Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Oh wow, just got up and I see the crystal ball in my purchase history~ thank you so much (I'm guessing that was @Jude525 , since the name is similar). :)

@MariTomKaulitZ and @Dusty_Boots and everyone else who's helped me or given advice, you guys are all wonderful too. :smiley:

I'll keep track of the DD and see if I can score the rest of the set. Thanks all!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Updated Top 5 here.

I recently snagged the Atomic Age Living set for 65 simpoints when it showed on the Daily Deals. Also, thank you @Kitiara for The Shaggy Look for Boys! :love:<3

you are welcome my great friend. <3o:)
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST

• LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2017
    @LadyMarmelade01 you're so welcome. Thank goodness it sent! I've tried gifting a few others on here but according to my purchase history, they didn't send through... ugh I spent over 100 sp from ads. Awww, thank you for giving me one of my top five's (Triple Band Shirt and Leggings)! It'll lower my CYS for Mother Russia :D

Top 5 updated here <3

Thanks yet again. Sadly I couldn´t download the bohemian lantern (again).

By the way:
    I contacted EA help a few days back and told them about the issue with gifting. I got an message I should delete origin and clean-boot my pc. I haven´t done that yet. I have to admit that I don´t know much about pc´s . But honestly I don´t think this issue is caused by my pc. Because I could send and retrieve other gifts before and after. I think it´s rather one of these glitches I have been reading about. :(
    I´m not sure if I still should follow EA´s answer because I´m not sure if it would solve anything...

@Nomiko13 you´re very welcome :) It´s a very cute outfit indeed. o:) I´m glad I could help you out aswell.

updated my top 5: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15660709/#Comment_15660709
    Post edited by LadyMarmelade01 on
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5. :D

@icmnfrsh thanks for the Terrific Tuxedo!!! <3

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @lauravonawesome you are quite welcome.

@LadyMarmelade01 I've reached the point where I am hesitant to take EA's advice unless I am desperate since their answer for anything related to TS3 seems to be a clean install and reboot. As to gifting, when I tried to gift something yesterday on my PC it failed three times. On a lark I tried on my tablet and it went right through. I've found this solution also works sometimes when I have trouble signing into the store or making a purchase. Of course, I've also had the opposite problem. A lot of us have found that the recent changes to Adobe Flash Player to be the source of trouble on the Store site in the Chrome browser. I'll try and find the link to the solution that I found that helped with a lot of my store problems and post it here. It may have been someone in this thread who led me to it, so if so maybe they can help out?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    For anyone who doesn't know about it the Daily Deal rotation help thread can be found here. The first few posts provide links to a variety of tools, but especially to the spreadsheet for tracking the upcoming Daily Deal rotation and how to best use that information to get the best bang for you SimPoint.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Gah! Missed Date Night yesterday, again. Now I need to wait until July 1st to grab it. :(
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    Hello again dear collectors of all simthings!

My updated list of five simthings is below:
    ( I apologize that I am unable to post links so far.)
    1. Once Upon a Time Cottage-Stories and Caps Wall Shelf (25 SimPoints)
    2. Portable Platter (19 SimPoints)
    3. Bridal Bouquet (19 SimPoints)
    4. Toybox of Dreams (103 SimPoints)
    5. Happily Ever After-Pretty Princess Dress (71 SimPoints)

Happy siming!

edited April 2017
    taratownie wrote: »
    Gah! Missed Date Night yesterday, again. Now I need to wait until July 1st to grab it. :(

I've missed at least five deals this past week. I keep silencing my phone's notification tone (texts and calendar alerts) and forgetting to turn it back on. Grrrr. I need to just find a tone that others find less bothersome. I like it, but.... It's the mockingjay whistle from Hunger Games. But then, I also have the music from The Exorcist as my ringtone, and that kinda freaks people out too, But that one is specifically for that purpose. *evil grin*
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited December 2017
    Just got the remaining 60% of Wretched Threads for free, yay!

Since @Dusty_Boots helped me out with the Old Mill set, I'm going to try and grab it myself when it comes up on the DD. Now that I understand a bit more about how cascades etc. work, I've updated my top 5 accordingly.

as of 12/16/17, i own the store! yay!

Thanks to everyone who's provided help and advice, as well as those who have sent me pretty things. Hugs to all of you! :)
    Post edited by lauravonawesome on
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    :star: Opportunity Alert!
    This might be a really good time to try for any Gold Worlds, non-DD Sets, and exclusives!
    P3PKjOR.jpg
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited April 2017
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    This might be a really good time to try for any Gold Worlds, non-DD Sets, and exclusives!
    P3PKjOR.jpg

@Dusty_Boots when did this start? I did MMAO a couple of hours ago and didn't have that option~ is that a current deal, or is there a way to find out what dates it is?

@Dusty_Boots when did this start? I did MMAO a couple of hours ago and didn't have that option~ is that a current deal, or is there a way to find out what dates it is?

