January 8 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all new Simmers joining us over the holiday season! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.
December 22 - It's the time of year again: Join the 12 Days of Simsmas! 🎄
You are browsing an archived read-only section of the forums. The Sims 4 Help Center can now be found here.

Human toddlers with vampire eyes

«1
All of my new born in game and made in CAS toddlers have vampire eyes now. And since you can't change toddler eye color, I'm stuck just hitting the randomize button in CAS until they are stuck with the least creepy option. I don't mind having creepy eyes on my actual vampire tots, but on my "human" toddlers, I'd rather not.... Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello
    Cc/mods have been causing this issue. If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Some cc eyes haven't been updated for the toddler patch. If you have cc eyes, it would be good to go back to,the download site and see if they have updated versions of them.
  • elektrana232elektrana232 Posts: 7 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Cc/mods have been causing this issue. If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Some cc eyes haven't been updated for the toddler patch. If you have cc eyes, it would be good to go back to,the download site and see if they have updated versions of them.

    Hi there...I have the same problem as well and for me it is not CC related. I removed my mods folders an checked in game. So there must be another reason why toddler eyes are acting up. I tried looking for other solutions, but so far I only found CC related ones.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    edited February 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Cc/mods have been causing this issue. If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Some cc eyes haven't been updated for the toddler patch. If you have cc eyes, it would be good to go back to,the download site and see if they have updated versions of them.

    Hi there...I have the same problem as well and for me it is not CC related. I removed my mods folders an checked in game. So there must be another reason why toddler eyes are acting up. I tried looking for other solutions, but so far I only found CC related ones.

    Hello @elektrana232
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

    If the issues remain, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

    If you still have issues after doing those things, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/PROBABLY-MOD-CC-RELATED-Toddlers-Eyes-are-replaced-with-Vampire/m-p/5848030#M33665
  • RellabelleRellabelle Posts: 12 New Member
    Had this same problem. It was cc based for me. 1 pair of eyes from PralineSims, PS_Eyes69D, it what caused it in my game.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    Rellabelle wrote: »
    Had this same problem. It was cc based for me. 1 pair of eyes from PralineSims, PS_Eyes69D, it what caused it in my game.

    Hello
    It is kind and thoughtful of you to post the name of the cc item that was causing the issue in your game :) It will be helpful for other simmers who are having the same issue.
  • LittleRedRowanLittleRedRowan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've removed all eye-related custom content from my game, repaired the game, but no luck. I really don't want to have to sift through my many mods.... Can't wait for this issue to be solved :(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi, I'm having the same issue. I've removed all eye-related custom content from my game, repaired the game, but no luck. I really don't want to have to sift through my many mods.... Can't wait for this issue to be solved :(

    Hello @LittleRedRowan
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Start the game and test to see if the issue remains. This wil show if testing through your mods/cc will help. Some simmers have found though that their toddlers eyes remain broken until they age up.
    If the issue persists without mods/cc in your game, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • LiShingLiShing Posts: 10 New Member
    I was having the same issue and removing Seven Hill's Sunset Eyes fixed it! It seems it's default replacement eyes that cause the issue.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    LiShing wrote: »
    I was having the same issue and removing Seven Hill's Sunset Eyes fixed it! It seems it's default replacement eyes that cause the issue.

    It was thoughtful and helpful of you to post the name of the cc that was causing the issue in your game :) It will help other simmers that have this issue.
  • DemiA2607DemiA2607 Posts: 10 New Member
    This is happening to me... i had one of Rellabelle's eyes and i removed it and got all excited. It didn't work however... it is a cc problem as when i move the cc temporarily i didn't have the problem. i can not look through to which cc is doing this problem as i have around 451 cc contents. i spent hours looking for this cc and i do not have the heart to delete them permanently. any ideas what i should do?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    DemiA2607 wrote: »
    This is happening to me... i had one of Rellabelle's eyes and i removed it and got all excited. It didn't work however... it is a cc problem as when i move the cc temporarily i didn't have the problem. i can not look through to which cc is doing this problem as i have around 451 cc contents. i spent hours looking for this cc and i do not have the heart to delete them permanently. any ideas what i should do?

    Hello @DemiA2607
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    Then when you have found the cc causing the issues, you can remove that and keep using the rest of your cc
  • DemiA2607DemiA2607 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > DemiA2607 wrote: »
    >
    > This is happening to me... i had one of Rellabelle's eyes and i removed it and got all excited. It didn't work however... it is a cc problem as when i move the cc temporarily i didn't have the problem. i can not look through to which cc is doing this problem as i have around 451 cc contents. i spent hours looking for this cc and i do not have the heart to delete them permanently. any ideas what i should do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @DemiA2607
    > Because you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    > If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
    > Then when you have found the cc causing the issues, you can remove that and keep using the rest of your cc

    thanks so much i will use this advice and see if it works Xx
  • DemiA2607DemiA2607 Posts: 10 New Member
    hay so i found what was causing me so much problems. i put it in my trash and deleted it then i realised some one might was to see it! i got annoyed but i remembered that it was a MsBlue item: the eye one hopeful that helps and I'm sorry i couldn't get all of it down. Follow the idea of rosemow of getting half to go somewhere else and carry on going cause even though it may take a while it is totally worth it! thanks so much rose mow for the amazing idea! Xx
  • bella_lazulibella_lazuli Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this problem too til i found the culprit. I also have hundreds of CC in my mods folder, so it would've been impossible to find which one was bad. The only cc eye replacements that'll cause the babies to have the vampire eyes are default replacement ones. I had to use the search thing in the mod folder in file explorer and just typed "eye" or "eyes" then i googled the name of each file that showed up for me (i didn't have too much eye cc) if it was an eye cc that went into the makeup section, i kept it, if it said default replacement in the source i found it from or if it looked like a familiar default replacement, i deleted it
  • bella_lazulibella_lazuli Posts: 2 New Member
    whatever item it is can be different for everyone since there are multiple kinds of default replacement eye cc. good luck though!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    DemiA2607 wrote: »
    hay so i found what was causing me so much problems. i put it in my trash and deleted it then i realised some one might was to see it! i got annoyed but i remembered that it was a MsBlue item: the eye one hopeful that helps and I'm sorry i couldn't get all of it down. Follow the idea of rosemow of getting half to go somewhere else and carry on going cause even though it may take a while it is totally worth it! thanks so much rose mow for the amazing idea! Xx

    You're welcome :)
  • KeneticKenetic Posts: 2 New Member
    I recently started having the Toddler Vampire Eyes issue recently. Through research, I found that my cc "Day Dreamin Eyes" by reticulates is what was causing the issues. The maker has acknowledged the issue and advised they would be updating the files. So if anyone is still having this issue or is using the same creator, be aware.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    Kenetic wrote: »
    I recently started having the Toddler Vampire Eyes issue recently. Through research, I found that my cc "Day Dreamin Eyes" by reticulates is what was causing the issues. The maker has acknowledged the issue and advised they would be updating the files. So if anyone is still having this issue or is using the same creator, be aware.

    Hello
    It is kind and thoughtful of you to post the name of the cc causing the issue in your game. It will help other simmers who have that cc.
  • usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    Im also having this problem. going through all my mods is going to be a chore, i dont have any eye mods that i remember >< so i will have to do this trial and error style.
    this is my lil sim with the vampire eyes, i cant even choose which color for her. when i click on the eyes it just has the shape and not the eye colors listed.
    s7nW44A.png?1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    Im also having this problem. going through all my mods is going to be a chore, i dont have any eye mods that i remember >< so i will have to do this trial and error style.
    this is my lil sim with the vampire eyes, i cant even choose which color for her. when i click on the eyes it just has the shape and not the eye colors listed.
    []

    Hello
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
    If you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the issue is still there with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing the problem. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    @rosemow I tried removing my skin overlay mod cause thats the only one i can think of causing it (since i dont have any eye CC) and its still giving me issue. i'll give your suggestion a try and see how it goes. its only showing up when shes a toddler but in CAS when i age her to a child she has normal eyes strangely.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    @rosemow I tried removing my skin overlay mod cause thats the only one i can think of causing it (since i dont have any eye CC) and its still giving me issue. i'll give your suggestion a try and see how it goes. its only showing up when shes a toddler but in CAS when i age her to a child she has normal eyes strangely.

    Hello
    Other simmers have also found that the issue is fixed once the toddler ages up to a child.
  • usagishiroiusagishiroi Posts: 68 Member
    ah found the problem (at least for me) it was a CC i didnt even remember getting... "ElderflowerEyes_Default_teanmoon" when i removed it the toddlers had normal eyes again. :smiley: hope this helps for others.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 155,688 Member
    ah found the problem (at least for me) it was a CC i didnt even remember getting... "ElderflowerEyes_Default_teanmoon" when i removed it the toddlers had normal eyes again. :smiley: hope this helps for others.

    It is good that you have found the cc causing the issue in your game. It is kind of you to post the name of it, to help fellow simmers :)
  • TwaillaTwailla Posts: 1 New Member
    I followed the instructions @bella_lazuli said and it worked. I found my problem, it was a cc file from [DFJ-kellyhb5] I don't remember the rest but I think it was "Dreamy eyes default replacement". Thank you for the help :)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top