Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Style B" has won the art style vote!

Comments

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    That really is going to be a new form of torture! But it'll be hard to displace that hanging herb rack as my #1 choice.

Yep, I was eyeing that too
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    That's it! I ain't getting this pack anymore!!!
    Table-Flip-Guy.jpg

I probably will but with tears in eyes as I type in my debit card number. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    Oh yay my choice won! Looking forward to seeing how this plays out and what objects win!

Although what if everyone votes for just accessories in the pack and no clothes? If the accessories are the most popular you won't make just that as CAS assets. So maybe you should do like you get to choose your top 4 from each category of CAS to make it more balanced?
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    So we have to ask ourselves, do we ONLY want laundry (nearly every version of it) - or do we want a simpler version of laundry AND maybe something else?

That's not to say, we couldn't have cheaper washer/dryers and more expensive ones. I suppose that would just be a design change and more expensive machines would break less often and be more eco-friendly. But side loaders would free up animation for something else. If that was the case, how would you choose? Laundry all the way, or maybe simpler side loading machines freeing up more animation for another featured game play object?
    I'm not completely aboard the Laundry Train, but, if we were going to have it (and it looks like a sure thing) I'd want one type of machine with fewer animations to free up for other items.
    I do think it would be cool if our Sims could build a wooden washing machine & dryer, like they do with bathtubs and toilets.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Predictably, B won, not surprise at all. Many voted B because of the clothing are much more appealing compared to option A.

The Sims Game
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So I'm guessing the May vote is when we determine which gameplay objects we want or is that a separate thing?
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    So that's the art for Eco Living hu. Hmmmmmm! I was hoping for modern look because I really liked the little green powered car that was shown in the concept art work that was used for the announcement that Eco Living won the first pole. That was a really cool looking little car. And it wouldn't look good mixed in with B's art work.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited April 2017
    Light switch. I need it, I need it. Gimme light switch. Please. LIGHT SWITCH, LIGHT switch, light SWITCH.

LIGHT SWITCH

new-year-animations.blogspot.com.gif
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm glad B won. I liked it better. :) But deciding whether to leave out a necklace and or her outfit or hair or boots, which to choose etc...torture.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited April 2017
    hannaht413 wrote: »
    Yay! Style A reminded me so much of spa day. I'm glad that this SP will add more diversity to CAS and build mode.

Why does everyone keep saying it reminded them of spa day? The counters that came with that pack were f u g l y and the style in picture A was more futuristic.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I liked both, but I voted for B. Like others have said, I think we have a lot of modern styles in the game already. Style B will pair nicely with one of my existing favorites, Movie Hangout stuff. And I imagine it will also be a nice addition to the content we could get in a pets and/or farming pack, which is something I'm really looking forward to.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Honestly, I kind of like both, but I wasn't thrilled about B. I don't really have any country-style homes >.>; I live in the country as it is XD, which can sometimes be stressful. (Too many hunters going after Bears and Deer in the Hunting Seasons) I always wonder if I should duck, when the sound like they are close by. Plus, there are the escaping chickens and cows that just wander through the yard XD. I mean I'll probably still buy this pack, when I have the money to get it, but I'm going to be hoping for them to include more than one type of windows and doors into the game (Which they will likely only do one, but I can still hope right?)

I liked the windows in A. The windows in A would've been helpful for the types of homes I've been building in the the game layout I've been working on at the moment. I say layout because I keep my pre-made personal layouts in different save files than game play files. That way I don't have to completely start over every time. Even having windows that are a little Asian, Tuscan, or European would be great. I've always wanted to build one of those European-style apartment buildings. Some of the ones I've seen on House Hunters are almost like tiny homes. I'd kind of need to make a wet room type bathroom, if I built my favorite one, but a lot of those building have the black trim french-style windows that have different sections that are really tall.

I'm just not sure about building houses that look like my next door neighbor's home yet either. Maybe if I had enough room to actually make a farm.... But where in the game, if you only have Vampires, Sims 4, Dine Out, Movie Hangout, Get to Work, and City Living do you put >.> a farm? To do a realistic one I'd need at least a 40x40 and at most a 60x60 (Which there are no 60x60 lots yet. We can still hope for one though right?) ^.^; Most farms are actually a lot bigger than that around here. I live around dairy, tomato, corn, and wheat farms. If you have any idea where to put it in a different game layout, 0.0 PM me plz.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    You're looking at the winning art style for our upcoming Stuff Pack!

