Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited April 2017
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Can you add a porch? Can you add a foundation?
    @SyddyB206 - you can raise the existing foundation, but you can't add to the existing foundation.

So no deck attached to the house unless it is within the footprint? Hmm, that'll be a challenge.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    There are so many entries! I enjoyed looking at all of them.

@gmcrozier I love the stone façade, pillars, and geometic shapes in the yard! And the patio chairs! ;)

@golden_glow It may seem it's just a little thing, but I really like the landscaping around the mailbox! I'm in love with the sandbox.

@FaithofKaela That fountain and changing table! They look great! The rooftop play area looks wonderful, too!

@onehummingbird I love the wave shape of the building! The fountain merged with the pool looks like it belongs in a magazine!

@nicolethebowl I love the listening area you included with the piano! Very thoughtful detail! The toddler room is so serene!

@SyddyB206 I love the gray of the living room--the prints work so well! I love the plants included in the master bedroom! You've really incorporated the Vintage Glamour pack items really well!

@masajo The black included around the windows and framing the shape of the building really bring out the architecture! The red color adds so much to the space!

@JasonAnthonySterling I love the fence-as-pergola and the cabinets used around the top of the home! And, as already mentioned, the art! And the salt and pepper shakers made giant!

@glen1974 I love the tall stone column and two story living space! The nooks for the landscaping and artist's easel make the exterior so interesting!

@StSciurus Oh, those angles! The second story projection for the piano looks great with the windows! I love the rug in the master bedroom (yes-there is so much to love but for some reason, the rug just really stands out to me)!

@popettypop2012 I love the fountain and pool when you're first entering the house! The modern paneling looks great on the exterior and I love the plastered over brick choice for the interior! The views!

@Rostri-Jodu The pool around the house with the lower level windows is beautiful! The meditation space with the gravel, incense, and fountain right next to the piano is a very thoughtful! The fire alarm on the black and white print makes it look like the Deathstar to me--which is pretty awesome in my view--along with so many other interesting details!

@Wildling I love the divider at the entrance and how you continued using it throughout! Great planter! I love how you arranged the butterflies in the toddler room to continue into an S shape!

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @withlovejulien this is so lovely of you to comment on all the entries, thank you very much for your kind words on mine :) I love the unique pathway design at the front of your build, the large windows really open the house up and let in lots of light and the water wall at the rear is a beautiful feature :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    @withlovejulien Thank you for your comment. I also thought there were so many creative ideas in this challenge and I'm hoping to use some of the in future builds.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @Ainsleyf I really like how you chose to use the single spa windows instead of the two-wide windows on the front of the house. The art above the fireplace is perfect! Actually, all of the art is great! It looks great at night and during the day!

@FoundMarbles The pool area is so pretty with the stone walls! The white flooring looks great! Your nanny is going to love living there!

@undressyourbones I love the floppy hat! Oh wait, I'm looking at the house and shouldn't be distracted by the adorable Sim! The first floor being entire open is lovely! I like how you found room for the piano under the stairs.

@folala Such a unique shape! Really neat how you included the spherical fountain in the pool and made the fireplace!

• onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @withlovejulien thank you for the kind words! :love:

@BuildnShare to echo some of the questions above, does porch and roof area have to be within the footprint as well?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @withlovejulien Thank-you! This challenge really brought out the creativity in a lot of people. That's the great thing about BnS!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

@Rostri-Jodu : Amazing build the water around the understated exterior is great. The complexity inside was a real surprise. I loved the water reflections inside that seemed to tie in with the exterior and finally, I loved how you used the wall clocks and lights on the wall decals. BEAUTIFUL!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

:'( #BnS67 - Footprints In The Sand : Slipshod Mesquite?? I can find no lot of that name in Oasis Springs? :'( I can't seem to get the download thing happening either? :/
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Can you add a porch? Can you add a foundation?
    @SyddyB206 - you can raise the existing foundation, but you can't add to the existing foundation.

