Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really.. Temporary plantsims?

Who's idea was this? As an occult lover this makes me so mad. Why do we get temporary plantsims? I get we can still make them after the event, but even then they only stay plant sims 5 days and they are literally just green sims who need water and sun.

The groundwork is already laid out, Im FINE with the way they look, although id rather have leafy textures. Please just make them a fully fleshed out life style. Plant sims were always one of the most basic life states.

All we need are a couple of hairs and clothes designed specifically for plant sims, these cas items will be made of leaves etc. Give us the option to change our hair style, I dont care if its always green but I want other hair styles.

Option to make in cas

Genetics please! Make it a permanent life state unless you cure it. The ways to become a plant sim are the fruit, spraying for insects too much or evolving tons of plants, or the icecream if you have cool kitchen. Make the life state pass onto children!

I'm fine with not being able to get pregnant like sims 3. Give us the ability to reproduce asexually and spawn a toddler where we stand. (in sims 2 plant sims started as toddlers and then skipped child and teen ages straight to adults) either one works

Give us a couple of unique powers like a poison kiss that knocks someone out, give us a pollen spray where we blow pollen into another sims face and change their mood, ability to absorb puddles and turn into a plant to sleep.

Of course some unique social interactions like "discuss plants" "discuss eco friendly alternatives" "compliment leaves" etc.

The plant sim is a super basic life state, come on :(
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Comments

• HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Who's idea was this? As an occult lover this makes me so mad. Why do we get temporary plantsims? I get we can still make them after the event, but even then they only stay plant sims 5 days and they are literally just green sims who need water and sun.

The groundwork is already laid out, Im FINE with the way they look, although id rather have leafy textures. Please just make them a fully fleshed out life style. Plant sims were always one of the most basic life states.

All we need are a couple of hairs and clothes designed specifically for plant sims, these cas items will be made of leaves etc. Give us the option to change our hair style, I dont care if its always green but I want other hair styles.

Option to make in cas

Genetics please! Make it a permanent life state unless you cure it. The ways to become a plant sim are the fruit, spraying for insects too much or evolving tons of plants, or the icecream if you have cool kitchen. Make the life state pass onto children!

I'm fine with not being able to get pregnant like sims 3. Give us the ability to reproduce asexually and spawn a toddler where we stand. (in sims 2 plant sims started as toddlers and then skipped child and teen ages straight to adults) either one works

Give us a couple of unique powers like a poison kiss that knocks someone out, give us a pollen spray where we blow pollen into another sims face and change their mood, ability to absorb puddles and turn into a plant to sleep.

Of course some unique social interactions like "discuss plants" "discuss eco friendly alternatives" "compliment leaves" etc.

The plant sim is a super basic life state, come on :(

I agree 100%
    Plant sims were strangely my favourite life state in TS2 and these things are just...bad. But like you said the groundwork is there and I hope they work with it and add in proper plant sims
  • kaleidoscopicdollkaleidoscopicdoll Posts: 38 Member
    Honestly I get kind of frustrated with all the people who are unhappy with whatever EA does - but this makes perfect sense to me and I agree.
    I didn't play much with PlantSims in TS2 and didn't get too attached, but if they had brought back temporary aliens or vampires I'd be really bummed out. It's kind of unfair, exciting people by bringing back a life state that people loved, but only as a temporary state devoid of the features they had before. Maybe in a future patch they can flesh this out a bit and really bring PlantSims back.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I agree too... I've enjoyed Plantsims ever since TS2 and am super disappointed how they've been handled as temporary states in the Cool Kitchen SP and now this Spring Challenge. I hope they flesh them out and make them a permanent state in the future.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2017
    Quote from the blog
    Don't worry, if you're enjoying the PlantSim life you'll be able to keep the tree after the challenge ends, and continue transforming in to a PlantSim!
    https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-plant-sim-challenge

Also

I wouldn't expect a fully fleshed-out life state.... for a FREE event. If you want PlantSims on par with Vampires, you better be ready to pay for them.

Has anyone thought they might actually be using this Spring Challenge to vet the idea of PlantSims and gauge the community's interest in having them as a real life state? Testing the waters, so to speak. In the past, PlantSims had mixed reviews. It stands to reason they might be hesitant to spend the time and resources to bring them fully to life if no one is going to appreciate them.

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

I wouldn't expect a fully fleshed-out life state.... for a FREE event. If you want PlantSims on par with Vampires, you better be ready to pay for them.

Has anyone thought they might actually be using this Spring Challenge to vet the idea of PlantSims and gauge the community's interest in having them as a real life state? Testing the waters, so to speak. In the past, PlantSims had mixed reviews. It stands to reason they might be hesitant to spend the time and resources to bring them fully to life if no one is going to appreciate them.

Thank you, CLP. At least we know the Guru's are open to the idea of expanding them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

edited April 2017
    You know someone on twitter mentioned that plantsims could mean Seasons is coming soon.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I think the Answers are pretty obvious:

On all the groups I follow on Facebook, people on Twitter etc. nearly all the comments are "I never explored Plantsims before, but I'll have to give this a try!" etc.

PlantSims are the life states that I barely hear about myself, and I have also never played them. Very few people talk about them.

