Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Style B" has won the art style vote!

Comments

• TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    I'm happy it won! And so will be my hippie sims :)
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    That's it, this pack is dead to me.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • RetroberriiRetroberrii Posts: 11 New Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing (that's what the art style looks like, I can't see any washers, just a sink)!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/

GAAAAAAAASP I didn't even consider that we might get hand washing. Omg, that would be EPIC. They already hinted we might get ironing too <3 But yeah, neither of the concept images showed a washer and dryer.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/

The feature vote happens in late June. Be sure to vote for what you want when that happens :)

omg I feel so dumb now lol!! Righttt silly me thinking this was including gameplay as well :joy: thanks for telling me this
    giphy_1.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    And again, you'll have many more pieces of clothing and accessories to select from by the time voting begins.

That really is going to be a new form of torture! But it'll be hard to displace that hanging herb rack as my #1 choice.
    And again, you'll have many more pieces of clothing and accessories to select from by the time voting begins.

That really is going to be a new form of torture! But it'll be hard to displace that hanging herb rack as my #1 choice.

I really like it to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MissingYourNightmareMissingYourNightmare Posts: 15 New Member
    Wow, until now I hadn't made any hard choices, I chose style B because I felt like the sims would climb that tier higher in realism in everyday clutter. I've been a fan of the sims for a long time but because of lack of appropriate clutters in some senses I usually make bare starter homes or neat middle class. I would love a household that's not a dump but in the middle, I will keep this in mind when I vote on the next round, (though the choices just seem to be getting harder!!)
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I think it's super important that if laundry is a feature of this pack, we should get both cheap and expensive laundry appliances, that could fit in most homes. A cheap looking washing machine wouldn't look good in a modern home, and this pack is the only time we will get that, if laundry wins the vote.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    This isso awesome :love:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    ColieMoon wrote: »
    While I love style B, I and others would have preferred both of the styles.

I agree, I like both styles but I voted for A because I figured B would win anyway (surprise surprise) and wanted to just give A a nudge to show that style is definitely desired in our games. Maybe some other time :relaxed:
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    That's it, this pack is dead to me.

LOL! :joy: The risk of letting folks get passionate about an SP before it's even developed! No worries, other packs will come that you'll hopefully love.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    So glad that B won. A was just to ugly and cold looking.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• KeylalaKeylala Posts: 3 New Member
    Hoped for style A but this is okay if you make not tooooooooooooo retro.
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited April 2017
    Please please please include a washer/dryer in this pack and not make laundry just hand washing (that's what the art style looks like, I can't see any washers, just a sink)!!! That's the main reason I voted was because I thought we'd get washer/dryers like the ones in the sims 3 :/

GAAAAAAAASP I didn't even consider that we might get hand washing. Omg, that would be EPIC. They already hinted we might get ironing too <3 But yeah, neither of the concept images showed a washer and dryer.

That's because washers and dryers would be voted for in the new gameplay item part of the vote this summer. It's well explained on the first blog how the process will work.

• Theme Vote (April 3rd - April 6th): Select the overall theme for the pack. Every part of the pack will be influenced by this key decision.
    • Art Style Vote (April 10th – April 12th): Select between proposed art styles for the pack, which will guide our concept artists in the objects and clothing they create.
    • Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.
    • Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.
    • Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.
    • Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

I would have been happy with either but I'm glad B won. Can't wait to vote for the objects.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2017
    Excellent! SOOOO Happy!!!! Wanted B - as that fits ECO look the best to me - all natural looking fibres - not much plastic!!!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    Hey what's going on the site says vote (April 10 - April 12) and it's April 12 why did the voting end already. I didn't get a chance to see the art styles... [angry and sad]. The way it's worded makes it sound like we get to vote April 10 thru April 12 and it's April 12. That's very upsetting. I feel like I made an account for nothing.
    I want to see what style A was....
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    NamikoKawa wrote: »
    I want to see what style A was....

You can see both in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916033/art-style-how-did-you-vote/p1
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Hey what's going on the site says vote (April 10 - April 12) and it's April 12 why did the voting end already. I didn't get a chance to see the art styles... [angry and sad]. The way it's worded makes it sound like we get to vote April 10 thru April 12 and it's April 12. That's very upsetting. I feel like I made an account for nothing.

And the voting ended today at (2:00 PM EST?) - I believe. The first vote was the same way.

Thank you for giving me the link. I'm glad style B won I just hope they give us lots of colors to go with it. Style A was also good
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Love the herb rack, especially if I can fill it with herbs from my own garden (hint, hint). Still not interested in washer/driers.
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for giving me the link. I'm glad style B won I just hope they give us lots of colors to go with it. Style A was also good

Your welcome, here is the list of the other votes we will be doing. Just keep in mind that voting seems to be ending around 1:30 or 2:00 pm EST on the last day:

• Objects & Clothing Vote (May 18th – May 21st): Browse through the concept art we’ve drawn for the pack, and select your top choices to help us determine which objects and pieces of clothing are included.

• Feature Vote (June 23rd – June 26th): Select the top gameplay feature(s) you want to have included in the pack.

• Pack Icon Vote (Fall): Peruse different icons and select the one that will appear in the pack's box art and within the in-game catalog.

• Pack Title Vote (Fall): Select a title that best summarizes the pack's atmosphere and content.

Your welcome, here is the list of the other votes we will be doing. Just keep in mind that voting seems to be ending around 1:30 or 2:00 pm EST on the last day:

Thank you again really this is the first time I actually posted anything. I've always visited the forums but never signed up or posted anything. I guess this an event I found too hard to pass up although I missed the deadline.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @SimGuruGraham in the voting process will the vote also include the choice of washers and dryers to add in the game

washer dryer style number 1 that i would love in my game since it was the family washer dryer that was in the family while i was growing up
    246pguq.jpg

Style number 2

2zs38kx.jpg
    style number 3

2hwp4dt.jpg

and as for clothes for kids and toddler here are some good choices as well as for young adult sim and hairdo for female sims of all ages

2myyl2e.jpg

Thank you very much in advance for your answer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    @friendlysimmers In my opinion we should get this style and a modern style as well... I can't see this fitting in modern homes. But yours is exactly what I think of when I say cheaper washer and dryer.
    @friendlysimmers, @NeonHighways

If we do top loading and side loading washers/dryers, that is doubling the amount of animations. SimGuruGraham already stated on another thread that if we do that, there won't be much else for featured content because they would devote all animation creation to the many possible washer/dryer/clothes line/stackable combinations.

So we have to ask ourselves, do we ONLY want laundry (nearly every version of it) - or do we want a simpler version of laundry AND maybe something else?

That's not to say, we couldn't have cheaper washer/dryers and more expensive ones. I suppose that would just be a design change and more expensive machines would break less often and be more eco-friendly. But side loaders would free up animation for something else. If that was the case, how would you choose? Laundry all the way, or maybe simpler side loading machines freeing up more animation for another featured game play object?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top