So no deck attached to the house unless it is within the footprint? Hmm, that'll be a challenge.
    That's correct, and yes, a challenge indeed ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @withlovejulien - thank you so much for the kind words on my build and for taking the time to comment on everyone's builds! Your build is fantastic, I really love that entry way!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @withlovejulien thank you! :D
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited April 2017
    So you can't add an additional patio, porch or decking off the original footbrint by using the foundation tool @BuildnShare but can you make one using terrain paint? I feel like I'm being sneaky and finding a loop hole. Lol

I was almost done with the house even the interior and was going to work on the outside areas of the footprint but I did add additional flooring off the back with a roof type thing. So I'll be starting again lol :D I should read better my fault!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited April 2017
    @BuildnShare to echo some of the questions above, does porch and roof area have to be within the footprint as well?
    ALL roofing and ANYTHING attached to the main build HAS to be within the footprint.
    :'( #BnS67 - Footprints In The Sand : Slipshod Mesquite?? I can find no lot of that name in Oasis Springs? :'( I can't seem to get the download thing happening either? :/
    It's where Johnny Zest lives in Oasis Springs, here's a screenshot for you.
    3CwwKGm.png
    If you go in game and go to your gallery, search for rooms and then using the hastag search, search BnS67, you should find it, download it and then add it to your game that way. If all else fails you can make the footprint yourself using this gridded view.
    taMkZ8g.png

lisa17ann wrote: »
    So you can't add an additional patio, porch or decking off the original footbrint by using the foundation tool @BuildnShare but can you make one using terrain paint? I feel like I'm being sneaky and finding a loop hole. Lol

I was almost done with the house even the interior and was going to work on the outside areas of the footprint but I did add additional flooring off the back with a roof type thing. So I'll be starting again lol :D I should read better my fault!
    NO additional foundation can be added, but of course any landscaping you do with terrain paints, or even flooring (as long as it's not on a foundation), is fine ;) And we're all for loop holes, that's where creativity shines!

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare thanks for clarifying! You know how, by default, a gabled roof hangs over each edge by half a square? That's not going to be counted against us, right?

@BuildnShare :p Here's a laugh! Footprint has finally shown up in my gallery! Just as I was about to recreate it from the pic above. Also, DUMBME, I was looking only at vacant lots! Now I know I need to use the occupied! Thanks for the info, I'm good to go, now. :D
    @BuildnShare thanks for clarifying! You know how, by default, a gabled roof hangs over each edge by half a square? That's not going to be counted against us, right?
    No, that's fine!
    @BuildnShare :p Here's a laugh! Footprint has finally shown up in my gallery! Just as I was about to recreate it from the pic above. Also, DUMBME, I was looking only at vacant lots! Now I know I need to use the occupied! Thanks for the info, I'm good to go, now. :D
    Glad you got everything sorted.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    Omg yes, don't have a computer right now, but I will on the 22. I can partake in this challenge so happy! :D
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    Omg yes, don't have a computer right now, but I will on the 22. I can partake in this challenge so happy! :D
    Yay @undressyourbones, can't wait to see what you come up with :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member
    @withlovejulien wow, thank you so much for your comment! I love your build and think our builds would look really great placed side by side!
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS TO #66 - SOMEWHERE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare - if we want to create a walkout basement, are we able to? I know it uses walls, but you can delete the "foundation" portion of it. Is this allowed?
    @BuildnShare could you explain "A well specced kitchen" in more detail, please? Is this referring to the layout, or the appliances, or something different?
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited April 2017
    @BuildnShare LOL- I have a question as well! Do the stairs up to a porch or patio have to fit within the outline?
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Haha @onehummingbird I wondered that as well, I took it mean the kitchen would have all the Mod cons. Like not basic? :D nice appliance i.e. Dishwasher, microwave, Coffee or tea, knife set, etc... but, I could be wrong ;) my husband did agree with me though so that confirmed it for me lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top