile: I'm also really glad!

Thanks to all the others who welcomed me so friendly. I feel much less nervous now. For now I have no questions, but when I've written more than my story-prologue I might come back to this. :smile: There are so many wonderful stories to read around here ...

welcome asa. i cohost here . i usually get here earlier but since i'm not working this weekend my body decied to sleep in and not tell me.

but now i get to have rice pudding for breakfast. so it worked out.
    Oh @Asaoyoru you're stardust? :blush: I'm so glad you found your way here! And I love that you're a language geek :) I am a Spanish teacher and I love languages in general! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top