The ad states that the promotion is running during this coming weekend and ends Sunday night at midnight. It doesn't state clearly when it begins but I'd guess Friday at midnight? All local times I'd suppose. I've seen them run similar promotions before but I don't clearly recall those details. Maybe someone that's sharper than me :# will share the information.

And now, seeing as how my other half has students this evening so I'm flying solo, I'm off for some yummy dinner I've been cooking all day & a double-header movie night on my couch with my most favorite blanket. And two warm cuddly cats. yay for the little things that make us happy! ;)
    edited April 2017
    I'm actually VERY surprised that they are running such a promotion when they clearly don't care about Sims 3 anymore or the people that experience issues on the Sims 3 website.
    I wonder if it's actually a standard scheduled thing like the DDs and Sales are. Trust me, knowing EA something will go wrong with this lol
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @LadyMarmelade01 The issue isn't caused by your PC. The store is messed up is all, haha. It's irksome when you have to gamble your chances of your gift not going through.

@taratownie I missed Futureshock Kitchen when it came up as its cheapest. I missed it by a few minutes and I would've been able to snag it for free too! :sweat:

Thank you @Dusty_Boots for obliterating my Top 5! :D Lol it was a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning. :star: Also, thanks for the info on the MMAO machine. I'm gonna watch a million ads even if it kills me. I hope I see Lunar Lakes or Lucky Palms show up. They're the only two worlds I don't own. If they don't, I hope individual items show up then, because with most sets, I own over half CYS so buying sets from MMAO I own part of isn't an option. :lol:

Top 5 Updated Here!

Also, thanks again, my lovely friend @Kitiara for gifting me an item to lower my CYS for the Steampunk: The Return set. I swear you gift me everyday to every other day, geez :tongue: You're a ninja LOL.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Nomiko13 I thought so. :/ Probably EA will never fix this? Since they haven´t fixed the Weekly Sales yet :( (After nearly half a year)

Additionally I wanted to thank lovely @MariTomKaulitZ for her gifts :) I absolutely adore the hanging chair <3 Everyone of my Sims will have one in their garden now ;) Preferably under a tree o:)

Thanks yet again. Sadly I couldn´t download the bohemian lantern (again).

By the way:
    I contacted EA help a few days back and told them about the issue with gifting. I got an message I should delete origin and clean-boot my pc. I haven´t done that yet. I have to admit that I don´t know much about pc´s . But honestly I don´t think this issue is caused by my pc. Because I could send and retrieve other gifts before and after. I think it´s rather one of these glitches I have been reading about. :(
    I´m not sure if I still should follow EA´s answer because I´m not sure if it would solve anything...

@LadyMarmelade01 The store content issues... Mostly, I agree with @Jude525 , the ongoing phasing out of Flash support on Chrome is causing minor headaches for many people. It *will* be great when the change is more widely adopted. I look forward to ditching Flash, which has been glitchy and chock fulla security holes since (?) circa 1982. :s I also agree that EA's advice is off-point. Harmless enough, but probably not very effective.

That interface has always been a bit wonky. I've read a vast multitude of solutions, which of course means that the issue doesn't arise from a single problem. Solutions have touched on Flash, .NET, JAVA, C+, router ports, OS handling, browsers, security software, moon phases and heaven knows what else. And its been patchwork-updated over the years to keep it running, albeit not always gracefully. That said, I still greatly appreciate the efforts from the EA Team that's enabled us all to extend our enjoyment of the store for all of these many years. <3

If downloading through your purchase history isn't working well, try downloading directly from the product's store page. The added security that's used on our account related pages may be causing issues like a simple timeout thang. Try an off-peak time of day/night.

And, not trying to beat a dead horse here :# but... Totally and completely clear the cache/history/cookies. I take a 2-step approach. After the commonly used clear cache method, I always take this one extra easy & quick step to clear my Chrome browser:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&amp;hl=en

Consider saving all of your owned content to an alternate storage drive for easy future access. A secondary, or external, or even a thumb drive(s) can work well. Then you'll never ever need to jump through these hoops again. Other hoops perhaps, but not these. The wonderful ciane has created a fantastic guide on how to efficiently organize & re-install store content.

REINSTALL: STORE STUFF
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807788/reinstall-store-stuff-sim-file-share/p1
    @Nomiko13 You're totally welcome! You really put out effort to work the deals and I'm happy to help out. It can get tiresome, eh? Just when you think you're this close >.< to owning it all along comes that seemingly endless multitude of single items. Irresistible to completionists, and I'm one of them. :D I think there's also a few 'hidden' items that only appear for purchase after you own it all. I seem to recall a few oddball (elder?) hairstyles, maybe a handful of them. *sigh* It seems that every time I get a notion to gift the ads run away. aaargh!
    Jahnna wrote: »
    I'm actually VERY surprised that they are running such a promotion when they clearly don't care about Sims 3 anymore or the people that experience issues on the Sims 3 website.
    I wonder if it's actually a standard scheduled thing like the DDs and Sales are. Trust me, knowing EA something will go wrong with this lol

imho They do care about TS3, the storefront, and all of us fans. Many of them are/were enthusiastic players & content creators, often sharing those personal creations with us all. They invested their time, hearts & souls into not only the game but also the incredible amount of added content and that marvelous storefront to access it all, often for free! That's some love right <3 there! But because all businesses must move forward I believe this 'benign neglect' is more a matter of allocating unavoidably dwindled resources, which always makes for difficult decisions. I'm picturing one overworked EA employee desperately juggling these matters during their lunch break based on their lasting commitment to us all. ;)