My guess is;

- They know people don't play them, so they aren't worth their own pack, or aren't worth being a selling point for an EP.
    - They are trying to test the community, to see if they want to expand PlantSims. They may look at how many people bother about PlantSims after the challenge is over.
    - This is just for something to do, and a proper PlantSim will be featured later. We already had a first tease with Cool Kitchen.

But I don't think its:

Everyone wants PlantSims, so let's make them free, get no profit from them, and make them temporarily.
    jackjack_k wrote: »

On all the groups I follow on Facebook, people on Twitter etc. nearly all the comments are "I never explored Plantsims before, but I'll have to give this a try!" etc.

PlantSims are the life states that I barely hear about myself, and I have also never played them. Very few people talk about them.

My guess is;

- They know people don't play them, so they aren't worth their own pack, or aren't worth being a selling point for an EP.
    - They are trying to test the community, to see if they want to expand PlantSims. They may look at how many people bother about PlantSims after the challenge is over.
    - This is just for something to do, and a proper PlantSim will be featured later. We already had a first tease with Cool Kitchen.

But I don't think its:

Everyone wants PlantSims, so let's make them free, get no profit from them, and make them temporarily.

They could expand on plant sims in Seasons.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member

I would LOVE to pay for them if they were on par with at least aliens. They could add so much to them to make it worth it...these temporary plantsims don't even feel like plantsims. I just want more occults :cry:
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • K1234554321K1234554321 Posts: 95 Member
    I don't know if my sim was supposed to happened like this but, my sim was pregnant when she ate the fruit and now she's a pregnant simplant... I wandering how it'll effect the baby jahngz.png
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I got so excited when I saw the update, then spent all day trying to get the beans and am honestly a little disappointed. I've only played with Plant sims in sims 3 and had fun with that, and they didn't even need the leafy textures (would've been nice though.) I really, really hope they flesh them out in the future. (also the cynnic in me feels like this is a clever marketing ploy, but whatever I will buy the seasons/ whatever pack.)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    When I saw the headline "Plant sims are here!" I got really excited. Then I read the blog and patch notes and was really disappointed.
    Hopefully they will implement them in the future and as OP says, add proper CAS for them and special interactions. I basically love all the OP ideas.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Quote from the blog
    Don't worry, if you're enjoying the PlantSim life you'll be able to keep the tree after the challenge ends, and continue transforming in to a PlantSim!
    https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-plant-sim-challenge

Also

By temporary I mean that they only stay a plantsim for 5 days, super lame.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

My guess is;

But I don't think its:

I'd like to believe they're testing the waters.. I could live with plant sims as they are if they were at the very least a permanent life state and genetic, modders and cc creators could do the rest, there's already a plantsim hair from sims 2 for sims 4.

I really hope modders come through with plant sims.
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    It's a let down, but then again, I could say this about the whole Sims 4 game.

It is very half 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And honestly, whoever the creators of this game are, cannot possibly be the same as the creators of the first 3 games, can they?

There is simply not the same spirit, creativity, and effort in 4, that the other 3 games possessed, that's just fact.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    blowing pollen into people's faces might be kind of inappropriate if you think about what the human counterpart to pollen is! :D
    @CyrusTheLoser Then why don't you make it so that, if a Genius Sim (who knows exactly what it is) gets pollen in their face they can only get uncomfortable? :D

By the way....
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited April 2017
    Imagine they did the temporary toddlers before the toddler patch, the whole world would flip! LOL
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2017
    It's a let down, but then again, I could say this about the whole Sims 4 game.

It is very half plum. And honestly, whoever the creators of this game are, cannot possibly be the same as the creators of the first 3 games, can they?

There is simply not the same spirit, creativity, and effort in 4, that the other 3 games possessed, that's just fact.

SimGuruLyndsay has been here since The Sims 1, who is incharge of 4.

I mean, I literally say the same about The Sims 3. There's more depth in the $20 Vampire gamepack, than there was in the $80 Expansions for Sims 3 Vampires.

And you call it a "fact" when The Sims 4 is on it's way to being the best selling version since the original. So...your "fact" is just an unpopular opinion.

Simmers have already collected over 100 million beans for the challenge and we are at Day 1.
    Millions play this game.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I really hope modders come through with plant sims.
    I know not of what you speak. o:)

XQHZOoA.png
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Honestly I get kind of frustrated with all the people who are unhappy with whatever EA does - but this makes perfect sense to me and I agree.

It's almost tradition to hate everything EA does. The same people who whine, cry, and throw tantrums over content end up buying the packs a few days later, anyway, because it's how they work. Half the people praising the Sims 4 are the same people that trashed it on release.
    I didn't play much with PlantSims in TS2 and didn't get too attached, but if they had brought back temporary aliens or vampires I'd be really bummed out. It's kind of unfair, exciting people by bringing back a life state that people loved, but only as a temporary state devoid of the features they had before. Maybe in a future patch they can flesh this out a bit and really bring PlantSims back.

I have a feeling that they're using this as a test for how popular PlantSims could be. Remember, it's a FREE update. You cnanot expect them to be like Vampires. You're going to have to pay for that.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well i am happy that its temprary since i do not play plantsims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(