2e8d2575-950f-478f-8b46-c84979e5de07.jpg

Voting was intense - but Style B edged out a win. While the image you see above already looks lovely, our concept artists have a lot of work ahead of them to create even more art before we get to the Objects & Clothing Vote that starts on May 18th. They'll be generating more room views, and many more pieces of clothing, to help create what you'll play with in this pack.

When the Objects & Clothing Vote starts, you'll be voting on your favorite individual assets to have them included in the pack. Let me explain how this will work...

For Objects, take a look at the room view shown above. We'll separate all of the objects in that room... the sink, the rug, the ottoman, the window, etc... and you'll vote for a certain number of them that you want to have included in the pack. There will be additional room views and objects drawn between now and May 18th so that you'll have a wider selection to choose from.

For Clothing, take a look at the woman in the image shown above. We'll separate all of the things that she's wearing... in that piece of concept art she has 1 full body asset (her dress), 1 necklace accessory, 2 bracelet accessories, 1 pair of socks, and 1 pair of shoes. If you want everything that she's wearing, you'd actually be voting for 6 different assets. You can see how those numbers can add up quickly, so it's important to consider how each piece that you vote for will add to your game. And again, you'll have many more pieces of clothing and accessories to select from by the time voting begins.

In the meantime, please continue sharing your thoughts on this project here in the forums. We'll jump in with updates on our progress, as well as participating in many of the exciting discussions that are taking place!

QUICK, EVERYBODY VOTE FOR MALE CLOTHES.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Mmm I voted for A but I'm kinda glad that it didn't win because now it can be in its own focussed modern SP :) (like my minimalistic/futuristic idea in the Idea corner :wink: )
    I can't wait to vote for the assets! I loooove concept art! It's so pretty and I often just google "sims 4 concept art" lol :lol: So yeah interested to see what it's gonna look like :smiley:
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited April 2017
    great B was chosen i didn't get to vote but i would have voted for it anyways

A look like the same modern stuff we seen before my game is full with them
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm glad B won. I liked it better. :) But deciding whether to leave out a necklace and or her outfit or hair or boots, which to choose etc...torture.

I believe we can vote for everything she's wearing. They will add a lot of clothing beyond these, so, we can vote for it all.
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Noooooo! I was hoping for style A... :'(

Me too. This pack gets more and more uninteresting to me. I guess I end up NOT buying it. At least I can save my money then.
  • Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I voted for Style B and I'm super excited that it won. Nature loving sims are my favourite to play and this style fits both them and sims that don't have all that much money. I still hope that we get solar panels and windturbines despite those being more modern. I really hope the female dress on the picture makes it into the final pack along with the wooden bangles cause I love those.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    YES! I really like this style ^^
  • OldSkoolSimmerOldSkoolSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    Funny how we get to vote and people are still whining about it! Hooray for whatever wins because at least we have a say for once!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Funny how we get to vote and people are still whining about it! Hooray for whatever wins because at least we have a say for once!

Not really. I'd be surprised if everyone voted for the same things but when it comes to voting the people who did not get what they wanted will say something about it.....and we aren't whiners...just players patiently waiting and waiting for things we've wanted since 2014.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • melanie09919melanie09919 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm happy art style B won (and that we even have a say in the first place)! I'm sick of the modern look. I already live in NYC and I'm tired of searching the internet for a more down to earth style! I don't know why people are saying style B looks too farm like or "middle class;" everyone wealthy doesn't go around wearing NY sharp 24/7. People in NY dress like this all the time, especially at the private arts colleges.......

Not really. I'd be surprised if everyone voted for the same things but when it comes to voting the people who did not get what they wanted will say something about it.....and we aren't whiners...just players patiently waiting and waiting for things we've wanted since 2014.

I know that everyone will not vote for the same things, and of course those who didn't get what they wanted will be upset and say something about it. Like I said though, EA didn't have to ask for our input at all, so I'm happy regardless that our opinions are even up for direct consideration.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member

I know that everyone will not vote for the same things, and of course those who didn't get what they wanted will be upset and say something about it. Like I said though, EA didn't have to ask for our input at all, so I'm happy regardless that our opinions are even up for direct consideration.

I mean Style B wasn't my first choice...but I still plan to participate and looked for reference photos of things I would like to see. Would I have liked Style A to win...sure, I voted for it. But this experience is also amazing. Regardless how it went there will still be people sharing their displeasure and it's cool. Respect and move on.

I mean Style B wasn't my first choice...but I still plan to participate and looked for reference photos of things I would like to see. Would I have liked Style A to win...sure, I voted for it. But this experience is also amazing. Regardless how it went there will still be people sharing their displeasure and it's cool. Respect and move on.

I never said it wasn't fine to share opinions and never disrespected <3 but there's a difference between displeasure and complaining :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top