As to the MMAO promotion, you may well be right that's its a scheduled event. I did the store thing long ago, and I haven't been consistently active here long enough to have discerned a pattern with it.
    edited April 2017
    Jahnna wrote: »

imho They do care about TS3, the storefront, and all of us fans. Many of them are/were enthusiastic players & content creators, often sharing those personal creations with us all. They invested their time, hearts & souls into not only the game but also the incredible amount of added content and that marvelous storefront to access it all, often for free! That's some love right <3 there! But because all businesses must move forward I believe this 'benign neglect' is more a matter of allocating unavoidably dwindled resources, which always makes for difficult decisions. I'm picturing one overworked EA employee desperately juggling these matters during their lunch break based on their lasting commitment to us all. ;)

As to the MMAO promotion, you may well be right that's its a scheduled event. I did the store thing long ago, and I haven't been consistently active here long enough to have discerned a pattern with it.

You must remember that Sims 3 is years old now and Sims 4 actually came out almost 3 years ago. They have totally lost care for Sims 3 and just try and push people over to Sims 4.
    A huge amount of people have different problems: simpoints not working, no ads showing up, can't send gifts, can't purchase items/simpoints - just to mention a few. More than 5 months ago the Daily Deals and Sales got completely messed, and to this day the Sales page still has not been fixed. To this day, majority of people still have problems with the page and their accounts and EA doesn't do anything of their own back to fix anything. There is a Sims 3 thread on the EA help webpage where people flooded their problems and issues and even had to debate with moderators whether or not those problems were server, account, location or computer related. It took months and months for them to finally get someone to fix peoples problems one by one, after they finally gave in and accepted that most problems were account related and had to be fixed by them. (Yes EA, take your location/server/browser claims up your A!)
    So far they have only fixed very severe issues to keep the site running because they still get the bling bling $$ from people buying simpoints. I had to comment in this above mentioned help webpage to get my MMAO working again but I still stopped receiving emails when I was gifted something, I have never received a notification or message on the sims 3 page itself when I was gifted, me and other people had to directly contant EA when simpoints stopped being paid out over weeks a few months ago.
    You see, there are loads of problems but EA does as little as possible and they maybe occasionally assign 1 or 2 people to fix a few issues here and there when people start rising up against them. 95% of the time they deny that there are actually problems and if they give advise its stupid basic advise like, log out and back in again, clean your internet cache, reinstall Origin, etc. It's all PLUM-PLUM.
    And currently there are problems with the The Studio and many people not being able to upload anything to the Exchange. Has it been fixed? Well, for some... maybe.

EA even said themselves before Sims 4 was released, that they'd stop making more Sims games if Sims 4 turned out to be a flop so it only makes sense that they desperately try and push people to Sims 4. Talk about having no trust in your own work. :no_mouth:
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    @LadyMarmelade01 You're welcome! I'm sure it'll look amazing in your Sims' gardens :smiley:
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @LadyMarmelade01 yeah, those items have been on sale since late last year LOL. It irks me that I bum-rushed to buy some of the items I really wanted at the time when they were gonna just sit there 'til this day.

@Dusty_Boots Lol yes, it's tiresome as heck! It is disappointing when I miss out on a Daily Deal item that's at its cheapest, so I gotta wait 'til next rotation to snag. *stares in sadness at Futureshock Kitchen because had I got on the site a few minutes sooner, it would've been mine for 90 simpoints* Guess I gotta wait 'til next time :lol:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    edited April 2017

The ad states that the promotion is running during this coming weekend and ends Sunday night at midnight. It doesn't state clearly when it begins but I'd guess Friday at midnight? All local times I'd suppose. I've seen them run similar promotions before but I don't clearly recall those details. Maybe someone that's sharper than me :# will share the information.

And now, seeing as how my other half has students this evening so I'm flying solo, I'm off for some yummy dinner I've been cooking all day & a double-header movie night on my couch with my most favorite blanket. And two warm cuddly cats. yay for the little things that make us happy! ;)

Thanks you @Dusty_Boots ! I see the ad now, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for some sweet deals this weekend. :)

Enjoy your date night, and your kitties!

• KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    Top 5 Updated Here!

Also, thanks again, my lovely friend @Kitiara for gifting me an item to lower my CYS for the Steampunk: The Return set. I swear you gift me everyday to every other day, geez :tongue: You're a ninja LOL.

yeah some days are good. some are bad. but i try :)

[img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST