Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Jahnna wrote: »
    I'm actually VERY surprised that they are running such a promotion when they clearly don't care about Sims 3 anymore or the people that experience issues on the Sims 3 website.
    I wonder if it's actually a standard scheduled thing like the DDs and Sales are. Trust me, knowing EA something will go wrong with this lol

imho They do care about TS3, the storefront, and all of us fans. Many of them are/were enthusiastic players & content creators, often sharing those personal creations with us all. They invested their time, hearts & souls into not only the game but also the incredible amount of added content and that marvelous storefront to access it all, often for free! That's some love right <3 there! But because all businesses must move forward I believe this 'benign neglect' is more a matter of allocating unavoidably dwindled resources, which always makes for difficult decisions. I'm picturing one overworked EA employee desperately juggling these matters during their lunch break based on their lasting commitment to us all. ;)

As to the MMAO promotion, you may well be right that's its a scheduled event. I did the store thing long ago, and I haven't been consistently active here long enough to have discerned a pattern with it.

You must remember that Sims 3 is years old now and Sims 4 actually came out almost 3 years ago. They have totally lost care for Sims 3 and just try and push people over to Sims 4.
    A huge amount of people have different problems: simpoints not working, no ads showing up, can't send gifts, can't purchase items/simpoints - just to mention a few. More than 5 months ago the Daily Deals and Sales got completely messed, and to this day the Sales page still has not been fixed. To this day, majority of people still have problems with the page and their accounts and EA doesn't do anything of their own back to fix anything. There is a Sims 3 thread on the EA help webpage where people flooded their problems and issues and even had to debate with moderators whether or not those problems were server, account, location or computer related. It took months and months for them to finally get someone to fix peoples problems one by one, after they finally gave in and accepted that most problems were account related and had to be fixed by them. (Yes EA, take your location/server/browser claims up your A!)
    So far they have only fixed very severe issues to keep the site running because they still get the bling bling $$ from people buying simpoints. I had to comment in this above mentioned help webpage to get my MMAO working again but I still stopped receiving emails when I was gifted something, I have never received a notification or message on the sims 3 page itself when I was gifted, me and other people had to directly contant EA when simpoints stopped being paid out over weeks a few months ago.
    You see, there are loads of problems but EA does as little as possible and they maybe occasionally assign 1 or 2 people to fix a few issues here and there when people start rising up against them. 95% of the time they deny that there are actually problems and if they give advise its plum basic advise like, log out and back in again, clean your internet cache, reinstall Origin, etc. It's all PLUM-PLUM.
    And currently there are problems with the The Studio and many people not being able to upload anything to the Exchange. Has it been fixed? Well, for some... maybe.

EA even said themselves before Sims 4 was released, that they'd stop making more Sims games if Sims 4 turned out to be a flop so it only makes sense that they desperately try and push people to Sims 4. Talk about having no trust in your own work. :no_mouth:

I admire your sustained passion for this game. You wouldn't be complaining to EA if you didn't care! TS3 is my favorite in this series and I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping for an upgraded 3 in a TS5. <3

Those malfunctioning features have been a source of frustration since the beginning and I'm sorry to see that you & others are still experiencing these things. Been there & done that myself. So I do understand the reaction towards EA's lackluster responsiveness to your valid issues. And the support is worsened now because TS3 is simply winding down as they've shifted their limited resources to other areas. Agreed, its not exactly an overly graceful exit for a once wildly popular series that remains impressively active to this day.

For me, I think I had a darn good ride while it lasted and surely got my money's worth. Still do. And I can't easily forget that value, nor their efforts to maintain the perk features that they can still accommodate, like the bonus points program. To an older gamer like myself, I find it exceedingly unusual that a game company would ever enable users to acquire so much content for cheap/free. Yes, they get some profit from those advertisers and I'm sure the store continues to be a positive cash flow. Reduced, but still blinging it in :s Its a complete win-win for us users and they didn't *have* to offer us that at all. No, I'm not trying to be EA's unofficial apologist. I simply find it difficult to dismiss all of the positive things en masse based on some bumpy stretches of that long journey's road. That's just me and how I tend to view things.
    :star: Opportunity Alert!
    This might be a really good time to try for any Gold Worlds, non-DD Sets, and exclusives!

@Dusty_Boots when did this start? I did MMAO a couple of hours ago and didn't have that option~ is that a current deal, or is there a way to find out what dates it is?

The ad states that the promotion is running during this coming weekend and ends Sunday night at midnight. It doesn't state clearly when it begins but I'd guess Friday at midnight? All local times I'd suppose. I've seen them run similar promotions before but I don't clearly recall those details. Maybe someone that's sharper than me :# will share the information.

And now, seeing as how my other half has students this evening so I'm flying solo, I'm off for some yummy dinner I've been cooking all day & a double-header movie night on my couch with my most favorite blanket. And two warm cuddly cats. yay for the little things that make us happy! ;)

Thanks you @Dusty_Boots ! I see the ad now, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for some sweet deals this weekend. :)

Enjoy your date night, and your kitties!

Thank you! Yep, my cats & I enjoyed a scrumptious meal and a lovely movie/cuddle night. Which would be extremely pathetic if I hadn't *meant* to do it :D . I opted for The Great Escape, I enjoy those corny old panavision mono-sound 'classic' films. That was followed by Hacksaw Ridge, which friends recommended and I just now got around to watching. Slow-ish start with building a background but a worthy watch if you enjoy such topics.
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @Dusty_Boots Lol yes, it's tiresome as heck! It is disappointing when I miss out on a Daily Deal item that's at its cheapest, so I gotta wait 'til next rotation to snag. *stares in sadness at Futureshock Kitchen because had I got on the site a few minutes sooner, it would've been mine for 90 simpoints* Guess I gotta wait 'til next time :lol:

How about now for the upcoming DD sale # 333? (check your store gift box)
    Estimated CYS for Free: 211
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Hi, am new in TS3 :wink:

Here's my top 5:
    1. Stones Throw Greenhouse
    2. Afternoon Jacket
    3. India Inspiration- Traditional Summer Sari
    4. Lucky Palms
    5. Al Fresco Street Market

cannot post links yet :/
    Happy simming! :blush:
  • PolarPhantomPolarPhantom Posts: 64 Member
    Updated my top five since I haven't been on the forums recently, life has been busy. My updated top five can be found here.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @Dusty_Boots Lol yes, it's tiresome as heck! It is disappointing when I miss out on a Daily Deal item that's at its cheapest, so I gotta wait 'til next rotation to snag. *stares in sadness at Futureshock Kitchen because had I got on the site a few minutes sooner, it would've been mine for 90 simpoints* Guess I gotta wait 'til next time :lol:

How about now for the upcoming DD sale # 333? (check your store gift box)
    Estimated CYS for Free: 211

@Dusty_Boots Omg thank you so much! <3 That's very generous of you!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    I'm with @Dusty_Boots as far as the longevity of TS3's value for us older gamers. But at the same time, I still hold EA accountable for glitches that were NEVER fixed before the game was retired. I get that they never expected us to actually want ALL of the EPs and SPs to run side by side smoothly. They thought we'd pick and choose a few, and the base engine was designed for that. But I'm hoping they learned from that for TS4 and any possible future iterations.

As for the current support for the store, I've mentioned before that the fact that they migrated it to the new servers is still a good sign that it won't be retired too soon. But, again, as long as they are actively selling SimPoints they should be actively keeping the store stable and accessible. It isn't like it is only a legacy resource at this point. If the only way to get points was the free ads, then I would feel differently. But they are getting real money and so should be providing real support. Not just a couple dedicated employees on their lunch breaks.

And I still think it was comments like these over on that other thread mentioned by @Jahnna that got me booted to the bottom of the priority list of accounts to be fixed. I wasn't shy with my opinions over there, but I did try to be balanced and fair.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @LadyMarmelade01 if you mean the Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair from the Bohemian Garden, then I agree. I also love the gazebo from that set. I have a copy of the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty in Sunlit Tides where I have an Infinite Zen Massage Table set up under the Gazebo on the beach front. I was a massage therapist and I would kill to live and work there!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @LadyMarmelade01 if you mean the Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair from the Bohemian Garden, then I agree. I also love the gazebo from that set. I have a copy of the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty in Sunlit Tides where I have an Infinite Zen Massage Table set up under the Gazebo on the beach front. I was a massage therapist and I would kill to live and work there!

Yes, I mean that chair :) Oh my good that is an amazing idea. I´ll copy that once I have the whole set ;)

My contribution to the Sims 3 discussion:
    I have been a livelong Sims player (since the Sims 2 when I was probably 10 years old back then). My sister and I went then on to buy a few of the Sims 3 copy's. But because back then none of us had internet on our computers we of course never discovered about the Store. I actually discovered the Store finally in 2015 ;) At that time Sims 4 was already out (I believe). Honestly it never occurred to me to buy actual Sims Points because when I discovered store I also found the free bonus ads. Everything I own now of the store I bought with SP from Bonus Ads (or of course was gifted ;) ). This is amazing and I don´t want anybody to think I take something like that for granted! I can´t thank EA enough for the possibility of gaining SP free. And I will eternally be glad for that.

But it would be nice to get an actual answer of EA concerning the Sales page. I would rather have a true answer that they wont fix it because of complexity or whatsoever than feeding us with hopes of fixing it sometime and never making it true. :(
    I don´t think that EA abandoned the Sims 3 store completely because when I asked they fixed my login and MMAO issues :)

And thanks @Dusty_Boots for the tips on re-installing. Done that yesterday. So far I worked out well, but I´m not finished yet.
    Post edited by LadyMarmelade01 on
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    My contribution:

I am a longtime Sims player~ I picked up TS2 when I was 14 or thereabouts (I'm more than double that now) and, because we had a Mac, I could only play it at my best friend's house. I bought TS3 when it came out and I used to buy Simpoints when I wanted things because the free simpoint ads were only available in the US back then... to this day, only 1/3 of the ads I click on actually work, but I'm not complaining (because, hey, free stuff!).

I'd love to see the sale page updated, but it's been that way for a few years now and I don't see it changing. Just like the store page for the Poet's Muse dress (which I love, but only comes with the Cinema Plumbob set)- it's been broken for at least 3 years.

And yes, that hanging chair is gorgeous :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
    My contribution:

I am a longtime Sims player~ I picked up TS2 when I was 14 or thereabouts (I'm more than double that now) and, because we had a Mac, I could only play it at my best friend's house. I bought TS3 when it came out and I used to buy Simpoints when I wanted things because the free simpoint ads were only available in the US back then... to this day, only 1/3 of the ads I click on actually work, but I'm not complaining (because, hey, free stuff!).

I'd love to see the sale page updated, but it's been that way for a few years now and I don't see it changing. Just like the store page for the Poet's Muse dress (which I love, but only comes with the Cinema Plumbob set)- it's been broken for at least 3 years.

And yes, that hanging chair is gorgeous :)

I don't know that I would call that dress "broken." I suspect it is an item that they simply decided not to make available individually anymore. To my knowledge, other than the Barrier to Entry System and the Large As Life Movie Screen (which is anything but) none of the individual components in Le Cinema Plumbob are available individually. There is a distinction between 'broken' and 'no longer available,' no matter how sad the results make us feel. They made these changes with several items over the years. The dragons from Dragon Valley come to mind, even though that predates my time really shopping the store.

My point being that they aren't going to 'fix' what they don't consider 'broken.' They aren't going to undo that decision anymore than the decision about the dragons.

That all being said, I am sorry that you want that dress so badly and the only way to get it is to buy an entire set that clearly you have no interest in.

Sidenote: It's funny, because my husband and I had a dual system household (his Mac and my PC) I often forget that there was a year between PC and Mac release dates. We would simply take turns playing on the PC until the Mac release when we could play side by side and share EP and SP discs, which always supported both systems.
    aka Jude

My Studio

imho - The wonky game & storefront features are a classic case of overreach. Magnificent potential, but they didn't all work out so well. Yeah, they aimed a little too high and discovered that design and delivery are two very different animals. When conceptual expectations of features meet the wall of real world implementation its often a bitter reality for both designers and players. The shortcomings are often caused by a commitment gap between the designers (love 'em!) and the Overlords of Risk Aversion's budget dept. (boo & hiss!).

But I do agree that EA has an obligation here and they could at least give the appearance of trying to meet it. The game was, in part, hyped & sold based on some of those very features that they're now abandoning. Their silence and inaction on such matters isn't long-term prudent for a series such as The Sims, which is not a one-off cash-grab kinda title. Future sales are heavily dependent on a satisfied installed user-base. The disclaimers of 'online interactions not guaranteed' or 'features subject to change/availability' has become a standard part of end-user agreements for good reasons... good for them but not for us players. It provides legal cover when they can't/don't deliver.

:p Bah, enough of this topic for me. You can argue with a brick (an EA accountant) but that won't get dinner cooked. (huh?) Which is what I'm *supposed* to be doing. Chicken Florentine!

What about this approach? Yes, its truly convoluted, but the total cost is nice for that amount of content.

From LadybugLeslie's Cascades thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/809797/cascades-daily-deals-getting-the-best-bang-for-your-sp/p1
    March 2013 Compilation (sp varies)
    - Barrier to Entry (often on the sale page)
    - Larger than Life movie screen (often on the sale page)
    - DD# 908: Flowered Crown (60 sp)
    - DD# 215: Doric Column Fence (12 sp)
    - DD# 358: Ancient Mosaic Rug (13 sp)
    - DD# 368: Doric Column Gate (9 sp)
    - DD# 477: Ancient Warriors (9 sp)
    - DD# 784: Live, Laugh, Love (468 sp)
    - At this point you should be able to complete the March 2013 compilation for 220 sp! This is a much cheaper way to acquire Le Cinema Plumbob, which is currently priced at 2080 sp. Your total spend on this cascade will be somewhere in the range of 1000 sp depending on the sales prices for the premium content. Roughly half-off and you get Live, Laugh, Love to boot! LLL has one item in the Monarch Suite too.
    You know, @Dusty_Boots, I was thinking of that compilation, but hadn't actually looked at it. The truth is the dress price was probably 75 SP, so 220 total wouldn't be that bad. Actually I believe that's the route I took. BUT, unfortunately, neither the Barrier to Entry nor the Screen is on the what is now effectively permanent sale page. So, @lauravonawesome, maybe add those two items to your wishlist and go from there? (or one item, Hint, hint)
    aka Jude

My Studio

You know, @Dusty_Boots, I was thinking of that compilation, but hadn't actually looked at it. The truth is the dress price was probably 75 SP, so 220 total wouldn't be that bad. Actually I believe that's the route I took. BUT, unfortunately, neither the Barrier to Entry nor the Screen is on the what is now effectively permanent sale page. So, @lauravonawesome, maybe add those two items to your wishlist and go from there? (or one item, Hint, hint)

@Jude525 Just logged in and saw the movie screen in my store account~ thank you, and many hugs to you :)

Will add a few other items from that set and see if I can score some on DD too.

I do find it odd that I can view every other item from that set except that one dress though~ what I meant was that the page itself is broken, since all I see when I visit it is the baby in the dishwasher (seriously, who comes up with these things?) and error 404. I can view literally every other item in that set lol.

Thanks again!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

Also @Nomiko13 Futureshock Kitchen is going on the DD in about 4 minutes... maybe someone already gifted it to you, but (if not) maybe you can catch it this time.

edited April 2017

@Jude525 Just logged in and saw the movie screen in my store account~ thank you, and many hugs to you :)

I do find it odd that I can view every other item from that set except that one dress though~ what I meant was that the page itself is broken, since all I see when I visit it is the baby in the dishwasher (seriously, who comes up with these things?) and error 404. I can view literally every other item in that set lol.

Thanks again!

You can get to individual item pages? Wow. I can't do that with any of them. There are no links from the pop up windows on the set page and no results when I do a search for any of those items. See, you are actually ahead of me on that. Do you have prices on the other items?

aka Jude

My Studio

Thanks again!

You can get to individual item pages? Wow. I can't do that with any of them. There are no links from the pop up windows on the set page and no results when I do a search for any of those items. See, you are actually ahead of me on that. Do you have prices on the other items?

Ah, I see why... I was accessing them from the March 2013 page, not the Le Cinema Plumbob set page. And the items I was able to click on were from the Live, laugh, Love half of the set. Didn't think of that~ oops. O_o

Thanks again for the present too :)

@lauravonawesome I just snagged Futureshock Kitchen for free in the Daily Deals! <3 Thank you @Dusty_Boots again!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 you seem to be doing pretty well these past few weeks. Good for you!
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Nomiko13 you seem to be doing pretty well these past few weeks. Good for you!

@Jude525 Thank you! :)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    As opposed to me, who's missed I think maybe 6 items now in the same time. However, with the magic of MMAO (which is wonderfully back) I was able to get pieces from the same sets and reduce my CYS to what I had planned or lower. Especially for Fifth Avenue Fashions, which I am only waiting for one more item to come up on May 17 before buying for about 800 SP. Unless more items pop up in MMAO before then. My master sheet shows when a MMAO purchase has saved me points overall and so far I am ahead. But I need the system to let me "buy" The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft Sunday so that I officially own it and it stops trying to sell me pieces in the MMAO.

I have access to the set, but it doesn't acknowledge that I own the components. On the set page it shows that I only own 22%, and there are only a few items with orange check boxes. But I have no price or CYS and have a download button that lets me download the compete set. If I go into any of the items without the checkbox it shows a price and I can't download it. I have the same problem with the Surf's Up Sun and Fun Collection. I think it let me download the set because I got the Surf’s Up Sun & Fun Wave Station with Sandy Shoals, but it says I only own 18% of that one.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad to have them, but it makes getting usable deals out of the machine difficult. It's like the way it offers Gold worlds if you only own the standard ones, even if you own the premium content separately. Given that it works this way I don't know how anyone gets to the "You own the store" message unless they've bought everything the hard way. I was hoping to get access to some exclusive items and see if I wanted them. Or get some items that I wasn't otherwise interested in at low enough prices to change my mind. I've nabbed a few items this way, but those Coffee Bean items keep getting in the way. *sigh*
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Ah, some vivid chatting going on, that's nice to see.
    I turned silent suddenly because one of our dogs fell ill on Thursday and when I called the Vets they asked me to take her straight down, squeezing me into a slot 15 minutes from when I called. They suspected she got Pyometra, a serious and life threatening infection that most of the time requires immediate emergency surgery. However, she was still ok, except for some unpleasant, unusual 'flowing' from the back end (often the only sign/symptom of that infection). But because she was still ok, they agreed to give her two injections first to see how she will do but to be prepared for potential emergency surgery or death. The two injections just completely sucked the life out of her for the rest of Thursday, she was like a ghost in a shell, a soulless body.
    But ever since Friday morning she has been doing well and improved and we are heavily keeping the fingers crossed that she just got another type of infection like urinary tract infection. Either way, she will get spayed/neutered in the end, her very first surgery. :sweat:
    Next vet appointment is in 10 1/2 hours to check up on her. They had to squeeze us in again because of the Easter Holidays, they are only open for 3 hours today and then closed for the next 2 days. Talk about bad timing, doggy. :astonished:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna

@Jude525 I had to choose between ruining dinner or making a sensible post, dinner won :D . I totally left out my plot to help overcome the the Cinema's premium items likely not returning to the weekly sales page any time in this century. You even beat me to my muahaha plans. My turn!

@lauravonawesome And now you have the Barrier To Entry System. That takes care of the premium items from the Le Cinema Plumbob venue.

moving along... Using Elianahere's calculator, the Live, Love, Laugh set needs to be about 1100 CYS to get it free on the upcoming DD sale # 345 or # 784 (identical discounts) as far as my iffy math skills show me :p . There's not much time until sale # 345 however there's plenty of time to knock down that CYS before sale # 784. Then it should be fairly inexpensive to pick up the entire March 2013 compilation.
    @lauravonawesome I just snagged Futureshock Kitchen for free in the Daily Deals! <3 Thank you @Dusty_Boots again!

You're completely welcome! I love it when all the crazy planning finally pays off B)